Plugins broken via Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 102 103 104
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-19 18:07:45
Link | Citer | R

An update went out for Gearswap because now mine doesn't work in any respect.

Anyone know how to turn off this auto update nonsense for stuff that isn't broken so I can pick and choose when to update rather than have things forced? I appreciate the hardwork, but I like to decide what does and does not get installed on my pc.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-19 18:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Are you on dev or something? I just checked, and I'm not getting any gearswap updates. And all my stuff still works.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-04-19 18:24:03
Link | Citer | R

There hasn't been an update for GearSwap in over a month. If you didn't have auto-updates, you'd have broken stuff after every update.

If you're on -dev and you complain when things break, well, that's the entire point of -dev.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-19 18:24:35
Link | Citer | R

No I am not.

Nothing has changed in the files, I just logged in, got some update and had this error.
Code
Lua Error (1) ... m Files (x86)/Windower4//addons/gearswap/statics.lua.45 attempt to index field '?'
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-19 18:25:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
There hasn't been an update for GearSwap in over a month. If you didn't have auto-updates, you'd have broken stuff after every update.

If you're on -dev and you complain when things break, well, that's the entire point of -dev.

I don't believe I mentioned I'm on the Dev, however those files haven't been touched by myself and I'm getting the same error on 2 pcs on 2 different accounts.

And I have just re - installed them and getting the same error. Seems a little strange to happen on both windows 8 and 7, on Normal Version if there's been no update in over a Month.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-04-19 18:33:40
Link | Citer | R

The last update to anything Gearswap related was 1 month ago, so this is confusing.

Quote:
<Byrth> Arcon, did you push any updates to live recently?
<Arcon> Hm... don't think so
<Arcon> Find
<Arcon> That I did
<Byrth> someone is complaining that GearSwap stopped working
<Byrth> like, this afternoon
<Byrth> did you push new resources?
<Arcon> No

I'm not sure what to tell you. We haven't updated anything. The particular line in question is:
Code
validabils[lang][pref][sp] = i

pref or sp is coming up as nil. lang is a static and it's unlikely to be sp, so replace line 45 with this code:
Code
if not pref then
    print(tostring(sp))
else
end

Then reload gearswap and tell me what it prints out in console.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-19 18:37:49
Link | Citer | R

The last update to anything Gearswap related was 1 month ago, so this is confusing.

Quote:
<Byrth> Arcon, did you push any updates to live recently?
<Arcon> Hm... don't think so
<Arcon> Find
<Arcon> That I did
<Byrth> someone is complaining that GearSwap stopped working
<Byrth> like, this afternoon
<Byrth> did you push new resources?
<Arcon> No

I'm not sure what to tell you. We haven't updated anything. The particular line in question is:
Code

pref or sp is coming up as nil. lang is a static and it's unlikely to be sp, so replace line 45 with this code:
Code
if not pref then
    print(tostring(sp))
else
end

Then reload gearswap and tell me what it prints out in console.

Well it spat out a bunch of Magic 1023 stuff, and then Loaded Perfectly, swapping back however to

Quote:
broke it again so strange...
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-19 18:40:08
Link | Citer | R

In any respect I would still like to know how to turn off Auto updates if possible, it drives me nuts sometimes!
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-04-19 18:58:34
Link | Citer | R

Are there any plans to fix lightluggage sorting? The sorting is very slow now and causes me to frequently lose items.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-04-19 18:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Use //updateresources. I'm not sure how, but you somehow managed to get a (very?) old version of the resources.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-19 19:13:20
Link | Citer | R

Use //updateresources. I'm not sure how, but you somehow managed to get a (very?) old version of the resources.

:o
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-19 19:13:51
Link | Citer | R

As for auto-updates, you cannot turn them off and we will never add a feature to do so. This has two reasons. First, it's mainly for us, not for you. They save us having to waste time trying to fix issues for people that have already been fixed and they just forgot (or were too lazy or scared or...) to update. That is a massive waste of our time that we could otherwise be devoting to fixing real remaining issues. Very few things are more frustrating than trying to find out what's wrong when you have a mismatched version to a user who is just behind on the fix. In the end we both lose time and neither walks away any happier.

However, they do serve you just as well. People merely tend to not notice it at all and enjoy all the benefits without giving it any credit, until it *** up, and then they take notice and blame it undeservingly. Such as in this case, because nothing was updated today, and nothing Lua-related has been updated in over a week on the live version.

Yes, sometimes there's a chance of auto-update *** up. That was especially the case after the initial launch, which was to be expected. And again it happened for one hour after this FFXI update, although FFXI was also broken with the old version, just less noticeable, and our initial fix didn't work too well. All in all it's really rare these days for auto-update to screw something up because we test things somewhat thoroughly on the -dev build first. We know it's not always ideal, but this is effectively beneficial for everyone, even if it doesn't always seem that way.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-19 19:17:35
Link | Citer | R

Says they are current :X
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-04-19 19:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Could you pastebin your resources/spells.xml please?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-19 19:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Are there any plans to fix lightluggage sorting? The sorting is very slow now and causes me to frequently lose items.

I forgot that it was even an issue. We don't just keep advertising our issue tracker it for the hell of it, we do it because that's the easiest way for us to not forget about bugs that we personally don't experience (as I mentioned before, hardly anyone on the dev team plays anymore, so what seems like a common bug to you may not be the same for us).

