Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 130 131 132
 Asura.Hoshiku
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-08 23:27:40
Link | Citer | R

Did anyone ever math out what augments you needed for phaos. to pull ahead of yoichi? I remember reading somewhere that people thought yoi was a very close second to phaos. for max dps at the moment (but I couldn't find that post).
By geigei 2015-06-09 01:51:06
Link | Citer | R

I think even base phaos will pull ahead.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-06-09 03:13:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Did anyone ever math out what augments you needed for phaos. to pull ahead of yoichi? I remember reading somewhere that people thought yoi was a very close second to phaos. for max dps at the moment (but I couldn't find that post).

geigei said: »
I think even base phaos will pull ahead.

From what i remember reading but I now can't find you needed almost perfect augs on it to pull a ahead of Yoichi.
By geigei 2015-06-09 07:21:51
Link | Citer | R

Did a quick spreadsheet, base slightly lower dps but same ws dmg, max phaos slightly higher dps and higher ws.

Tenzen bow also better than relic.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-09 08:37:19
Link | Citer | R

How much +dmg do you need before relic and phaos. are equal?
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-17 21:15:49
Link | Citer | R

The ls is thinking about throwing rangers at a couple NMs in escha (so far we've done the magic burst strat). Are Tummie's sets + buffs sufficient to hit 135 content or are people using something else now?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-06-18 15:18:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
How much +dmg do you need before relic and phaos. are equal?

Also, how much +dmg before augmented Phaos and Tenzen bow are equal - since both will beat Relic?
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-29 14:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Did they do something recently to change enmity again? I thought the previous enmity changes made it so that you could spam jishnu's without hate?

I think the place where ranger shines is any fight that is magic resistant (pixies and pazuzu come to mind in escha) where melee are going to eat a lot of ***and/or get dispelled. I would imagine these are the same fights where the bst strategy really wipes the floor with the magic burst strat. To be honest though for any content that doesn't resist magic - the magic burst strat is fast and easy to pull off.
[+]
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-06-30 14:10:37
Link | Citer | R

So I am not sure if this would be the write place, but I have two taeon boots for my GS and I am not able to get the snapshot piece to equip.

Is there anything weird with the Snapshot augment coming from 2 stones?

sets.Preshot = {
feet= { name="Taeon Boots", augments={'Rng. Acc.+25','"Snapshot"+10',}}}
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-06-30 14:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Fiasko said: »
So I am not sure if this would be the write place, but I have two taeon boots for my GS and I am not able to get the snapshot piece to equip.

sets.Preshot = {

If you use //gs export, it'll show up as ['Rng. Acc +25, '"Snapshot +5"', '"Snapshot +5"'}. Try that, see if it works.

As an example, this is how mine is written

gear.SSfeet = {name="Taeon Boots", augments={'"Snapshot"+4','"Snapshot"+3'}}

In game, it shows up as Snapshot +7.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-06-30 14:45:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Hellsangelz said: »
Cerberus.Fiasko said: »

sets.Preshot = {

If you use //gs export, it'll show up as ['Rng. Acc +25, '"Snapshot +5"', '"Snapshot +5"'}. Try that, see if it works.

As an example, this is how mine is written

gear.SSfeet = {name="Taeon Boots", augments={'"Snapshot"+4','"Snapshot"+3'}}

In game, it shows up as Snapshot +7.

Worked perfectly gracias.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Tummie
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-08-05 14:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Bismarck.Hellsangelz said: »
Just go rng/war with gun?

As an example....we'll let you figure out why you should go with bow.

DMG:223 Delay:524 Ranged Accuracy+40 Ranged Attack+30 Archery skill +242 "Namas Arrow"

DMG:105 Delay:582 Ranged Accuracy+40 Ranged Attack+30 Marksmanship skill +242 "Coronach"

Bad example due to you completely ignoring ammo damage.

Yoichi
DMG:223 Delay:524 Ranged Accuracy+40 Ranged Attack+30 Archery skill +242 "Namas Arrow"
+
Achi Arrow DMG:87 Delay:90 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+20
= 310 damage

Annihilator
DMG:105 Delay:582 Ranged Accuracy+40 Ranged Attack+30 Marksmanship skill +242 "Coronach"
+
Achi Bullet DMG:253 Delay:240 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+20
= 358 damage

What I have found before I took a break was that between Anni and Phao, if both have the same x-hit build, these two weapons have (for the most part) a 3:4 WS ratio...for every 3 weaponskills with Phao, you have 4 with Anni The extra weaponsill with Anni (and Relic Procs) keeps the two competitive for fights lasting less than 2 minutes. However, the damage from JR begins to overtake the extra accumulated weaponskills for fights lasting longer than 2 minutes and it begins to pull ahead. After about 5 minutes, Phao is ahead in damage by 4-5%. Of course this doesn't include other variables such as JA usage and Rapid Shot, but it gives you an idea.

For Doomsday, the scenario is almost the same, except the turning point is somewhere around 45 seconds, and the difference in damage after 5 minutes is close to +15% in favor of Phao.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-06 16:08:15
Link | Citer | R

BGWiki is wrong about Unlimited Shot merits reducing Double Shot recast, right?

I always had 5/5 Rapid and 5/5 Recycle, but got back into RNG recently and read this so changed some merits around. I'm getting no difference at all in Double Shot recast, still 3min. If you actually USE Unlimited Shot (why?), sure it reduces recast for both Unlimited and Double Shot.

