The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 156 157 158
 Asura.Thorva
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-05-14 11:26:07
Link | Citer | R

So far with my gear and self buffing I am doing pretty well on parse, if I am not getting resist I typically hit first or second in parse. That has included some heavy hitting blm and even mythic blu. I was lucky one round of SR and actually beat Guuki (dnc) in parse, but I highly doubt he was paying much attention, kinda hard to keep up with 50k rudra spams.
As for top tier, no I don't think I am there, but I want to make sure I am pulling more weight than just rolls. I have nearly every piece of gear from the front page as week as 2 sets of herc. I ask for top tier just to aim for to be able to pick up slack and not drag pt down or at the very least speed the kills up. Hate the thought of being that one guy that shows up in half assed gear expecting others to do the work.
As you say it, it seems I shouldn't worry too much, I might be over stressing and critiquing myself. However I will spend more time using crooked cards and setting up the pts differently as it seems blm buffs may warrant more output especially if working with sc for darkness sc. Couple things I haven't been thinking of, so thank you for that. I will also build an m. Acc set in my lua for resisted wf/ls. If I am getting huge resist and I can alternate to m. Acc ws I might see some better numbers. If I find any difference I will for certain come back and give my experience with m. Acc ws sets.
Thank you for your help.
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2016-05-18 23:55:05
Link | Citer | R

Some questions about role durations. So to my knowledge you can get 5 mins base +100 seconds winning streak+ 30 seconds relic hat + 40 from job points. Are the af3 hands flat 50 seconds or 50% more. And what does the cape do, or is it broken like ogma's, or do the gloves cap that bonus from armor?
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-05-19 00:19:47
Link | Citer | R

while i can't check right now i'm quite sure the back is working, the hands are a base +50 seconds IIRC and total (not including gun since i don't use it much) i think i am somewhere around 9.5ish mins.
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2016-05-19 11:52:01
Link | Citer | R

Started Using motes GS for COR. Anyone know how to cchange the color to his add to chat function on COR effects/lucky/unlucky. Hard to make out in chat thanks.
 Asura.Baddog
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2016-05-19 12:13:14
Link | Citer | R

i like using rolltracker add on
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-05-19 19:50:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Baddog said: »
I can't get that thing to work with Baratria ring, I see it equipping but rolltracker quit recognizing it in chatlog.
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2016-05-20 16:55:23
Link | Citer | R

I appreciate what you are trying to do here, however, this does not answer my question.
By Afania 2016-05-20 17:22:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rodolfo said: »

I appreciate what you are trying to do here, however, this does not answer my question.

You may want to ask GS related questions in GS thread. GS experts may not read this thread if they don't play COR. People who players cor and read this thread may not be GS experts.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-20 18:06:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Thorva said: »
I can't get that thing to work with Baratria ring, I see it equipping but rolltracker quit recognizing it in chatlog.

Rolltracker only seems to think the ring exists if it's equipped well before the roll, not simply precasted in. I'm guessing rolltracker doesn't get the GS packet for it. But then the displayed effect really doesn't matter, only that the effect is on.

I use rolltracker and Mote's GS and between the chat log info and Timers having the # in it, I don't really have any issues.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-05-22 08:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Code
function display_roll_info(spell)
	rollinfo = rolls[spell.english]
	local rollsize = (state.LuzafRing.value and 'Large') or 'Small'

if rollinfo then
		add_to_chat(104, '[ Lucky: '..tostring(rollinfo.lucky)..' / Unlucky: '..tostring(rollinfo.unlucky)..' ] '..spell.english..': '..rollinfo.bonus..' ('..rollsize..') ')
	end
end

Change the 104 in Line #6 to some other value. Play around with it to find a color you like.

A better solution is to use the native split-window function to isolate system chat (Mote's lua add_to_chat is considered a system message, I think). I have two stacked chat boxes: window1 is for all /s, /p, /ls, /yell, and system messages, and window2 is for all battle info. When I roll, the add_to_chat message hangs in the first window, no matter how much battle spam is going on.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-27 14:59:54
Link | Citer | R

What's the most up to date Ranged attack, Wildfire, Leaden salute, Last stand you can have now?
I just finished Fomalhaut, and not to sure on where would be the best place to start for armor. I know Herc set for the most part, but not to sure on where to go and where to take pieces if you get me.

Also what would be the most important MUST HAVE Pieces from the relic and Empy set. I have the head body and working on the Boots for wild-card for the relic.
Sehe hasn't updated main post for a while... <_< I wouldn't be asking if the main page was up to date.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-27 15:18:47
Link | Citer | R

Artifact head is quite good for QD accuracy Just get Dampening or Carmine for QD accuracy. Everything else is only alright, but can fill gaps in gear as you work towards better options.

Every single relic piece should be at least 109. Each piece provides a benefit to a JA or rolls or something. Just an excellent set.

For Empyrean, the body is excellent for QD accuracy and absurdly good for when triple shot is up. Feet are an absolute necessity for the damage boost after using QD. Hands are another must-have for the duration bonus and they're also quite good for ranged TP. Head and legs are alright stopgaps to better pieces, but should be at least 109 for the bonuses to their specific rolls.

