Yes, will fix it in a second.
[+]
 Bahamut.Drazzago
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: drazzago
By Bahamut.Drazzago 2014-04-25 14:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Its still crashing for me. It crashes either right before the screen to create new characters or on that screen. No error messages, just POL stops working and has to close.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-25 14:50:28
Link | Citer | R

Fixed.
 Siren.Kenesu
Serveur: Siren
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2014-04-25 15:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Same thing is happening to me. What plugin's should we have turned off?
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-04-25 15:03:43
Link | Citer | R

I just tried to log on, got a bunch of windower updates, and promptly crashed upon moving from POL to FFXI. It looked like it happened while resources and abils were updating.

Edit: tried again. No resource update this time, but crashed when the Terms of Service Agree/Disagree box started to open.
 Odin.Otaria
Serveur: Odin
user: Otaria
By Odin.Otaria 2014-04-25 15:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Updateresources.dll seems to be crashing pol before I get to the char select screen. I have no plugins or addons, just keep crashing.
I delete this plugin, and it autodownloads it again (as it should).
By Loganfox 2014-04-25 15:04:19
Link | Citer | R

yea it stopped working after i turned off attainment, now its not working again
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2014-04-25 15:04:50
Link | Citer | R

I deactivated all plugins. As soon as the resources are checking for updates, POL still crashes.
 Siren.Kenesu
Serveur: Siren
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2014-04-25 15:06:19
Link | Citer | R

Same thing happening to me also.
By Azurea 2014-04-25 15:15:36
Link | Citer | R

Account has been logged in for like a week, crashed this morning and can't log back on, lol. Same issue as everyone else, crash during resource update. @4:15pm EST
By Pantafernando 2014-04-25 15:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Well, pointless to say i have the same issue so... time to download previous versions of windower...
By Loganfox 2014-04-25 15:26:43
Link | Citer | R

its weird cuz, it works fine on my laptop, but my desktop keeps crashing
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-25 15:29:57
Link | Citer | R

It was a resource issue, which is why it happened to every plugin. It should work now after you log in and UpdateResources gets new resources.
[+]
By Korvana 2014-04-25 15:34:32
Link | Citer | R

If you are still having problems, re-download Windower 4 from the main website. It is working now for me.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-04-25 15:35:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
It was a resource issue, which is why it happened to every plugin. It should work now after you log in and UpdateResources gets new resources.

Thanks!
 Bismarck.Phaded
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2014-04-25 15:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the quick fix!
 Bahamut.Alteubent
user: Alteubent
By Bahamut.Alteubent 2014-04-25 15:43:18
Link | Citer | R

Thank you Arcon.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-25 15:46:42
Link | Citer | R

No need to do that, you only get the Launcher from there, it will still download the same files as when you click "Windower.exe" from your existing installation.
By Pantafernando 2014-04-25 17:02:15
Link | Citer | R

I noticed a stuff after this problem. Im a user of send, to deal with mules. I was using fine the command for ws:

/console send xxx /ws "victory smite" <t>

to use it, but after the issue, it wasnt working. Checked the log, and aparently the " wasnt recognized. It was sent:

/console send xxx /ws victory smite <t>

what didnt trigger the ws. I changed the " to ' and it worked back again. Dont know if that important, but somehow this changed after this update.

While command auto target like:

/console send xxx /ja "chackra" <me>

works fine. Weird.
 Bahamut.Drazzago
user: drazzago
By Bahamut.Drazzago 2014-04-25 17:28:23
Link | Citer | R

Fixed my issue, working great, thanks for all the hard work.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-25 23:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I noticed a stuff after this problem. Im a user of send, to deal with mules. I was using fine the command for ws:

to use it, but after the issue, it wasnt working. Checked the log, and aparently the " wasnt recognized. It was sent:

what didnt trigger the ws. I changed the " to ' and it worked back again. Dont know if that important, but somehow this changed after this update.

works fine. Weird.

This is really weird, because your line should never have worked in the first place. Quotes were always ignored when using send. That's because when you quote something, you tell LuaCore to treat the term as one word and it will strip the quotes. Windower has been doing that for years and people were always bothered by it, despite having a good reason for being there.

Now there is a way around it. For example, as you mentioned, you can use single quotes, because the game also recognizes them. Also, you can use a backslash as an escape character, then the double quotes won't be removed but treated literally:
Code
/console send xxx /ja \"victory smite\" <t>

Also, note that you shouldn't need the < and > there. In fact, I'm surprised this was working at all, I didn't think it would.

One last thing I'll mention is that instead of sending full commands, you can use Shortcuts on your mule, then you can simplify things a bit further:
Code
/console send xxx victorysmite
[+]
By Balias 2014-04-26 01:03:07
Link | Citer | R

I am running Windows 7 and I experience crashes when exiting the game. I also had the game crash when a cut scene was about to run. I switched back to Windows 7 because I thought the crashing problem was just an incompatibility with Windows 8.
By Pantafernando 2014-04-26 04:08:15
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Pantafernando said: »

works fine. Weird.

This is really weird, because your line should never have worked in the first place. Quotes were always ignored when using send. That's because when you quote something, you tell LuaCore to treat the term as one word and it will strip the quotes. Windower has been doing that for years and people were always bothered by it, despite having a good reason for being there.

Now there is a way around it. For example, as you mentioned, you can use single quotes, because the game also recognizes them. Also, you can use a backslash as an escape character, then the double quotes won't be removed but treated literally:
Code
/console send xxx /ja \"victory smite\" <t>

Also, note that you shouldn't need the < and > there. In fact, I'm surprised this was working at all, I didn't think it would.

One last thing I'll mention is that instead of sending full commands, you can use Shortcuts on your mule, then you can simplify things a bit further:
Code
/console send xxx victorysmite

Thanks for explaining. Really appreciate.
 Carbuncle.Drygell
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2014-04-29 23:33:10
Link | Citer | R

having issues with rolltracker for the last couple of days. error report is rolltracker.lua:157: attempt to index global 'party' (a nil value)
any help would be appreciated thanks.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-30 00:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Drygell said: »
having issues with rolltracker for the last couple of days. error report is rolltracker.lua:157: attempt to index global 'party' (a nil value)
any help would be appreciated thanks.

Should be fixed.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-30 02:57:06
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if it is just me but despite the update to attainment, time remaining in both Dynamis and Abyssea still isn't right and Abyssea lights are incorrect too.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-30 05:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Nothing in the Attainment change was related to either Dynamis or Abyssea, so it's not just you. Chances are Attainment will be discontinued entirely soon, due to replacement addon PointWatch, which, unlike Attainment, is actually being maintained. Attainment is a big pile of poo internally and a complete mess to maintain, so it's not worth our effort to invest in it.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-30 07:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Is PointWatch unreleased at the moment?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-30 07:42:41
Link | Citer | R

It is released, you can find it under the Addons tab in the Launcher. It still has some Dynamis issues (and possbily others), but they are being worked on.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 102 103 104