Dancing Salvage Bans.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Dancing Salvage Bans.
Dancing Salvage Bans.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 18:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Now in odin there is a rmt selling a stack of 100 byne bills and lungo jadeshells (he sold earlier a stack of montiont).

Bought stuff for 500m (!) and still healthy.

Today i had the bad news of seeing the same rmt i reported kicking and selling stuffs. As well his party of dynamis runners.

banning, my ***.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-28 19:08:18
Link | Citer | R

Someone simply bought/saved up a ***load of cucu, and server jumped.

They did the same thing on quetz, random guy showed up, with 300monts 300jades 300bynes.

Couldn't care less how he got it, but he sold that ***nice and cheap, one less relic to build.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 19:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Someone simply bought/saved up a ***load of cucu, and server jumped.

They did the same thing on quetz, random guy showed up, with 300monts 300jades 300bynes.

Couldn't care less how he got it, but he sold that ***nice and cheap, one less relic to build.

Gotta love the very common theory.

Sure, i will wait to gather 30000 coins bfore selling for a price below market, but when i do sell them, i will have an uncontrollable urge to buy a wax sword for 511,200,000 from my old buddy, the Ghgjm. Fine dude.

Normal.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-28 19:29:21
Link | Citer | R

I'm certain the buying the random item for 500m is RMT, but can't prove how the coins were obtained. That's all.

Just cause a guy has a shitload of coins to blow-out you can't just scream RMT!
By Pantafernando 2015-03-01 03:10:13
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
On Bahamut there's been a guy shouting all day for selling 99x100 byne bills for 400k, 99 L. Jades for 400k and 99 M.Silverpieces for 600k.

Market price just keeps goin down on currency.

What? Is there one of those in every server?

Did the end of february magically forced everyone to sell stacks of 100 currencies?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-03-03 23:33:07
Link | Citer | R

A'ight, so, interesting news.

Square banned my mule, perma this time, for RMT... however. after going through the process, they admitted they *** up.

The ban is still perma, but they admitted it was not for the reason given. So basically, they're handing out bans at random, giving whatever reason they feel like.

Obviously was botting, and exploiting salvage and basically everything you could possibly do to break the ToS EXCEPT RMTing.
By Davorin 2015-03-04 01:10:44
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't look like bans are being handed out at random, like you claim. Looks like you got busted for botting or whatever but SE got the article mixed up or sent the wrong email. In the end SE busted your mule and got it right.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-03-04 01:38:04
Link | Citer | R

He's still butthurt lol

This aint the court of law, they arent going to go "oops mistrial, okay your account is reinstated"
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-03-04 12:15:58
Link | Citer | R

Why would I be even a little "butthurt" about a mule?

Only posted it to show that they're full of ***when they're banning people.

If I were so inclined, I could remake that same account, obtain 99, bot for a week, RMT the gil and get a new account for free. You guys really over-react.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-04 12:17:51
Link | Citer | R

My alt Buckfutter lasted a day and a half they flat out smacked em with a ban mallet not even an option of changing name lol
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-04 12:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
My alt Buckfutter lasted a day and a half they flat out smacked em with a ban mallet not even an option of changing name lol

The rmts i reported, even to stf, are still alive, kicking.

I was even naive as i thought they were banned because they disapeared for a month, but last week they came back, and already rmting more 100m just selling stuffs.

To be completely fair, i wish i had your luck, or i had call the same gm you called, because most gm i report someone actually guilty or real rmt, i just get shitchat and maybe, just maybe, ban after more than a month, if any.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-04 12:34:49
Link | Citer | R

I didn't gm my alt lol I just watched celebrity jeopardy skit and had to name an alt that because I was damn near in tears laughing
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-04 12:43:29
Link | Citer | R

I don't see anything "full of ***." Your only gripe is that the email cited an incorrect reason.

Then, presumably, you tried to get the "disposable account" back and they clarified.

The only question you haven't answered, up until this point, is this:

Quote:
If it doesn't bother you to have mules banned because they're "disposable" why do you feel the need to further your forum crusade about bans?

