Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 110 111 112
 Sylph.Braden
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-20 12:54:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it's using a function defined in Mote's stuff. You can do one of the following:

- Add include('Mote-Utility')
- Replace set_macro_page(X,Y) with send_command('input /macro book X;wait 0.1;input /macro set Y')
- Add the following function copied from Mote-Utility.lua:
Code
function set_macro_page(set,book)
    if not tonumber(set) then
        add_to_chat(123,'Error setting macro page: Set is not a valid number ('..tostring(set)..').')
        return
    end
    if set < 1 or set > 10 then
        add_to_chat(123,'Error setting macro page: Macro set ('..tostring(set)..') must be between 1 and 10.')
        return
    end

if book then
        if not tonumber(book) then
            add_to_chat(123,'Error setting macro page: book is not a valid number ('..tostring(book)..').')
            return
        end
        if book < 1 or book > 20 then
            add_to_chat(123,'Error setting macro page: Macro book ('..tostring(book)..') must be between 1 and 20.')
            return
        end
        send_command('@input /macro book '..tostring(book)..';wait .1;input /macro set '..tostring(set))
    else
        send_command('@input /macro set '..tostring(set))
    end
end
By Sidra 2017-01-20 13:12:33
Link | Citer | R

Fixed and working, thanks man!
 Asura.Azagarth
Serveur: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-25 11:22:27
Link | Citer | R

So I am new to drg and having a little gear trouble. I am aiming for a 4 hit which from what I ws in requires 75 stp in gear with /sam. I have 70 right now.

I am currently using Lembing, but can change to habile which gives 8 stp. However it seems like a big dps hit in my eyes.... am I wrong?

Is 4hit (ws+3hits) worthwhile on drg? Going to 4hit I lose 5 TA, 3 QA, 14 DA anyhow from my 5hit, so it starts to feel unappealing.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-25 11:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
So I am new to drg and having a little gear trouble. I am aiming for a 4 hit which from what I ws in requires 75 stp in gear with /sam. I have 70 right now.

I am currently using Lembing, but can change to habile which gives 8 stp. However it seems like a big dps hit in my eyes.... am I wrong?

Is 4hit (ws+3hits) worthwhile on drg? Going to 4hit I lose 5 TA, 3 QA, 14 DA anyhow from my 5hit, so it starts to feel unappealing.

I ran into the same problem. I decided to keep the multi attack. Losing 22% overall sorta sucks.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-25 11:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Ya I figure with the jumps, etc, tp gain really isnt a big issue. I am just so use to my 4hit on drk that not having it on drg felt a little bit slower. However dropping all that multi attack also felt slow so... kinda screwed both ways haha.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-01-25 11:42:44
Link | Citer | R

4 hit seems to be more of a Trishula and Ryunohige thing.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-25 11:43:19
Link | Citer | R

Ya I figure with the jumps, etc, tp gain really isnt a big issue. I am just so use to my 4hit on drk that not having it on drg felt a little bit slower. However dropping all that multi attack also felt slow so... kinda screwed both ways haha.

Try going from playing a WAR with Rag with like 80% DA and a 6 hit to DRK with a 5 hit and significantly less multi attack :(

The 5 hit on DRK is actually slower and I have issues self skill chaining when LR is down.

Feels bad man.. It's like being stuck in slow motion.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-25 13:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Try going from playing a WAR with Rag with like 80% DA and a 6 hit to DRK with a 5 hit and significantly less multi attack :(

The 5 hit on DRK is actually slower and I have issues self skill chaining when LR is down.

get a 4 hit apoc (ws+3 hit) and you never feel like you cant solo 5 steps haha. Its crazy the tp gain of scythe, I had hoped polearm felt the same but I cant get it to yet. Best cp/hr I ever got I was the healer/tank/sc with apoc and everyone was just pulling and sleeping mobs by me for 3 step darkness that would take the poor mobs to 60%~ or less (enough for 1 nuke to kill). Good times :D

to get back on track, can drg do something similar with the 1 min healing breathe to not need a whm? I had hoped to cp it like my above example but I am having issues with solo sc when jumps arent up. I prefer to take 1 less dd for 1 extra support normally. Dual dds is messy for me on sc since most ppl are slow for PUG cp.
By Sidra 2017-01-25 13:47:56
Link | Citer | R

Good DRG 5hit builds have 65-75% Double Attack, and we have the highest ConserveTP trait in the game, along with Mass TP producing jumps. I can't imagine playing DRG and feeling like TP gain is slow.

The CD on healing breath can't replace a WHM but in a CP cituation where maybe your GEO was tossing out heals it may be enough supplemental healing to make it work. It will pretty much make any player full from 1 HP.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-25 13:52:42
Link | Citer | R

please post your set, I am no where near 75% DA and I have very good gear I feel, well over the average player.

