Obamas War Without Congress Approval

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obamas war without congress approval
Obamas war without congress approval
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-16 10:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Figures that's Obama's solution to finding a cure for a virus is to kill people....

(incoming "but that's not what he is doing, he is waging war on the virus, not the people who carry it..." argument)
Where in any of that did it say they were going to kill anyone?
Think.

Why are you sending troops to fight a virus?

If they were all medical personnel, then why not send, oh I don't know, medical personnel?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 10:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Mmkay, so now we have a few people who think the biblical flood is total nonsense but who think the Gilgamesh flood could be based on a real event, even though they have nothing saying that the biblical flood occurred in a different place. Does anyone here actually research this stuff, or is it just a kneejerk reaction to agree with anything that hurts the credibility of a religion they dislike? I'm not even trying to prove anything at this point, I just think it's laughable how people often don't second-guess anything that supports their own opinions.
There are people who research this stuff.This poorly formatted article actually provides quite a few links.

I was referring to people in this thread, but thanks for the link. From what I've read so far, it seems like a scientific and unbiased article.
Honestly I haven't read into the Epic of Gilgamesh, so I can't nor will I not form an opinion on it, however it is fact that there's no evidence of a worldwide flood, not to mention the sheer ludicrous nature of the story of Noah's Ark in general, and quite frankly I'm too absorbed in my life to do research into other fables at the moment, but if I do find the time/motivation I will definitely look into it, as it sounds most intriguing.

Between my work, school, looking for full time employment and my XI addiction and kid, I don't have time for much else.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 10:51:05
Link | Citer | R

Figures that's Obama's solution to finding a cure for a virus is to kill people....

(incoming "but that's not what he is doing, he is waging war on the virus, not the people who carry it..." argument)
Think.

If they were all medical personnel, then why not send, oh I don't know, medical personnel?
The same reason we would send the national guard if we had an outbreak of something like that locally, you know our domestic troops.

But you know, go ahead and go on with your fake outrage, it's expected and hilarious.
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-09-16 10:54:13
Link | Citer | R

You can't kill a virus.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-16 10:55:25
Link | Citer | R

Think.

statements like this tend to make me think that there's no way you're that dumb, & instead, the world's greatest subtle troll.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 10:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Xsoahc said: »
You can't kill a virus.

Tell that to Hexadecimal.

[+]
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-09-16 10:59:12
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Vudoku 2014-09-16 11:14:19
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Think.

statements like this tend to make me think that there's no way you're that dumb, & instead, the world's greatest subtle troll.
Well said, well said.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-16 11:25:58
Link | Citer | R

He's not sending them to kill people, silly. The plan is to load the troops up in battleships and shrink them down to sub-microscopic sizes where they can enter the human body and fight the virus FROM THE INSIDE
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-16 11:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Think.

Because the WHO asked for some?

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/news-stories/press-release/global-bio-disaster-response-urgently-needed-ebola-fight

They are asking for military or civilian biological weapons experts, since it uses similiar protocols, as far as I understand.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-16 11:27:21
Link | Citer | R

You can't kill a virus.

Sorry I didn't get the reference. Never saw that.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-16 11:28:54
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

He's not sending them to kill people, silly. The plan is to load them all up in battleships and shrink them down to sub-microscopic sizes where they can enter the human body and fight the virus FROM THE INSIDE

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-16 11:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Think.

Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 11:29:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

He's not sending them to kill people, silly. The plan is to load the troops up in battleships and shrink them down to sub-microscopic sizes where they can enter the human body and fight the virus FROM THE INSIDE

By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 11:30:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
You can't kill a virus.

Sorry I didn't get the reference. Never saw that.
aww, it's full of pop culture references from the 90's, give it a go, I have it ripped if you would prefer but I think you can catch it on youtube.

(That reminds me; I need to rerip it, as it was my first time ripping episodes off dvd and well it wasn't exactly clean with the title #'s).
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-09-16 11:31:41
Link | Citer | R

3,000 troops and $500 million dollars to help with (not fight) Ebola.

1,600 troops and $500 million dollars to aid (not fight) rebels against IS/ISIS/ISIL.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 11:33:00
Link | Citer | R

Think.

Old episode is old. I don't watch the Simpsons, but John Entwhistle died back in 2002. ;;
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 11:33:04
Link | Citer | R

I could use 3 troops and $500 million to combat my debt battles, maybe I should request more aid.

edit: *** gimme 50k and I'll be set.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-16 11:37:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Think.

