Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 56 57 58
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-04-02 04:53:02
Link | Citer | R

Oh boy. It's 2015 and people are still debating civil liberties of LGBT people vs the right for religion to persecute them for existing?

I'll make this pretty short. What exactly is the problem for a gay person or persons get married to each other, or want to enter a pizza joint run by so-called Christians? Is it because the Bible says so? Let's take a look at what the Bible has to say:

Quote:
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

There we have it. The Bible is pretty clear, albeit very brief on the subject.

But wait! There's more! Let's see what else the Bible, particularly Leviticus has to say:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus%2020-27&version=NIV

Quote:
18 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people.

A real man loves his woman any time of the month, but if they do they're not allowed in MY restaurant!

Quote:
9 “‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.

Gee. I should have killed my 3 year old son at least a dozen times already. Shame on me for not doing that.

Quote:
10 “‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

This is hilarious. Where is the Christian outrage for people who do this? Oh wait, half of them are guilty of this themselves.

Quote:
12 “‘If a man has sexual relations with his daughter-in-law, both of them are to be put to death. What they have done is a perversion; their blood will be on their own heads.

Et tu, Woody Allen? So many sinners to put to death.

Quote:
27 “‘A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.’”

This one is very clear. If you meet one of those hippy-dippy spiritual types, you MUST stone them to death-- otherwise you are the one who is sinning.

I could go on like this, but I'm sure even the most flat-headed dullards get the point by now. Not only are these all real quotes from the Bible, but they're all from the same section that condemns homosexuality.

So... why aren't we all out in a massive kill-frenzy stoning these people to death? Where's that Second Amendment I saw-- where's it at? Lock and load and go out guns blazin' for the lord! What's that? You're not gonna? Is it because you're too lazy and complacent with your comfortable little nothing of a life to sacrifice yourself what you believe in? Or is it because you don't actually believe the *** about your religion having anything at all to do with any of this?

Could it be, after all, that you just think gays are "icky" and don't want to admit to something so childish? Do you really believe, after all, that using your religion as a shield to rationalize your prejudice make you sound any less like some uneducated backwater ***? The world is laughing at you. Grow up. If you don't like gay people, don't hang out with them. If you don't like gay sex, don't do it. This debate was over decades ago.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-02 05:42:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Calling people bigots or any other name, whether fitting or not, isn't winning anybody to the cause. Keep up the tactics that only entrench people further, Pleebo. It seems to be working out just dandy for you.
That's the acceptable liberal tactic though.

ISIS? 100% Bush's fault and don't you dare place any blame on innocent Obama or you are a racist ***.

Obamacare? 100% Republicans plan and don't you dare point out the fact that 0 Republicans actually voted for it, or you just want to take medical insurance away from the disabled retired veterans.

2008 Financial Crisis? 100% banks fault and don't you dare point out that Clinton's administration pretty much forced banks to take bad loans, nor the people actually taking the bad loans helped cause it, or you are an evil greedy corporalist.

The political divide in the nation? 100% Republicans fault and don't you dare point out that it's both side's fault for the hatred among each other, or you are a fearmonger ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-04-02 05:49:48
Link | Citer | R

100%
95%
80%
80%

Going back to the second point, I always wondered who was actually stupid enough to fall for political theater. If even the dumbest hillbillies can figure out that wrestling is fake, I want to know why the ever wise KB can't figure that much of what comes out of most of our politicians is nothing more than carefully scripted dialogue handed down from think tanks and propagandist.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-02 06:45:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
100%
95%
80%
80%

Thanks again for proving my point. Obviously the point (even though I spelled it out for you) escapes you, you proved it regardless.

Going back to the second point, I always wondered who was actually stupid enough to fall for political theater. If even the dumbest hillbillies can figure out that wrestling is fake, I want to know why the ever wise KB can't figure that much of what comes out of most of our politicians is nothing more than carefully scripted dialogue handed down from think tanks and propagandist.
Hi Lordgrim. Anything else you want to add?

