Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Valguard
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2017-01-27 13:57:11
Link | Citer | R

Your math there would be 80.3. :D

Edit: @ Martel

So 44.3+16+10+10=79.3 Sure, that's not capped, but it's damnned close.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-27 13:58:27
Link | Citer | R

While we are on the topic of this specific build that is for high end content and relies on an alive wyvern:

I haven't yet been able to DRG for stuff like Omen. How does the wyvern fare against the AoE spam from Caturae? Is it reasonable to expect it to live through the fight with spirit link alone?

Also good to know, can always ask for a haste 1 to be cast to be capped. Thanks!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-27 13:59:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Valguard said: »

Magic haste cap value is wrong there though, it's 43.75%.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-27 14:01:26
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Braden said: »
Why wouldn't it?

Hasso+Wyvern is 20, capped magic is 43.75, and 4/5 Sulevia's with Ioskeha NQ and Valorous Feet is 19. Even full Sulevia's would be enough (ignoring X/1024 haste values which might put you slightly undercap maybe).

The valorous feet would be in attempt to still maintain the 4-hit build. If my math is right, it should be possible with STP10 mantle and Trishula.

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=349193

Correct me I'm wrong, please. Requires augments on Valorous feet.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-27 14:02:59
Link | Citer | R

you gotta stop linking to the /members/ link for itemsets, it just redirects to your own itemsets

you can do Invalid Item Set ID to directly link here

ItemSet 349193
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-27 14:03:24
Link | Citer | R

I DONT UNDERSTAND THE INTERNET
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-27 14:07:23
Link | Citer | R

if you want to link it the way your way, it'd have to be

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/349193

i wanted to mention it in gchat but forgot >_>
 Asura.Valguard
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2017-01-27 14:08:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Asura.Valguard said: »

Magic haste cap value is wrong there though, it's 43.75%.

And that would be even more helpful if i had noticed that first. XD
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-27 14:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Well, that'll teach me to post numbers without double checking things. at least it was a really minor difference.

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
While we are on the topic of this specific build that is for high end content and relies on an alive wyvern:

I haven't yet been able to DRG for stuff like Omen. How does the wyvern fare against the AoE spam from Caturae? Is it reasonable to expect it to live through the fight with spirit link alone?

Also good to know, can always ask for a haste 1 to be cast to be capped. Thanks!
I've yet to have my wyvern die to anything in Omen. Although, I've only done midbosses and Kin on DRG so far. But this pretty much holds for most content unless there's doom spam or something.(If doom is a one time thing or happens less than every 1:30 you can just remove it with spirit link. lol)

And I don't even bother to use Dawn Mulsum or anything. Just steady wing and spirit link appropriately.
 Sylph.Braden
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-27 14:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »

Haven't gone DRG to Kei, but the other four are fine. Kin and Gin are standard fights. Kyou isn't bad unless you somehow botch the recasts on Spirit Link/Steady Wing/Call Wyvern between the four Bravado parts. Fu you could actually get away with leaving your Wyvern in range for Nullification but I usually just disengage or let him dispel (or Super Jump), his regular attack rounds are typically what kills people if anything anyway.

Generally speaking, you're in more danger than your wyvern for these fights. If I were to do DRG on Kei, I'd definitely disengage and let someone else trigger Fullers or use Super Jump.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-27 14:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Amm Greaves offer DT-5 and some nice accuracy. I have several DT sets and you don't need pure Sulvia to reach 50% DT depending on accessories.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-27 14:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Amm Greaves offer DT-5 and some nice accuracy. I have several DT sets and you don't need pure Sulvia to reach 50% DT depending on accessories.

Correct.

The point (thought experiment) is to hit 40+% DT with 67(?) sTP + 1450 ACC after calculations from food and torpor or rolls.

