users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 130 131 132
By Kirakishou 2015-08-25 03:12:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Tummie said: »
Asura.Gotenn said: »
I know BG doesn't have the path augments listed on the page yet, but even without augments it seems that the Vijaya Bow should be putting out higher DoT numbers then an augmented skirmish bow. I'm not spreadsheet savvy, but can someone who is run the numbers?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Vijaya_Bow

Based on the pattern from other weapons it looks to be that path C would be +25 DMG, +15 RACC +15 RATT, While that is all speculation I'd like to know the numbers without augments and if that were the true augments.

I will run the numbers soon. It will be difficult without knowing the max augments so I will most likely run a comparison to see exactly how much +dmg in augments it would take to beat the skirmish bow. Just by looking at the differences as is right now, my guess is that the shorter delay of the Vijaya Bow would keep it competitive with skirmish (higher JRs on Phaos) but would lose out during fights that last longer

I currently have this bow Rank 10 C path, and it has +10 DMG and +10 RACC/RATT. So would assume at rank 15 it is +15 for all three.

Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »
Are there any gear set up to date?

I would also like to know this, just recently started to regear my RNG and most recent gear set I found is from back in April.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-08-25 09:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Kirakishou said: »
Asura.Gotenn said: »
I know BG doesn't have the path augments listed on the page yet, but even without augments it seems that the Vijaya Bow should be putting out higher DoT numbers then an augmented skirmish bow. I'm not spreadsheet savvy, but can someone who is run the numbers?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Vijaya_Bow

Based on the pattern from other weapons it looks to be that path C would be +25 DMG, +15 RACC +15 RATT, While that is all speculation I'd like to know the numbers without augments and if that were the true augments.

I will run the numbers soon. It will be difficult without knowing the max augments so I will most likely run a comparison to see exactly how much +dmg in augments it would take to beat the skirmish bow. Just by looking at the differences as is right now, my guess is that the shorter delay of the Vijaya Bow would keep it competitive with skirmish (higher JRs on Phaos) but would lose out during fights that last longer

I currently have this bow Rank 10 C path, and it has +10 DMG and +10 RACC/RATT. So would assume at rank 15 it is +15 for all three.

Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »
Are there any gear set up to date?

I would also like to know this, just recently started to regear my RNG and most recent gear set I found is from back in April.

Thanks that makes it a lot easier. I will be updating my node from a few pages back to include current sets.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-08-25 09:34:18
Link | Citer | R

My friend maxed it last night and yes it goes to 15 DMG. Path D has like 5% crit rate on it as well, sorry I don't recall the other stats he said.

edit: 15 dmg 15 ratk 3% crit rate
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-08-25 17:50:07
Link | Citer | R

Ok so I had a few moments to compare the three bows (Nobility, Vijaya, and Phao)

Augments used:

Nobility with DMG +15, AGi+10, Stp+8, Crit hit rate +4% (previous page)

Vijaya with +15 DMG, +15 RATT, +15RACC (I will do Path D Later)

Phao with +32 DMG, Crit Hit Damage +6, RATT/RACC+20

The short answer in terms of highest damage is:

Nobility > Phaosphaelia > Vijaya

The longer answer is that you really don't see any bow begin to pull away from the other until around 30 seconds of combat. At that point, Nobility begins to pull away and around a minute and a half its about 10% more DPS than Phao. This was just quick results using older sets. I will start adding the newer stuff later today and begin parsing out the results and hopefully have a more detailed explanation later on.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-09-04 08:48:25
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 334444 ItemSet 334434 ItemSet 334416
Store TP: +32 Store TP: +68
TP: 228.56% TP: 265.44%

Quote:
+ Beginning TP (After WS*) --> 0218% TP
+ 3X Shot --> 0796% TP
= Ending TP --> 1014% TP

*Assume one shot after the initial shot from Jishnu's Radiance Misses.

Augments
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-09-04 08:48:52
Link | Citer | R

Can someone verify if the calculations to my previous post is correct?

Note: Forgot to check the TP return when WS with 2X Ramuh Ring +1
 Bismarck.Ronalas
Serveur: Bismarck
user: jackx
By Bismarck.Ronalas 2015-09-16 20:37:57
Link | Citer | R

Someone should take up to update what used to be the best guide for any job is several updates behind and that is being conservative. plz
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-09-21 15:39:52
Link | Citer | R

A few updated sets would be nice, seeing alot mote RNG action since the range bsy nerf xd
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Serveur: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-10-28 06:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone toyed around with Blurred Bow of Crossbow +1? Been looking to see what the Additional Effect: Snapshot was all about, but cannot find it anywhere.
By Mithril20 2015-10-28 08:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone post any current BIS for Annihilator Ranger? a lot of em are very outdated.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-10-28 09:24:00
Link | Citer | R

I am waiting until the final update next month to utilize new gear. And now with the new final relic type weapon coming out its going to make a mess of things lol.
 Bismarck.Ronalas
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ronalas 2015-11-01 03:09:25
Link | Citer | R

Upsetting to see no set updates like blue mage and corsair for ranger yet it is still very much useful in almost all event these days. looking forward to viewing the changes when they happen excited and disappointed at the new weapons replacing r/e/m .
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-01 03:14:32
Link | Citer | R

We have absolutely zero idea as to whether or not Aeonic will replace R/M/E. The devs also mentioned they'd be updating R/M/E weapons, so there is zero need to freak without any information.
[+]
By Gaugen 2015-11-07 11:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Annihilator itself is very outdated
 Asura.Ronalas
By Asura.Ronalas 2015-11-08 14:52:55
Link | Citer | R

Path for Nibiru gun that would be best is ?
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-11-08 16:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ronalas said: »
Upsetting to see no set updates like blue mage and corsair for ranger yet it is still very much useful in almost all event these days. looking forward to viewing the changes when they happen excited and disappointed at the new weapons replacing r/e/m .