The absolute dream for Wildfire/Leaden would be 5/5 (Pixie Hairpin +1 for Leaden) Herculean with 10 AGI 35 MAB 5WSD (ignoring Dark Matter augments because that system can *** itself). Of course, the actual likelihood of getting a single piece with those stats, let alone 5, is so obscenely low that it's not worth the hassle.

The best set for those two would look something like this:

ItemSet 336634

For Wildfire, swap Pixie to a Herc helm, Archon to Garuda +1, and Moonshade to Crematio or Ishvara, still not entirely sure on which is best.

Camulus with AGI, macc/mdmg, and WSD. Personally, I did racc/ratk for my cape so it could double for a Last Stand cape, but macc/mdmg will be better.

Eschan stone if you're not getting weather.

Herculean pieces you'll want as much MAB/AGI/WSD as you can get. You can swap Adhemar Gamashes +1 for the feet for a safer bet, but you'll honestly spend less money building good Herculean feet than you would buying HQ Adhemar.

I haven't used my COR in a ranged situation in such a long time that I can't effectively state the best options for ranged TP anymore. Last Stand has also been so utterly disappointing to me in comparison to Savage Blade that I haven't kept my sets for it up-to-date either.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-05-27 15:25:17
Link | Citer | R

You can skip over the AF head as well. There are numerous options that are likely to already be in your inventory that are either better (Carmine or Herc with good augments) or only slightly worse (Dampening).
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-27 15:27:06
Link | Citer | R

Completely forgot about Dampening and Carmine, thanks. Yeah, disregard the AF set unless you're looking for stopgap pieces.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-27 15:27:20
Link | Citer | R

For the body on that Leaden set and a replacement earring. I play WHM main as you know so that earring is basically out of the question. The hands are a reasonable obtain on our server (For the carmine set) But with that body, i was glossing it over. Would the SR body be a suitable placeholder or just stick with the NQ version. And with the earring what should i use as a replacement?

>_> Your making it out as if im a gillionare and have gillions of gil to spend.

Reasonably of the Adhemar set why would i use some of that over Herc? I'm fine with getting like a million herc pieces, i've done some basic level research on armor, But reasonably here Corsair is going to be a more private time use over a LS content stuff unless it's just messing around, and even then im more likely to go pew pew, and Adhemar seems much more built towards Meleeing on COR rather than pew pewing.

Also any replacements for Arviana ringlet +1? Noone does WoE anymore >_>
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-05-27 15:34:46
Link | Citer | R

If you want downgrades, the guide actually has that covered pretty well. It's mostly just lacking JSE capes/Herc augments. There are some discrepancies with abjuration stuff due to it being last updated before they enhanced that gear.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-27 15:43:25
Link | Citer | R

A perfect Samnuha body will beat out NQ Carmine pretty handily. If you need to drop the Moonshade, Crematio would be your second-best option, possibly Ishvara if you're just stacked on MAB buffs. I was lucky and picked up a pair of HQ hands when I was selling on Fenrir for only 10m, so if our low supply and most likely higher prices are an issue, Herc hands are very close.

One of the main draws of the Adhemar set for pew pew are the STP on some pieces. 6 on hands, 7 on legs, 6 on path D feet. Really helps out when trying to make your x-hit for ranged TP. And for whatever stupid reason, STP is an off-path augment on Herculean when choosing the ranged path, so the likelihood of getting STP on high racc/ratk augments is absurdly low.

I haven't updated my ranged set in a bit, but my current low-accuracy setup is this:

ItemSet 343939

Last I tested, it got me a 4-hit without SAM roll and a 3-hit with. Combatant's torque, Marked Gorget, Ocachi Gorget are better neck choices when you need acc. A good Herculean helm with AGI and racc can replace Pursuer's. Then some Hajduk rings (ridiculously cheap) or NQ/HQ Cacoethic rings are good options for rings.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-27 15:44:11
Link | Citer | R

THe issue with the downgrades on the front of the page is that they are basically unreasonable compromises as someone who does so much end-game. And the front armor sets that aren't downgraded are unreasonable in that they are all largely +1 variants of stuff <_< There is no compromise!
By Afania 2016-05-27 18:49:09
Link | Citer | R

Any testing shows that you need to keep empy body on for entire duration of triple shot? Some people said you need to keep it on but is it confirmed?

If it's possible to use something else for TP when triple shot up it would be quite a bit of dps increase to free up the body slots.

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I haven't used my COR in a ranged situation in such a long time that I can't effectively state the best options for ranged TP anymore. Last Stand has also been so utterly disappointing to me in comparison to Savage Blade that I haven't kept my sets for it up-to-date either.

Last stand may be useful for aeonic owners for multi step radiance, although I haven't look into that, hopefully some aeonic owners could provide some info about it.

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
THe issue with the downgrades on the front of the page is that they are basically unreasonable compromises as someone who does so much end-game. And the front armor sets that aren't downgraded are unreasonable in that they are all largely +1 variants of stuff <_< There is no compromise!

