Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 430 431 432 ... 436 437 438
By Taint 2024-05-10 10:04:08
Link | Citer | R

This was my Sortie RoE post from a few months ago. Maybe they do read the english forums???

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61467-Sortie-Item-Trade
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 10:05:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm certain they look/looked at them.

Did they care and/or listen, we'll see
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-05-10 10:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
ilugmat said: »
Race change is a big deal, that would require a lot of backend work and some website coding too. Could that be a translation error?
Yeah. As cool as that sounds, I'm not holding my breath. I find it suspicious that after two decades with proper development teams they didn't do it, yet suddenly now that their annual budget is a thank-you card they're finally making it happen lol

Did you forget when they flat out told us they couldn't expand inventory any more, and that it was at the limit, but then came out later and said "we lied, we can do it, but it's gonna increase your sub fee"?

They can do anything they feel like doing, so long as the price satisfies them (if subs are down, now is a perfect time to implement Operation: money-activating-race-swap-protocol)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-10 10:29:07
Link | Citer | R

Wowie they actually added Cornelia as a vanabout reward. They're listening!

Maybe now I can finally change my mules hair to the one I want her to have
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-10 10:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Did you forget when they flat out told us they couldn't expand inventory any more, and that it was at the limit, but then came out later and said "we lied, we can do it, but it's gonna increase your sub fee"?

They can do anything they feel like doing, so long as the price satisfies them (if subs are down, now is a perfect time to implement money-activating-race-swap-protocol)
Nah, I didn't forget that one lol. I also know that some private servers offer character changes. To my knowledge, that's done by diving into the server and fudging the data around by hand. Obviously they wouldn't be paying for a human to do that by hand, but it's proof that it can be done. All it would take is an automated system.

It's a cool thought, and I don't think it's impossible. I'm just not going to hype myself up over the feature.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2024-05-10 10:31:08
Link | Citer | R

Idc I saw Cornelia was coming back and I was sold.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-05-10 10:41:45
Link | Citer | R

We said it in December

Should have made a platinum or diamond tier reward that permanently unlocks Cornelia Trust. That would have tripled engagement
By ilugmat 2024-05-10 10:47:45
Link | Citer | R

Did you forget when they flat out told us they couldn't expand inventory any more

They didn't lie, they had operating standards of the game written in stone and they just decided to change them later on. The time it takes to load your inventory after a zone with a lot of wardrobes is excessive.
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2024-05-10 10:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Did you forget when they flat out told us they couldn't expand inventory any more

They didn't lie, they have operating standards of the game written in stone and they just decided to change them later on. The time it takes to load your inventory after a zone with a lot of wardrobes is excessive.
Even with just the free ones it is excessive as it can interfere with buffing on content entry. The inventory load time penalty was probably always the limitation and they simply decided to lower their standards.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2024-05-10 11:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
With your main character + 4 mules, you can get a guaranteed Rank 3 (10 marbles, different last number for each).

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Be careful, 10 marbles does not mean an automatic rank 3, you could win rank 2 and have 9 losers.

Sadly, it's only 2 marbles per char, 200k/e.
They haven't done 10 in awhile.
(granted, I get the math =10 total, but it IS a guaranteed rank 3)
By drakefs 2024-05-10 11:02:35
Link | Citer | R

They didn't lie, they have operating standards of the game written in stone and they just decided to change them later on. The time it takes to load your inventory after a zone with a lot of wardrobes is excessive.

It is bad but I am willing to wait.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-10 11:03:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
Sadly, it's only 2 marbles, 200k/e.
They haven't done 10 in awhile.
5 chars * 2 marbles = 10
 Lakshmi.Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2024-05-10 11:08:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
5 chars * 2 marbles = 10

Yes, yes, edited already.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-10 11:12:20
Link | Citer | R

(granted, I get the math =10 total, but it IS a guaranteed rank 3)

Think you still missed the point though, since it's not a guaranteed rank 3.

If the winning numbers are:
Rank 1: 123
Rank 2: 24
Rank 3: 4

And you picked
XX0
XX1
XX2
XX3
X24
...etc

You would have 9 losers and 1 rank 2 prize, no rank 3 prizes.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2024-05-10 11:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Jesus ***, I get the point.
Doing it that way IS a guaranteed rank 3 but you MIGHT get 2 or 1.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-10 11:17:51
Link | Citer | R

I guess we have different definitions of guaranteed, because at least 2 people have already illustrated that you can, in fact, not get a rank 3 prize.

In my eyes, when I say something is guaranteed, I mean that it will definitely happen. If there's a possible scenario under which that thing doesn't happen, it's not guaranteed. That kind of goes against the definition of guaranteed?