I'll try to fix it tomorrow, if I don't forget. I can guarantee it if you make a post on our tracker :)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-19 19:27:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
As for auto-updates, you cannot turn them off and we will never add a feature to do so. This has two reasons. First, it's mainly for us, not for you. They save us having to waste time trying to fix issues for people that have already been fixed and they just forgot (or were too lazy or scared or...) to update. That is a massive waste of our time that we could otherwise be devoting to fixing real remaining issues. Very few things are more frustrating than trying to find out what's wrong when you have a mismatched version to a user who is just behind on the fix. In the end we both lose time and neither walks away any happier.

However, they do serve you just as well. People merely tend to not notice it at all and enjoy all the benefits without giving it any credit, until it *** up, and then they take notice and blame it undeservingly. Such as in this case, because nothing was updated today, and nothing Lua-related has been updated in over a week on the live version.

Yes, sometimes there's a chance of auto-update *** up. That was especially the case after the initial launch, which was to be expected. And again it happened for one hour after this FFXI update, although FFXI was also broken with the old version, just less noticeable, and our initial fix didn't work too well. All in all it's really rare these days for auto-update to screw something up because we test things somewhat thoroughly on the -dev build first. We know it's not always ideal, but this is effectively beneficial for everyone, even if it doesn't always seem that way.

Its more of a pet peeve of mine personally, to allow a programme to automatically update itself. I totally understand the benefits of what you're saying, however my resources file hasn't been touched since ever but magically altered itself overnight? The only programme with any ability to auto update on any of my PC's is Windower.

Whether the issue I had was "undeserving" is irrelevant, an update took place for Find and then somehow resources got amended. How can I be 100% sure it wasn't as a result of the project?

I can't because I have no control over what was / was not installed. You could also just add an "Updateall" function or command for people to use instead and have it put up on the site or as part of error messages on Windower to get around the issue of people not updating their versions first and complaining about issues (possibly such as this) similar to how you have names attached to the respective programmes you all make on the Dev team.

It doesn't matter what I say however you are not about to change your mind on the whim of 1 person and make your own life harder.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-19 19:28:15
Link | Citer | R

Could you pastebin your resources/spells.xml please?

Yeah one minute
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-04-19 19:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »

I forgot that it was even an issue. We don't just keep advertising our issue tracker it for the hell of it, we do it because that's the easiest way for us to not forget about bugs that we personally don't experience (as I mentioned before, hardly anyone on the dev team plays anymore, so what seems like a common bug to you may not be the same for us).

I'll try to fix it tomorrow, if I don't forget. I can guarantee it if you make a post on our tracker :)
Thanks, sorry I'll try to make use of the issue tracker. Wasn't a major issue, just seeing this thread made me think of it.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-19 19:36:26
Link | Citer | R

There a link for the tracker again? I'm going to start playing again soon and typically find I have a good bit of free time.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-04-19 19:37:03
Link | Citer | R

https://github.com/Windower/Lua/issues?state=open
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-19 20:04:05
Link | Citer | R

This is actually the Lua issue tracker, for issues relating to our Lua API and LuaCore.

For other plugins and Windower in general use this one:
https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues?state=open

(Although we won't slap anyone on the wrist for mixing them up now and then, it happens a lot...)
 Leviathan.Taruknees
By Leviathan.Taruknees 2014-04-19 20:11:36
Link | Citer | R

This is why Ashita is better.
 Odin.Calipso
Serveur: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-04-25 00:42:21
Link | Citer | R

Got both of these tonight (not sure if the gs one is related to something broken in my whm.lua)

shortcuts: Lua error (runtime) // shortcuts.lua:283 attempt to index a local 'r_line' (a nil value) (was trying to //raise 2 someone)

and:

gearswap: Lua error (runtime) // helper_functions.lua:216: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'target_id' (a nil value)
By Zyla 2014-04-25 13:21:37
Link | Citer | R

not sure if this is something everyone is experiencing, but starting about 30 min or so ago after windower updated attainment it's been crashing pol when loading up ffxi. only 3 files today have updated so far i think: hook.dll, attainment. and lua something or other. so as of now, for me, can't launch ffxi due to it crashing
By Ragnark 2014-04-25 13:26:24
Link | Citer | R

i had to turn off dynamishelper, attainment and gearcollector (not sure i needed to turn off gearcollector but i did anyway) in order to get past the crash.
By Zyla 2014-04-25 13:27:29
Link | Citer | R

just turned off attainment and gearswap and i'm back in, it's lookin like attainment is causing the crashes
By Heimdel 2014-04-25 13:31:03
Link | Citer | R

Zyla said: »
just turned off attainment and gearswap and i'm back in, it's lookin like attainment is causing the crashes

I've been having random crashes for couple weeks now Maybe since the last update. It has become a lot more frequent last couple days and heard other people having same problem. I've tried turning off basically all plugins/addons but it still happens. Only things left running was silence , tpparty, and distance
 Asura.Railbender
Serveur: Asura
user: Toknherb
By Asura.Railbender 2014-04-25 13:42:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm having no issues with attainment or gearcollector. I've logged in and out multiple times today on multiple PC's with no errors or crashes.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-25 14:29:47
Link | Citer | R

A new version is up, the crashing issue is fixed, and Attainment should now also show the right values again (I cannot verify it myself, so would be good if someone could confirm it).
 Sylph.Marvolous
Serveur: Sylph
user: marvo
By Sylph.Marvolous 2014-04-25 14:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Spellcast broken? When I hit //sc group whatever, it crashes and unloads itself.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 102 103 104