Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 181 182 183
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-07-18 01:47:46
Link | Citer | R

Two questions, (1) Using Mote's GS, how would I use Arbatel's Loafers +1 for spells that match weather, while using my Helio's Boots feet={ name="Helios Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','"Occult Acumen"+9','Magic burst mdg.+10%',}}, for other spells not corresponding to weather?
How would I use Eschan Stone for Helix spells w/o GS swapping in Hachirin-no-obi for my MB set?
By geigei 2015-07-18 04:23:02
Link | Citer | R

Using Kinematic's blm and not getting af body to swap, used to work with castingmode.AF and sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].AF but not anymore w/o making chages, any thoughts?
 Asura.Vafruvant
Serveur: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-18 04:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Two questions, (1) Using Mote's GS, how would I use Arbatel's Loafers +1 for spells that match weather, while using my Helio's Boots feet={ name="Helios Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19','"Occult Acumen"+9','Magic burst mdg.+10%',}}, for other spells not corresponding to weather?
How would I use Eschan Stone for Helix spells w/o GS swapping in Hachirin-no-obi for my MB set?
1) First, in the function init_gear_sets, put this line:
Code
gear.WeatherBoots = {name=""}
Then, in your nuking set, rename your feet slot to:
Code
feet=gear.WeatherBoots
Finally, in your function job_precast, put this block in:
Code
	if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
		if spell.element == world.weather_element then
			gear.WeatherBoots.name = "Arbatel Loafers +1"
		else
			gear.WeatherBoots.name = "Helios Boots"
		end
	end

2) To make a set specific to Helix spells, just make another set near your elemental magic sets named:
Code
sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].Helix
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-18 04:36:37
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Using Kinematic's blm and not getting af body to swap, used to work with castingmode.AF and sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].AF but not anymore w/o making chages, any thoughts?
Well, you need to make sure one of the CastingMode options listed in the function user_setup is AF e.g:
Code
state.CastingMode:options('Normal', 'Resistant', 'AF')
in order for your sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].AF to switch correctly.
By geigei 2015-07-18 04:38:05
Link | Citer | R

I do, worked fine until...couple of weeks? it switch to helios body instead which is normal,resist,burst sets.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-18 04:47:08
Link | Citer | R

I do, worked fine until...couple of weeks? it switch to helios body instead which is normal,resist,burst sets.
Is this on any nuke or just big nukes (T4-6)? It could be as simple as something being named wrong, or missing sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].HighTierNuke.AF

I would like to see your .lua, preferably on a site like http://www.pastebin.com
By geigei 2015-07-18 04:53:50
Link | Citer | R

http://pastebin.com/Y51q8Jk9
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-18 04:57:04
Link | Citer | R

Try fully spelling the name of the item, I've heard people saying that the abbreviations haven't been working recently. I'll keep looking it over until I hear back.
By geigei 2015-07-18 04:58:56
Link | Citer | R

Thx, i'll try that.
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2015-07-18 05:01:44
Link | Citer | R

What is a rule to write to keep the CP mantle from changing?

Also: is there a input you can write in the chatlog/marco box to have GS switch to a set like in spellcast?

ie: I used to just put "/sc set DT", and would it would switch to my DT set.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-18 05:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
What is a rule to write to keep the CP mantle from changing?
This should work in Mote's files, will need tweaked for one that isn't his.

Edit: I should specify, this will only work when you have a CP ring on, otherwise just use //gs disable back
[+]
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-18 05:09:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
Also: is there a input you can write in the chatlog/marco box to have GS switch to a set like in spellcast?

ie: I used to just put "/sc set DT", and would it would switch to my DT set.
//gs equip setname

e.q. Myrkr
//gs equip sets.precast.WS.Myrkr
[+]
By geigei 2015-07-18 05:09:59
Link | Citer | R

//gs disable back
//gs equip sets.whatever
[+]
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2015-07-18 05:13:48
Link | Citer | R

ok, thank you two very much!
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-07-18 10:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
So, I just looked over your entire .lua and none of the sets have a ring1 slot, so GS has nothing it would ever change to. It has ring1="Adoulin Ring" in your sets.precast.WS['Myrkr'] set and nothing until sets.resting. I missed it too, but I almost guarantee that will fix your problem. If you put it back in at the very least precast & midcast for a spell, and idle than screencap showswaps, that might get us somewhere other than seeing GS do exactly what your posted file would tell it, which, in the case of ring1, was nothing.

I removed ring1 all together when I noticed it wasn't working. How did I notice? Well, it's not showing up in my /showswaps and it's always on. I even removed it from precast to make sure it's not precasting its way to fame. Only thing I left it on is my WS. Despite removing ring1 in all my sets. Adoulin ring still seems locked. I have tried using other rings in ring1, despite that adoulin ring is always on during aftercast. But again, ring1 was removed after I realized it might not be changing properly.