This discussion began because a guy wanted the table. If you win 9 rank 4s and a single rank 2, you cannot get a table. Thus, getting a table with 5 characters is not guaranteed. You are guaranteed to have *some kind* of winning marble, but not a rank 3.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2024-05-10 11:25:08
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

The last digit is STILL a rank 3.
That's the guarantee. You roll 10 numbers ending 0-9, 1 WILL be rank 3 no matter what.
If you were to pick a rank 3 over a 2 (why?) that is a different issue.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-10 11:35:44
Link | Citer | R

This has to be one of the dumbest, most nitpicky arguments I've ever seen on this website
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-05-10 11:37:41
Link | Citer | R

In his example, "you" picked X24. Using his winning numbers, you would win a rank 2, not 3. It's not a guaranteed R3 because theR2 Took the place of the R3 you accounted for in your marble purchases.

Edit- eh why did I respond, y'all are saying the exact same thing but debating semantics.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-10 11:41:08
Link | Citer | R

You can't pick.

Quote:
The winning number for each prize rank will be drawn separately. In the event that winning numbers overlap for multiple prize ranks, the higher-ranked prize will be given precedence. For example, should the winning numbers for ranks 2 and 3 be “11” and “1” respectively, the holder of a Bonanza pearls etched with the number “111” will be awarded with a rank 2 prize.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-05-10 11:41:09
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

The last digit is STILL a rank 3.
That's the guarantee. You roll 10 numbers ending 0-9, 1 WILL be rank 3 no matter what.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your last 2 digits are 24 in that case doesn't the game force you into a rank 2 prize? I swear I remember that happening to me one time and not being able to pick between the rank 3 or rank 2. It just automatically defaulted to the higher tier prize. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that's the way it works. The moment you trade your marble the bonanza moogle tells you which rank you earned. He doesn't say it's either one or the other.

Quote:
The winning number for each prize rank will be drawn separately. In the event that winning numbers overlap for multiple prize ranks, the higher-ranked prize will be given precedence.

I knew it! I won rank 2 not too long ago and that was the situation when it happened. I wasn't even allowed to pick from rank 3.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-10 11:49:19
Link | Citer | R

Edit- eh why did I respond, y'all are saying the exact same thing but debating semantics.

It's not semantics or nit-picking, it's the core principle of the thing being discussed.

You are not guaranteed to get a Rank 3 prize with 10 pearls. It's impossible to guarantee this.

Other guy is wrong about how bonanza works so he thinks you are guaranteed to get one. This is factually incorrect. We're not saying the same thing, we're in fact saying the complete opposite things.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 12:02:37
Link | Citer | R

This is why education is lacking.

Know the difference between;

Guaranteed to win at least a rank 3, and specifically a rank 3.

000 111 222 333 444 555 666 777 888 999 WILL 100% win something, but not necessary a table.

If you 100% specifically want a table, the minimum number of marbles is 30
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-10 12:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This is why education is lacking.

Know the difference between;

Guaranteed to win at least a rank 3, and specifically a rank 3.

Sure, and for the purposes of this discussion and why this was brought up in the first place, that's a fundamental difference. If you want a table, you need precisely a rank 3. Getting rank 3 or better is not the same and, in fact, can cause you to not get a table. The opposite of the desired outcome and proves, in this reality we live in, that a rank 3 prize is not guaranteed.

I hope you've learned something about mog bonanza, logic, or the definition of the word guaranteed, maybe all 3! Have a nice Friday
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-10 12:10:50
Link | Citer | R

I'll take your rank 2 if you don't want it
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-10 12:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Wait besiged for level 99????
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-10 12:22:01
Link | Citer | R

Better hope they give charmed players some Locus AoE reduction or I'm finna cause some EP loss
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-10 12:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Race change is a big deal, that would require a lot of backend work and some website coding too. Could that be a translation error?
Yeah. As cool as that sounds, I'm not holding my breath. I find it suspicious that after two decades with proper development teams they didn't do it, yet suddenly now that their annual budget is a thank-you card they're finally making it happen lol

They can do anything they feel like doing, so long as the price satisfies them (if subs are down, now is a perfect time to implement Operation: money-activating-race-swap-protocol)
They have also said wings of godess would be last expansion than they extended with abyssea and said its a part of wotg now this is the end, than we ended with soa.

Square blatant liars lol
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-10 12:25:27
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Better hope they give charmed players some Locus AoE reduction or I'm finna cause some EP loss
Ffxi without griefing is not ffxi cant wait to sanguine ppl on rdm and justify it for hp
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 12:47:35
Link | Citer | R

See how easy it WAS afterall to raise the level of besieged.

Just like I said.
First Page 2 3 ... 430 431 432 ... 436 437 438