Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Eudaemon Alluvion Skirmishes
Eudaemon Alluvion Skirmishes
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
By Pantafernando 2014-08-14 09:51:34
Link | Citer | R

Still need aegis and anni to be all relics. Guess horn was the first of the last targets.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-14 09:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
They did this to every other relic. Why is this surprising?
Why is this surprising? How about because the other RMEs got an upgrade afterwise, and ghorn won't, and how about because SE specifically said that Ghorn would never be surpassed by other options?
Sounds a bit more surprising now?

Or maybe it's not, and the plethora of surprised people (wether they're happy or sad) are just a bunch of fools who shouldn't have been surprised after all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-08-14 09:52:12
Link | Citer | R

+3 wouldn't really close any gaps

Ballad is nice and all, but BRD isn't used for it
 Asura.Trixta
user: Trixtaar
By Asura.Trixta 2014-08-14 09:52:13
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Well, this is surprising from SE to trash this way a high level item. Makes me wonder if SE plans in an ilv gjallarhorn for +5, or just troll all brds who spent 100m for their horn. Waiting for an aftermath augment for the sake of "balance"...

Its not surprising from SE in my opinion. Take a look at ALOT of other situational relics like amano.. Bards are not the only victim in this infact bard was 1 or 2 or 3 jobs left where the relic was still awesome (ranger gun being one) the rest of the relics out there all got chucked aside pretty much over the last few updates or used situationally. So this was probably a long time coming. Calling out for relic buffs now after every other relic user was gimped months ago is just silly, Of course in time relics will get a buff. I doubt very much it'll be anytime soon.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-08-14 09:53:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Why is this surprising? How about because the other RMEs got an upgrade afterwise....

Yes, but do keep in mind how many of them are BIS even after being updated

I'll grant you the "SE lied" thing, but it's certainly not the first time this has happened
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-14 09:55:39
Link | Citer | R

Amano is useless compared to tsurumaru, I don't see any SAM being butthurt about this, why are brd butthurt ?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-14 09:56:56
Link | Citer | R

even after throwing 300 plutons at my amano for an extra 10-20m or whatever it is I paid at the time, it's still nothing but a fancy paperweight. least your gjallarhorn still retains its function and isn't surpassed in every way by a weapon that can be obtained in 20 minutes. pretty much the case for every single relic besides Aegis and Gjallarhorn, Yoichinoyumi and Annihilator get honored accolades but aren't nearly as impressive. all that's really happened is, brd has been put on the same (but still slightly higher) level as other jobs when it comes to relics. oh boy. but anyway, grass is greener etc
[+]
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-08-14 09:57:38
Link | Citer | R

Why is this surprising? How about because the other RMEs got an upgrade afterwise, and ghorn won't, and how about because SE specifically said that Ghorn would never be surpassed by other options?
Sounds a bit more surprising now?

Or maybe it's not, and the plethora of surprised people (wether they're happy or sad) are just a bunch of fools who shouldn't have been surprised after all.

LOL at you actually listening to SE [>.<]
 Asura.Trixta
By Asura.Trixta 2014-08-14 09:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ccl said: »
Amano is useless compared to tsurumaru, I don't see any SAM being butthurt about this, why are brd butthurt ?

the point i was trying to make in my last post, only in fewer words :P
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-14 09:58:56
Link | Citer | R

because SE specifically said that Ghorn would never be surpassed by other options?

As of now, this doesn't surpass Ghorn.

edit: fail quote but you get the idea D:
By Pantafernando 2014-08-14 09:59:49
Link | Citer | R

If you never saw a sam being butthurt, you should have forgotten when SE first trashed rem with delve 1.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-08-14 09:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Fail quote inside of a fail quote

Well done
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-14 10:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Not like many of them were BIS either before SOA launched, were they?
(talking about Relics only, not RME in general)
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-14 10:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Fail quote inside of a fail quote

Well done

Yes I'm that good :D
 Phoenix.Phaeon
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2014-08-14 10:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Shield drops for Cirdas, we got one last night from the Bugard NM. H2H is from Gallu in Rala, I've seen a few drop from it.

Pretty certain at this point each NM has 2 weapon types it can drop, for example H2H or Dagger for Gallu or Axe or Great Axe for Uragnite. Mega boss can probably drop any weapon, maybe specific to zone but I haven't confirmed that.

List I know of so far:
Gallu: Dagger, H2H
Corse: Sword, Great Sword
Uragnite: Axe, Great Axe
Corse: Great Sword, ???
Dverger: Sword, ???