Are you going to start posting YT videos from infowars and claim that it's fact?

Or are you going to hold people responsible for their own actions? I highly doubt it, since you still want to say that Obamacare is fully and completely a Republican plan, even though absolutely no Republicans supports it, and a significant portion actually wants to repeal it. That's obviously full and complete support to you, isn't it?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-04-02 06:50:04
Link | Citer | R

I think this is also where you accuse me of strawman and then pat yourself on the shoulder.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-02 06:52:12
Link | Citer | R

I think this is also where you accuse me of strawman and then pat yourself on the shoulder.
Like you just did?
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Serveur: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 07:16:00
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Pretty pathetic liberals... You sure showed the world how tolerant you were.

Yet all the MRAs out there that tell women to "get raped" are perfectly okay with you.

How about this: pizza place, liberals giving death threats, butthurt men telling women to get raped because they won't have sex with them, all wrong.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-02 07:17:43
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Yet all the MRAs out there that tell women to "get raped" are perfectly okay with you.
Wait, not to defend Nausi, but I have never seen him agree with that...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 07:18:27
Link | Citer | R

Butt hurt raping pizzas what is going on in here !
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 07:20:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Emoneaone said: »
that directly contravenes my deeply held religious beliefs.

You don't even understand your "deeply-held" religious beliefs.

Unless you disregard the New Testament and just don't buy into that "love everyone and look past their sins because you aren't perfect either" concept that Jesus fella tried to tell you.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 07:22:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to open up a pizza shop that only serves to gay people. That isn't discrimination is it ?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 07:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

If he'd like to speak up now and say that they're wrong and completely sick for saying that, I wish he would. The concept that "oh, that *** just needs a good dicking whether she wants it or not" is pretty prevelant among those neanderthals, though, and he's almost categorically defended nearly every other MRA talking point and action in the past.

But you're right; I'm making a connection between lines, not stating something specific he's openly supported, and I would welcome him speaking up and saying how vulgar and wildly inappropriate those who would say such things are.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-02 07:25:56
Link | Citer | R

If he'd like to speak up now and say that they're wrong and completely sick for saying that, I wish he would. The concept that "oh, that *** just needs a good dicking whether she wants it or not" is pretty prevelant among those neanderthals, though, and he's almost categorically defended nearly every other MRA talking point and action in the past.

But you're right; I'm making a connection between lines, not stating something specific he's openly supported, and I would welcome him speaking up and saying how vulgar and wildly inappropriate those who would say such things are.
Actually, I think you are forcing the connection by your hatred (aka projecting the argument).
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 07:29:37
Link | Citer | R

Actually, I think you are forcing the connection by your hatred (aka projecting the argument).

You can believe that if you'd like.

I really don't think it's that big of a leap in logic.

But like I said, he can easily prove me wrong...

Edit: also, just one example.

My point is, I don't get the hate. Especially from Christians, who purportedly follow a relgion of peace, love, and understanding.

I also don't get Nausi's mindset that "if you hate my hateful beliefs, you're just as bad and a hypocrite." It's like he doesn't grasp that this isn't a cyclical thing, but a straight line that begins with his own hateful beliefs.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 07:34:59
Link | Citer | R

I'm no expert in feminism but I'm pretty sure they use tactics that encourage death and violence towards men...
By charlo999 2015-04-02 07:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
Oh boy. It's 2015 and people are still debating civil liberties of LGBT people vs the right for religion to persecute them for existing?

I'll make this pretty short. What exactly is the problem for a gay person or persons get married to each other, or want to enter a pizza joint run by so-called Christians? Is it because the Bible says so? Let's take a look at what the Bible has to say:

Quote:
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. (NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

There we have it. The Bible is pretty clear, albeit very brief on the subject.

