Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 261 262 263
By Pakyoungchae 2014-08-06 06:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Havent heard this mentioned yet but with the added hp steal to mug it tuns the ability into another stagger option in dynamis. Thats something. Lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-06 08:13:37
Link | Citer | R

Pakyoungchae said: »
Havent heard this mentioned yet but with the added hp steal to mug it tuns the ability into another stagger option in dynamis. Thats something. Lol

Haha... way to be optimistic. This is actually true. Hadn't thought of that, what a lovely bonus.... -.-
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-07 15:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Pakyoungchae said: »

Haha... way to be optimistic. This is actually true. Hadn't thought of that, what a lovely bonus.... -.-

True, and worth noting that it doesn't require any job points into Mug. Simply a change to the ability timer for everyone. Go go bonus proc!
 Shiva.Falseliberty
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Falseliberty 2014-08-12 04:40:40
Link | Citer | R

threw a jp into mug to test. 23 hp restored at lvl 1 threw on all the dex and agi gear I could find and got it up to about 33 hp

mind you only tried it twice but bleh atm not sure if would be ok at 10/10
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-12 04:42:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Falseliberty said: »
threw a jp into mug to test. 23 hp restored at lvl 1 threw on all the dex and agi gear I could find and got it up to about 33 hp

Did you test Mug+ gear like Relic head?
 Shiva.Falseliberty
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Falseliberty 2014-08-12 05:08:39
Link | Citer | R

sadly I don't have 119 hat to test with only old NQ dyna hat

It seems to act like drain spell does damage even if you're at full health
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-12 12:35:30
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Falseliberty said: »

mind you only tried it twice but bleh atm not sure if would be ok at 10/10

By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-01 14:11:42

Sadness. Aside from the overall disgust...

Mug @ 5% of dex/agi is like... 25 hp.

250dex and 250 agi give or take... 500 total 5% of 500 is 25 whole hp.
even if thats a typo and its 50% its ***.
Even @ 500% it's a chakra on a 5 minute timer.

Knew that before it was even out, you must've got it to around 325 dex 325 agi? Unless the Mug+ gave it more.
By Creecreelo 2014-08-12 12:40:05
Link | Citer | R

Decided to put 2 JP into Mug and test what I could.

Was testing with 470 total Dex/Agi, got expected 47 hp drain.

When testing gear pieces, I didn't have a change of 470 total Dex/Agi.

Excelsis Ring did nothing. Archon Ring did nothing. Chatoyant Staff did nothing.

Can't test Mug headpiece cause I don't have it lol, and wasn't able to test on Darksday (did testing on Earthsday).

Maybe Relic head will affect it... but I have a feeling Darksday won't.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-20 02:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Question... now that some of the augments on this new skirmish stuff is known, someone wanna tell me where Ipetam sits on the hierarchy, assuming the Augments are something like

Acc/atk+17 Dbl Attack+6? (assuming Dbl can go that high on 1 handed weapons). This is say, compared to offhands like Izhiikoh, and how it fares against Mandau and other such weapons?

For what its worth, the base stats are...

DMG:115 Delay:220 Evasion+22
I.lv119 Dagger skills.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-20 02:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Question... now that some of the augments on this new skirmish stuff is known, someone wanna tell me where Ipetam sits on the hierarchy, assuming the Augments are something like

Acc/atk+17 Dbl Attack+6? (assuming Dbl can go that high on 1 handed weapons). This is say, compared to offhands like Izhiikoh, and how it fares against Mandau and other such weapons?

For what its worth, the base stats are...

I.lv119 Dagger skills.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-20 02:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Izhiikoh is simply an amazing dagger, nothing could catch ipetam up to it. It's got a little bit of everything you could possibly want.
Basically, it's slower and inferior to izhiikoh in every single way.

As far as "If I lack a mandau for mainhand?"

It's a reasonable mainhand simply having the highest base damage offhanding an izhiikoh. Sabebus A is better.

I'd rather see people use it than a sandung though, so there's that.

Long and short, nothing will make it the best offhand, and anything will make it a "good" mainhand. Which augs make it better than Sabebus vary by scenario. Obviously acc/att do nothing if you farm dynamis with it.

Quote:
"It's not like anyone takes THF for their DPS it doesn't matter what you wear as long as you wear TH gear."
Let me go ahead and save that 5 page argument. If you feel like posting that, just go ahead and read the last couple pages, it's been covered.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-20 03:12:05
Link | Citer | R

I thought about it for a minute, and I know this is a double but I wanted to make a different point.

It's very easy to say whats best for jobs like sam mnk war rng, you just go tojil, and start pluggin ***in, it's VERY straight forward.

When it comes to THF (and nin and dnc) it's not so cut and dried. NO ONE plays THF the same as another THF, the amount of players allowed to bring THF to "end game" content is probably countable on 2 hands.

If you want to know what someone recommends, please give a scenario. Every little change impacts what's best for dual wielders much more so than "just kill it till it's dead whats best."