If it was just pure DT- and nothing else there's a lot more purely defensive stuff to slap on.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-01-29 18:34:00
Link | Citer | R

Heya Braden, I just realized for the for some reason, other than Angon, none of my JA Swaps are going in - Spirit Link, Steady Wing, Ancient Circle etc. - none of them are swapping, only Angon is. Not sure how long this had been happening - using your intermediate with Mote's utility included. Fastcast and Breath are swapping. We are gonna be doing another round of Kouryu and I realize last time I forgot Ancient Circle so wanna get it working correctly.
Code
sets.JA.Angon = {ammo="Angon",hands="Ptero. Fin. Gaunt."} 
	-- Angon, Relic Hands, and that dumb earring in Mamook if you feel like it

sets.JA.AncientCircle = {legs="Vishap Brais +1"} 
	-- Ancient Circle normally: 3 minute duration, Damage+15% DT-15% DragonKiller+15% against Dragons (10% vs. NMs)
	-- Ancient Circle with AF1: 4.5 minute duration, Damage+17% DT-17% DragonKiller+17% against Dragons (11% vs. NMs)

sets.JA.SpiritLink = {head="Vishap armet +1",hands="Lncr. Vmbrc. +1"} 
	-- Spirit Link/Empathy gear go here; note that Relic Feet will cause a 100% Wyvern to still drain HP (unless leveling up

sets.JA.SpiritSurge = {} 
	-- Augmented Relic Body affects duration; Wyvern Max HP affects Spirit Surge's Max HP effect on you

sets.JA.SteadyWing = {legs="Vishap Brais +1"} 
	-- Wyvern Max HP strongly affects Steady Wing's Stoneskin effect

-- Casting Sets --
	sets.FastCast = {legs="Taeon tights"}
	-- Can add more FC and Quick Magic here for spells; AF1 Head recommended in case of GearSwap error, at least for faster spells

sets.Midcast = {}
	-- AF1 Head strongly advised for Healing Breath trigger
	-- HP or defensive stuff for Healing Breath; can use Fast Cast or Magic Acc. or whatever if you want too

sets.HealingBreath = {head={ name="Ptero. Armet +1", augments={'Enhances "Deep Breathing" effect',}},
    legs="Vishap Brais +1",
    neck="Lancer's Torque",
    waist="Glassblower's Belt",
    back={ name="Updraft Mantle", augments={'STR+1','Pet: Breath+9','Pet: Damage taken -2%',}},}
	sets.ElementalBreath = sets.HealingBreath
	Breath = sets.HealingBreath
	-- Healing Breath is modified by Wyvern Max HP and Wyvern: Breath+
	-- Elemental Breaths are modified by Wyvern Current HP, Wyvern: Breath+, and Pet: Magic Accuracy
	-- Remove Status Breaths are presumably affected by nothing
end
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-29 19:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Because the line I had in my thing is this:
equip(sets.JA[spell.name])
...with set names like sets.JA['Ancient Circle'] and sets.JA['Steady Wing'], whereas your sets are sets.JA.AncientCircle and sets.JA.SteadyWing

so it's looking for "Spirit Surge" or "Ancient Circle" when it should be looking for "SpiritSurge" and "AncientCircle", those sneaky spaces

Solutions are thuswise:
- Rename all JA sets to fit my pattern of sets.JA['Job Ability Name'] instead of sets.JA.JobAbilityName
- Create a rule to remove space characters from spell.name prior to the name check
- Create individual rules for each JA to check for each individual set like if spell.name == "Spirit Link" then equip(sets.JA.SpiritLink) end
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-01-29 19:18:56
Link | Citer | R

Thanks man I don't recall changing those nor can I think of why I would have - but I went back to your original file - and they had spaces so obviously I did. My bad...and thanks!
By Yeno7 2017-02-05 16:13:47
Link | Citer | R

hey, I have a question, does the AF+2/+3 would make Relic Reforge+1 useless or whats the deal? I cant say for sure since is hard for ppl to take a drg to Omen :/ plus I dont do Omen often, only as PLD ;_;, would be nice to know about the breath stuff both healing and dmg.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-02-05 17:47:14
Link | Citer | R

It's hard for people to take DRG to Omen? Didn't know that was a thing.

At this point, I find anything additional breath related nearly useless. Our healing breath is already potent enough to make even tanks go to full from 1 HP. And the variance in improving elemental breath just isn't significant enough to make a worthwhile difference in DPS. And Jump stuff kind of sucks cause I don't find it worth it to give up Store TP and extra Double Attack chance for the bonuses provided by these pieces.