You can't really be arguing semantics about punishment meted out over cheating in a game right?
[+]
 Sylph.Talon
Serveur: Sylph
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2015-03-04 12:47:54
Link | Citer | R

Why would I be even a little "butthurt" about a mule?

If I were so inclined, I could remake that same account, obtain 99, bot for a week, RMT the gil and get a new account for free. You guys really over-react.

Valli,

What exactly did you do with your mule between February 22nd to March 1 to cause the perma?

They admit that they incorrectly labeled the reasoning.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-03-04 12:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Lye said: »
You can't really be arguing semantics about punishment meted out over cheating in a game right?
Of course I can.
Sylph.Talon said: »
What exactly did you do with your mule between February 22nd to March 1 to cause the perma?
Botting, obviously lol, I wouldn't actually "play" this *** game lol. (not since SoA came out and iLevel).

I still felt obligated to get merits, and jp as i was still part of a linkshell, there was zero chance I was going to actually go out and grind them manually.

Honestly, I assume they double-dipped though. I don't know if officially it was for botting, or cheating, or exploiting. They do not tell you how or what you ACTUALLY did to get banned. They just use a blanket statement. That mule exploited salvage for MONTHS. But not since '14 so, when they "accused" not "caught in the act" of botting on the 13th, they looked at the logs, waited for me to pay them one more time, then banned based on the logs.

But anyway, PSA, they won't even attempt to catch you in the act anymore, they will just call you guilty. So, ether quit (cheating) now, or get got.
By Wordspoken 2015-03-04 13:05:40
Link | Citer | R

But anyway, PSA, they won't even attempt to catch you in the act anymore, they will just call you guilty. So, ether quit now, or get got.
Or, I don't know, do not cheat at all?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-03-04 13:06:03
Link | Citer | R

That's what I meant, quit (cheating). Edited... cause people never understand what I meant without being EXPLICIT in what I say...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-03-04 13:16:11
Link | Citer | R

"I was cheating, but SE banned me for RMT, I didnt deserve to be banned!"

Whats funner is that we knew this heat started at the start of Feb, but they caught you doing something that violates the TOS at the end of Feb, so you still did some afk botting knowing full well that SE is going open season on botters.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-04 14:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, I assume they double-dipped though. I don't know if officially it was for botting, or cheating, or exploiting. They do not tell you how or what you ACTUALLY did to get banned.

I love how "they double-dipped!" You're a riot. What else are you going to claim in order to put off accepting you cheated and you got banned? (or your mule or w/e)

They don't tell you what you did for a very specific reason. Think about it for a bit and you'll probably figure it out. (Hint: It's not because they mistakenly banned you!)
 Quetzalcoatl.Farkle
user: Aasa
By Quetzalcoatl.Farkle 2015-03-05 10:02:49
Link | Citer | R

I think I gained about 15lbs eating all this popcorn...but please.. continue..
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-03-05 11:00:48
Link | Citer | R

You see, this is why you shouldn't go stealing apples from your neighbor. Sure you got away with it the first time, he was probably too lazy to go after you, it's not like he didn't notice. You knew it was wrong and kept doing it. Then one day said neighbor gets fed up, catches you, gives you a round of wallops, scolds you and takes you to your parents who scold you as well. And you thought you could get away with it by "but you didn't catch me the first day!".

Don't steal apples, kids.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-05 11:08:31
Link | Citer | R

Wordspoken said: »
You see, this is why you shouldn't go stealing apples from your neighbor. Sure you got away with it the first time, he was probably too lazy to go after you, it's not like he didn't notice. You knew it was wrong and kept doing it. Then one day said neighbor gets fed up, catches you, gives you a round of wallops, scolds you and takes you to your parents who scold you as well. And you thought you could get away with it by "but you didn't catch me the first day!".

Don't steal apples, kids.

Unless they're digital apples.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-03-05 11:17:41
Link | Citer | R

You guys crack me up.