If you're one of the lucky 8 in the universe allowed to take thief to high tier fights delve blah blah, you probably already know what's best. But soloing/party/dynamis/subjob/moonphase(joke) all make a difference.

It's one of the few jobs that can be utilized anywhere, so it needs a wide variety of statistics. Instead of just generic mnk/war @ tojil stats.
 Bismarck.Inference
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-08-20 03:22:49
Link | Citer | R

That escalated quickly.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-20 03:27:55
Link | Citer | R

A little over the top, but it's hard to recommend something when you have no idea how it's going to be used.

If you ask whats best for SAM, everyone automatically knows, you're subbing war, you're using RCB or better, its for delve/high tier, plug in tojil or better stats, full buffs up the *** and go for broke.

It's never that easy when you ask, what should I use for thf. Don't know if you're asking for soloing, using trusts, partying with a WHM, killing easy prey/junk mobs, soloing salvage, or actually taking THF/WAR with the intent of actually doing damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-08-20 07:50:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
"It's not like anyone takes THF for their DPS it doesn't matter what you wear as long as you wear TH gear."

Except um, our ls has been using Valli's THF regularly at almost every event for about a month or more now. And pretty sure we'd all smack him if he was only running in and out for TH purposes or just fulltiming TH gear. :)
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
user: Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-08-20 09:01:13
Link | Citer | R

Helping a friend just put together his thf for DynaDC/SalvageII farming. This is what I'm putting together with not a huge amount of farming merits and doing new fights and then trying to win lots. Using dex augment on head. And OAT and crit rate on offhand.
ItemSet 327432
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-20 09:45:26
Link | Citer | R

You're already farming 3/5 119 pieces, you might as well add plunderer's vest +1 to that as well. It's a very good piece and gives your friend even more survivability in the process.

Also, rancorous mantle and nefarious collar are relatively cheap items straight from the AH. If you're afraid of the damage taken on Rancor Mantle you can still use Atheling Mantle, but in Dynamis Salvage II I've never even noticed it using all ilvl gear.

You should also upgrade his Item Not Found! while you are doing his relic hands, they would be a much more viable piece for TP.

Getting a One-eyed from the AH would probably help as well. Using Acid Bolts will let him cap Attack in those areas without using food. And it's way less delay than the Raider's Boomerang.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
user: Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-08-20 10:10:45
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
You're already farming 3/5 119 pieces, you might as well add plunderer's vest +1 to that as well. It's a very good piece and gives your friend even more survivability in the process.

Also, rancorous mantle and nefarious collar are relatively cheap items straight from the AH. If you're afraid of the damage taken on Rancor Mantle you can still use Atheling Mantle, but in Dynamis Salvage II I've never even noticed it using all ilvl gear.

You should also upgrade his Item Not Found! while you are doing his relic hands, they would be a much more viable piece for TP.

Getting a One-eyed from the AH would probably help as well. Using Acid Bolts will let him cap Attack in those areas without using food. And it's way less delay than the Raider's Boomerang.
,Thank you

From what I have seen thaumas still wins. Maybe in The process of salvage they will get skadi's. My thought was with iLVL in the other slots the small lost in survivability would go unnoticed. Rancorous is something worth trying. Idk what the difference from atheling/thaumas body vs plunders/rancorous as that sheets show thaumas being a better dps body. I figure once marksmanship has been skill they can use one-eyed

Also what is the best WS thief has available currently?
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-20 10:38:04
Link | Citer | R

Izhiikoh is simply an amazing dagger, nothing could catch ipetam up to it. It's got a little bit of everything you could possibly want.
Basically, it's slower and inferior to izhiikoh in every single way.

As far as "If I lack a mandau for mainhand?"

It's a reasonable mainhand simply having the highest base damage offhanding an izhiikoh. Sabebus A is better.

I'd rather see people use it than a sandung though, so there's that.

Long and short, nothing will make it the best offhand, and anything will make it a "good" mainhand. Which augs make it better than Sabebus vary by scenario. Obviously acc/att do nothing if you farm dynamis with it.

Quote:
Let me go ahead and save that 5 page argument. If you feel like posting that, just go ahead and read the last couple pages, it's been covered.

You sure bout' this? the Izhi/Ipe part. I mean, I don't doubt ya much its just, after looking at the two daggers I'm seeing

DMG:108 Delay:200 DEX+15 Acc+10 Attack+8 "Triple Attack +2"

Vs

(Accuracy +17 Attack+17 Double Attack +6%)
(Accuracy +17 Attack+17 Critical hit rate +6%)
(and this is assuming the acc/atk doesn't go to +20 like things like Macc/matk do)

Now this is also assuming SE didn't go full retard on 1-handed weapons and give them half-values of the 2handed ones when it comes to the special benefits like Dblatk and crit rate... and its also assuming the Dbl/Crit caps at 6, which is the highest we've seen so far.

I know its a lot of ifs ands or buts...

