Random Politics & Religion #25

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 59 60 61
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-22 06:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
How else did others take it and who were they?
Liberals/democrats and they took it as complete anarchy.

Or at the very least, the total destruction of federal government.

You know, the type of stuff they say would happen if Trump/any other Republican were to be elected. Doom, gloom, complete destruction of the world, everyone dying just because, all that jazz.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-22 08:16:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

You know, the type of stuff they say would happen if Trump/any other Republican were to be elected. Doom, gloom, complete destruction of the world, everyone dying just because, all that jazz.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-22 08:23:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Don't worry with global warming and terrorism combined we can achieve this.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 08:35:03
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
"Drain the Swamp" isn't a Republican slogan, it's one of Trumps slogan.
Yes.

Quote:
Specifically it means to get rid of all the unelected bureaucrats who have been running the Government for decades....
No.

It menat different things to everyone who heard it.
What savael noted is pretty much what most Trump supporters took it as. How else did others take it and who were they?

Trump supporters don't count because they are inhuman deplorables who need to be killed off and have their progeny sterilized. Chanti is referring to proper people, who rightly vote left.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 09:31:54
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Building a "solar" wall is actually a brilliant idea (If you are going to build a wall for stupid reasons anyways). I don't know if it would really pay for itself, but I like the idea.

Physics says you are dumb.

The lower half of the "wall" is shaded too much for it to be effective. Tall narrow vertical structures work much better, large flat regions of tracking mirrors / panels work the best. Solar PEV panels are the least efficient but they don't require a thermal cycle so can be done cheaply in weird places.

The reason solar panels make sense on tall buildings is that they aren't using that space for anything else and that absorbing the incidental solar radiation also helps keep the building cool and thus lowers AC costs. I've always been a big supporter of using Solar for efficiency increases.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 09:32:29
Link | Citer | R

So which you guys guys posed for this ... seriously...

[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-22 09:45:16
Link | Citer | R

I guess physics say Trump is stupid as well, but we don't need physics to tell us that.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-22 09:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Just tripped over this and thought it outlined the mentality behind Trumps election.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/06/09/remarks-president-trump-regulatory-relief

Quote:
We have an obsolete system. And I have to say, before Elaine got here, they had spent close to $7 billion on the system. Boom -- a waste. All wasted. But we’re going to have a great system -- great new system. A top of the line -- it will be the best in the world. Right now, we’re at the lowest part of the pack. It will be the best in the world, for a lot less money than they’ve been wasting for years.

For too long, America has poured trillions and trillions of dollars into rebuilding foreign countries while allowing our own country -- the country that we love -- and its infrastructure to fall into a state of total disrepair. We have structurally deficient bridges, clogged roads, crumbling dams and locks. Our rivers are in trouble. Our railways are aging. And chronic traffic that slows commerce and diminishes our citizens' quality of life. Other than that, we’re doing very well.

Most Americans care more about American then about Europe, Middle East, Canada or Mexico. When those same Americans try to get things done in the USA they get called bigots, racists, deplorables and every other insult a progressive leftist can think of.

Quote:
Instead of rebuilding our country, Washington has spent decades building a dense thicket of rules, regulations and red tape. It took only four years to build the Golden Gate Bridge and five years to build the Hoover Dam and less than one year to build the Empire State Building. People don’t believe that. It took less than one year. But today, it can take 10 years and far more than that just to get the approvals and permits needed to build a major infrastructure project.

These charts beside me are actually a simplified version of our highway permitting process. It includes 16 different approvals involving 10 different federal agencies being governed by 26 different statutes.

As one example -- and this happened just 30 minutes ago -- I was sitting with a great group of people responsible for their state’s economic development and roadways. All of you are in the room now. And one gentleman from Maryland was talking about an 18-mile road. And he brought with him some of the approvals that they’ve gotten and paid for. They spent $29 million for an environmental report, weighing 70 pounds and costing $24,000 per page.

This is the bureaucracy the leftist creates. Dozens of seemingly "good ideas" that weren't well thought out and never revisited stacked onto of each other to create a quagmire of red tape that only a well staffed corporation can manage, or by simply bribing the progressive bureaucrats involved.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-06-22 10:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Building a "solar" wall is actually a brilliant idea (If you are going to build a wall for stupid reasons anyways). I don't know if it would really pay for itself, but I like the idea.