But wait! There's more! Let's see what else the Bible, particularly Leviticus has to say:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus%2020-27&version=NIV

Quote:
18 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people.

A real man loves his woman any time of the month, but if they do they're not allowed in MY restaurant!

Quote:
9 “‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.

Gee. I should have killed my 3 year old son at least a dozen times already. Shame on me for not doing that.

Quote:
10 “‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

This is hilarious. Where is the Christian outrage for people who do this? Oh wait, half of them are guilty of this themselves.

Quote:
12 “‘If a man has sexual relations with his daughter-in-law, both of them are to be put to death. What they have done is a perversion; their blood will be on their own heads.

Et tu, Woody Allen? So many sinners to put to death.

Quote:
27 “‘A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.’”

This one is very clear. If you meet one of those hippy-dippy spiritual types, you MUST stone them to death-- otherwise you are the one who is sinning.

I could go on like this, but I'm sure even the most flat-headed dullards get the point by now. Not only are these all real quotes from the Bible, but they're all from the same section that condemns homosexuality.

So... why aren't we all out in a massive kill-frenzy stoning these people to death? Where's that Second Amendment I saw-- where's it at? Lock and load and go out guns blazin' for the lord! What's that? You're not gonna? Is it because you're too lazy and complacent with your comfortable little nothing of a life to sacrifice yourself what you believe in? Or is it because you don't actually believe the *** about your religion having anything at all to do with any of this?

Could it be, after all, that you just think gays are "icky" and don't want to admit to something so childish? Do you really believe, after all, that using your religion as a shield to rationalize your prejudice make you sound any less like some uneducated backwater ***? The world is laughing at you. Grow up. If you don't like gay people, don't hang out with them. If you don't like gay sex, don't do it. This debate was over decades ago.

Adam and Eve was also told if they ate the fruit they would die.
And they then went on to live for hundreds of years.
Death where sin is involved is the death of a connection with God.
Because he had his war with sin/satan and won. He went through what we are all going through. Only he is strong enough to beat sin. There's no sin in heaven. He cast it out. That's why when we sin we are lost to him.
This world is a lesson for us. Adam ate the fruit of knowledge of good and evil. But he didn't eat the fruit of knowing which is good and which is evil, or which is best to live by, or which we should follow.
There can't be good without evil. We can't appreciate good without evil.
God made laws. Like gravity has a natural conclusion if you jump off a cliff, sin has a natural conclusion of death from God and self punishment that everyone has to bear. And as such you would have to bear after death of the flesh as a spirit.
Being a just God he is bound by his own law.
What is a judge that deals out judgements by law but then himself doesn't live by them.
But he loved us so much he found a way round it. To come as flesh to live a sinless life to die and have claim to everyone's sin after we die.
He will cleanse every man of sin by a purifying fire. He will open your eyes to the truth, open your ears to hear.
You can either learn it in this world and live with uncertaincy, confusion and self punishment or he will force you to learn it in the next.

A lot of the Old Testament is about the Israelites God people. Which doesn't apply now. Through them was his prophets foretelling jesus's coming to bear witness and eventually Jesus.
He had to keep them on track so this could be accomplished. With faith and obeying him. That's why he was so tough on them. That's why he specifically ordered them stoning to death. So he could keep them from sin from others and though fear and complete the mission to save us all.
It is written he had no pleasure in killing the wicked. And after Jesus claimed the keys of death and authority over our sins when he died these same people were washed/purged of their sins and went to heaven. He died for everyone.
God made everything and everything is good. Either as good is or as learning through evil that good is the right path.
In the end everything will be glory to him.
That's why we shouldn't judge, everyone has their own path to learn and no one is without sin. We will all get their in the end we just choose how easy or hard we want it. Gods want us to choose the easy path of what's good for us.
That's also why he doesn't interfere in this world anymore. His mission is done. And this world is our learning through experience.
It's easier to understand if your a father trying to teach your son or daughter. Sometimes you can tell them and guide them all you want but sometimes they only learn through experience. Even if it hurts you and them. You just need to love and be there for them.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 07:40:45
Link | Citer | R

"Still a better love story than Twilight?"

