Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 56 57 58
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-02 08:21:59
Link | Citer | R

Yup, that pizza place is done for. I mean, just look at Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby and how effective the protests against them were.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 08:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of things that are wastes of time: Yelp. Their business practices are quite ***.

Also who looks at a review of pizza it is either good or bad. This isn't fine dining...

That would like me going to Yelp to review Domino's pizza.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-02 08:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Yup, that pizza place is done for. I mean, just look at Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby and how effective the protests against them were.

If Memories Pizza was a major chain like Chick-Fil-A, then sure they'd have a fighting chance. But a single Mom-and-Pop store? Or even a small local chain? Dead in the water.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 08:26:05
Link | Citer | R

If I were to review Yelp I'd say: It benefits from the yuppie crowd that smells it's own farts. They smugness of the website appeals to the people that think their opinions matter.

It used to be the fun of going out to eat was not knowing what to expect. Now we have an entire website dedicated to telling you what to think before you eat the food.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Serveur: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 08:30:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

If Memories Pizza was a major chain like Chick-Fil-A, then sure they'd have a fighting chance. But a single Mom-and-Pop store? Or even a small local chain? Dead in the water.

Yeah, this is what I was going to say. The others are major chains that have things like "assets" and "cash reserves".

A local place like that can do quite well in its own right, but it can't weather the type of blowback that comes from making a statement 70% of the country views as malicious.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-02 08:33:46
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
They have raised 58k on a go fund me. http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza

And this just proved my point that I made earlier. Go ahead, react with uncontained anger at these people and make them too afraid to keep their business open. When things settle down and the owners are making more money than ever, you can sit and wonder how your outrage turned someone else into the victim yet again, inadvertently making things better for them in the long run.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 08:35:30
Link | Citer | R

The funny thing is, while I think they deserve whatever financial downturn they get for this (again, the threats are a seperate thing that I don't condone), I also think these review websites are completely idiotic anyhow.

Who the *** actually goes to Yelp for anything but comedy, if even for that?

If you've ever been to restaurant more than once you know damn well you're going to see some middle age jackass haggling about their bill, complaining that the food wasn't just right, or upset that the server didn't smile enough at their bratty *** child.

And that person probably went home to *** about the establishment on teh intarwebz.

Meanwhile you go, get good service, have a good meal, therefor you tip well...then go home, have a few more drinks and have sex with your wife.

You've got better things to do than write reviews online.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 08:36:38
Link | Citer | R

They have raised 58k on a go fund me.

http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza

And if they don't stay open, do they give that money back?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-02 08:41:16
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
We don't filter out laws through Christian beliefs, sorry. Having to serve your entire community does not place an undue burden on the practice of your religion. Laws that promote "religious freedom" (in quotes because that's not actually what's being promoted) have no legal backing and won't stand up to any legal scrutiny.

It's hilarious to see the last holdouts on LGBT rights wet their pants over the prospect that their once popular beliefs being left by the wayside. You lost, ***. Get over it. The LGBT community won't be packing it up and heading back into the closet.
Pleebo clearly condones threatening people with death in order to get his way. Pretty disgusting...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-02 08:46:57
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
They have raised 58k on a go fund me.

http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza

And if they don't stay open, do they give that money back?
Nope they get that money just for being "bigots"
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-02 08:54:54
Link | Citer | R

Holy crap, that Gofundme page looks to be making many thousands of dollars per hour. It's already up to $69k as of me posting this, which is over a thousand dollars more than when I refreshed one minute ago.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-02 08:56:18
Link | Citer | R

Glen Beck had the guy on his show and is plugging the page like crazy. I must admit I was feeling pretty bad for them this morning when I heard about it, but thankfully America isn't as dead as I had feared.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-02 08:57:52
Link | Citer | R

$72.5k. Look at the timestamp between this and my last post.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 08:58:41
Link | Citer | R

What if all this is a marketing ploy to raise money. Pretty smart !
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-02 09:00:15
Link | Citer | R

Either they have a lot of Christian supporters with money to burn, or the owner of Memories Pizza is laundering drug money.