Bugard: Shield, ???
Golem: Bow, ???

I've only done one Cirdas so the list is far from complete. Also, I got a Staff from Rala which I think was from Corse, but I'm not 100% certain that was the NM.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-14 10:03:06
Link | Citer | R

their usefulness was significantly higher. things like Ragnarok, Apocalypse(kind of), and Amano were strong enough to be second best next to Mythics depending on the weapon; while some relics were, in fact, best in slot. the only one you could truly argue as worthless was claustrum.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-14 10:03:13
Link | Citer | R

Most were BIS or lost to other emp/myth, not to easy to get delve weapon.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-14 10:05:48
Link | Citer | R

claustrum is now better than most(all?) non-RME nuking staves

excalibur is better than all non-RME swords(and burt if your acc is ***enough to invalidate am3 or you're swapping shields, which isn't that uncommon)

aegis/yoichi/anni were already mentioned

apocalypse has never been a weapon i'd advocate, but i'm sure some people still find uses for it

believe spharai and gungnir still beat all non-rme

not that it really matters, gjall is still leading this thing by 43~ m.acc and it's gold
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-14 10:10:30
Link | Citer | R

I thought spharai lost to delve II h2h but it's been forever since I ran number so idk for sure.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-14 10:13:08
Link | Citer | R

Amano isn't *that* bad. If you absolutely, positively need a very large amount of accuracy (Yorcia Delve mandy and megaboss), then Amano gives +25 over Tsurumaru, plus OD2.5, which is admittedly negligible for samurai. I wouldn't start Amano right now, and I think Delve GK is "better" simply due to ease of obtaining, but Amano isn't bad. Ragnarok is still the best great sword.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-14 10:14:29
Link | Citer | R

Amano is awfull, those 25acc never make up for tsuru save tp.
 Asura.Trixta
By Asura.Trixta 2014-08-14 10:23:29
Link | Citer | R

If you are a Tsuru sam being outparsed by an amano SAM you should probably quit the game. Amano isn't remotely worth the price tag in any given situation.
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-08-14 10:25:26
Link | Citer | R

Mandau is also a relic that fell behind. Vajra crushes it and so does izh/atoy(occ. Att 2x) after the weaponskill update since mercy stroke is so behind rudra's now. So welcome to the club bards, very few jobs (pld/rng) still have relics that are the best in slot. And you still have the best horn even if its marginal now. Its honestly the same thing that has happened to all r/e/m for the most part they beat their skirmish/delve equivalent marginally. (Besides a select few)
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-14 10:27:44
Link | Citer | R

I haven't plugged either Amano or Tsuru into the spreadsheet since the TP change, since I have Koga, which beats both. I'm assuming that you can 4-hit a Tsu in full acc gear under Ionis, but only 5-hit Amano?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-14 10:28:44
Link | Citer | R

not even that big of a deal anyway. most you got out of +4 to all songs was higher duration and a couple extra MP from ballad, also being able to use marcato on minuet instead of march. stirring the hive is still fun though
By pchan 2014-08-14 10:33:13
Link | Citer | R

I thought spharai lost to delve II h2h but it's been forever since I ran number so idk for sure.

wut.

Also idk why everyone is so excited at this ***instrument, what people want on their brds is 4 songs, they don't give a ***on your +4 if you don't have DDB99. If you already have DDB99 then you saved 200m otherwise you are still gimp.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-14 10:39:04
Link | Citer | R

pchan said: »

wut.

Also idk why everyone is so excited at this ***instrument, what people want on their brds is 4 songs, they don't give a ***on your +4 if you don't have DDB99. If you already have DDB99 then you saved 200m otherwise you are still gimp.

It's more the Ghorn brd being butthurt than everyone else being happy.
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-08-14 10:48:11
Link | Citer | R

pchan said: »

wut.

So a horn that loses by just some magical accuracy is ***? Lol also if I was a bard I would be happy if I had not made ghorn yet. Use your fund to do empy 99 first. I would still want both personally but it is nice for newer brds to be able to either save 100m+ or prioritize empy without being gimp. If they aren't someone just sitting on 300M+
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-08-14 10:50:09
Link | Citer | R

I dunno, I'd rather take a 3 song all song +4 over a 4 song and cast everything in daurb bard. lol
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-14 11:23:26
Link | Citer | R

It's still shocking to think how well my bard mule is making out for so little work lol.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12