On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 95 96 97
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2014-12-11 14:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Hey, I play on Xbox. Can't get precast/midcast to work very well with /equipset. My macro syntax looks like yours:

/equipset 1
/ma "Cure" <stpc>
/equipset 2

I get this error if I choose my target too quickly,

">> /equipset 2
...A command error occured."

Unless I'm doing something wrong, cure precast on Xbox doesn't seem viable to me.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Serveur: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-11 14:27:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Hey, I play on Xbox. Can't get precast/midcast to work very well with /equipset. My macro syntax looks like yours:

/equipset 1
/ma "Cure" <stpc>
/equipset 2

I get this error if I choose my target too quickly.

">> /equipset 2

Unless I'm doing something wrong, cure precast on Xbox doesn't seem viable to me.

You can use the /equipset macro feature that SE implemented into the game semi-recently. While not an equal comparison to Gearswap, Spellcast and the like, it's MORE than sufficient to swap all your builds around much more efficiently than just using the vanilla macros.

Just my 2-gils worth.

EDIT: I reread your post and realized you are in fact using the /equipset feature (I think?).

I would put a /wait 1 after your /ma "Cure" <stal> or <stpc> before /equipset 2. That should give you that time needed to activate the 2nd set.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2014-12-11 14:39:09
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Avalon said:
EDIT: I reread your post and realized you are in fact using the /equipset feature (I think?).

I am.

Cerberus.Avalon said:
I would put a /wait 1 after your /ma "Cure" <stal> or <stpc> before /equipset 2. That should give you that time needed to activate the 2nd set.

I tried, but I end up casting my Cure III's in the precast set. Thinking I may have to stick to a hybrid for now... Which stinks cause I just bought a bunch of gear and reforged to optimize my sets. But at least I'll have it ready for when I get a pc!
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-11 14:41:25
Link | Citer | R

/equipset 1
/ma "Cure" <stpc>
/equipset 2

I get this error if I choose my target too quickly.

">> /equipset 2

Normally the issue is about connection speed, if you nave any amount of lag, equipsets do suck inheintly bad.

Personally for cure precast you might be better of doing indiviulaised gear pieces for precast ie~
Code
ctrl1 (line 1)
/equip head "name"
/equip body "name"
/equip legs "name"
/equip feet "name"
/equip head "name"
/macro set 2

Ctrl1 (line 2)
/ma "Cure" <stal>
/equipset 1
/macro set 1

Thhis would require you do say double tap the macro (Left Rigger and A button which is easy on XBOX) and then select a target.

Although not as seemless because SE has allowed there to be so much lag in equipsets it will never be on par wit gearswap (as gearswap cancels 1~2 processes in how the game equips stuff and checks etc which shaves off a huge amount of time)

So assume you use Genbu idle with Augment (-7) which you don't need to macro in ~

Macro contains...
Heka Body -15%
Cure Clogs -20%
Orison Pantaloons +2 -12%
Aceso's Choker +1 -13%
Piety Cap +1 -13%

These 5 gears give you 73%, Genbu has 7% which caps you assuming you get a Good Augment, you wont be able to incorporate any instant cast into your sets but its is possible to cap cast time - this was and make Equip set work with far less lag and should give you better return~

I know some of the above gear isn't easy to get (and ofc Ligh arts if you /sch for the 2~3% less FC requirement creates some easement)

You could also keep the odd FC piece in your idle set ie ~ Ammo and Earring slots to add some more areas for easement.

PST!

<stal> selects form your list in party menu so if they gearswap "blink" you are not targetting their character physcially, you are targetting the HP bar in your Party lines that shows you your MP HP TP etc
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2014-12-11 14:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the quick response, Conagh. I'll try that out.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-11 14:49:44
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the quick response, Conagh. I'll try that out.

Its fine, I used to play BLU on XBOX with 10 macro lines (50 gear swaps) for JA > WS > precast spell > Midcast spells > Idle > back to top.

I learnt a bunch of tricks to make it easier and this still works, equip set is just nice for Midcast sets where possible.

Double tapping on XBOX is the Fastest Current method for Precast swaps not using equipset.
 Asura.Pergatory
Serveur: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-12-11 16:57:48
Link | Citer | R

I tried, but I end up casting my Cure III's in the precast set. Thinking I may have to stick to a hybrid for now... Which stinks cause I just bought a bunch of gear and reforged to optimize my sets. But at least I'll have it ready for when I get a pc!
<wait 1> is too long. With a good cure cast set, cures cast in 0.5 seconds. Try <wait 0.3> it works well for me.

