Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2014-07-30 17:27:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katairyu said: »
Added Atori-Tutori ??? to the list.

Why? Even without a tail, RUN just shits on him.

If you think damage cap is an issue, I can levy DNC/RUN too.
 Cerberus.Katairyu
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2014-07-31 03:05:50
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Added Atori-Tutori ??? to the list.

Why? Even without a tail, RUN just shits on him.

If you think damage cap is an issue, I can levy DNC/RUN too.

Yeah, I had it suggested to add him to the list but after the amount of people whom agree he's soloable I'll just strip him off now. xD
 Asura.Psylo
Serveur: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-07-31 03:18:57
Link | Citer | R

NEW! Mischief just soloed Provenance Watcher!:
YouTube Video Placeholder
Also guys, question: Are Bismarck & Morta soloable?
Nice, this one is on my list too ^^

I will try it soon, just need to finish to kill ADL 0/2 atm (always the bad clone die grrrr)
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2014-07-31 03:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Added Mingyi to the list!

Asura.Psylo said: »
NEW! Mischief just soloed Provenance Watcher!:
Also guys, question: Are Bismarck & Morta soloable?
Nice, this one is on my list too ^^

I will try it soon, just need to finish to kill ADL 0/2 atm (always the bad clone die grrrr)

I'd love to see that :D If you manage to solo any of the ones still on the list, let me know too so I can remove them :)
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2014-07-31 15:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Morta

Bismarck with displacers, Mingyi, Yumcax and Kumhau are soloable on SMN.
Odin V2 seems very feasible without the 10 min time restriction, got it down to 38% and killed the first wave of adds before timing out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2014-08-01 03:01:12
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Morta

Bismarck with displacers, Mingyi, Yumcax and Kumhau are soloable on SMN.
Odin V2 seems very feasible without the 10 min time restriction, got it down to 38% and killed the first wave of adds before timing out.

I think it's fair to remove Bismarck and Morta, but there's disagreement about Mingyi, Yumcax and Kumhau being soloable. So unless we can get some definite proof/a video, we can't really strip them from the list.
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2014-08-01 03:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Was just reading the comment's on Mischief's Dakuwaqa video here:

And I came across this:

"I can't really say that I soloed this, not completely. While I did solo the two chosen pre-NMs (Craklaw and Krabakarpo - yes they're the fastest out of the five) and the majority of the damage on Dakuwaqa, I didn't do everything. Shylou (the RNG with me) sac pulled to ensure no adds while fighting Dakuwaqa, and shot it a bit to help push it through the magic resistant phase. I honestly don't know if I would've made it had he not started shooting, considering Dakuwaqa died with 2 minutes left on the clock."

So I guess that means Dakuwaqa goes BACK ON THE LIST!
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2014-08-01 04:40:05
Link | Citer | R

What about Mellonia? (T2 Jeuno vw) Last I checked, it pops with a massive poison/amnesia/silence aura that can only be dispelled by proccing weakness, would make an interesting challenge since you wouldn't be able to throw pets at it, use waltz nor cast magic throughout the fight. Or maybe there's some gimmick to beat it I don't know about?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-08-01 06:08:30
Link | Citer | R

Mingyi the final boss of WoE? Can't remember exactly, but if it is, I soloed it on RDM awhile ago in Skirmish I / Delve I gear.

Fairly easy battle, the real battle is avoiding adds. When it uses the Sphere ability, the
"thirts for blood message" will appear, which means a random mob in that flux is on the way to you.

However, I discovered that the mob hasn't actually aggroed you when his message appears, it'll run to the exact position you were when the message occur, and if you aren't there, it has nothing to aggro. So simply change position when you see that message.

If you get an elemental, once they go to the area you were and, assuming you weren't still there to aggro, they will then run back to their spawn point. The same isn't true for a Caturae add, though. Once they arrive at your previous position, they will stay there, idle. Can be abit annoying if you get multiple Caturaes idle in your battle area, as it limits your area to move. The next bloodlust message could very well also make that Caturae whose already near you, move again.

It's almost impossible to survive solo with the boss+a Caturae add, so, yeah. Gonna wanna avoid 'em truly.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-08-01 06:28:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jkun said: »
What about Mellonia? (T2 Jeuno vw) Last I checked, it pops with a massive poison/amnesia/silence aura that can only be dispelled by proccing weakness, would make an interesting challenge since you wouldn't be able to throw pets at it, use waltz nor cast magic throughout the fight. Or maybe there's some gimmick to beat it I don't know about?

Tried sam/dnc, would have been fine if I'd been able to stagger it once for a new amnesia screen. Took it to 12% before I ran out of temps and the poison killed me.
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2014-08-01 07:51:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Asura.Jkun said: »

Tried sam/dnc, would have been fine if I'd been able to stagger it once for a new amnesia screen. Took it to 12% before I ran out of temps and the poison killed me.

It's probably soloable in that case, unless you guys think so, I won't bother adding it to the list.

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Mingyi the final boss of WoE? Can't remember exactly, but if it is, I soloed it on RDM awhile ago in Skirmish I / Delve I gear.