Has this ever been different and it broke somewhere along the way? Or am I assuming correctly that BGWiki is just wrong.
By Sidiov 2015-08-06 16:32:43
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
BGWiki is wrong about Unlimited Shot merits reducing Double Shot recast, right?

I always had 5/5 Rapid and 5/5 Recycle, but got back into RNG recently and read this so changed some merits around. I'm getting no difference at all in Double Shot recast, still 3min. If you actually USE Unlimited Shot (why?), sure it reduces recast for both Unlimited and Double Shot.

Has this ever been different and it broke somewhere along the way? Or am I assuming correctly that BGWiki is just wrong.
This is why. They are implying if you use it with reduced recast it also reduces the shared timer recast.... ffxiclopedia was much easier to understand back in those days!

Back then some people used it too! Remember cannon shells?!??!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-07 13:14:43
Link | Citer | R

Sidiov said: »
Back then some people used it too! Remember cannon shells?!??!

Haha, see also: macro failures and lost Patriarch Protector Arrows!

Seriously though, BGWiki description on the Double Shot page was very confusing. I added a clarification so others don't make the mistake I did (OH NO, I wasted 10 merits!)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2015-08-12 11:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know the current bow hierarchy? I'm assuming skirmish bow is towards the top but I'm wondering where Paloma +1 fits in.
 Bismarck.Marmite
Serveur: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-08-12 12:23:04
Link | Citer | R

Haven't looked at escha bows, but based on an old spreadsheet:

1. Skimish bow (epeen augs)
2. Hangaku-No-Yumi
3. Cibitshavore R15 (A)/Yoichi
4. Brahmastra/Cibitshavore R15 (C)
5. Paloma +1
6. Falubeza

Hangaku, Cibi A and Yoichi are very close based on a 4 hit build. After the top 3 there is a decent gap to the rest.
By mcdonalds87 2015-08-12 22:47:11
Link | Citer | R

For if anyone cares.

New sinister reign gear is making Trueflight amazing. Vampirism + more. I don't have mythic finished just yet (50k ichor remaining), but I'd like to know what kind of damage people are doing with all the new MAB.

No need to troll and say trueflight blows. Everyone has their style. Let it be.
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2015-08-12 23:33:49
Link | Citer | R

Got a Nobility with: DMG +15, AGi+10, Stp+8, Crit hit rate +4%, wondering how it fares vs other options, already have a Phaosphaelia (no perfect augments at all (+24dmg, +18 racc/attk, stp+5) and hangaku. Any thoughts?
By geigei 2015-08-13 03:28:37
Link | Citer | R

mcdonalds87 said: »
For if anyone cares.

New sinister reign gear is making Trueflight amazing. Vampirism + more. I don't have mythic finished just yet (50k ichor remaining), but I'd like to know what kind of damage people are doing with all the new MAB.

I was doing 11k-26k on putraxia run with the old stuff, i think Teodor takes decent dmg (around 6k), dunno about new escha.
By mcdonalds87 2015-08-13 04:52:33
Link | Citer | R

mcdonalds87 said: »
For if anyone cares.

I was doing 11k-26k on putraxia run with the old stuff, i think Teodor takes decent dmg (around 6k), dunno about new escha.

Nice. See how much with pld using undead killer moves :)
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2015-08-17 18:14:50
Link | Citer | R

I know BG doesn't have the path augments listed on the page yet, but even without augments it seems that the Vijaya Bow should be putting out higher DoT numbers then an augmented skirmish bow. I'm not spreadsheet savvy, but can someone who is run the numbers?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Vijaya_Bow

Based on the pattern from other weapons it looks to be that path C would be +25 DMG, +15 RACC +15 RATT, While that is all speculation I'd like to know the numbers without augments and if that were the true augments.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-08-18 07:02:24
Link | Citer | R

Are there any gear set up to date?
By geigei 2015-08-18 07:19:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gotenn said: »
I know BG doesn't have the path augments listed on the page yet, but even without augments it seems that the Vijaya Bow should be putting out higher DoT numbers then an augmented skirmish bow. I'm not spreadsheet savvy, but can someone who is run the numbers?

Based on the pattern from other weapons it looks to be that path C would be +25 DMG, +15 RACC +15 RATT, While that is all speculation I'd like to know the numbers without augments and if that were the true augments.

Nobility better than Vijaya augm. at least mine, 284dmg 19str 26agi 25racc 2crit 7stp. 3100dps max vijaya, 3200dps nobility.
 Shiva.Verohawke
Serveur: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2015-08-19 03:47:05
Link | Citer | R

Where do vijaya and nobility (with perfect augments) get ranked in this list?

1. Skimish bow (epeen augs)
2. Hangaku-No-Yumi
3. Cibitshavore R15 (A)/Yoichi
4. Brahmastra/Cibitshavore R15 (C)
5. Paloma +1
6. Falubeza

Also Tenzen bow has TP bonus of 100% and trueflight+1 and I am not sure how nobility compares to that
 Lakshmi.Tummie
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-08-24 19:23:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gotenn said: »

I will run the numbers soon. It will be difficult without knowing the max augments so I will most likely run a comparison to see exactly how much +dmg in augments it would take to beat the skirmish bow. Just by looking at the differences as is right now, my guess is that the shorter delay of the Vijaya Bow would keep it competitive with skirmish (higher JRs on Phaos) but would lose out during fights that last longer
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 130 131 132