/equipset 1
/ma "Cure III" <stpc> <wait 0.3>
/equipset 2

Also, I've never had any trouble with equipsets not swapping fast enough. I can swap a full BP timer set on SMN, and use the BP on the next line with no wait, and the BP timer gear is all counted.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-11 16:58:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
<wait 1> is too long. With a good cure cast set, cures cast in 0.5 seconds. Try <wait 0.3> it works well for me.

/equipset 1
/ma "Cure III" <stpc> <wait 0.3>
/equipset 2

wait 0.3 doesn't work on Vanilla pol.
 Asura.Pergatory
Serveur: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-12-11 16:59:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Oh wow, seriously? I had no idea that was a Windower thing. That's kind of silly. My bad.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-11 17:28:07
Link | Citer | R

Oh wow, seriously? I had no idea that was a Windower thing. That's kind of silly. My bad.

Windower also ignores some of the client side equip checks I believe now thanks to Lua so equipsets work better for PC too (again though not much better)
By camaroz 2014-12-13 15:17:10
Link | Citer | R

If you are a melee whm this update was for you. Realm, hexa and yes even Randgridth is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE atm. If you have not tried the club ws since the update I implore you to do so.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 15:47:47
Link | Citer | R

camaroz said: »
If you are a melee whm this update was for you. Realm, hexa and yes even Randgridth is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE atm. If you have not tried the club ws since the update I implore you to do so.

Realm 17309 on Tojil but hey! :3

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By mortontony1 2014-12-13 16:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Josiahfk said: »
Can warrior do realmrazer? I wonder how mighty strikes one does with pro crit dmg gear now lol

http://bit.ly/1vMz96B
By camaroz 2014-12-13 16:48:00
Link | Citer | R

Can warrior do realmrazer? I wonder how mighty strikes one does with pro crit dmg gear now lol

Well to bad wars cant do hexa and mighty strike but ya wars can do realmrazer.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-12-13 17:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Could use <wait> for a wait 0.
Should get you the appropriate precast results if not using windower.
Iirc, any decimal is pushed down to the integer. (Eg: 0.7 becomes 0, 0.2 becomes 0, and 1.5 becomes 1, etc)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 17:57:09
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Could use <wait> for a wait 0.
Should get you the appropriate precast results if not using windower.
Iirc, any decimal is pushed down to the integer. (Eg: 0.7 becomes 0, 0.2 becomes 0, and 1.5 becomes 1, etc)

No, Vanilla POL has a gear check issue where it takesx time to check items and such before you can switch certain pieces back in, Equipsets is especially laggy as SE simply uses the same system for an even poorer result.

I have tested this and it doesn't work properly even with 1 second wait.

<stal> causes the required delay between equipset1 and equipset2 so using a wait is a pointless endevour that won't trigger anything.= not already being done by the macro...

It's a nice try but this has been an issue for years and SE won't ever fix it, it's simply more noticeable with set commands
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 17:58:10
Link | Citer | R

It's on the Warrior Forums already ~ go have a look :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By mortontony1 2014-12-13 18:49:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Josiahfk said: »
mortontony1 said: »

http://bit.ly/1vMz96B
Thank you; I'm sorry to waste your time.

Just sayin' super easy to find out. Not trying to be a *** about it ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-12-16 00:03:39
Link | Citer | R

Trying to figure out a new all inclusive set for whm (more mnd/healing) that uses either/and/or:
Ababinili +1, Nourishing Earring, Nourishing Earring +1, Regal Pumps +1 and then possibly Marduk Shalwar +1 or Nabu's Shalwar.

it's almost midnight and I'm tired. suggestions/opinions encouraged. i was curious if anyone already had a set in mind they were trying to make or build (or just already using).

atm im leaning towards vadose rod + two new earrings and bishops sash, all my other gear would stay the same and it gives me about a 20mnd boost.

This is my current, all inclusive, cure set for /sch.
ItemSet 325819

edit: i need to new set to keep the dumb *** valli alive. since he doesn't have a sandung.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-16 01:28:14
Link | Citer | R

perryk said: »
The CMP does add up if you're in any kind of event where MP actually matters (which, albeit, is rare these days). I personally use a hybrid enmity/CMP set. This set gives +50% potency (with at least 5% augment between cap & cape), -46 enmity (-10 augment on club), and +18 Conserve MP, as well as +71 healing magic skill, +94 MND, and +55 VIT:

ItemSet 244283

On Hume (base: 440 HMS, 107 MND, 78 VIT), from this I get:

Cure 3: 492
Cure 4: 925
Cure 5: 1144

Now consider that, on average, the +43 CMP (additional +25 from /SCH) will reduce the MP cost by (0.43)(0.28125) = 12.1%. So after Light Arts, CMP, and 5% return from Orison pants, the average cost of cures will be:

Cure 3: 11.79 MP
Cure 4: 23.37 MP
Cure 5: 49.61 MP

On the other hand, using the max potency set (+108 HMS, +105 MND, +55 VIT, +0 CMP, -19 enmity), after the +25 CMP ((.25)(0.28125) = 7.0% average reduced cost), Light Arts, and Orison pants, I get:

Cure 3: 505 HP, 13.24 MP
Cure 4: 951 HP, 26.08 MP
Cure 5: 1164 HP, 54.76 MP

This means on average, the max potency set gives:

Cure 3: +2.6% more HP, at a cost of +12.3% more MP
Cure 4: +2.8% more HP, at a cost of +11.6% more MP
Cure 5: +1.7% more HP, at a cost of +10.4% more MP

With the amount of overcuring I tend to do, I'll take the -enmity, and increased MP efficiency over the slight HP returns.

I never said Conserve MP in a set wasn't useful (you'll notice I said the opposite) merely that you only need to swap 2~3 pieces to get a decent amount ~ its all there for you and your set seems rather optimal gearing wise anyways so the loss of say a couple HP won't confound you at all.

Personally I prefer using Tamaxchi over the new Cure staff because of the emnity and then I use a Conserve MP ammo nly (due to my play style on always having a BRD with me it's not something super useful for me personally).

The guide is a Guide, not here is every little thing you could ever imagine, the sets are there, and the choices for conserve MP are also, it's entirely up to the player to decide which piece they want.

I'll agree though your set is Solid.

I'm holding updates on sets however as SE just announced Alluvian Skirmish Armors soon, so this may/maynot have an impact on EMnity and Skill builds.

guess we shall see.

Just to add onto that set, since it's extremely similar to mine, this is currently mine as of the last update:

ItemSet 331658

End cure, with 52% Cure potency, 501 healing magic (augmented cape with 9 healing, 7 enhancing and Job Point Gifts+5), -52 enmity and +16 conserve mp.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-16 01:55:13
Link | Citer | R

SE needs to adjust Aurorastorm to be usable as /sch. Bring back the Chatoyant Staff.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-16 03:10:21
Link | Citer | R

I think +50 healing magic skill is redundant. I did the math on Cure VI with Identical VIT and MND (250ea) for healing magic @ 456 and @ 501. In the end the difference was 41 HP. I might of done it wrong but go ahead and do it for yourself.
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Cure_Formula

Don't forget this about Conserve MP
Quote:
Equipment that gives "Conserve MP+N" actually gives +N% Conserve MP proc rate.
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Conserve_MP

I divide Cure casting and Cure Potency gear into precast and midcast. Why? I'm pretty sure "Cure" spellcasting time -% does not contribute to recast reduction like Fast Cast does. If I am wrong correct me.

Precast is easy and can be done a million ways. However if you use gearswap then include Quick Magic because gearswap DOES swap Midcast even on a Quick Magic proc.

Here is my Midcast set which caps Cure Potency, gives +27% FC, +20% Haste, and -37 enmity (tax -enmity aug)

Missing ear = Nourishing Earring NQ/+1

If you have a Genbu with +5 cure pot, or cure pot +2 aug on gende hands then swap out new ear for loq ear.

ItemSet 331243

Edit:

or

ItemSet 331661
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-16 07:37:11
Link | Citer | R

Cues cast time is considered fast cast, only say affinity cast time is multiplicative after.

Well documented in 2008 when the staffs came out.
your set is a pure recast set but I'm failing to see when ou would ever need to shave a half second of your recast for such a drastic drop in potency and mp return
if you argue BALLADS I will *** slap you, march and haste cap magic haste so you would be near capped anyways totally making a recast et redundant while adfong better prices for co serve mo, emnity and mnd/skill

You seem to have instant cadt gear in your midcast, you know instant cast is only ever calculated in precast? Meaning if it procs ts effects are only seen in precast, having it in midcast is useless
i stant cadt out of midcast and use some usefull pieces.

Cure cast time affects what it says, casting not recast.
really sets don't mean much its the player that makes the job, gear is dependant upon event type.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-16 11:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Your first set:925 HP vs 952HP

You're only looking at one aspect HP cured........ WHM and cures is more than that.

Higher Strength CUres means a Slightly better Cureskin effect which by itself is not the holy grail, but it's about everything you do as a result. Now your set is fine for Curaga 3 (Mainly because on Curaga you would normally want a certain amount of recast however fastcast is halfed on recast)

Lets use Cure 4 as the test, because no one uses Cure 6 alot to really care.

