Unsoloable Mobs?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 20 21 22
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-12-28 08:30:22
Link | Citer | R

Didn't win but shows it's possible. Going again later after work, don't take the win Mischief q.q Skip to 19:30 for fairy fight or 39:20 if you just want to see me lose the run.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Protey
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-28 23:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Didn't win but shows it's possible. Going again later after work, don't take the win Mischief q.q Skip to 19:30 for fairy fight or 39:20 if you just want to see me lose the run.

Nice job on the pixie, I forgot about the reduced HP with only one person so it's a lot faster kill. You did get a bit lucky though, after the pixie wiped all your buffs you got low on HP; if it had chosen to chainspell at that time you would have died.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-29 00:37:42
Link | Citer | R

There isn't reduced HP, Vagary doesn't scale according to people you bring in.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-12-29 02:19:02
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

D: I saw a use of JA0 at 4:27 in the video. DQ'd.
But anyway, cool stuff.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-12-29 07:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Protey said: »

Nice job on the pixie, I forgot about the reduced HP with only one person so it's a lot faster kill. You did get a bit lucky though, after the pixie wiped all your buffs you got low on HP; if it had chosen to chainspell at that time you would have died.

I can never win with you lol
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-29 19:52:00
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

You sure there isn't more HP if you have more than six people?
By BlaTheTaru 2015-12-29 20:17:00
Link | Citer | R

I can never win with you lol
By Draylo 2015-12-30 19:20:56
Link | Citer | R

You sure there isn't more HP if you have more than six people?

Yes I am sure. Also all of these solos are "luck" to some degree. I remember having to redo a lot of fights because of one misstep so I'm sure a lot of current solo's are like that too. You just see the recorded win but they don't show you their losses, so I don't see the point in bringing that up tbh.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-31 03:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Also all of these solos are "luck" to some degree. I remember having to redo a lot of fights because of one misstep so I'm sure a lot of current solo's are like that too. You just see the recorded win but they don't show you their losses, so I don't see the point in bringing that up tbh.

Not necessarily. All of the mechanics for the NMs are known. If your strategy counteracts all possibilities of said NM, then it is all skill. If you misstep, that is not luck, that is a lack of skill.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-12-31 09:27:07
Link | Citer | R

When you're doing content that has a time limit, why bother keeping your HP capped at all times knowing that a specific mob/NM won't one-shot you in DT gear?
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-31 09:46:06
Link | Citer | R

Also all of these solos are "luck" to some degree. I remember having to redo a lot of fights because of one misstep so I'm sure a lot of current solo's are like that too. You just see the recorded win but they don't show you their losses, so I don't see the point in bringing that up tbh.

Not necessarily. All of the mechanics for the NMs are known. If your strategy counteracts all possibilities of said NM, then it is all skill. If you misstep, that is not luck, that is a lack of skill.

Not totally true, this game has randomized weapon skills/spells from majority of monsters. You can't possibly account for things like that or lag or who knows what. Actually dealing with that "luck" factor is what makes it fun and challenging and is what determines skill. Otherwise it would be like 14 where we would know the exact move it does at the exact % of HP.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-31 12:57:02
Link | Citer | R

Enemy behavior in XI is not deterministic, but it still functions within a limited set of parameters. If you can take any given sequence of actions and establish a means to counteract it, you can account for and essentially "solve" that situation. No in-game circumstances should catch a prepared soloist by surprise (everything occurs at a rate well within the range of decision-based reaction times), though outside factors (you mentioned lag) can occasionally affect things (and should thus also be minimized accordingly when possible). What soloing in XI really tests is your ability to prepare and execute said plans, to identify and correctly react to different situations.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-31 13:19:20
Link | Citer | R

People solo'd Oryx without trusts?
By Draylo 2016-01-01 00:46:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Enemy behavior in XI is not deterministic, but it still functions within a limited set of parameters. If you can take any given sequence of actions and establish a means to counteract it, you can account for and essentially "solve" that situation. No in-game circumstances should catch a prepared soloist by surprise (everything occurs at a rate well within the range of decision-based reaction times), though outside factors (you mentioned lag) can occasionally affect things (and should thus also be minimized accordingly when possible). What soloing in XI really tests is your ability to prepare and execute said plans, to identify and correctly react to different situations.

I get what you are saying and nobody is disputing that or saying its pure luck based. There is still a degree of luck in every single solo, regardless of how well you prepare. Which was my point to Protey in him pointing out that guys low HP as if his solo wasn't that great. Lag isn't an only factor, there are back to back terrible weaponskills, spell interruptions, resists on nukes or enfeebles, paralyzed when doing something important etc. You can't account for those every single time and dealing/reacting to that is part of skill. Any of those can catch any soloist by surprise, not sure how you can 100% prepare for that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-01-05 07:47:06
Link | Citer | R

Alphuachra, Bucca, Puca

[+]
 Asura.Katairyu
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Katairyu 2016-01-06 05:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
Alphuachra, Bucca, Puca

Nice one! Our first solo of 2016 actually brings Beastmaster up to the #2 spot, shifting Red Mage down to the #3 spot!

Also, with this we're down to exactly 50!
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-01-06 06:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Head Wind VD
[+]
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2016-01-07 07:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
Head Wind VD

Great video! This not only marks the first defeat of the Shikarees on VD, but it also beats the best times for Shikaree Y and Shikaree Z on D with new best times of 00:05:55 and 00:06:11 respectively!

This means we're down to 47!
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-07 15:46:11
Link | Citer | R

Sorry this took so long, was busy with work and whatnot. Putraxia here
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-07 18:08:14
Link | Citer | R

Plouton
Skip to 27:00 if you just want to see the MB fight. Took me ages to pop ._. Was very first attempt for both zones, so I was pretty slow popping/tanking since I've never done it before.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-07 18:41:37
Link | Citer | R

Peridien. Same dealio as Plouton
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-01-07 18:43:44
Link | Citer | R

Plouton
Skip to 28:00 if you just want to see the MB fight. Took me ages to pop ._.

Very impressive work. We had honestly expected this to happen sooner, considering Plouton's magical weakness. I suppose people probably hadn't been trying.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-01-07 18:59:55
Link | Citer | R

That last 3%... scary business. Good job Hiep!
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-07 19:05:55
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Yeah I didn't do any research on Plouton's TP moves .-. so I wasn't expecting ST20 lol somewhat panicked
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2016-01-08 05:34:10
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Wait what? I didn't catch that at all. What happened?

I haven't taken Plouton down yet, but with the other two we're down to 45! Nice work on the other solos though!

But yeah, can someone explain to me what happened at 1% on Plouton? I didn't see the cure anywhere.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-08 05:58:55
Link | Citer | R

Was a joke earlier in the run 4:00. He never actually cured me.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2016-01-08 08:18:37
Link | Citer | R

Was a joke earlier in the run 4:00. He never actually cured me.

Aha righto! Adding him to the list now, means we're down to 44!
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-08 11:59:14
Link | Citer | R

Was really laggy, but here we go. Pakecet
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-08 12:23:41
Link | Citer | R

Ironside
[+]
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2016-01-08 13:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Was really laggy, but here we go. Pakecet

Ironside

Wow you've been on fire in the last couple days! Removing the two from the list, we're down to 42!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 20 21 22