I might be confused.. As I was saying, showswaps wont show jewelry for me on some casts. Is non debugmode showswaps, is this only showing me what sets defined? Debugmode shows me the total swap? <-- doesn't make sense I know =) If yes, only certain spells will show a jewelry swap in debug. So at this point I don't know if it's disabled or just not showing up in swaps+ somehow I'm always wearing it.

If it is thought that this isn't part of my data folder, I think I'm just gonna reinstall gs and motes. I'm hoping if I am simply confused, this will at least fix showswaps to show my full set items when I turn it on? The picture I posted earlier shows that my swaps aren't all showing up.. Is that normal? How would we go about getting a output of the total swap?

Man, Vaf Byrth.. I sincerely apologize for wasting your time if this is just confusion on my part. It's not a total loss =) I learned a few things. I appreciate your time and effort.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-18 11:17:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pintseyes said: »
So, I just looked over your entire .lua and none of the sets have a ring1 slot, so GS has nothing it would ever change to. It has ring1="Adoulin Ring" in your sets.precast.WS['Myrkr'] set and nothing until sets.resting. I missed it too, but I almost guarantee that will fix your problem. If you put it back in at the very least precast & midcast for a spell, and idle than screencap showswaps, that might get us somewhere other than seeing GS do exactly what your posted file would tell it, which, in the case of ring1, was nothing.

I removed ring1 all together when I noticed it wasn't working. How did I notice? Well, it's not showing up in my /showswaps and it's always on. I even removed it from precast to make sure it's not precasting its way to fame. Only thing I left it on is my WS. Despite removing ring1 in all my sets. Adoulin ring still seems locked. I have tried using other rings in ring1, despite that adoulin ring is always on during aftercast. But again, ring1 was removed after I realized it might not be changing properly.

I might be confused.. As I was saying, showswaps wont show jewelry for me on some casts. Is non debugmode showswaps, is this only showing me what sets defined? Debugmode shows me the total swap? <-- doesn't make sense I know =) If yes, only certain spells will show a jewelry swap in debug. So at this point I don't know if it's disabled or just not showing up in swaps+ somehow I'm always wearing it.

If it is thought that this isn't part of my data folder, I think I'm just gonna reinstall gs and motes. I'm hoping if I am simply confused, this will at least fix showswaps to show my full set items when I turn it on? The picture I posted earlier shows that my swaps aren't all showing up.. Is that normal? How would we go about getting a output of the total swap?

Man, Vaf Byrth.. I sincerely apologize for wasting your time if this is just confusion on my part. It's not a total loss =) I learned a few things. I appreciate your time and effort.
One thing you have to look out for is consistency in your casts. Say you're using Prolix Ring to precast in (for Fast Cast) but it's Haste so you use it to midcast in (for recast timer). You build your sets, you assign ring1="Prolix Ring",ring2="Veneficium Ring" in precast, and you do ring2="Prolix Ring" in your midcast. GS won't switch out and immediately back in Prolix Ring, it will just take it out. To fix this, you would just say ring1="Prolix Ring" in your midcast set, as well, or leave out ring1 altogether and it will maintain what you have in your precast slot. Keep this in mind when re-building your .lua.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-18 11:26:16
Link | Citer | R

Not that I want to start an argument but I'm the one who got a snarky response when I suggested posting your lua file.
By geigei 2015-07-18 12:26:20
Link | Citer | R

Try fully spelling the name of the item, I've heard people saying that the abbreviations haven't been working recently. I'll keep looking it over until I hear back.

Found the problem, af body wont equip in the element day, need to change hachirin-no-obi part and dont know how to keep it short and clean.
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-07-18 12:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Found the problem, af body wont equip in the element day, need to change hachirin-no-obi part and dont know how to keep it short and clean.

Page 61 of this forum. Feel free to remove magicbust state if you don't use it.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-18 12:50:50
Link | Citer | R

Change
to
This will overlay the Obi in whichever set you have equipped for that spell.
By geigei 2015-07-18 12:52:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pintseyes said: »

Page 61 of this forum. Feel free to remove magicbust state if you don't use it.

My bad was i added obi function on postmidcast even though Mote's had one, revert to original function and now everything works in all sets ^^
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-07-18 14:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Solved, thank you!
 Bismarck.Inference
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-07-18 20:46:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cambion said: »
These are things that I assume already exist, so if someone can just copy paste their funtions from their Gearswap I would greatly appreciate it.

1./2. Set combine returns a set, it does not equip it, use
Code
equip(set_combine(your stuff))

instead.