Or perhaps, perhaps, the owner of Memories Pizza is just channeling store profits into the website to make it seem like they have a lot of support...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-02 09:00:22
Link | Citer | R

What if all this is a marketing ploy to raise money. Pretty smart !
Did you watch that news report I posted before, I'm pretty sure this is just a "gotcha" news story that is a shining example of media bias.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 09:00:32
Link | Citer | R

Sorta like Starbucks race together ***.

Hey guys let's end racism:

Market guy: Let's put words of racial equality on overpriced coffee !

CEO: Brilliant if people hate it or love it we still win !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-02 09:04:22
Link | Citer | R

83k now. The liberals clearly showed them who's boss. I wonder what monetary value we can place on the word "backfire" before it's all said and done.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-02 09:05:15
Link | Citer | R

Either they have a lot of Christian supporters with money to burn, or the owner of Memories Pizza is laundering drug money.
They don't need devout christian supporters. I haven't been to church in 15 years and I gave em 20 bucks.

Btw 84k now
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-02 09:05:32
Link | Citer | R

83k now. The liberals clearly showed them who's boss. I wonder what monetary value we can place on the word "backfire" before it's all said and done.
Just under half of a million.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 09:05:51
Link | Citer | R

See it's this type of mentality why people hate politics. Let's put gay people vs straight. One epic battle to see who's sexuality reigns supreme !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-02 09:06:44
Link | Citer | R

Sorta like Starbucks race together ***.

Hey guys let's end racism:

Market guy: Let's put words of racial equality on overpriced coffee !

CEO: Brilliant if people hate it or love it we still win !
No I just meant that they look/sound like pretty simple people.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 09:07:13
Link | Citer | R

The whole situation is sad no matter how you look at it.

So...congratulations? Keep celebrating your bigoted beliefs, I guess?

It will never cease to amaze me how people rally around hate.

Or perhaps, perhaps, the owner of Memories Pizza is just channeling store profits into the website to make it seem like they have a lot of support...

I honestly would guess it's the first option.

Look at how many puppets give money to televangelists spewing hate all the time.

Add in the people like Nausi who want to support them just because he hates gay people and wants to stick it to the dirty liberals...
By fonewear 2015-04-02 09:08:09
Link | Citer | R

Due to culturally diversity everyone has to be the same. We aren't allowed to express our opinions only the opinions of the collective.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-02 09:09:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Emoneaone said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Well I heard big money has come out against this law, so it'll go away soon enough. I think we can stop caring about it now.

My question is, how can a person say he/she won't serve gays specifically because they're gay, and in the very next sentence say they don't have anything against gay people?

Please reread. It isn't not refusing to serving folks because they are gay. I'd let anyone buy my pastries or what not. But I won't involve myself in an event (by supplying a "wedding cake") that directly contravenes my deeply held religious beliefs.
One is general commerce. The other is a direct contribution/involvement in an activity I hold sinful.
There is a difference, if you'd open your closed mind enough to see it.
Would you serve people that have already been divorced once and are getting remarried? Those that engaged in premarital sexual intercourse?

The problem here is it always seems that these stances all take a stop at gay marriage and nothing else.

I always wonder what people will say to god when god asks about how they treated their fellow man.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 09:12:57
Link | Citer | R

And to think I thought Lilith Fair was a *** fest...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-02 09:14:05
Link | Citer | R

It will never cease to amaze me how people rally around hate.

And it will never cease to amaze me that the people frothing at the mouths on the other side of the fence don't realize that hate is the very thing they're using as a weapon against it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-02 09:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Add in the people like Nausi who want to support them just because he hates gay people and wants to stick it to the dirty liberals...
Projecting another argument.

You should really check that.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 09:14:50
Link | Citer | R

And to think I thought Lilith Fair was a *** fest...

Yeah, see, the problem is, you had that thought in the first place.

Then again, sometimes you're joking, sometimes you're entirely serious, and sometimes you're hiding your serious sentiments behind jokes to make them come off as softer.

It can be hard to tease the three apart sometimes. -.-;
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-02 09:15:00
Link | Citer | R

The whole situation is sad no matter how you look at it.

Dude, you simply don't understand faith, bigotry, discrimination, or hate.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 56 57 58