With that many gear options available and random augments, plus wide variety of content, it's pretty tough to list sets properly though, especially for things like ranged TP, which could be total different depending on target, buffs, and which weapon you use. The ranged tp set used by aeonic would be different from mythic, the set you need for T1 would be different from T2 and T3, and T4 would use another set(at that point you may have floored racc even in max racc sets, making racc not so useful)
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-27 18:51:41
Link | Citer | R

Most if not all Empyrean gear JA bonuses must remain equipped for the duration of the JA assuming it's not something like increased duration. It's safe to assume COR Empyrean body follows the same rule.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2016-06-17 05:09:34
Link | Citer | R

Is odium still ideal Main hand or offhand? Just finished vagary and debating what to use turn-in on.
 Cerberus.Shurakai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Shurakai
By Cerberus.Shurakai 2016-06-17 08:44:08
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dade said: »
Is odium still ideal Main hand or offhand? Just finished vagary and debating what to use turn-in on.

It's not bad, but there are more useful options imo.

The best general purpose mainhand for cor is Fettering Blade in my opinion, which comes from the Dawn HTMB and is easily soloabke on N with the correct trust setup.

For offhand there are more options, and they are more situational. The ones that I mainly use are:

Blurred Knife (0/8 on +1)
Atoyac with OAT and mab
Demersal Degen

Next goal is getting a Kustawi +1 for ranged situations.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2016-06-17 13:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shurakai said: »

The best general purpose mainhand for cor is Fettering Blade in my opinion, which comes from the Dawn HTMB and is easily soloabke on N with the correct trust setup.

For offhand there are more options, and they are more situational. The ones that I mainly use are:

Atoyac with OAT and mab
Demersal Degen

Hey, I think you were in the vagary group I was in yesterday. My gear needs a lot of work atm.

I have been spaming Dawn easy trying to get sword. I currently have Atoyac with OAT and MAB. Is there a better reward to take for vagary for cor?

Also how hard is the Demersal Degen unity nm?
 Cerberus.Shurakai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Shurakai
By Cerberus.Shurakai 2016-06-17 14:51:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shurakai said: »

Atoyac with OAT and mab
Demersal Degen

Hey, I think you were in the vagary group I was in yesterday. My gear needs a lot of work atm.

I have been spaming Dawn easy trying to get sword. I currently have Atoyac with OAT and MAB. Is there a better reward to take for vagary for cor?

Also how hard is the Demersal Degen unity nm?

Yes, we were in the same Vagary group yesterday!

As for Vagary reward, I took the enervating earring which is a nice ranged earring. Other than that there are not that many great items for COR except maybe feast hose, defiant collar or etiolation earring.

For Dawn N I used Amchuchu, Arciela (1 not 2), Selt'heus, Apururu and whatever else you want, and never had any issues either on THF or on COR. Took me like 20-30 fights to get the sword. The droprate in Very Easy and Easy is terrible, so I would only bother with Normal or higher.

The Demersal Degen UNM wasn't too terrible, but not really soloable if I remember correctly. I did it with a PLD friend with his WHM dbox and me as COR. Went down pretty quickly to CDC > Leaden Salute, but would sometimes kill us with one of his moves. That said my cor was terribly geared back then, so I guess now it would be easier.

That said, feel free to poke me in-game if you have any other questions, or need any help!
 Sylph.Atigevomega
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2016-06-20 18:57:56
Link | Citer | R

Ok I have looked through several pages, asked around here and there, does anyone at all have a current or even semi current spreadsheet for cor. looking to be able to find customized sets based on my gear etc. Thank you in advance.
By Afania 2016-06-21 03:55:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Atigevomega said: »
Ok I have looked through several pages, asked around here and there, does anyone at all have a current or even semi current spreadsheet for cor. looking to be able to find customized sets based on my gear etc. Thank you in advance.

I have one with most of the gears, minus JSE II backpiece augment.

I can add them rq and send it to you if you want.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2016-06-21 07:44:02
Link | Citer | R

That would be awesome, thank you!
By Afania 2016-06-22 03:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Sent, check your pm!
By Afania 2016-06-22 04:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Also for those wondering what to augment on melee JSE II backpiece 3rd slot(DW+10 v.s DA+10 v.s stp+10), I took a very quick look on the spreadsheet, it seems that DW > all when haste not capped, or if you have super augment herc body piece with high QA and TA so none of your other slots uses DW gears.

If delay capped then stp> DA when WS avg is high(something like 15k), if WS avg is low then DA> stp.

My spreadsheet sets isn't optimized though, so it may be completely wrong .__.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-06-22 04:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Hey, I happened to make 2 Blurred Knifes +1 today and am wondering if it would pull ahead of the all mighty sword in main hand & offhand if spamming Magic WSes(better chance on leaden since tp overflow helps)? Sorry if its been asked before but I didn't see it. If not at least I got one to sell and oen to keep.

P.S. - I just download your spreadsheet btw Afania but haven't had time to input my gear yet so figured I'd ask here.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 156 157 158