Fairly easy battle, the real battle is avoiding adds. When it uses the Sphere ability, the
"thirts for blood message" will appear, which means a random mob in that flux is on the way to you.

However, I discovered that the mob hasn't actually aggroed you when his message appears, it'll run to the exact position you were when the message occur, and if you aren't there, it has nothing to aggro. So simply change position when you see that message.

If you get an elemental, once they go to the area you were and, assuming you weren't still there to aggro, they will then run back to their spawn point. The same isn't true for a Caturae add, though. Once they arrive at your previous position, they will stay there, idle. Can be abit annoying if you get multiple Caturaes idle in your battle area, as it limits your area to move. The next bloodlust message could very well also make that Caturae whose already near you, move again.

It's almost impossible to survive solo with the boss+a Caturae add, so, yeah. Gonna wanna avoid 'em truly.

Well I'll take that as good enough evidence. Unless anyone thinks we need a video, we've got a couple people saying it's beatable now so I think it's fair to remove it from the list. :)
 Odin.Brocovich
Serveur: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2014-08-01 08:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

Well I'll take that as good enough evidence. Unless anyone thinks we need a video, we've got a couple people saying it's beatable now so I think it's fair to remove it from the list. :)[/quote]

I did WOE Flux 15 together with a friend. (BLU/WAR + BLU/DNC)
We killed all mobs in there and my friend died right after we engaged Mingyi... he didn't know that WOE has auto reraise so he HP'ed. I was still able to kill it... it wasn't easy but if you don't have to deal with adds it is possible
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2014-08-01 19:37:18
Link | Citer | R

I think it's fair to remove Bismarck and Morta, but there's disagreement about Mingyi, Yumcax and Kumhau being soloable. So unless we can get some definite proof/a video, we can't really strip them from the list.

By "are soloable on SMN" I mean I did them. I don't have a screenshot or a video as a proof though but what would make them impossible to solo with a Mythic Summoner?
Mingyi is a 1 min fight with Astral Conduit Flaming Crush. Yumcax's Discoid type attack and Kumhau's Paralyze Aura are not especially dangerous for SMN. Actually, Kumhau is the fastest Naakual to solo for me since Flaming Crush can easily exceed 20k and critical for 35-38k with Col.rate at 80%~.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2014-08-04 07:20:21
Link | Citer | R

By "are soloable on SMN" I mean I did them. I don't have a screenshot or a video as a proof though but what would make them impossible to solo with a Mythic Summoner?
Mingyi is a 1 min fight with Astral Conduit Flaming Crush. Yumcax's Discoid type attack and Kumhau's Paralyze Aura are not especially dangerous for SMN. Actually, Kumhau is the fastest Naakual to solo for me since Flaming Crush can easily exceed 20k and critical for 35-38k with Col.rate at 80%~.

I'll remove them from the list then :)
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2014-08-27 00:56:26
Link | Citer | R

Odin V2

The fight wasn't too difficult, mainly because Odin is one of the most predictable mobs in the game. However, there is still a part of luck below 50% with Breakga and Geirrothr, especially while fighting the last wave of adds (although I think Odin can't redo Geirrothr before a while so I decided to wait a bit before 39%).
Total damage dealt was close of 600k which is, despite how OP BPs are in these situations, an impressive amount for something pre-SoA.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-08-27 01:26:54
Link | Citer | R

Great job Papesse!
I need to look at the list see what's still on there lol, everyone is conquering these pretty well.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-27 03:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Most impressive!
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2014-09-01 07:24:26
Link | Citer | R

Odin V2

The fight wasn't too difficult, mainly because Odin is one of the most predictable mobs in the game. However, there is still a part of luck below 50% with Breakga and Geirrothr, especially while fighting the last wave of adds (although I think Odin can't redo Geirrothr before a while so I decided to wait a bit before 39%).
Total damage dealt was close of 600k which is, despite how OP BPs are in these situations, an impressive amount for something pre-SoA.

I'm very impressed! Will remove him from the list! :D

Carbuncle.Legato said: »
Great job Papesse!
I need to look at the list see what's still on there lol, everyone is conquering these pretty well.

Literally at this point it's just the final bosses for Legion, Delve and Very Difficult High-Tier Battlefields.

They number 27 in total, so at this point if anyone can solo any of it they're pretty much legendary.
By Gerion 2014-09-01 11:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Lancelord is the only high tier battlefield weak to magic; for most of the other ones I would be surprised if they could be solo'd on normal, let alone difficult. You should put all D back on the list except for Lancelord.
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2014-09-02 02:52:36
Link | Citer | R

Gerion said: »
Lancelord is the only high tier battlefield weak to magic; for most of the other ones I would be surprised if they could be solo'd on normal, let alone difficult. You should put all D back on the list except for Lancelord.

