Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-13 16:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Leviathan.Protey said: »
O, everyone I have been talking to said they couldn't get anywhere near soloing it. I only tried it once and it took me forever due to weakness moves, stealing buffs that can't be dispelled (maybe finale can?) so I thought it would be difficult to solo. But if others are clearing it no problem without any aid then so be it.
It's a joke, I soloed it in 1 minute 5 seconds on SMN without hardly trying. No conduit, no food, just three Flaming Crushes and down it went.

I wouldn't say its a joke, its one of the more difficult story battles they've done. Pet jobs are OP atm they can avoid almost all mechanics and status effects etc. I wouldn't call something a joke just because a pet job did it.

Yea, there are a lot of people that don't count pet kills as legitimate solos. The reason for this is that if "you" are soloing an NM then the NM should be attacking "you" and not some other entity, whether the other entity be another player, trust, pet, etc. A lot of people think that calling a pet to go fight for you is no different than calling a trust to go fight for you.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-11-13 16:53:59
Link | Citer | R

It's actually pretty hard to lose the final RoV fight if you're aware of the mechanics involved.

For that matter, is it even possible to re-enter the BC solo if you've already cleared it or would you have to have someone else take you in?
By Draylo 2015-11-13 17:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Not to say I think it absolutely deserves a spot in this thread, I just think "joke" is going a little far tbh. They did it pretty well for a story battle as its not just couple ws > dead like most story battles.
 Phoenix.Teorem
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2015-11-13 19:39:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
It's actually pretty hard to lose the final RoV fight if you're aware of the mechanics involved.

It's most definitely soloable, but it's not hard at all to lose this fight.

The fight could be considered a "joke," but in the sense that most content is similarly a joke when your Flaming Crush is dealing 50k+ a shot. I didn't think my equipment was *that* terrible, but my FC was dealing only 10k which was but a small fraction of its total HP. This stretched out the fight considerably and gave plenty of opportunities for things to go downhill (most specifically, trusts getting taken out after getting hit by that weakness and/or Max HP Down special and a subsequent AoE melee attack before Curaga went off or Erase gets Bind instead).
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2015-11-13 20:26:47
Link | Citer | R

It was pretty cake as BLM, tbh.
Mine isn't even overly crazy geared. NQ Amalric Body/Hands/Feet, Lathi. But I just used Amchuchu, KingofHearts, Arciela 1, Yoran-Oran and Zeid 2.
Ran in engaged, locked off of the NM and cast from a distance, so I could watch the background bits. KingofDerp died, BuT tHAt'S nO bIg DEaL.
Just stop nukes during glowy / absorby time.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2015-11-16 04:33:52
Link | Citer | R

Urmahlullu
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Katairyu
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-11-16 06:47:19
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
Urmahlullu

Good job! Now we're down to 45!
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-16 11:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Need to add Teles to the Undefeated section. I haven't attempted the new T3s yet, so someone else will need to chime in on if they should be added to the unsoloable list.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-16 11:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Need to add Teres to the Undefeated section. I haven't attempted the new T3s yet, so someone else will need to chime in on if they should be added to the unsoloable list.
It's Teles, and it appears to be a HELM NM in Reisenjima. No word yet on pop items, though it may involve the "void" items found in the zone.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-11-16 11:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Need to add Teres to the Undefeated section. I haven't attempted the new T3s yet, so someone else will need to chime in on if they should be added to the unsoloable list.
It's Teles, and it appears to be a HELM NM in Reisenjima. No word yet on pop items, though it may involve the "void" items found in the zone.

Gotcha, will add it now!

Also added the Tier III Reisenjima to the unsoloable list: Maju, Neak & Yakshi!

We're up to 49!
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-19 04:59:50
Link | Citer | R

Here we go boizzz!!
[+]
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-11-20 07:11:52
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

Here we go boizzz!!

Nice! That's the last of the HTB AAs squashed! We're down to 47!
 Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh
user: Nigosh
By Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh 2015-11-20 08:02:05
Link | Citer | R

That might count aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqy_kTUNov8
[+]
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-11-21 17:18:23
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Nigosh said: »

Actually that time is already on the list as the best time for ADL! :)
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-22 07:47:22
Link | Citer | R

Many of the new Reisenjima zone NMs are probably unsoloable. This one one of them i doubted it's soloablillity. Another being a Tonberry called Mauve-wristed Gomberry.
Many of the T1s and T2s i doubt their soloabillity too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2015-11-22 08:55:08
Link | Citer | R

The Celestial Nexus VD BST Solo

Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-11-22 14:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Many of the new Reisenjima zone NMs are probably unsoloable. This one one of them i doubted it's soloablillity. Another being a Tonberry called Mauve-wristed Gomberry.
Many of the T1s and T2s i doubt their soloabillity too.

Which ones should be added to the list do you think?

