Eudaemon Alluvion Skirmishes
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
 Odin.Calipso
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-14 11:46:05
Link | Citer | R

If this is real (the +3 aug), I'm not even mad. (Coming from someone who has made two G-horns.) Horn still wins for Macc, and now every brd isn't required to have a relic and emp to be considered seriously for endgame.

The fact that they get reasonably comparable weapons with this and Terpander is pretty cool. This is gonna make casual life a lot easier. And again, it was always pretty lame that brd needed their relic AND their emp to be considered for most serious endgame shells and to put out optimal buffs.

And hey, maybe Horn will finally get an 119 buff, but I'm not holding my breath :p
[+]
 Bismarck.Mahley
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Leey
By Bismarck.Mahley 2014-08-14 11:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
I dunno, I'd rather take a 3 song all song +4 over a 4 song and cast everything in daurb bard. lol

that
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2014-08-14 11:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Calipso said: »
And hey, maybe Horn will finally get an 119 buff, but I'm not holding my breath :p

The possibility of newer songs that cap at something higher than 800 combined skill is also there, to make further use of Gjallarhorn's massive skill boost.
[+]
By Chyula 2014-08-14 12:24:10
Link | Citer | R

Now we need a harp with 4 songs augment.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-14 12:26:45
Link | Citer | R

Hey, remember that time SE was going to give relics special spells unique to the weapons a la Impact? Might want to dust off that tome SE.

I hear Bards might be interested in that Massacre Elegy thing.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-08-14 12:33:36
Link | Citer | R

So I made a 3 song dhorn and feel a little special then comes the newer easier to get 3 song instrument. So I no longer feel special.

Made a Ghorn and now comes this. Ok no longer doing anything lol

All jokes aside it's very nice for people who want to just play bard casually or seriously lol
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-14 17:37:22
Link | Citer | R

If someone wants some data to be working it, here's a bit for Flute and Staff

Linos
Leaftip => Breath magic taken -3%
Snowtip => Macc+3, attack+3, mab+2, mab+1
Snowslit => Macc+2, mab+6, Att+7
Snowslit +1 => Att+7, Acc+2
Snowdim => mab+3
Snoworb => Mab+8
Leaforb => Avatar perp-1, Pet: PDT-2%

Keuranos
Snowslit => Att+2, Att+5, MEva +3
Snowdim => Acc+4
Snowdim +1 => (Macc+1, mab+1),
Snowdim +2 => Macc+17
Snoworb => (Pet: Att+3, Ratt+3)
Snoworb +2 => (Acc+10, Racc+10), (Acc+10, Racc+10, yes... again)
Leaforb => Pet: Haste+2
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2014-08-14 17:44:42
Link | Citer | R

I might be being dumb here but... the account that posted the +4 song horn now comes up with "user_does_not_exist" Suspicious much?
[+]
By Trixtaar 2014-08-14 18:04:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
I might be being dumb here but... the account that posted the +4 song horn now comes up with "user_does_not_exist" Suspicious much?

Very suspicious.. i have been using +2 dims like no tomorrow for the +3 song aug I(farmed stones) :/ maybe someone trying to pull a fast one!

Either way i would love to see if anyone else has +3 song or if its even possible!
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2014-08-14 18:08:35
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2014-08-14 18:10:30
Link | Citer | R

snowslit and leafslits for melee jobs.
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-08-14 18:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Trixtaar said: »

Very suspicious.. i have been using +2 dims like no tomorrow for the +3 song aug I(farmed stones) :/ maybe someone trying to pull a fast one!

Either way i would love to see if anyone else has +3 song or if its even possible!

I am highly suspicious it is false. No other information was posted besides a screenshot of just the weapon. Edit, correction, 2 words.
By Nyruul 2014-08-14 22:21:57
Link | Citer | R

Its funny, I clicked on Tajinjr user name after seeing he posted the +3 aug on linos. His user account doesnt exist anymore. Banned for trolling the community? That +3 on his picture looks suspicious.
 Fenrir.Jackalman
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jackalman
By Fenrir.Jackalman 2014-08-14 22:33:48
Link | Citer | R

It's absolutely photoshopped. The + is too low (compare it to the other screenshots). I'd still give it a week or so to make sure it can't get a +3 augment, but I doubt it personally. Just like when they made Terpander 3-song, they left Duardabla the superior option, I would expect they would do the same here.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-14 23:37:37
Link | Citer | R

It's been like that since this morning.

I was gonna post earlier and say the picture looked weird/off, but I'm really not an expert.