You could say we "steal the sunshine" cause like you can't own the Sun man !
By fonewear 2017-06-22 10:06:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure every word ever written has been turned into a song.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-22 10:56:47
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

"Ahead of budget and under schedule", at that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-22 11:20:34
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-22 11:48:34
Link | Citer | R

Come on people smile on your brother everybody get together try to love one another right now:
By fonewear 2017-06-22 12:05:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

"Ahead of budget and under schedule", at that.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-22 12:55:11
Link | Citer | R

You think that ran through Trumps head when he tweeted that he doesn't have tapes of his conversations with Comey.

Like, "yeah I'll show them and put an end to all this"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-22 12:58:10
Link | Citer | R

Looking at old political cartoons, this one hit the nail on the head:

From 11/09, the day after the election:

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-22 13:03:11
Link | Citer | R

Antidisestablishmentarianism?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-22 13:15:32
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Antidisestablishmentarianism?
How very antidisestablishmentarianist of you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-22 13:46:29
Link | Citer | R

Senate group revealed their revised AHCA today. Not sure how I feel about the employer mandate being affected.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Serveur: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-06-22 14:34:25
Link | Citer | R

Senate group revealed their revised AHCA today. Not sure how I feel about the employer mandate being affected.
If they end the mandate, employers are going to hate it. Right now, it gives them an excuse to not hire full time workers.
By Nausi 2017-06-22 14:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Im torn over my fav senators voicing opposition to it. I hope we can resolve things and move forward.
By fonewear 2017-06-22 15:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Im torn over my fav senators voicing opposition to it. I hope we can resolve things and move forward.

Which senator is the trendy ? My bet Crying Chuck !
By fonewear 2017-06-22 15:39:52
Link | Citer | R

With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea...whether there are "tapes" or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings.

There you go so Mueller isn't holding them in his giant cheeks as expected.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-22 15:53:31
Link | Citer | R

So Trump is dumb, ok we can agree on that.

Now there are no details about the specifics on how it would work/be built, so I don't get why you bring physics in.
The panels would need to be facing south anyway so the Mexican side, lol.
By fonewear 2017-06-22 15:58:26
Link | Citer | R

I think we should build a wall of tears from the election. Just take all the liberal tears freeze em . Surely there is enough to cover the southern border.

If that doesn't work just get Bill Nye the Science guy to build it. That sum *** isn't doing anything these days. He can use his Science powers. And will the wall into existence.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-22 16:02:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
If they end the mandate, employers are going to hate it. Right now, it gives them an excuse to not hire full time workers.
That's got to be the stupidest thing I have seen this year, and I have seen some of Trump's tweets.

Without the mandate, of course they aren't going to hate it. In fact, they are going to love it.

What really killed the full-time employee jobs is that the tax law redefined full-time employees from being anyone who works 32+ hours a week to 28+ hours a week. It also didn't help matters any that the mandate also had a FTE calculation where you had to offer insurance if you had 50 FT or FTE employees, whichever was higher. That was the bar that the tax law set to force employers to offer health insurance. Which is why so many small/medium businesses cut hours significantly to avoid, and why part time work was the only work you could find anymore.

Now without the mandate to stop/hurt employees, expect to see a sudden boom in full-time jobs to happen. Thanks Obama Trump.

Also, what better way in proving that the liberal mantra doesn't work by showing that their ideas are dangerous to the individual people?

Liberal plan: Less work, less employment, higher premiums, less money, more welfare.
Conservative plan: More work, more employment, premiums not rising at the levels of the liberal plan, more money, less need for welfare.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-22 16:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Also these sum *** are getting destroyed by Mitch McConnel or something:
Capitol Police forcibly removed protesters gathered outside Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s office on Thursday, with at least one photo showing drops of blood on the hallway floor.

The crowd was protesting the health care bill that Senate Republicans had written in secret at McConnell’s direction. Judging by photos and video from reporters, the senator’s staffers didn’t appreciate their presence.

Police reportedly arrested more than 20 protesters, many of whom were in wheelchairs and on respirators.

I'm getting reports that some of them were gassy. I report gassy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mitch-mcconnell-health-care-protest_us_594be412e4b0a3a837bdf1b7?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 59 60 61