Sorry, I've got nothing helpful to say to that wall of text. If you choose to believe that...story..., that's your choice. Just don't force it on the rest of us and don't try to cram it into our laws.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 07:41:08
Link | Citer | R

Since I'm a hardcore liberal you aren't allowed to practice your religious beliefs. You must believe what I believe damn it !
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 07:41:28
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I'm no expert

Clearly.

Since I'm a hardcore liberal you aren't allowed to practice your religious beliefs. You must believe what I believe damn it !

I really enjoy that "not being allowed to write laws defending the ability to discriminate based on religion" equates to religious oppression for so many.

That just makes me feel like we're getting so far as a human race...
By fonewear 2015-04-02 07:43:27
Link | Citer | R

I think we should just pass a law so people won't be offended. Call it the touchy feely law.

You don't need a law to discriminate. You can do it if you like no one is stopping pizza shops.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 07:46:31
Link | Citer | R

I doubt people get into business to discriminate against gays. I just don't see the business profits from that.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 07:48:06
Link | Citer | R

But since I only use feelings to guide me I feel like this law is *** and that is all that matters.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 07:54:13
Link | Citer | R

I doubt people get into business to discriminate against gays. I just don't see the business profits from that.

Which is yet another reason why these laws are idiotic in the first place, and why would you ever even utilize said law?

The whole situation is just stupid.

Make the *** pizza, sell the *** pizza, get on with your day.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 07:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Why do we make tons of laws to make us feel like we are passing our morality onto the masses.
By fonewear 2015-04-02 07:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Oh by the way the pizza store closed.

http://time.com/3768536/indiana-pizza-no-gay-wedding/

An Indiana pizzeria remained closed on Wednesday, embroiled in a national debate after its owners said they would not cater gay weddings because of their religious beliefs.

“I don’t know if we will reopen, or if we can, if it’s safe to reopen,” co-owner Crystal O’Connor told TheBlaze TV. “We’re in hiding basically, staying in the house.”

The Walkerton, Ind., pizza parlor is the first business since Indiana passed the highly controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act to publicly cite religious beliefs as justification to refuse a service to the LGBT community.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-02 07:59:59
Link | Citer | R

Laws are just the Governments' way of herding sheep. Unfortunately, some sheep are dumber than others.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 08:00:47
Link | Citer | R

They have raised 58k on a go fund me.

http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-04-02 08:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Oh by the way the pizza store closed.

http://time.com/3768536/indiana-pizza-no-gay-wedding/

An Indiana pizzeria remained closed on Wednesday, embroiled in a national debate after its owners said they would not cater gay weddings because of their religious beliefs.

“I don’t know if we will reopen, or if we can, if it’s safe to reopen,” co-owner Crystal O’Connor told TheBlaze TV. “We’re in hiding basically, staying in the house.”

The Walkerton, Ind., pizza parlor is the first business since Indiana passed the highly controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act to publicly cite religious beliefs as justification to refuse a service to the LGBT community.

Blast. I guess I'll have to cancel my fake-gay-wedding-disguised-as-a-hetero-wedding-to-troll-Memories-Pizza plans.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 08:07:39
Link | Citer | R

With that 58k they can change the name of the pizza shop and go right back to not serving gay weddings.

I suggest Touchy McFeel's Anti Gay Pizza Emporium !
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 08:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Very disappointed* they received death threats or threats of bodily or property harm.

That's a terrible thing no matter what your beliefs unless you yourself are issuing such threats or force first. (That is to say, I have no problem with a group like ISIS being threatened.)

That said, the blow to their business was predictable and why I've said repeatedly it's stupid for a business to ever discriminate like this. It's bad business, if nothing else.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 56 57 58