I dont have REAM, and wont for a long long time (3 aeonics until trish), so I am using Lembing atm. Should I be using a different polearm? I thought Lembing was top non ream polearm?
By Sidra 2017-01-25 14:11:38
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 349169

Valorous Hose Augmented with DA+4, Acc+29, Att+10

48% DA from Gear, and 4% TA - so lets call it 54%

1200 JPS - +15
/WAR +10
AM Up + 5

So it's 54% to start with my mediocre gears, and 15 come from Gifts. That's 69, right at the bottom of the range I listed. I tend to play /war more than /sam, and I understand the 5% is pretty much me only as no one has Gungnir. But when I /WAR it's 84 and pretty insane.

I also have considerable run room for gears still...working on investing way too much gil for an Emicho+1 crafted, could tinker w StoreTP and get in Asperity neck, Sherida Earring etc.

I also have all of the non Body Valorous pieces but am not having any luck augmenting them well enough to be considered an upgrade.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-25 14:30:53
Link | Citer | R

ah ok that makes sense then haha, your using /war (isnt /sam better?) and accounting gifts :D

I basically have what you do but use a 4 DA 38 acc auged Valo body, and I think sulv Legs with 3 TA are better overall?

Regardless I still found its tp gain lackluster from my drk /shrug. I could just be biased but I couldnt consistently self sc without jumps solo which surprised me.
By Sidra 2017-01-25 14:39:10
Link | Citer | R

I may be alone on this one, so take this for maybe just one dumb Dragoon's opinion as opposed to community sentiment - But I view SAM more as a defensive sub as opposed to an offensive one. With GEO being so common, /WAR is haste capped w Haste and Geo Haste which I nearly always have in any group, so the 10% Speed from Hasso is useless. And Berserk, Warcry, and 10% Double Attack crush the offensive benefits of 15 Store TP, Meditate, and Sekannoki (although a Mythic or Empy wielding DRG will get more value from Sekannoki than anyone else will).

I generally play /SAM if I am unfamiliar with the tank (or playing with my own Trusts) or know they are not amazing, thus planning on riding Seigan/Third Eye because I am going to be tanking. /SAM is probably also better in a CP party where the MBs are doing most of the damage as your own damage is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is speed to skillchain (and most likely GEO buffing the mages and not you).

I view TA as 1.5x DA - thus I value the 3% TA on Sulevia Pantsas 4.5% DA - so I prefer the 7% DA from my Valorous Hose.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-25 14:48:06
Link | Citer | R

ah ok that makes sense then haha, your using /war (isnt /sam better?) and accounting gifts :D

I basically have what you do but use a 4 DA 38 acc auged Valo body, and I think sulv Legs with 3 TA are better overall?

Regardless I still found its tp gain lackluster from my drk /shrug. I could just be biased but I couldnt consistently self sc without jumps solo which surprised me.

Unless you're just not haste capped, I don't really see how you could possibly be having issues self SCing. When I was CPing my mediocre DRG, I could easily 4-6 step Light or Darkness.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-25 14:53:54
Link | Citer | R

maybe its not being haste capped idk... Like I said I am new at drg and this guide is horribly outdated... If I am understanding right you have to have your pet drg out for the haste benefit yes?
By Sidra 2017-01-25 15:01:36
Link | Citer | R

5/5 Empathy Merits and Spirit Linking any time you summon your wyvern, zone, or enter a LV Cap status like Escha Battlefields will immediately bump your Wyvern up 5 levels, and give you the max 10% JA Haste as well as a slew of other benefits.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-01-25 16:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Those are odd CP parties. I just go solo Apex Bats with 4-5 step double light. I can do the same to crabs, just slower.

I personally prefer /sam by a fair margin. Between Frailty, Dia II-III, Angon and Gungnir, attack really isn't an issue.

10 DA, to me, doesn't compare to the defensive and offensive benefits of /sam. Especially now that such crazy amounts are obtainable.
By Sidra 2017-01-25 16:36:20
Link | Citer | R

Even with those those up, on most things worth fighting the attack/def still isn't capped - I can tell because I hit harder with Berserk up, than with it down. Mostly VD level Ambuscade type stuff, and Escha mobs. Berserk adds definite value.

In terms of what SAM offers defensively - no argument here.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-25 17:17:45
Link | Citer | R

Sidra said: »
5/5 Empathy Merits and Spirit Linking any time you summon your wyvern, zone, or enter a LV Cap status like Escha Battlefields will immediately bump your Wyvern up 5 levels, and give you the max 10% JA Haste as well as a slew of other benefits.