Honestly if you should be playing ranger you probably know how to gear it. We'll theorycraft more when the new gear comes out.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-11-10 10:44:14
Link | Citer | R

It looks like the new Aeonic Bow is going to be the best weapon right now.

DMG:330 Delay 600
Magic Accuracy +40
Magic Damage +155
Archery Skill +269
Store TP +10
TP Bonus +500
Apex Arrow
Aftermath: Increases skillchain potency
Increases magic burst potency
Ultimate Skillchain

It says it is ilvl 119 but to be honest with +269 skill it seems more like ilvl 121. The store TP on the bow will free up store TP slots and the TP bonus will help with the crit rate on Jishnu. The only drawback is that the Aftermath is tied to the merited WS. We don't know how this works just yet, but the current consensus is that you use the WS to gain the aftermath, and while the aftermath effect is active you get the specific effects. However, it could be like Mythics and each level gains one specific effect (100-199% TP is increased SC potency, 200-299 is increased magic burst, and 300% is ultimate skillchain)

As far as R/M/E is concerned, SE did say they were going to update them. At this point, seeing as how Aeonic weapons are ilvl 121, R/M/E weapons are going to need a serious increase in base damage, proc rate on hidden damage boost, and a WS dmg boost/rework as well.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Serveur: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2015-11-10 10:55:29
Link | Citer | R

DMG:167 Delay:600 Magic Accuracy+40
Magic Damage+155 Marksmanship skill +269
"Store TP"+10 "TP Bonus"+500
"Last Stand" Aftermath:
Increases skillchain potency Increases magic burst potency Ultimate Skillchain

Fomalhaut RNG/COR
This looks to be badass as well TP bonus 500 and 155 Magic damage for Trueflight. TP Bonus for Last Stand is pretty nice also. STP 10 *drool*.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Serveur: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2015-11-10 11:10:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lykinia said: »
DMG:167 Delay:600 Magic Accuracy+40
Magic Damage+155 Marksmanship skill +269
"Store TP"+10 "TP Bonus"+500
"Last Stand" Aftermath:
Increases skillchain potency Increases magic burst potency Ultimate Skillchain

Fomalhaut RNG/COR
This looks to be badass as well TP bonus 500 and 155 Magic damage for Trueflight. TP Bonus for Last Stand is pretty nice also. STP 10 *drool*.
Skin is a dragon too. Very cool!
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-11-12 11:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Looks like R/M/E are getting huge boosts to keep them competitive with Aeonics. All of the weapons will have their skill bumped up to 269.

In terms of base damage, it appears that it will be in this order:

Mythic > Aeonic > Relic > Emps

Given that we somewhat have an idea of where things fall damage wise, we can kind of make an assumption of stats based on the % differences between the weapons. Here is my assumption on the values:

Yoichinoyumi
DMG:320 Delay:524
Ranged Accuracy+60
Ranged Attack+50
Archery Skill + 269
Magic Damage +186
Magic Accuracy + 242

Gandiva
DMG:306 Delay:490 DEX+40
Archery Skill + 269
Magic Damage +186
Magic Accuracy + 242

Annihilator
DMG:161 Delay:582
Ranged Accuracy+60
Ranged Attack+50
Marksmanship Skill + 269
Magic Damage +186
Magic Accuracy + 242

Armageddon
DMG:155 Delay:582 AGI+40
Marksmanship Skill + 269
Magic Damage +186
Magic Accuracy + 242

On paper, Gandiva and Yoichi are going to be competitive, while Annihilator, Fomalhaut, and possibly Armageddon will as well. Fomalhaut already has Last Stand built into the aftermath for gun which is the strongest non magical gun WS at the moment so it has an edge not to mention the TP bonus and Store TP. However, there is the unknown of whether or not there will be a boost to the relic damage proc rate or boost to relic WS damage.
[+]
 Sylph.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2015-11-29 16:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Guys, i dont have vagary clears yet, so only nq amini for now. I was wondering if its worth making arcadian legs +1, when i already have miradors +1. Both would be a placeholder for when i can finally get amini legs +1, but since i dont know when that will be, im willing to spend the extra gil on arcadian, if its noticeably better. Thanks!
By minikomby 2015-11-29 22:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Does Weapon skill damage +2% from earing any good for coronach/last stand for rngs? rep vulcan's earring?
 Shiva.Kollosis
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2015-12-19 10:46:23
Link | Citer | R

So recently started playing again. Just wanted to know if Khepri body is completely worthless or not? Thinking of desynthing lol
 Siren.Blackroses
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2015-12-19 10:49:42
Link | Citer | R

The only use for Kephri atm would be for the regen, so desynthing is indeed a good option.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-12-21 15:07:17
Link | Citer | R

Ok guys, I am trying to update the spreadsheet to finish off the node with updated sets. I haven't played in over a month on retail so I kind of need some help with a list of augments for gear and what is most relevant so I can throw into the spreadsheet.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-12-21 21:16:16
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Nolan
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards/Arcane_Glyptics_Inscription#Armor_Augments

I would probably with those. That's all the escha/reisenjima gear and weapons.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2015-12-26 17:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Ok guys, I am trying to update the spreadsheet to finish off the node with updated sets. I haven't played in over a month on retail so I kind of need some help with a list of augments for gear and what is most relevant so I can throw into the spreadsheet.

Aeonic Weapons
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2016-01-08 12:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have any updated sets?
[+]
By Raziiel 2016-01-09 12:22:12
Link | Citer | R

also looking for most updated sets. i <3 my Ranger ;; help! lol
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 130 131 132