Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1372 1373 1374 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2016-03-25 12:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
The same left and the same media that has been repeating the lie incessantly for 6 months that Donald Trump thinks all Mexicans are murderers and rapists based off one misquote out of context in one speech that he corrected and clarified a hundred times since.

Much like the "you didn't build that" partial out-of-context quote?

That must suck.

Or we could just admit that both sides have media champions that like to be *** about things.

There was nothing out-of-context about "you didn't build that." He and all Democrats stuck behind that.

It was and is massively taken out of context. But whatever. No one wants to back down an inch from anything, it's the internet and everyone's a tough guy.

*shrug*

Paged.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-25 12:41:01
Link | Citer | R

DONALD YOU'RE A SNIVELING COWARD, LEAVE HEIDI THE HELL ALONE.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-25 13:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Altimaomega said: »
No meetings,
Talking to the Dems, sure.

Now where did I put that Checkmate pic...

Talking to Democrat senators is like talking with Obama, it doesn't mean anything to Mitch McConnell. The Dems don't set the agenda, the dems don't hold hearings. This isn't rocket science, you aren't making any points, and its not going to go away because conservatives want it to. This is the only thing the Senate has to do this year.
There we go folks. Talking to democrat Senators is the same as talking to Obama, no compromise at all. For a party that claims to want to work with Republicans, this mindset is all but.

Just like 2008-2010 all over again. Except this time, democrats are not in power.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-25 13:11:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
No meetings,

Talking to Democrat senators is like talking with Obama, it doesn't mean anything to Mitch McConnell. The Dems don't set the agenda, the dems don't hold hearings. This isn't rocket science, you aren't making any points, and its not going to go away because conservatives want it to. This is the only thing the Senate has to do this year.
There we go folks. Talking to democrat Senators is the same as talking to Obama, no compromise at all. For a party that claims to want to work with Republicans, this mindset is all but.

Just like 2008-2010 all over again. Except this time, democrats are not in power.

Uhhh, what? Nope, this makes no sense at all as related to Senate hearings. Looks like you made Pleebo's point for him, moving the goalposts. Well done.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-25 13:12:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
DONALD YOU'RE A SNIVELING COWARD, LEAVE HEIDI THE HELL ALONE.
Yeah, why can't we just bash the politicians themselves? Why do we have to get their family members involved?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-25 13:13:46
Link | Citer | R

No meetings,

Uhhh, what? Nope, this makes no sense at all as related to Senate hearings. Looks like you made Pleebo's point for him, moving the goalposts. Well done.
Do you even know what the phrase "moving the goalpost" means?

If you do, why not prove it. Point to everyone where that phrase applies to the post you quoted.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-25 13:16:48
Link | Citer | R

... what?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-25 13:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

... what?
Why did you quote me?

Vic said it, not me.

Ask him what he means by that.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-25 13:18:55
Link | Citer | R

I understood his post. I don't understood the mini-stroke that led to what you replied with.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-25 13:19:25
Link | Citer | R

... what?

Like I said, it makes NO sense.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-25 13:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Edit: I shouldn't rise to Pleebo's and Vic's bait.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-25 13:39:31
Link | Citer | R

No, you did not "basically repeat what I said." You spun the topic to something completely unrelated. Garland has sat down with the Dem senators. They all endorse him. Mitch McConnell doesn't care. No hearings. So how does this connect to your allegation that the Dems don't want to compromise? It doesn't.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-25 13:44:21
Link | Citer | R

No, you did not "basically repeat what I said." You spun the topic to something completely unrelated. Garland has sat down with the Dem senators. They all endorse him. Mitch McConnell doesn't care. No hearings. So how does this connect to your allegation that the Dems don't want to compromise? It doesn't.
Talking to Democrat senators is like talking with Obama
There we go folks. Talking to democrat Senators is the same as talking to Obama
Just so I don't say anything that may be considered harassment, I did repeat what you said.

As for your original point, Merrick Garland is meeting with the Judicial committee's democrat Senators. Even though the Republicans will still vote no, the Senate is still doing what they would have done with any nominee, which is for the Judicial Senate committee to first interview the nominee before discussing it with the Senate body at whole. It does NOT matter if the whole committee is talking to Merrick or not.

Don't you even know procedures?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-25 13:47:35
Link | Citer | R

Talking to Democrat senators is like talking with Obama, it doesn't mean anything to Mitch McConnell.

