Dancing Salvage Bans.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Dancing Salvage Bans.
Dancing Salvage Bans.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 16 17 18
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-02-17 21:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Lye is so mad lol
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-02-18 01:33:15
Link | Citer | R

Okay, now that im not posting from my phone and can read your nonsense:

Yes, that list doesnt list suspensions. How many accounts knew about multipopping HQ bosses? I'd be willing to wager that the amount of people that knew about that exploit is significantly lower than the amount of people who know where to obtain X farm bot or where to obtain X pos hack tool. Except now everyone whos used X farm bot or X pos hack tool in the past two months seems to be getting banned. It stands to reason that if SE had dropped the banhammer back in Sept instead of issuing a slap on the wrist, there would not have been a general consensus that its open season to do whatever you want in FFXI. And if you think that because SE issued suspensions back in Sept instead of bans, that no one thought "lol SE is afraid to lose subs now thats ridiculous", youre out of your mind. The people who did the exploits and got suspensions back in Sept were flabbergasted that their accounts werent banned. For them, it was "well was fun, but I was bored, so I dont care if I'm banned now". And if you're thinking it was a test to see "who will bot now and how many accounts we can actually ban", you're an idiot, because every account they ban is 12.95 less in their account.
[+]
 Sylph.Talon
Serveur: Sylph
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2015-02-18 13:18:24
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Okay, now that im not posting from my phone and can read your nonsense:

Yes, that list doesnt list suspensions. How many accounts knew about multipopping HQ bosses? I'd be willing to wager that the amount of people that knew about that exploit is significantly lower than the amount of people who know where to obtain X farm bot or where to obtain X pos hack tool. Except now everyone whos used X farm bot or X pos hack tool in the past two months seems to be getting banned. It stands to reason that if SE had dropped the banhammer back in Sept instead of issuing a slap on the wrist, there would not have been a general consensus that its open season to do whatever you want in FFXI. And if you think that because SE issued suspensions back in Sept instead of bans, that no one thought "lol SE is afraid to lose subs now thats ridiculous", youre out of your mind. The people who did the exploits and got suspensions back in Sept were flabbergasted that their accounts werent banned. For them, it was "well was fun, but I was bored, so I dont care if I'm banned now". And if you're thinking it was a test to see "who will bot now and how many accounts we can actually ban", you're an idiot, because every account they ban is 12.95 less in their account.

I would also wager that the Dynamis time extension exploit has not been patched and not a lot of people knew about this one as well. Unfortunately, no exploit is safe because people like to talk about what they do and it is human nature to not want to keep something a secret. If Square keeps deciding to ban accounts, they would essentially be saving themselves from having to continue supporting FFXI and direct all of their resources to FF14.

On the positive, this thread has been a welcome relief to a slow work day.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-18 14:09:32
Link | Citer | R

every account they ban is 12.95 less in their account.

I dont totally aggre with the quoted.

Lets update what happened with rmt-kun i reported saturday. I havent seem him since yesterday. Not sure if he actually got banned or just ran out of stuffs to sell, as aparently his chars (5+4+3, 3 turns of dynamis a day, probably it was 5 paying accounts) were striked also so he should have low chars to run dynamis atm. Lets supose it was banned.

During his time alive, it rmted 150 millions (you can check it "two of cup card", odin).
Leaving aside question if there is market, lets assume there is, if he buys a new account, it will still be profitable for him and they WILL buy a new account, thats extra 30$, so in the end, those rmts should be best costumers for SE, as they will be, instead a loss of 13$, a profit of 17$. Most likely the real players banned will leave for good, but its a short number in the end.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2015-02-18 14:39:40
Link | Citer | R

I think SE is losing more money due to people unsubscribing for the lack of interesting content update for the last year than actually banning 3rd party tool users.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-18 14:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Every banned account means little when there are plenty of playing still paying a sub without actually paying. The sense of self-importance is great but ultimately meaningless. Every cheater takes a risk and eventually the hammer comes down.

You'll either start over, grind 'byssea and start the whole thing over again (this ain't XI '07) or just walk from the title.
 Sylph.Talon
By Sylph.Talon 2015-02-18 15:14:00
Link | Citer | R

On a more important note, what are the current populations of all servers.