I am guessing this was the issue, I hadn't re summoned by wyvern after a quick quetz the other day.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-01-25 20:17:23
Link | Citer | R

get a 4 hit apoc (ws+3 hit) and you never feel like you cant solo 5 steps haha. Its crazy the tp gain of scythe, I had hoped polearm felt the same but I cant get it to yet. Best cp/hr I ever got I was the healer/tank/sc with apoc and everyone was just pulling and sleeping mobs by me for 3 step darkness that would take the poor mobs to 60%~ or less (enough for 1 nuke to kill). Good times :D

to get back on track, can drg do something similar with the 1 min healing breathe to not need a whm? I had hoped to cp it like my above example but I am having issues with solo sc when jumps arent up. I prefer to take 1 less dd for 1 extra support normally. Dual dds is messy for me on sc since most ppl are slow for PUG cp.

For solo try Koru, Sylvie, The COR Trust, Ark Angel EV, and Kupofried.

On the plus side when AAEV uses CDC you can close darkness with stardiver.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-25 21:28:24
Link | Citer | R

The biggest loss is Retaliation. At 20/20 it's somewhere between 60 and 65% chance of you getting a free attack round, and that attack round can multi-attack and is treated like any other attack round. If the enemy swings twice at you, you get a roll on each swing to proc an attack round. It's what I call WAR Spikes. As long as something is swinging at you, your going to get massive TP gain. It can ever proc in WS animation during the 2s that your attack round is normally paused.

It's Multi-Attack vs Store TP vs Accuracy. I can hit 95%+ DA if I focused on it but would lose quite a bit of Store TP and Accuracy doing so. So instead I find a balance between the three of them, high accuracy is an absolute must but then having a balance between Store TP and Multi-Attack to optimize damage generation. Stardiver works very much like Resolution, though slightly less TP scaling.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-27 10:47:51
Link | Citer | R

I just want to confirm that the haste bestowed on master by wyvern via Spirit Link is gear haste, correct? Trying to look at a good hybrid DT- set and if I can cap haste with 16% gear haste that is fantastic.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-01-27 11:17:13
Link | Citer | R

It's not gear haste, it's JA haste.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-27 11:32:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
just want to confirm that the haste bestowed on master by wyvern via Spirit Link is gear haste, correct?

I'm pretty sure it's JA haste, which is far better in this context as you can already hit the 25% gear haste cap.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-27 13:37:06
Link | Citer | R

Okay, thanks.

It's actually slightly worse for the specific scenario I am envisioning as I'll almost always have idris haste in the rare occasions I'm on DRG in content high enough to warrant a hybrid set. Ideally, I was looking to use 4/5 Sulevia +1 with Valorous Feet and Iosheka belt as a 16% gear haste + 45% PDT high acc set.

It's not the end of the world, just not ideal for a specifically niche set I was envisioning.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-27 13:40:28
Link | Citer | R

Umm.. you should look over the haste caps.
Magic 44.3
Gear 25
JA 25
Total cap 80.

Gear and Magic only brings you to 69.3 which is over 10 shy, which is where JA comes in. How if you have more then 10JA haste you can reduce gear haste.

If you want a hybrid build, look at Ioska belt since it opens a lot up.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-27 13:43:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Magic 44.3
Gear 25
JA 25
Total cap 80.

Gear and Magic only brings you to 69.3 which is over 10 shy, which is where JA comes in. How if you have more then 10JA haste you can reduce gear haste.

Hasso would be up. Ioska belt is in my build, I just spelled it wrong.

Edit: Again, this isn't strictly necessary, it's just that Sulevia +1 offers a combination of ACC and DT- that is unparalleled even with augmented Valorous at the expense of high amounts of haste. It was one option, but it looks like it won't work out.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-27 13:53:54
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Magic 44.3
Gear 25
JA 25
Total cap 80.

Hasso would be up. Ioska belt is in my build, I just spelled it wrong.

Edit: Again, this isn't strictly necessary, it's just that Sulevia +1 offers a combination of ACC and DT- that is unparalleled even with augmented Valorous at the expense of high amounts of haste. It was one option, but it looks like it won't work out.
Why exactly wouldn't this work?

Idris indihaste is 41% iirc, +haste spell, cause if you have a geo they should be able to cast HAste as well. so capped 44.3 Magic haste.

16% gear haste as you said. Then 10% JA haste from wyvern, 10% from Hasso.

So 44.3+16+10+10=79.3 Sure, that's not capped, but it's damnned close.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-27 13:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Why wouldn't it?

Hasso+Wyvern is 20, capped magic is 43.75, and 4/5 Sulevia's with Ioskeha NQ and Valorous Feet is 19. Even full Sulevia's would be enough (ignoring X/1024 haste values which might put you slightly undercap maybe).
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 110 111 112