Random Politics & Religion #25

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 59 60 61
By fonewear 2017-06-22 16:15:35
Link | Citer | R

I don't get the idea that health care is demanded. Who are you to demand anything. You guys are lucky we Republicans even let you live !
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-06-22 18:02:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Senate group revealed their revised AHCA today. Not sure how I feel about the employer mandate being affected.
If they end the mandate, employers are going to hate it. Right now, it gives them an excuse to not hire full time workers.
That's got to be the stupidest thing I have seen this year, and I have seen some of Trump's tweets.

Without the mandate, of course they aren't going to hate it. In fact, they are going to love it.

What really killed the full-time employee jobs is that the tax law redefined full-time employees from being anyone who works 32+ hours a week to 28+ hours a week. It also didn't help matters any that the mandate also had a FTE calculation where you had to offer insurance if you had 50 FT or FTE employees, whichever was higher. That was the bar that the tax law set to force employers to offer health insurance. Which is why so many small/medium businesses cut hours significantly to avoid, and why part time work was the only work you could find anymore.

Now without the mandate to stop/hurt employees, expect to see a sudden boom in full-time jobs to happen. Thanks Obama Trump.

Also, what better way in proving that the liberal mantra doesn't work by showing that their ideas are dangerous to the individual people?

Liberal plan: Less work, less employment, higher premiums, less money, more welfare.
Conservative plan: More work, more employment, premiums not rising at the levels of the liberal plan, more money, less need for welfare.
This is where we disagree. With part time jobs, they don't tend to give things like sick days or vacation time. So right now, they use the excuse of the ACA for why they can't hire full time workers. And they've been running with part-time workers for a few years now. I don't expect that to change at all. Why would they suddenly upgrade their workforce to full time? Except now they won't be able to blame it on the ACA for hurting their bottom line.

Maybe we are thinking about different jobs, but I'm referring to places like retail and fast food, not office jobs which I'm unfamiliar with.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-22 18:35:53
Link | Citer | R

So question.

Why does the top 0.1% of income earners need tax cuts more than 23,000,000 Americans need health care?

And has the senate GOP forgotten that Trump said everyone would get covered?

There are ways to do this, more than one, some don't even use those two deadly words.

Both Germany and Japan achieve 100% coverage without single payer.
By Nausi 2017-06-22 18:40:30
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Why does the top 0.1% of income earners need tax cuts more than 23,000,000 Americans need health care?

The real question is, if in order to cover those 23 million people, 50 million + people need to have premiums and deductibles so large that they do everything they can to avoid going to the doctor, are they really insured?
By fonewear 2017-06-22 19:03:24
Link | Citer | R

So question.

There are ways to do this, more than one, some don't even use those two deadly words.

Go to Germany or Japan then.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-22 19:03:49
Link | Citer | R

So question.

Also sounds like you nominated yourself to write a health care bill. Go ahead I dare ya !
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-22 19:10:36
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
The real question is, if in order to cover those 23 million people, 50 million + people need to have premiums and deductibles so large that they do everything they can to avoid going to the doctor, are they really insured?
But we MUST protect the profits of the insurance and drug industries!

Really, check out how Germany does it. They have real insurance competition there. The the German insurance industry actually offers good deals. They have to to get those Euros.
By fonewear 2017-06-22 19:17:32
Link | Citer | R

I really want to look up Germany's healthcare system. I really do ! It sounds exciting. More exciting than a dirt bike.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-22 19:18:57
Link | Citer | R

Please while you have a captive audience go through every aspect of Germany's health system. Spare no details.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 19:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Because the US is paying for both nations national defence. Seriously imagine if the USA cut it's defense budget by 90%, which would give enough to protect just our borders. All that extra revenue would pay for free healthcare, free education, economic development and a tax cut.

Europe and Asia would both be *** through. Both China and Russia are fairly aggressive expansionist countries with large capable militaries. Honestly I say *** em, they want global equality and state controlled society then let them be equally poor and equally controlled. The USA should not be subsidizing other countries defense or social systems.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-06-22 19:25:34
Link | Citer | R

Really, check out how Germany does it. They have real insurance competition there. The the German insurance industry actually offers good deals. They have to to get those Euros.

The problem with this is there is no open market. Here in my area of Central New York if you go on the exchange you only have 2 choices for insurance companies. Your telling me out of all the insurance companies in this state I can only choose from 2?

I make good money but for the family plan I have to pay $860 a month for the 3 of us and I have a $5,000 deductible. Easily verified by going to http://www.newyorkstateofhealth.com.

In retrospect my last employer insurance I had before this waste of a law called the ACA came along. I paid $450 a month for family coverage and only had a $250 deductible.

I go to the doctor like 6 times a year for appointments, my son and better half maybe 6 together. How in hells name am I ever going to go above my deductible unless god forbid I or one of my others are near death.

I am paying for some slob that made bad choices like everyday of burger king, or the chronic 2 pack a day for 30 year smoker. That to me is ***. I take care of myself and make good choices so I do not have to go to the dr all the time.