I know that Sylph is around 470-521. Odin sometimes sees up to 700. Are Asura and Bahamut contenders for best active server?
 Odin.Jsmooth
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-02-18 15:19:56
Link | Citer | R

Odin varies quite a bit. 700ish when extremely dead, but usually 1k-1.6k during jp hours.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-02-18 15:34:59
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
every account they ban is 12.95 less in their account.

I dont totally aggre with the quoted.

Lets update what happened with rmt-kun i reported saturday. I havent seem him since yesterday. Not sure if he actually got banned or just ran out of stuffs to sell, as aparently his chars (5+4+3, 3 turns of dynamis a day, probably it was 5 paying accounts) were striked also so he should have low chars to run dynamis atm. Lets supose it was banned.

During his time alive, it rmted 150 millions (you can check it "two of cup card", odin).
Leaving aside question if there is market, lets assume there is, if he buys a new account, it will still be profitable for him and they WILL buy a new account, thats extra 30$, so in the end, those rmts should be best costumers for SE, as they will be, instead a loss of 13$, a profit of 17$. Most likely the real players banned will leave for good, but its a short number in the end.

These arent RMTs posting about getting banned on their first infraction for botting though...so you're trying to compare apples to oranges.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-02-18 18:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura was at 930 last night around midnight est

edit: 864 on at 10 pm est today
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-18 19:40:42
Link | Citer | R

It's "NA primetime" etc and there's only 376 on Quetz, lol.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-02-18 22:04:37
Link | Citer | R

11pm est, 432 on Carby, 1 hr to maint.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-18 22:19:27
Link | Citer | R

fenrir 446 41 minutes to maintenance. weekdays generally are 450-600 during NA time, 900-1100 JP. weekends are 800-1000 NA, 1200-1500 JP.
 Sylph.Talon
By Sylph.Talon 2015-02-19 03:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the updates folks. Banhammer on!
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-02-19 07:56:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoshiku said: »

that's because i wasnt playing !
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Serveur: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-19 08:09:32
Link | Citer | R

wait so whats the point of asking about population? if you're looking for a server to transfer to, please refer to the two drama threads started about it... at least they are a good read with some hot chocolate.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-02-19 08:15:50
Link | Citer | R

The two drama threads does not contain info about server population.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-02-19 11:07:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ajirha said: »
Asura.Hoshiku said: »

that's because i wasnt playing !

Come back frenchman! My life is meaningless without you!
By Pantafernando 2015-02-22 08:22:21
Link | Citer | R

My usual alex dealer hadnt any alex today. In BG guys are saying salvage was finally fixed, you cant redo floor.

So, seems like finally this came to an end.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-23 06:15:50
Link | Citer | R

Interesting, from BG:

Quote:
just had my main account banned

never botted on it, not once, ever. i used ashita and legal plugins. no email yet so no idea if it's perma'd or not.

AFK'd in party with bots but no capacity point party, was on a totally different IP than the bots.

no idea what SE is doing but i am starting to agree with everyone in this thread. it's not really safe to play FFXI at all right now
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-23 06:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
AFK'd in party with bots
Looool, I once had a 'friend' that offered to get me some CP and it turned out he was super obviously botting and I disbanded. How can anyone think you'd get away with mooching off the gains of being partied with a botter.....

Don't party up with people that bot.
'I was just afk' is not a defense, you're getting cp/jp/merits/accolades and by extension gil from being a party to it.
I got better things to do than care about botters, but jfc people how can people not expect the worst possible outcome partying with a BOT.
If SE didn't punish the people partied with bots, people would use throwaway chars to bot and have up to 5 untouchable leech slots to sell/benefit per party.

Ever since abyssea and cruor leech alliances for the express purpose of blinkering it to gil were a thing, SE have banned by association.
They take the hard line and assume bot+leeches and everyone involved is an RMT operation. If you don't wanna get banned, don't leech with a BOT
By palladin9479 2015-02-23 07:34:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
'I was just afk' is not a defense, you're getting cp/jp/merits/accolades and by extension gil from being a party to it.