This game isn't worth actually playing (for me) anymore. Of COURSE I'm going to bot it. I mean come on, I've only been saying that for a year now...

Anyway, even if the mule was only temp banned again, I'd be botting immediately again.

If you enjoy the JRPG style, and the ilvl and statvomit and the grindygrind still, hey more power to you. Do what makes you happy.

Just be aware, that a good amount of people bot, and if those people all get banned... well, I won't even bother explaining it, you aren't smart enough to comprehend.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-03-05 12:13:01
Link | Citer | R

This game isn't worth actually playing (for me) anymore.
But it was worth you emailing SE crying about why you were banned, right?

"This game is so shitty, the JRPG model is so dumb, you're a bunch of basement dwelling retards for playing this shitty game"
Then why are you STILL bitching and moaning about getting rightfully banned?!?
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-03-05 13:45:29
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Its very hard to get alex right now. Not just the supply reduced a lot, add this to some players are devastating all bazaar with alex to grab the all the cheaps till playerbase decides to make them expensive, and that most people are farming skirmishes now.

Need some serious increase of price in those alex, its sucking too much having so little alex available and im still 20k shy of my carn.

Sadly that's the give and take of it all. Botting is bad but botting made allot of the mythic/Relic weilders lives eaiser to a degree. 6k Alex will now shoot back up to 10-15k.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-05 14:11:01
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Its very hard to get alex right now. Not just the supply reduced a lot, add this to some players are devastating all bazaar with alex to grab the all the cheaps till playerbase decides to make them expensive, and that most people are farming skirmishes now.

Need some serious increase of price in those alex, its sucking too much having so little alex available and im still 20k shy of my carn.

Sadly that's the give and take of it all. Botting is bad but botting made allot of the mythic/Relic weilders lives eaiser to a degree. 6k Alex will now shoot back up to 10-15k.

In theory, yes, but in practice not even close.

Since the salvage exploit was (suposelly) fixed, the alex price didnt move, up or down.

If anything, it just made more work to check bazaar in bazaar to buy the alex you could buy from a single char. That shows it wasnt the majority who exploit, but few people. Even with salvage working, hardly we could see more than 3 char with alxe 1k+.

If i could think why the price didnt rise, the reasons would be probably that, even with lower offer, it isnt low enough so you could sell it with +10% over the average price. Given how long it takes to build a mythic, people can simply wait till the alex gather to drop its price. Its not like there will be multiple people with all requirements but alex to build mythics, so that they would buy alex at any cost.

Aside that, from experience, in ffxi its easier to drop prices than to increase. Its not like alex or dynamis have actual costs (like skirmish parts) and the actual cost (time expended/opoprtunity given up) isnt easily seen by majority of players, so for majority, dropping price isnt a real problem, as the cost is the investment costs is aparently free.

Finally, not everyone can or want to afk in bazaar 24h/7d, so for those, undercutting hoping for fast sell is their method, so there will always be alex at current price.

TL;DR: Hardly the price will increase, and if will, it will take a awnfully lot of time. People exploiting alex was lesser than majority could think, and even at 7k/piece, alex is still a profitable activity for solos.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-05 16:31:27
Link | Citer | R

Do any of the following statements actually make you feel better:

1) SE is a horrible company that is banning people without any proof that they've broken the terms of service
2) the game isn't worth playing
3) if folks botting are banned it will result in a less enjoyable experience for those who still play

It is convenient that all of these things have something in common; they are rationalizations to protect your ego.

You're still on step 3.
I look forward to seeing your progress toward recovery!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-05 17:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Supply of Alexandrite on Lakshmi has dried up quite a bit in the last few weeks, but I think a large number if the exploiters were doing it to make mythics as opposed to Gil. Most relics suck and only two jobs can use ergons, so what else would you use tons of Gil for?

I am (fortunately) done making shiny weapons. Actually, I am essentially done playing at the moment. Just doingbskirmish sometimes and hoping my account lasts long enough for my DNC to wear reforged empyrean armor.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18