Personally I'd wait for a second confirmation before dumping a bunch of gil/+2's, unless you really don't have anything better to do.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-08-15 00:04:54
Link | Citer | R

MAB/MACC are Snowdim +1

Fast Cast +1 is Leafslit +1

From tinkering with the stones the way the combo system works is:

Leaf overwrites Leaf augments and Snow overwrites Snow augments:

i.e Snowslit +1 will be overwritten by Snowdim +1 etc.

So if you want to combo you have to do Snow/Leaf or Leaf/Snow.

edit: used a leaftip +2 and replaced Fast Cast with STP 5

Then I combined the Snowdim +1 with Leafdim +1 and got:

also highest I have seen from ~slits was 23 Attack.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2014-08-15 01:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jackalman said: »
It's absolutely photoshopped. The + is too low (compare it to the other screenshots). I'd still give it a week or so to make sure it can't get a +3 augment, but I doubt it personally. Just like when they made Terpander 3-song, they left Duardabla the superior option, I would expect they would do the same here.

The text, + and 3 line up perfectly if you overlay another weapon and make it transparent.

with

over the top of it and set to 50% transparency (moved left to line up the + and 3 a bit closer on both images so it's easier to see).

Not saying it's not shopped, but the vertical positions match perfectly.
 Siren.Froggis
Serveur: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2014-08-15 02:01:04
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Fenrir.Jackalman said: »

The text, + and 3 line up perfectly if you overlay another weapon and make it transparent.

with

over the top of it and set to 50% transparency (moved left to line up the + and 3 a bit closer on both images so it's easier to see).

Not saying it's not shopped, but the vertical positions match perfectly.

Doesn't work if you do it with the first +2 aug shown in thread. So the vertical position is perfectly alligned for a different item. I'd say it is a fake, unless the vertical position varies based on the character that follows the +

Edit: I mean compare first horn aug SS in this thread to that one (if it wasn't clear)
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2014-08-15 02:23:19
Link | Citer | R

It does if you do it with the second though.

Both + are lower than the first one posted, so the height of the + is no indication of it being a fake.

Actually, + height variance seems to be based on the background pattern of the UI.
High:

Low:

By Tylaar 2014-08-15 02:31:00
Link | Citer | R

The two horn SS have different fonts, check the tails on the lower case L in the two horn shots, and in Chormeys Ohrmazd SS. The font Thorbean has on his Macbain also shows the + offset lower, and the non-tail font.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-15 02:36:50
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-15 02:38:17
Link | Citer | R

It's incredibly hard to tell, it's a near flawless shop if it's fake, have to give props if so.

As far as I can tell it's legit my font/background have lowered + as well
By pchan 2014-08-15 03:32:37
Link | Citer | R

In any case it means you are better off doing a gjallarhorn because it's not 1% chance. Seeing how +2 were hard to get inside skirmish and that you had to buy them en masse at the AH to have something consistant, you'll save money and/or time doing the relic
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-15 03:41:26
Link | Citer | R

+2's seriously rain inside new skirmish. Think we saw 6-7 off one mob alone. (Point being, given some time, these should be significantly cheaper than previous +2s)
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-15 03:48:16
Link | Citer | R

Or you could get lucky on the first +2 and save yourself lots of time and money. It's all a matter of preference. Do you take the sure bet with the calculable cost and potential for growth, or do you gamble and hope to save gil?
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-15 03:53:41
Link | Citer | R

Think we'll have to see if a) the aug actually exists and b) how uncommon it is to decide if it's "worth" doing or not.

If you have lots of gil to throw around and super serious about brd, make Horn.

If you're tight on gil, or don't care about having the absolute best, this is a much more reasonable alternative, especially if it lets you divert gil to 99'ing a Daur instead. (Or hell, whatever personal goal you'd rather spend your gil on)
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-08-15 04:19:40
Link | Citer | R

First augment surpassing +19 on anything I've seen until now.

/edit: #***
 Asura.Trixta
user: Trixtaar
By Asura.Trixta 2014-08-15 04:21:57
Link | Citer | R

I have just been using +2 stones that I have farmed to put into linos. My LS has been running a ton of the new skirm. Myself personally I can't tell if the +3 is a fake but its very suspicious. I'd love it to be true as I will keep pouring stones into linos, if its fake them stones will be a waste since I got +2 song aug on my second +2 stone. Only time will tell..
 Asura.Trixta
user: Trixtaar
By Asura.Trixta 2014-08-15 04:26:50
Link | Citer | R

Oh and people should read through the hole thread before stating what already been posted earlier on.. reading the same post about what stones aug what over and over again gets boring.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-15 04:31:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm interested in seeing more augments on the shield. So far I've been unimpressed, but my curiosity remains.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12