IMO the only worthwhile piece is the legs: they are an upgrade from existing options for Geirskogul and Camlann's. I don't see any of the pieces that would infringe on the relic for things we use relic for, like Angon or the Helm for breaths.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-08 09:34:35
Link | Citer | R

What is the consensus on gear for jumps these days? Do we still use Pelt +1 legs / feet for bonuses? Gear towards sTP? DA/TA? I assume still maximum ACC is #1 but what is the priority for maximizing TP return on jumps?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 09:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Feet yes, legs not so much. I've yet to see anything out DPS Max STP aug'd acro for spirit/soul jump. Of course I'm also used to gearing for AM3. I might have to take off the AM3 goggles and check again for Trishula.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-08 09:42:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Feet yes, legs not so much. I've yet to see anything out DPS Max STP aug'd acro for spirit/soul jump. Of course I'm also used to gearing for AM3. I might have to take off the AM3 goggles and check again for Trishula.

Since Valorous can go up to 8 sTP with higher ACC cap (lol in reality but yeah) isn't that theoretically better?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 10:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Wow, that was confusing the ***outta me.
I dunno if I'm just sitting on an old version, but, I found an error in the sheet regarding spirit jump on set2.

Light the Braden signal!

Data tab I174 (that's set2) states

=I92*I157*IF(AND(Setup!$G6=1, Setup!G10=0),2,1)+ IF(I157>0, IF(Jump!$W41="Lancer +1",25,IF(Jump!$W41="Lancer +2",50,0)), 0)

Whereas H174 (Set1)shows;

=H92*H157*IF(AND(Setup!$F6=1, Setup!$F10=0),2,1)+ IF(H157>0, IF(Jump!$B41="Peltast's Schynbalds",60,IF(Jump!$B41="Peltast's Schynbalds +1",70,0)), 0)

Basically, set 2 is still rigged for Lancer's rather than peltast's. Fixed that on my sheet.... now then.

OK, so. For Ryu, AM3 up, +8 stp Valorous feet will pull ahead.
AM3 down, or any other polearm, Peltast's win.

btw, this is a difference of something like 2 dps. <,< But then, most jump gearing changes are. I mean, jumps are stuck to a static recast cycle, whereas TP and WS cycle way faster, and thus have a larger impact on overall DPS.

Anyway. Spirit jump set would be something like,

Ginsen
Flamma Zucchetto +1
Anu Torque
Cessance Earring
Sherida Earring
Peltast's Plackart +1
Acro Gauntlets (STP)
Niqmaddu Ring
Petrov Ring
Brigantia's Mantle (DEX+DA)
Windbuffet Belt +1
Acro Breeches (STP)
Peltast's Schynbalds +1

If it were AM3 ryu, you'd go

Cessance -> Telos
DA mantle -> STP mantle.
Peltast feet -> V.feet(+8stp)

Soul jump is pretty much the same. Just use STP V.feet.

A final note. This is all assuming you don't need additional acc. Adjust as needed.

*An even more final note. In some slots, depending on if MA3 and total STP, QA+3 Valorous can come out ahead, but well. GL with that.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-08 11:06:04
Link | Citer | R

Awesome, thanks.

Rule of thumb, Jump ACC should be >= melee/WS ACC? I'm looking at some of those gear choices and all I can think is that I wouldn't use them on anything higher than 130 w/o external ACC buffs.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 11:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, what would you fight that's 130+ without external buffs? Maybe I'm just spoiled, having an Idris GEO mule.

Jumps don't have any kind of native acc bonus, so yes, you'll need to match acc with your TP set to ensure capped hit rate. Unless of course your TP set has more acc in it than you need.

Anyway, the reason I start from low acc sets and move upwards is because assuming I can get acc from buffs, these sets will yield the most DPS. If you're not getting those buffs, then as my note said, adjust as needed.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-08 11:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, what would you fight that's 130+ without external buffs? Maybe I'm just spoiled, having an Idris GEO mule.