Fair point, I've seen numerous Normal solos but very few difficult ones, I'll go ahead and set them all back to Difficult except for Lancelord :)
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-02 03:06:08
Link | Citer | R

I've personally soloed Gessho on normal, and I know some JP RDM has done the same. Theres a bunch soloable on Normal, like the Mithran trackers. Anything above would be impressive though.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-09-02 04:08:20
Link | Citer | R

Seeing as how in the OP it says "under any conditions" I'd like to add some unsoloable 75-era mobs for players using lvl 75 jobs.

75, 99, 119.. It's all pretty much the same just different options of gear & mobs to fight.

Byakko, Dark Ixion, Fafnir, Nidhogg, Jailer of Faith, Jailer of Justice, Aspidochelone, King Behemoth, Cerberus, Kurrea, Shen, Devout Radol Ja, Jailer of Hope, Bomb Queen, Vouivre, Jailer of Prudence, Mother Globe, Gotoh Zha the Redolent, Achamoth, Krabkatoa, Blobdingnag, Orcus, Verthandi, Lord Ruthven, Dawon, Tammuz, "Follow the White Rabbit", "Shell We Dance?", "When Hell Freezes Over", "Totentanz", "Copycat", "Seasons Greetings", "Eye of the Storm", "Royale Ramble", "Today's Horoscope", "Infernal Swarm", "Moa Constrictors", "Prehistoric Pigeons", "Cactuar Suave"

All mobs listed have yet to have a recorded solo that I'm aware of. Didn't add some mobs that would be completely impossible; Tiamat, PW, Kirin, etc..

Also, not only is it unsoloable, but still to this date never had a legit kill at 75(Excluding wall of justice, patched DRK zerg, & Perfect Defense) Good ol' Absolute Virtue.(Would love to be proven wrong on this)
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-09-02 20:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Most of those are just as impossible as Tiamat etc, aside from KB/JoH/Tammuz and perhaps Fafnir/Cerberus/Lord Ruthven.

Can't remember how resistant Lord Ruthven is to Slow, wanna say fairly.

Some others can be added though, if we're strictly speaking Lv.75:

-Hydra
-Khimaira
-Vrtra
-Jormungund
-King Vinegarroon
-Tinnin
-Tyger
-Sarameya

Positive there is more, but those are the ones coming to me at the moment. Didn't care to even think about Abyssea NMs.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-02 21:29:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Upbeatglitch said: »
Seeing as how in the OP it says "under any conditions" I'd like to add some unsoloable 75-era mobs for players using lvl 75 jobs.

75, 99, 119.. It's all pretty much the same just different options of gear & mobs to fight.

Byakko, Dark Ixion, Fafnir, Nidhogg, Jailer of Faith, Jailer of Justice, Aspidochelone, King Behemoth, Cerberus, Kurrea, Shen, Devout Radol Ja, Jailer of Hope, Bomb Queen, Vouivre, Jailer of Prudence, Mother Globe, Gotoh Zha the Redolent, Achamoth, Krabkatoa, Blobdingnag, Orcus, Verthandi, Lord Ruthven, Dawon, Tammuz, "Follow the White Rabbit", "Shell We Dance?", "When Hell Freezes Over", "Totentanz", "Copycat", "Seasons Greetings", "Eye of the Storm", "Royale Ramble", "Today's Horoscope", "Infernal Swarm", "Moa Constrictors", "Prehistoric Pigeons", "Cactuar Suave"

All mobs listed have yet to have a recorded solo that I'm aware of. Didn't add some mobs that would be completely impossible; Tiamat, PW, Kirin, etc..

Also, not only is it unsoloable, but still to this date never had a legit kill at 75(Excluding wall of justice, patched DRK zerg, & Perfect Defense) Good ol' Absolute Virtue.(Would love to be proven wrong on this)

I could have sworn Avesta solo'd Byakko at 75, but I can't seem to find it.

edit: I still can't find the video (original host is no longer active) but I guess it was at 80 cap. Still VERY impressive.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-02 21:33:47
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

edit: I still can't find the video (original host is no longer active) but I guess it was at 80 cap. Still VERY impressive.

He did.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-09-03 01:51:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

He did.
I saw the video back in the day, it was definitely 80 cap. They released a duo vid first.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-03 02:21:39
Link | Citer | R

I'll ask. But I'm almost certain ArchDominus and Lunarians both got legit AV kills.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-09-03 03:28:37
Link | Citer | R

I made a first try on AV as RDM/SCH, after 1hour, i give up cause BRD charm spam, best i do is get down to 46%.

Next try i will come as RDM/NIN to cancel brd charm spam.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-09-03 08:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Maiden's Virelai in addition to going right through Utsusemi, also completely strips them.

The Charm is the main problem I came across when I attempted to solo aswell, but there is also the small chance of a Meteor doing an upwards of 3,000 or so damage on a full land, which will happen, eventually. (For reference, I ate one for 3,500-ish with capped Shell, capped Phalanx, a number of MDB--idr exactly, and a fairly strong SS up at the time).

Your best bet might be /BRD Light Carol, and a full M.EVA set for when he starts using Virelai. Switch back to March when he's finished the volley of Virelai.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 20 21 22