The Celestial Nexus VD BST Solo

Right, will strike it off the list! :)

We're down to 46!
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-22 15:20:06
Link | Citer | R

From Reisenjima for sure need to be added are:
T1s)
Mauve-wristed Gomberry
Sabotender Royal
Golden Kist(Zombie Aura, i have to say goodluck!)
Crom Dubh
T2)
Old Shuck
Strophadia
T3)
Maju
Neak
Yakshi

All of these should be listed as unsoloable, but beaten.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2015-11-22 17:16:04
Link | Citer | R

Kam'lanaut VD

[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-11-22 17:30:43
Link | Citer | R

T1s)
Mauve-wristed Gomberry
Sabotender Royal
Crom Dubh
T2)
Old Shuck
Strophadia
T3)
Maju
Neak
Yakshi

Smn friend of mine solo'd the sabotender last night, possibly with trusts but id be surprised if he couldnt do it without. As for the dullahan, i solo'd it on my first attempt with trusts who died about 30% of the way through. I'm sure some of the far superior sch's could do it no problem if I can do the last 70%ish with no trusts, even though i had plenty of sketchy moments lol. As for the mimic, i have some ideas for a solo with trusts, but no clue how to do it without. I know it only counts with video proof, but i dont expect the dullahan and sabotender to be on this list long.
By Felgarr 2015-11-22 17:32:30
Link | Citer | R

Kam'lanaut VD

Can you comment on how many biscuits / mulsums / pets you used? (How do you prepare for a VD fight personally?)

Edit: Beaztmaster, do you also happen to have list of alias for /bstpet commands? I really like /razorfang, there.

Also, how did you call your pet so quickly? I didn't see a blink for Ankusa Gloves+1, for example, when you switched pets in the Delkfutt's video).
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2015-11-22 18:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
Can you comment on how many biscuits / mulsums / pets you used? (How do you prepare for a VD fight personally?)

Tons. Depends on the fight. Fights like Kam'lanaut I probably use 30ish whereas fights like AA HM, U/O, Promathia can force me to use 60+. I'll usually do the fight on N first to get familiar with what I need to look out for, the range on certain moves, damage types, or if I need to move anywhere or move the NM anywhere, etc; basic considerations. I try not to use more than one pet unless I need to Run Wild/Unleash on a specific phase (i.e. better to unleash Exoplate phase of Eald'narche because it's safer to stand in range to spam ready moves)

Edit: Beaztmaster, do you also happen to have list of alias for /bstpet commands? I really like /razorfang, there.

I just type out the name of the ready move as a single word (/readymove) instead of using /bstpet commands, I'm just more used to it. If I wanted to take it further I could just make aliases for razor fang to be recognized with /rf.

Also, how did you call your pet so quickly? I didn't see a blink for Ankusa Gloves+1, for example, when you switched pets in the Delkfutt's video).

I never blink for armor changes because of lockstyle (i.e. hands for Call Beast/BL). I only blink when I change my main/sub weapon types, and intentionally so that I don't need to stop moving.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-11-23 11:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
T1s)
Mauve-wristed Gomberry
Sabotender Royal
Crom Dubh
T2)
Old Shuck
Strophadia
T3)
Maju
Neak
Yakshi

Smn friend of mine solo'd the sabotender last night, possibly with trusts but id be surprised if he couldnt do it without. As for the dullahan, i solo'd it on my first attempt with trusts who died about 30% of the way through. I'm sure some of the far superior sch's could do it no problem if I can do the last 70%ish with no trusts, even though i had plenty of sketchy moments lol. As for the mimic, i have some ideas for a solo with trusts, but no clue how to do it without. I know it only counts with video proof, but i dont expect the dullahan and sabotender to be on this list long.

It appears that the T1s are probably soloable, but the T2s might not be, so I'll add the T2s to the list.

Kam'lanaut VD

Very impressive, you guys over on Quetz have been on a roll lately, been seeing all your new LS videos over on your channel too!

Anywhoo, that means we're back at 50!
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-23 11:28:02
Link | Citer | R

Golden Kist would not be an easy solo no way.
Same goes for that tonberry tbh.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-11-23 11:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Golden Kist would not be an easy solo no way.
Same goes for that tonberry tbh.

Okay, I'll add them to the list then, so we're on 52!
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-11-23 12:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Again, I refer to the fact that all Escha zones now with 11mil silt you can buy a Brew, there for all t1 t2 t3 Should be Soloable and off this list. Has it been done yet? Not sure but it has a 100% win chance for sure.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-23 12:32:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Again, I refer to the fact that all Escha zones now with 11mil silt you can buy a Brew, there for all t1 t2 t3 Should be Soloable and off this list. Has it been done yet? Not sure but it has a 100% win chance for sure.

Obvious reasoning doesn't fly with some of the people on this thread. For instance, the dragons are obviously solo by anyone by just DoTing/dieing/reraise because they do not regen and when they depop/repop they still have the reduced HP. The only thing stopping from calling it solo is the chance that someone else might attack it even though logically it is obviously able to be solo'd. In other words: until it has happened it doesn't count.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-23 12:51:34
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
I still think people are interested in non brew kills because it takes a week or so to farm that much silt.

The Shinryu solo listed on OP is using a brew.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22