Call me cruel or whatever but your poor *** life choices are not my problem.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-22 19:29:52
Link | Citer | R

Why does the government need to be involved with health care to begin with ? Did anyone really ask for this... I didn't !
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-22 19:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Why do libs get to *** about "killing people" when they support the abortion of hundreds of thousands of babies every year?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-22 19:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Why do libs get to *** about "killing people" when they support the abortion of hundreds of thousands of babies every year?

Are we human or are we dancers ?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 19:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »

The problem with this is there is no open market. Here in my area of Central New York if you go on the exchange you only have 2 choices for insurance companies. Your telling me out of all the insurance companies in this state I can only choose from 2?

I make good money but for the family plan I have to pay $860 a month for the 3 of us and I have a $5,000 deductible. Easily verified by going to http://www.newyorkstateofhealth.com.

In retrospect my last employer insurance I had before this waste of a law called the ACA came along. I paid $450 a month for family coverage and only had a $250 deductible.

I go to the doctor like 6 times a year for appointments, my son and better half maybe 6 together. How in hells name am I ever going to go above my deductible unless god forbid I or one of my others are near death.

I am paying for some slob that made bad choices like everyday of burger king, or the chronic 2 pack a day for 30 year smoker. That to me is ***. I take care of myself and make good choices so I do not have to go to the dr all the time.

Call me cruel or whatever but your poor *** life choices are not my problem.

It's more wealth redistribution. Middle class and upper middle class professionals get the ***taxed out of them to support the generational permanent welfare recipients. The goal is to create economic equality by forcing everyone to the same living standard.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-22 19:48:19
Link | Citer | R

So they introduce a terrible "health care" bill that Republicans immediately jump off of before they even read it, but they are still gonna vote on it next Thursday. McConnell setting himself up to fail all on his own.
By fonewear 2017-06-22 19:49:24
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
So they introduce a terrible "health care" bill that Republicans immediately jump off of before they even read it, but they are still gonna vote on it next Thursday. McConnell setting himself up to fail all on his own.

Really it is terrible did you read it or did someone tell you that ?
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-22 20:25:08
Link | Citer | R

Its not even in line with the Republican platform, they are eliminating the taxes on the wealthy (of course thats Republican) but they are keeping the entitlements. How is that even gonna work? Its no surprise the usual obstructionists have already jumped off.
By fonewear 2017-06-22 20:26:52
Link | Citer | R

I'm not surprised by anything that is why I'm here.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-22 20:44:32
Link | Citer | R

This is where we disagree. With part time jobs, they don't tend to give things like sick days or vacation time.
Let me ask you this then: What is more expensive for a company, one employee's health insurance or one employee's total yearly PTO (which includes sick and vacation)?

Remember, almost all companies pay more than the employee does in health insurance for that single employee. Thanks to Obamacare's 9.5% limit on the employee cost. Meaning, the average amount of insurance an employer pays per employee is roughly $450 per month, or roughly $5k per year, per employee. Multiply that by 50, and that's $250k minimum.

Oh, and just in case, that's 2015 numbers. Don't forget that with, even the most liberal "increase" of 5% (reality is closer to 25%) for 2016.

So, yeah, can you honestly say that the average employee takes $5k worth of vacation and sick time if they were full-time? Or would it be closer to $500?

Maybe we are thinking about different jobs, but I'm referring to places like retail and fast food, not office jobs which I'm unfamiliar with.
Even then you are wrong. This is average throughout the nation, not industry specific.

Edit: FU Kojo

Edit2: FU me!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-22 20:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Why not ask your representative who would be receiving it? Or their donor to your representative's slush fund/campaign funds?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-22 20:47:41
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Viciouss said: »

Really it is terrible did you read it or did someone tell you that ?
I'm guessing reading. Most likely from Infowars.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-22 21:15:03
Link | Citer | R

I am paying for some slob that made bad choices like everyday of burger king, or the chronic 2 pack a day for 30 year smoker.
Congrats, you understand how insurance works.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-22 21:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I am paying for some slob that made bad choices like everyday of burger king, or the chronic 2 pack a day for 30 year smoker.
Congrats, you understand how insurance works.
Sure, if they have the same insurance carrier as Slore does.

However, if those two people got their insurance for free, because they decided that living off the government is better than working, do you still think that's right?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-22 21:18:37
Link | Citer | R

Because if they are both on the same insurance, Slore is getting hit twice, once for the taxes he pays to support those lazy ***, and again for insurance risk for being in the same general pool (aka in the same insurance company that supports those who make bad choices like that).

Again, do you think that's still right?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-22 21:22:47
Link | Citer | R

At least with Medicaid, they get the subpar care they deserve.

Too bad the disabled also gets the same subpar care, now with waiting lines that may result in their death!

So, yay for socialized medicine!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-22 21:26:24
Link | Citer | R

It's really useful to think of the poor as subhuman in these scenarios, yes?

Unless Slore is raking in >$250k a year, he isn't subsidizing anyone's insurance.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 59 60 61