Pretty sure it's supposed to be read like this
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-25 13:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Don't you even know procedures?

The player with the best score on the previous hole has the honour of teeing off first.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-25 13:54:06
Link | Citer | R

Oh I am very familiar with procedures, however, the Judicial Committee is not meeting with Garland. He talked to the Dems, independent of the official committee. The committee chairman is on the record in saying there will be no official meeting, no hearing, no vote. So it hasn't even made it to the committee, much less to a vote, much less out of the committee.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-25 13:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Garland has sat down with the Dem senators
I never thought he would, I thought he was a pretty hardcore conservative

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-25 14:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Talking to Democrat senators is like talking with Obama, it doesn't mean anything to Mitch McConnell.

That's not the point. The point is, a known liberal, who claims to be in the party of "compromise," is unwilling to compromise when it comes to anything Republicans do.

Which is what I said. Multiple times. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Garland has sat down with the Dem senators
I never thought he would, I thought he was a pretty hardcore conservative

He is libertarian. Get it right!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-25 14:05:45
Link | Citer | R

That's not the point. The point is, a known liberal, who claims to be in the party of "compromise," is unwilling to compromise when it comes to anything Republicans do.

Which is what I said. Multiple times. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Because it doesn't make sense in this case? At all? Obama nominated a moderate, which is what conservatives both on Capitol Hill and this website advocated he do. He nominated someone that Republicans have lauded for years, someone that Orrin Hatch personally endorsed a few weeks before the nomination. So how exactly is Obama not compromising in this specific case?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-25 14:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Why is this so hard for people to understand?
Because it has nothing to do with the topic being discussed.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-25 14:14:13
Link | Citer | R

yeah you guys lost me...what the hell are we arguing about again?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-25 14:33:46
Link | Citer | R

Because it doesn't make sense in this case? At all? Obama nominated a moderate, which is what conservatives both on Capitol Hill and this website advocated he do. He nominated someone that Republicans have lauded for years, someone that Orrin Hatch personally endorsed a few weeks before the nomination. So how exactly is Obama not compromising in this specific case?
Please tell me why you think he is a moderate. I read a couple of his cases and he doesn't seem like a moderate in his responses to me.

Also, when Mitch said that the Senate isn't appointing a replacement for Scalia, and Obama nominates somebody anyway, that isn't somebody looking to compromise, but somebody looking to embarrass Mitch. No leadership at all. Just vindictive, petty posturing.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-25 14:34:49
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Edit: I shouldn't rise to Pleebo's and Vic's bait.
I would love to see paintball or something

Pleebo Vic jet
Vs
Altima KN ravael

Get everyone out for some fun and some stress relief ftw
I bet ffxiah could make a lot of money taking bets on the game.
And it can all go to site maintenance.
I wouldn't put it past some people to aim for the nuts. So, if this were to happen, wear a cup, and make it durable.

What am I saying, of course I would aim for the baby maker!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-25 14:36:39
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

yeah you guys lost me...what the hell are we arguing about again?
Obama nominated a reasonable candidate and Republicans acted predictably.
By Ramyrez 2016-03-25 14:37:40
Link | Citer | R

KN.

I found this picture. I can't find it pre-captioned right now, but it read "Mexican food so authentic that Donald Trump would build a wall around it" and it felt relevant to us and P&R this week.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-25 14:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Damn, now I want some street tacos

[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-03-25 14:41:28
Link | Citer | R

paintball
I wouldn't shoot Rav.

Ramyrez said: »
pre
post*
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-25 14:41:44
Link | Citer | R

ISIS at it again

Bombed a park after a football game in Iskanderiyah, south of Baghdad, and killed 30 people and injured 70

In Belgium they stopped 11 people from being able to enter the 2 nuclear power plants by withdrawing their passes after reports that the terrorists who attacked Brussels had plans for a dirty bomb

The two brothers (El Bakraoui) apparently spied on a researcher at Tihange. They had a camera outside his house to monitor his routine.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-25 14:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
paintball
I wouldn't shoot Rav.
That's why he's on my team!

Nobody would want to shoot Rav. But I will end up the most colorful of the group.

*Stop shooting me Altima, I'm on your team!*
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1372 1373 1374 ... 1375 1376 1377