I never wrote anything for #3 so I'll leave that for someone who can copy/paste rather than write one myself.
 Asura.Gesetz
user: Cptjoe
By Asura.Gesetz 2015-07-19 01:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Couldn't find this anywhere, maybe I'm just not looking correctly. Using Mote's blu lua. When I use unbridled wisdom, I get the message: effect already active or something to that effect. Actually, now that I deleted everything that had to do with unbridled learning, it works. Maybe I fixed it, maybe I didn't. What would normally cause an error like this, and is deleting everything like I did the real solution?
By geigei 2015-07-19 13:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Another issue came up, i just got eschan stone so i want to use for high tier spells (sekhmet for low)

Problem is with weather, if i cast low tier obi equips fine, if i cast high tier instead of obi i have eschan stone.

sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'] = {waist=gear.ElementalObi}

sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].HighTierNuke = set_combine(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'], {waist="Eschan stone"}

function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spellMap == 'Cure' or spellMap == 'Curaga' then
gear.default.obi_waist = "Witful Belt"
elseif spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
gear.default.obi_waist = "Sekhmet corset"
if state.CastingMode.value == 'Proc' then
classes.CustomClass = 'Proc'
end
end
end

What i need to add?
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-07-19 15:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Issue 1: How to force a piece of gear, for the duration of a buff.
*Maculele Tiara +1 for Climactic Flourish duration(including WS), not just activation.

If you need the whole .lua let me know, but I assume it's somewhere in here:

I spliced these all together for cleanlyness, but they are in their default lacations within the script, which is Mote's base file.
Code
sets.precast.Flourish3['Climactic Flourish'] = {head="Maculele Tiara +1"}
sets.buff['Climactic Flourish'] = {head="Maculele Tiara +1"}

function job_setup()
    state.Buff['Climactic Flourish'] = buffactive['climactic flourish'] or false
    state.CurrentStep = M{['description']='Current Step', 'Main', 'Alt'}
    state.SkillchainPending = M(false, 'Skillchain Pending')
    determine_haste_group()
end

function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type == "WeaponSkill" then
        if state.Buff['Climactic Flourish'] then
            equip(sets.buff['Climactic Flourish'])
        end
        if state.SkillchainPending.value == true then
            equip(sets.precast.Skillchain)
        end
    end
end

function job_buff_change(buff,gain)
    if S{'haste','march','embrava','haste samba'}:contains(buff:lower()) then
        determine_haste_group()
        handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
    elseif buff == 'Saber Dance' or buff == 'Climactic Flourish' then
    end
end

Even the aftercast of using Climactic shows it swapping back into my head tp piece so it's not forcing Tiara on at all.

Issue 2: I created a script that forced a step (to obtain Finishing Moves) if I attempt to use Climactic Flourish without any finishing moves. The scrip works perfectly, but it breaks the script that automatically uses Presto, prior to steps. (It broke all steps, not just the ones used from the Climactic Script for the record) Removing the new script, fixes the Presto script.

Here's the Presto Script:
Code
function job_pretarget(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	if spell.type == 'Step' then
		local allRecasts = windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()
		local prestoCooldown = allRecasts[236]
		local under5FMs = not buffactive['Finishing Move 5'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 6'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 7']

if player.main_job_level >= 77 and prestoCooldown < 1 and under5FMs then
			cast_delay(1.1)
			send_command('input /ja "Presto" <me>')
		end
	end
end

Here's the Climactic Script:
Code
	local under1FMs = not buffactive['Finishing Move 1'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 2'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 3'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 4'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 5'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 6'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 7']

if spell.english == "Climactic Flourish" and under1FMs then
			cast_delay(1.1)
			send_command('input /ja "Box Step" <t>')
	end
end

My assumption is that either A: they need to be in a single script together? or B: I created an issue when defining two locals for under1FMs and under5FMs? Also if there's an easier way to say '0 Finishing Moves' rather than listing not having all 7 variables, that'd be cool too.
I tested option B, by removing the first local, so that Presto is just 100% regardless of active FMs, but no luck.
I tested option A, it works, but... the cast delay has to be nearly doubled(2.0) to work when combined, whereas by itself, the 1.1 works fine.
*Oh, I think it's because when the Presto Function works, there needs to be an extra 1 second delay for Presto>Step>Climactic, whereas when presto was broken it was just Step>Climactic, and timed correctly.
If this is correct, then ignore issue #2 all together.