Cure 4 is 88 mp - 10% from LA ~ 80
Using Orison Pants 5% is 47.6 MP return leaving 33 mp cost spell baring any refresh that may be in your cure set (potentially 2 tic) so 31 ~

It is very hard to run out of mp using Cure (unlike lolcure 6). I then have to decide if on my cure 4 spell which has naturally high hate compared to others (PLD emnity etc) if I want to spam one cure spell, which is inefficient or cycle between 3 and 4 (which is plenty if you are pro active, there is no content in game that I can't do this one). As a result I could care less about recast on a single target cure, now if I was say using Curaga 3, the MP disparity between 3 and 4 is huge as is the HP recovery and it has no Cureskin (Until SE breaks it again !!!!), so for Curaga I see the value in your set, for everything else... seems like you are pointlessly gimping your potential for a perceived but not an actual bonus.

EDIT: I want to make it clear that you set isn't bad, I just don't agree with it ever being a Great Single Cure Set, that and I dislike those pants.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 03:38:25
Link | Citer | R

blah blah I'm the authority on WHM

First, lolCure VI was used as an extreme example in YOUR favor...

Cure casting time is not fast cast. It is exactly what it states cure CASTING reduction. Go next to the MH stand there with light arts off and cast Curaga V with no gear on. Then cast it with as much -cure casting time as your heart desires(make sure there's no haste on the gear.) Both 10 sec recast for me. Light Arts DOES effect recast but -casting time gear does not.

An instant cast ring that has 5% FASTCAST on it(its in there for the FC durp, but your just looking for reasons and its obvious.) I have a separate set for precast btw...

Focusing on getting 40 extra healing magic is a joke. Stop doing your so called math and field test. Its very obvious your a spreadsheet idiot, and not an actually get the *** up and test it type. Its because of people like you that there is so much false belief in game mechanics.

With a difference of 160 healing skill I got +96hp difference on a cure iv(Your set has a 40 healing magic difference fyi.) I compared my main to one of my mules who isn't capped and there was only 5 more MND on my main(in favor of the higher skill caster) and same VIT. Now compare that to your statement on cureskin when that total is going to be further fractioned and a even smaller of a difference... But hell this is the game were people pay 40m for +1 dbl atk..

Forget healing magic skill unless its an added bonus(ie. AF3 body) or SE releases some peice with like +100 on it.. Don't focus on MND too much because point for point its half the value of Healing Magic and there is plenty of stat vomit on WHM gear anyways. Don't disregard MND just don't make an effort for +10 MND, and Don't stack lol40 healing skill in replacement of ***that's relevant.

-Enmity and conserve MP are relevant.

Statistically 25% vs 34% conserve MP means in 12 casts you will proc conserve MP 4 times were I will proc 3 times. That isn't bad and I should consider Conserve MP more. Other than that -enmity, is nice but I only ever see WHM having hate issues when they need to cast a lot of curagas. So a set focused on -enmity for curaga is definitely a +

As for the pants the difference in MP compared to AF3 on a Cure VI is 16 mp lol. Cure VI example because of cost, however it makes a of a difference on Curaga which should have separate sets anyways. Also again, that's probably where you should focus more on -enmity(not that it should be disregarded in a regular cure set.)

The difference between 20 haste and 44 FC in my set compared to your 8 haste and 7 FC is definitely going to be noticeable. Go test it. I would rather focus on gearing for the chance of not having marches because in reality things arnt always optimal and its better than focusing on underwhelmingly low differences in cure total.

Also as for you not liking my one cure set. This is a midcast set and to hell if I would ever go for -inventory for a job like WHM. For curing specifically I would do Cure set, Curaga set, precast for both. My WHM is retired, I played it enough.

Moral of the story, MP management is almost always easy on WHM. Getting a minimal bonus to total cure strength is redundant because anytime there is an actual problem involving curing for just about every WHM I see it is a matter of speed and availability of the spells in a spike AoE damage situation. Go test what you preach because you obviously are not using field test numbers. You would have to be crazy to have countless amount of gear for a more than relevant amount of sets for lolWHM. Jezz who commented above uses a 1 hybrid cure casting/potency set for cures, no GS and is an excellent whm. In fact her only draw back ever seems to be cure timing. Maybe someone who rely on GS, spreadsheets, and 10,000 niche sets shouldn't be making a guide for the community.

Btw, on your "Preferred Set" you are 5% under cap on cure pot. If you replace the back with tempered cape +1 to cap it you would benefit from a higher cure total than the combined difference of redundant healing skill in your set which you could replace with more relevant gear.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-12-17 05:48:30
Link | Citer | R

Pretty terrible when someone gets their hands on one of those nifty spreadsheets and suddenly think they're the greatest thing to happen to that job ever, isn't it.
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 06:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Indeed. Also treating WHM like calculus is just hilarious. But who knows maybe hes the one laughing... Are you Seha Conagh!?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-17 06:05:35
Link | Citer | R

The hell you want with me now?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 95 96 97