Edit: Anyway, something to note, NQ Stone gave me "Waltz Potency +5%", so I mean, its looking pretty decent for DNC if the Nq gave me 5, HQ2 might go as high as 10 or 15.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-21 22:52:28
Link | Citer | R

After settling down a bit from the hype of the WS update, I've been noticing some stuff with different WS I've been using lately. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the same things?

Usually when I'm in Dynamis I feel like I get more reliable Exenerator's than Evisceration's, Salvage it's about 50/50 depending on the mob, and when I'm solo-meriting with trusts on DC Adoulin mobs I feel like I get more reliable Evisceration's.

Also, with Rudra's Storm, sometimes it's just not efficient to wait until 2000+ TP, and whenever I use it at 1000 TP I seem to get better numbers just using SA Mercy.

So lately I've been defaulting to this status for WS's.

Capped Attack situations @ 1000+ TP I use Exenerator.

Uncapped Attack @1000 TP situations and 2000+ TP I use Evisceration.

1000+ TP SA or TA I use Mercy Stroke.

2000+ TP SA or TA I use Rudra's Storm.

Has anyone else been noticing anything like this as well?
 Lakshmi.Veika
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2014-08-21 23:08:02
Link | Citer | R

Are your WS sets equally good?
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-21 23:16:58
Link | Citer | R

No No No No No

The words "reliable" and "evisceration" should never be used together unless you're under Mighty Strikes or in abyssea.

And get a moonshade with tp bonus on it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-21 23:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
And get a moonshade with tp bonus on it.

What makes you think I don't have one?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-21 23:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Now this is also assuming SE didn't go full retard on 1-handed weapons and give them half-values of the 2handed ones when it comes to the special benefits like Dblatk and crit rate... and its also assuming the Dbl/Crit caps at 6, which is the highest we've seen so far.

I know its a lot of ifs ands or buts...

Edit: Anyway, something to note, NQ Stone gave me "Waltz Potency +5%", so I mean, its looking pretty decent for DNC if the Nq gave me 5, HQ2 might go as high as 10 or 15.

I went to the jpwiki post, and the NQ/+1/+2 all seem to have the same cap, or within 1. So +2 augs (on not melee stats) have a supposed cap of 6-7.

I've yet to see any decent augment at all on any singlehanded weapon, only +17-20 on bows/guns/greatswords etc.

Again, it matters highly what your scenario is. 6 DA by itself, is still behind izhiikoh. And you can only have 1 "special" augment. so it's DA vs CRIT, the other augment, almost 100% has to be acc/att and most of the things you do on thf (again what scenario) acc/att are capped, so, there's that.

(and triple attack on izhiikoh is just awesome~!)

After settling down a bit from the hype of the WS update, I've been noticing some stuff with different WS I've been using lately. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the same things?

Usually when I'm in Dynamis I feel like I get more reliable Exenerator's than Evisceration's, Salvage it's about 50/50 depending on the mob, and when I'm solo-meriting with trusts on DC Adoulin mobs I feel like I get more reliable Evisceration's.

Also, with Rudra's Storm, sometimes it's just not efficient to wait until 2000+ TP, and whenever I use it at 1000 TP I seem to get better numbers just using SA Mercy.

So lately I've been defaulting to this status for WS's.

I got Rudra's technically always being the best ws, it has the highest gain from a multi attack. Exenterator should always be inferior.
SA Rudra's
TA Rudra's
1000% EXACT evisceration
1200% Rudra's (obviously rudra's missing first hit really makes it bad though) Evis is more consistent in that regard

Mercy is still GOOD, it's just 5-10% weaker than rudra's assuming best possible set up. Rudra's scales so *** high @ tp it's disgusting, seriously.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-21 23:42:11
Link | Citer | R

Evis vs Rudra's @ delve fodder w/ food no cor/brd

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-21 23:47:00
Link | Citer | R

Whenever I use Rudra's with SA at 1000~ TP I average about 1000 less than what I get with SA Mercy at 1000~ TP, Obviously the more TP I get the more Rudra's catches up.

And Evisceration is nice, and in DC mob merits it seems to average higher than Exenenerator, but whenever I'm in Dynamis Exenerator usually pulled ahead unless I get like 3/4 crits on Evisceration. Which happens decently, but I can get more reliable numbers using Exenerator in Dynamis.

Rudra's unstacked is nice at about 1200~ TP or so, but like you said when the first misses it sucks ***. Making it annoying as hell to rely on unstacked.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-21 23:51:10
Link | Citer | R

What makes you think I don't have one?

Because of your claim your mercy is competitive with Rudra at 1000tp

For Rudra, every point of TP(or maybe every 10TP?) contributes to damage, not increments of 1000tp. Given a good set, the earring alone adds 1k damage to rudra, given capped attack.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-21 23:53:32
Link | Citer | R

whenever I'm in Dynamis Exenerator usually pulled ahead unless I get like 3/4 crits on Evisceration.

Can you share with me what hax you use to tell how many of your WS hits crit'ed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-22 00:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Stroke vs rudra thf/dnc taru zero buffs @ dynamis DC
1000% exact tp

First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 261 262 263