That's a very slippery slope because it could be argued that many people "benefit" from that stuff. I've been around way to long to pretend any of us can sit on any high horses dispensing righteous judgement. Anyone who does so is rightly a hypocrite and the worst kind too.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-23 07:44:17
Link | Citer | R

palladin9479 said: »
Quote:

That's a very slippery slope because it could be argued that many people "benefit" from that stuff. I've been around way to long to pretend any of us can sit on any high horses dispensing righteous judgement. Anyone who does so is rightly a hypocrite and the worst kind too.
The only one dispensing righteous judgement here is the STF.
I think you misunderstand the point of my post, its at most a warning for people to think twice about afking with botters because STF isn't going to think too long and hard if you are part of an RMT op or just a broken bot if they see you partied with a bot.

STF at this point is used to banning 600 accounts a month, again with a smaller server pop there is less people for them to go around an investigate. Its almost like cops that have a quota to file a certain number of parking tickets.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-23 07:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Interesting, from BG:

Quote:
just had my main account banned

never botted on it, not once, ever. i used ashita and legal plugins. no email yet so no idea if it's perma'd or not.

AFK'd in party with bots but no capacity point party, was on a totally different IP than the bots.

no idea what SE is doing but i am starting to agree with everyone in this thread. it's not really safe to play FFXI at all right now

Yah but that guy also said in that same thread he has gotten numerous suspensions on his many accounts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-23 08:05:57
Link | Citer | R

But never main, so, that's the only interesting point.

The good news is since the game is so unworthwhile to play legit, everyone botting will get poppped, and then square can do server merges with the whole 3 people that play on xbox.

Still makes one wonder what *** method they're using. Guilt by association is pushing it...

Been plenty of times a player would turn on a bot in an abyssea party, to just assist someone or heal anyone within range that lost 1 hp, and while suspicious, no one could kick them out because they would have to break the alliance.

Would be pretty unfair to go back and ban the 17 other people for one guy heal botting. But that sounds like it's ok to do. Since those other 17 people were guilty by association. How about banning entire linkshells because the leader bots his merits? Other members couldn't participate and obtain gear from high-tier fights if the leader wasn't botting his merits, so should they all be banned too, guilty by association.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-23 08:28:39
Link | Citer | R

Guilty by association has been used for years, it was used in Nyzul and the original salvage bans. One of the GMs that joined with me had actually been banned in the first wave and he was 100% legit, not even Windower. His only mistake was to have been part of a Nyzul run where people cheated. He didn't get any item and had gotten no punishment before, he straight got banned. This is a rare exception that comes with rare events such as this huge exploit. He wasn't happy, not to say disgusted, but that's how it is, the ToS say so.

The guilty by association is situational, it's not a 100% rule. I already gave an example and it's perfectly obvious that it is so anyway. The amount of people who exploited like mad and didn't even get a warning is larger than the people banned wrongfully.

People need to stop trying to apply exceptions/minorities to every situations. Even more so when the US have HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE policies/ways of applying them.

As a general rule, be very careful of what you do. This is what Salvage ban taught people who have half a brain. For anyone that got banned with this wave, you deserved it in a way or another, it's very hard to argue against it seeing the people who got banned. And the very few that really didn't deserve it, who cares.
By palladin9479 2015-02-23 09:03:58
Link | Citer | R

They aren't banning randomly, people are putting in STF notices on others and the STF is then doing a profile against that account. Enough hits come up positive then BAM gone. The reason that guy on BG got nukes is he posted earlier about it, someone read it and was on the same server so they reported him. Yes there are people who like to do that, it gives them a sense of power in their otherwise dull and unfulfilled lives. So Vali be careful there are people right now watching everything you do hoping to get you nuked.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-23 09:15:33
Link | Citer | R

Don't stop cheating or the terrorists win!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-23 17:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Its very hard to get alex right now. Not just the supply reduced a lot, add this to some players are devastating all bazaar with alex to grab the all the cheaps till playerbase decides to make them expensive, and that most people are farming skirmishes now.

Need some serious increase of price in those alex, its sucking too much having so little alex available and im still 20k shy of my carn.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 16 17 18