Jumps don't have any kind of native acc bonus, so yes, you'll need to match acc with your TP set to ensure capped hit rate. Unless of course your TP set has more acc in it than you need.

Anyway, the reason I start from low acc sets and move upwards is because assuming I can get acc from buffs, these sets will yield the most DPS. If you're not getting those buffs, then as my note said, adjust as needed.

The difference between DRG ACC and like...Adhemar +1 BLU ACC or RNG ACC or etc. mean that I don't always have as many ACC buffs as I would like in not-ideal situations.

You are right that it would not be the norm, but the idea is to have enough swaps and toggles to accommodate all situations instead of just being shitty for the event. Trying to get my head around the best way of delineating swap lines.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-02-08 11:45:53
Link | Citer | R

I actually fixed that Empy Feet thing on the DPS sheet a week ago when Brimstone told me about it. Can download it here in case anyone lost the link.

And yeah, Jump acc should be where your melee acc is unless you've got Spirit Surge up for Jump/High Jump. Matter of fact, most people's current optimal Jump sets are likely to be identical to their optimal TP sets since:
A) Jump-specific gear is generally unimpressive and isn't very common to begin with,
B) Jumps are almost always used for TP rather than direct damage (VIT on regular Jump, crit damage), and
C) the only offensive stats that immediately become irrelevant are Haste and usually crit rate.

Even an obvious change like dropping a haste belt isn't so clear cut when Ioskeha is still a great DA+Acc combo piece.

edit: DRG should have a higher accuracy ceiling than BLU, although I imagine it's about even without Gungnir. The BRD changes coming Friday should make things easier on all melee though.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-08 11:48:35
Link | Citer | R

Okay, thanks. I was thinking of making changes like ACC25 sTP7 Val. Feet -> ACC35 DA5 feet but it seems like sTP is the way to go.

Thanks for all the input.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 11:49:34
Link | Citer | R

I guess the main reason I haven't hit this issue like a brick wall is that I haven't been back for long since the AGI/eva nerf and the return of melee zergs on high tier content.

My acc sets probably need an overhaul. And that means Reisen augments.. ugh. And probably some Emicho+1. ugh twice.

Probably the first thing to do is get a couple different goal acc values. Find your frequent content types, and the acc requirements for each, then make your tiers based on meeting those requirements.

I keep a spreadsheet with the acc values of all my sets, and use that to maintain acc for each tier of sets. I also use to to check my sets against various acc goals with varying buffs.

It's useful, but a serious pain in the *** to keep updated.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-08 11:52:56
Link | Citer | R

I guess the main reason I haven't hit this issue like a brick wall is that I haven't been back for long since the AGI/eva nerf and the return of melee zergs on high tier content.

My acc sets probably need an overhaul. And that means Reisen augments.. ugh. And probably some Emicho+1. ugh twice.

Probably the first thing to do is get a couple different goal acc values. Find your frequent content types, and the acc requirements for each, then make your tiers based on meeting those requirements.

I keep a spreadsheet with the acc values of all my sets, and use that to maintain acc for each tier of sets. I also use to to check my sets against various acc goals with varying buffs.

It's useful, but a serious pain in the *** to keep updated.

For some content it isn't uncommon to need 1300-1350 ACC before buffs, maybe even higher. It isn't super awesome.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 11:56:14
Link | Citer | R

I think that would turn my TP sets into complete crap. Be like nothing but acc. Unless you had some freaking amazing DM augs or something.... Trying to get STP+ max acc.. +45 for fern? would be a nightmare. I guess you'd use Pellucid for this though.

I'll have to look over my sets once I get home.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-08 12:08:05
Link | Citer | R

I think that would turn my TP sets into complete crap. Be like nothing but acc. Unless you had some freaking amazing DM augs or something.... Trying to get STP+ max acc.. +45 for fern? would be a nightmare. I guess you'd use Pellucid for this though.

I'll have to look over my sets once I get home.

It's much easier for some jobs than others. I made my main TP mantle DEX30 ACC20 sTP10 instead of DA to sacrifice sTP in other places. It makes using ***like AG Gungnir an actual consideration because ***damage > uncapped ACC.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 110 111 112