Old episode is old. I don't watch the Simpsons, but John Entwhistle died back in 2002. ;;
They still tour though... that and request troops and money to combat Ebola.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-16 11:38:04
Link | Citer | R

I could use 3 troops and $500 million to combat my debt battles, maybe I should request more aid.

edit: *** gimme 50 bucks and I'll be set.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 11:38:08
Link | Citer | R

My point is, 1/3 of the people huddling in that frame is pushing up daisies!
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 11:40:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

It'd get me a tank of gas, but 50k would pay off my cc's and current student loans and I'd still have $ to spare.

I'd probably buy a used car with the rest, as mine's near the end of it's life, 300k+ miles been wrecked over half a dozen times, can barely legally keep it on the road... (not all by me mind you).
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-16 11:44:21
Link | Citer | R

It'd get me a tank of gas, but 50k would pay off my cc's and current student loans and I'd still have $ to spare.

I'd probably buy a used car with the rest, as mine's near the end of it's life, 300k+ miles been wrecked over half a dozen times, can barely legally keep it on the road... (not all by me mind you).
Racking up debt, rather than making money and pay off that debt will do that.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 11:48:47
Link | Citer | R

Indeed, the *** up part is I could have done it all for free 8 years ago and I messed that up. We live and we learn sir, we live and we learn.

I still am looking at finishing with less than a 50-60k debt, that's more than a lot of students can say, and that's if I keep on the path of loans, I'm looking to go back to work full time and just take a class or two at a time, as I'll at least get up and go to work, but I'm one lazy *** student.
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-16 11:55:57
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
First U.S. airstrikes in expanded Iraq fight

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. officials said Monday the United States has taken the first step in its planned expanded fight against Islamic State militants, going to the aid of Iraqi security forces near Baghdad who were being attacked by enemy fighters.

The U.S. Central Command said it conducted a strike Monday in support of the Iraqi forces southwest of Baghdad. There was also an airstrike Sunday near Sinjar in northern Iraq.

The strike southwest of Baghdad represents the newly broadened mission authorized by President Barack Obama to go on the offensive against the Islamic State group wherever it is. Previous U.S. airstrikes in Iraq were conducted to protect U.S. interests and personnel, assist Iraqi refugees and secure critical infrastructure. Monday's strike was in direct support of Iraqi forces fighting the militants, hitting fighters who were firing on them.

U.S. officials said the Iraqi forces requested assistance when they came under fire from militants. Those officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the mission publicly by name.

Central Command said the Sinjar strike destroyed six vehicles belonging to Islamic State militants.

Source
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 11:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, well. Sometimes you get bad advice from people you trust.

And sometimes the entire culture seems to push you into bad decisions.

Frankly I should never have gone to college. Should have gone into a trade.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-16 11:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Indeed, the *** up part is I could have done it all for free 8 years ago and I messed that up. We live and we learn sir, we live and we learn.

I still am looking at finishing with less than a 50-60k debt, that's more than a lot of students can say, and that's if I keep on the path of loans, I'm looking to go back to work full time and just take a class or two at a time, as I'll at least get up and go to work, but I'm one lazy *** student.
Yeah, I ended up graduating with over $80k in debt from college. Frivolously spending those refund checks. Good times. lol
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 11:59:38
Link | Citer | R

Interestingly enough I went to college to learn a degree in a trade...

That reminds me, I forgot to make one of my stops that I meant to before I drove out to school today, ***.

Although I question working for a company that doesn't even have email, or at least their HR contact information on their website...

I should just start doing work for people again, but I'd have to figure up how much to charge while still making a profit margin to justify the amount of time...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-16 12:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Yeah, well. Sometimes you get bad advice from people you trust.

And sometimes the entire culture seems to push you into bad decisions.

Frankly I should never have gone to college. Should have gone into a trade.
Don't forget those shady people who charge money to get you the very best college loans who hold their seminars at an airport hotel.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 12:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I ended up graduating with over $80k in debt from college. Frivolously spending those refund checks. Good times. lol

Well I only have about 24-30k of frivolous spending debt, about to rack up another 10k, but will be using it to keep up with cc payments and possibly get another vehicle, depending if I find a decent job. (I don't mind making payments, but will need a good down payment first).
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19