For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 262 263 264
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-31 11:37:20
Link | Citer | R

THF is the undisputed best job to take to these events.
 Leviathan.Tharon
user: Brancitt
By Leviathan.Tharon 2014-07-31 15:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Okay here's my Free MS set. Yes i use MS on anything I'm farming simply because i like the crit rate. so here's my set.

Any thing Ilvl 115 is going to have 8 str aug. Also I'm not getting a HQ ifrit ring anytime soon.

ItemSet 326724

any upgrades or swaps aside from the ring that anyones sees.
Positive feedback only. thanks in advance. :D
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-01 13:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Steal Recast: Reduces the recast time of Steal.Reduce recast time by 2 seconds.

Mug Effect: Steals HP when using Mug. Steal HP equal to 5% of DEX and AGI. Does not work on undead.

Hahahahahahahaha. Well, I'm glad I don't need to grind obnoxious CP for THF.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-01 14:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Sadness. Aside from the overall disgust...

Mug @ 5% of dex/agi is like... 25 hp.

250dex and 250 agi give or take... 500 total 5% of 500 is 25 whole hp.
even if thats a type and its 50% its ***.
Even @ 500% it's a chakra on a 5 minute timer.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-01 14:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Sadness. Aside from the overall disgust...

Mug @ 5% of dex/agi is like... 25 hp. 250dex and 250 agi give or take... 500 total 5% of 500 is 25 whole hp.

x30.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-01 14:20:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, 25 hp x30 is still ***. That's a massive 750 HP.

And let's not pretend that ANYONE will get 300(?) JP on thf total, let alone even consider putting them in mug.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-01 14:21:38
Link | Citer | R

750 hp + x gils.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-01 14:31:43
Link | Citer | R

And let's not pretend that ANYONE will get 300(?) JP on thf total, let alone even consider putting them in mug.

its a 750 HP self-cure we didn't have before for an ability that is otherwise laughably useless.

It may not be superb and I won't act like its a must have for THF, but its good enough to put JP into if you have them. Right now its only ~50% of your DEX/AGI, which is pretty meh, but when cap is finally raised to 30, It'll be nice.

I can think of a few situations where I might like having an extra 750HP cure on hand. Its not what i hoped for but... better than my imagined worst case scenario.

Steal recast on the other hand... the f**k is that about, being able to Whiff a steal faster?
By Pantafernando 2014-08-01 14:41:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said: »

its a 750 HP self-cure we didn't have before for an ability that is otherwise laughably useless.

It may not be superb and I won't act like its a must have for THF, but its good enough to put JP into if you have them. Right now its only ~50% of your DEX/AGI, which is pretty meh, but when cap is finally raised to 30, It'll be nice.

I can think of a few situations where I might like having an extra 750HP cure on hand. Its not what i hoped for but... better than my imagined worst case scenario.

Steal recast on the other hand... the f**k is that about, being able to Whiff a steal faster?

What?

Thats 120/4=30 extra ordelle bronzepieces in dynamis sandoria.
If you dont want extra 210k every run, you can send it to me.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-01 14:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
What?

Thats 120/4=30 extra ordelle bronzepieces in dynamis sandoria.
If you dont want extra 210k every run, you can send it to me.

How could we have been so blind
[+]
By Chyula 2014-08-01 15:06:45
Link | Citer | R

At least THF is getting self cure while SAM got crap again, SE just don't want sam to succeed in this game. I mean who need lol enhanced meditate, all I see war and mnk getting more atk and acc boost which is 100x better than what sam getting.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-01 15:08:13
Link | Citer | R

Chyula said: »
At least THF is getting self cure while SAM got crap again, SE just don't want sam to succeed in this game. I mean who need lol enhanced meditate, all I see war and mnk getting more atk and acc boost which is 100x better than what sam getting.

I agree, sam need a *** buff already :/
[+]
By Creecreelo 2014-08-01 15:11:08
Link | Citer | R

Sam totally sux right now totally
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-08-01 15:18:23
Link | Citer | R

Because Tachi: Fudo every 3 seconds just isn't enough...
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-08-01 15:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Rank 10 shaves a full tick off 100 as well as tracking with your TP/hit in a 4-hit build. Also, fTP is king.

I mean, it is maybe less than awesome but these are job points; what were you expecting? Maybe you'd prefer +1 accuracy on Composure?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-01 15:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Not that THF has any particularly great job points (certainly nothing worth going out of your way to farm CP), but even if you do get JP it's probably best to spend them on the existing SA and TA effect categories anyway, not lolMug for a 5min timer that might cap out at Cure III level at 30/30...

And note that even to get to 10/10 in any category requires 55 JP. 30/30 seems likely to cost somewhere between 255 JP (if 11-30 are capped at current 10 JP per) and 465 JP (if it remains at the current rate where each additional level needs 1 more JP). This is about as practical as an afterglow RME, and probably nearly as time consuming.