As always, thanks in advance.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-19 23:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gesetz said: »
Couldn't find this anywhere, maybe I'm just not looking correctly. Using Mote's blu lua. When I use unbridled wisdom, I get the message: effect already active or something to that effect. Actually, now that I deleted everything that had to do with unbridled learning, it works. Maybe I fixed it, maybe I didn't. What would normally cause an error like this, and is deleting everything like I did the real solution?
In his base BLU lua (which I assume is what you're referencing) this is the segment responsible:
The key line here is
What this does is pause the spell, inputs Unbridled Learning then casts the spell. This is designed for you to macro or type out the spell name without using the JA first. What appears to be happening, however, is that it's not detecting Unbridled Learning being active already and is still executing this function. A fix for this is one of two things: 1) don't use the JA before casting the spell or 2) delete the entire function altogether, so it would just look like this in your lua:
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-20 00:08:09
Link | Citer | R

Another issue came up, i just got eschan stone so i want to use for high tier spells (sekhmet for low)

Problem is with weather, if i cast low tier obi equips fine, if i cast high tier instead of obi i have eschan stone.

sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'] = {waist=gear.ElementalObi}

sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'].HighTierNuke = set_combine(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'], {waist="Eschan stone"}

function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spellMap == 'Cure' or spellMap == 'Curaga' then
gear.default.obi_waist = "Witful Belt"
elseif spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
gear.default.obi_waist = "Sekhmet corset"
if state.CastingMode.value == 'Proc' then
classes.CustomClass = 'Proc'
end
end
end

What i need to add?
I'm not sure why it makes a difference what spell level it is to determine whether or not you want the obi, but, your call. Don't differentiate anything else on the sets unless you have other gear you're swapping, and just use this precast rule:
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-20 01:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Issue 1: How to force a piece of gear, for the duration of a buff.
*Maculele Tiara +1 for Climactic Flourish duration(including WS), not just activation.

If you need the whole .lua let me know, but I assume it's somewhere in here:

I spliced these all together for cleanlyness, but they are in their default lacations within the script, which is Mote's base file.
Code
sets.precast.Flourish3['Climactic Flourish'] = {head="Maculele Tiara +1"}
sets.buff['Climactic Flourish'] = {head="Maculele Tiara +1"}

function job_setup()
    state.CurrentStep = M{['description']='Current Step', 'Main', 'Alt'}
    state.SkillchainPending = M(false, 'Skillchain Pending')
    determine_haste_group()
end

function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type == "WeaponSkill" then
        if state.Buff['Climactic Flourish'] then
            equip(sets.buff['Climactic Flourish'])
        end
        if state.SkillchainPending.value == true then
            equip(sets.precast.Skillchain)
        end
    end
end

function job_buff_change(buff,gain)
    if S{'haste','march','embrava','haste samba'}:contains(buff:lower()) then
        determine_haste_group()
    elseif buff == 'Saber Dance' or buff == 'Climactic Flourish' then
    end
end

Even the aftercast of using Climactic shows it swapping back into my head tp piece so it's not forcing Tiara on at all.
If you're just focused on WS, I think you just need to capitalize Climactic Flourish in the line

If you want it to stay on for the entirety of the buff, use this function, replacing your job_buff_change:
Issue 2: I created a script that forced a step (to obtain Finishing Moves) if I attempt to use Climactic Flourish without any finishing moves. The scrip works perfectly, but it breaks the script that automatically uses Presto, prior to steps. (It broke all steps, not just the ones used from the Climactic Script for the record) Removing the new script, fixes the Presto script.

Here's the Presto Script:
Code
    if spell.type == 'Step' then
        local allRecasts = windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()
        local prestoCooldown = allRecasts[236]
        local under5FMs = not buffactive['Finishing Move 5'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 6'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 7']

if player.main_job_level >= 77 and prestoCooldown < 1 and under5FMs then
            cast_delay(1.1)
            send_command('input /ja "Presto" <me>')
        end
    end
end

Here's the Climactic Script:
Code
    local under1FMs = not buffactive['Finishing Move 1'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 2'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 3'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 4'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 5'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 6'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 7']

if spell.english == "Climactic Flourish" and under1FMs then
            cast_delay(1.1)
            send_command('input /ja "Box Step" <t>')
    end
end

My assumption is that either A: they need to be in a single script together? or B: I created an issue when defining two locals for under1FMs and under5FMs? Also if there's an easier way to say '0 Finishing Moves' rather than listing not having all 7 variables, that'd be cool too.
I tested option B, by removing the first local, so that Presto is just 100% regardless of active FMs, but no luck.
I tested option A, it works, but... the cast delay has to be nearly doubled(2.0) to work when combined, whereas by itself, the 1.1 works fine.
*Oh, I think it's because when the Presto Function works, there needs to be an extra 1 second delay for Presto>Step>Climactic, whereas when presto was broken it was just Step>Climactic, and timed correctly.
If this is correct, then ignore issue #2 all together.

As always, thanks in advance.
I tested this, it works for all steps, in and out of menu (pretarget only works for macros/typed in commands, but precast will work for everything)
[+]
By geigei 2015-07-20 03:24:05
Link | Citer | R

Solved.
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 181 182 183