Plus, hey, the ability is pretty useless even with this "buff". If you need HP that bad on THF, you're going to have some form of healing anyway: /DNC, trusts, other players. This is on paper a "better than not having it" addition, but it's of extremely minimal use in practice and would be an utter waste of time to actually go out of your way farming.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-01 15:47:13
Link | Citer | R

I can't wait for all the Mug kill screenshots to start popping up.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-08-01 16:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I can't wait for all the Mug kill screenshots to start popping up.

STOP GETTING RUBY NUB
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-02 21:34:17
Link | Citer | R

You know, I wonder if Mug+ gear will effect the new Steal HP, and if so, by how much...
By Creecreelo 2014-08-02 22:24:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
You know, I wonder if Mug+ gear will effect the new Steal HP, and if so, by how much...

I'm curious if Drain gear will also affect it, stuff like excelsis ring.
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-08-03 09:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Would be nice if SA/TA could enhance it also, longshot but hey why not.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-08-03 09:23:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Steal Recast: Reduces the recast time of Steal.Reduce recast time by 2 seconds.

Mug Effect: Steals HP when using Mug. Steal HP equal to 5% of DEX and AGI. Does not work on undead.

Hahahahahahahaha. Well, I'm glad I don't need to grind obnoxious CP for THF.
Pretty sure they will have 2 more options in the catagory following these are just the first two. Don't say that just yet lol
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-08-03 12:05:44
Link | Citer | R

TA/SA really REALLY need to be stances. To even get some semblance of usefulness.

I'm not saying they should remain at the strength they are, and be stances... that'd be *** AWESOMELY BROKEN! But like... 25% Agi/Dex mod* on every swing (still with full enmity transfer on TA stance)(and maybe just 100% crit rate on SA stance)... maybe even 10% or somewhere in the middle, would be butterzone. It'd give some long overdue glory to thf.

It'd make thf actually wanted for almost anything, notable exceptions would be crazy ***like AAEV, incarnate is broken.
One of the best suggestions i've seen yet, Can certainly build on this.
 Sylph.Malizia
Serveur: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2014-08-03 16:05:05
Link | Citer | R

Hi everyone,

In case it wasn't totally obvious, I've stopped playing FFXI for now. As much as I would want to continue maintaining the guide anyways, I lack the time, and now that I don't know the current metagame, the expertise (some would say I never had the expertise :p).

But! All is not lost. Thanks to the Power of Nodes, I can open up the guide and allow other users to edit it! That means you. I've converted everything from the table of contents on to use nodes, so if you want you can completely change anything in the guide. Didn't like my formatting? Need to update a equipment set? Want to tell the world how far you punted a taru? Go for it.

All I ask is two things:
1. PM me to get access to all the guide nodes. You should read up on them if you don't know what I'm talking about.
2. If you do go make edits, please be respectful of those reading the guide, and those editing the guide. None of this pithy-one-liner-you-don't-deserve-to-play-THF attitude that is all too prevalent on the internet. I don't want to have to step in and moderate my own guide, so play nice.

Thanks for letting me do this for a year! It's been fun :)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-08-03 16:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Aww...

My first job to 99 was thf, so this was one of the first and the guide i enjoyed the most reading.

Thanks for all this work and take care.
 Shiva.Falseliberty
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Falseliberty 2014-08-04 14:55:01
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys came back to game about a month ago and having a blast been upgrading junk to 119 and what not but one thing that's killing me literally is BC fights and getting 1 shot by god knows what.

What PDT and MDT sets are people using now? I'm working on ituli gear atm but please no sets with D ring thats not happening in the near future, thx in advance
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-04 15:05:42
Link | Citer | R

Iuitl is basically all there is.

Your basic stuff, Dark rings, twilight torque, mullusca mantle, flume belt, Dark earrings with pdt/colossus, plumb boots, umuthi gloves, lithelimb cap.

Aside from Iuitl, you can go Qaaxo w/ PDT more or less, only those 2 options.

ItemSet 326868
Only thing you really need to change for MDT is Shadow Ring, Sanare Earring, can get some more MDB but yeah.

The set covers 50% PDT 50% MDT w/shell and like... 20% BDT? Dring, really isn't that hard to get, should definitely be high on your to-do list. But changing the Dring to a 5%+ PDT Dark ring still gets close to 50%... You can get 50% w/o Dring but you'd need perfect augs on everything, 2x2 ear 2x6 ring and 4x3 iuitl. (give or take 1% on the augs)
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-08-04 15:54:15
Link | Citer | R

PDT - 2CritRate 4%PDT 2%MDT hands/Legs 2% PDT earrings, PDT path Qaaxo
ItemSet 318492

MDT - 8% MDT from Skirmish pieces 25% total(using 2x mermans earrings when no Shell), wayfarer head works nicely, as most THFs carry it for edge anyway.
ItemSet 318471

4% PDT Kaabnax pants and Umuthi gloves are a good alternative.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-04 15:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Not hard no, just requires lots of pops, patience and bucket loads of luck.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-08-04 17:11:40
Link | Citer | R

0/30 on D.ring, I know the pain...
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 262 263 264