Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 156 157 158
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-04-25 12:07:53
Link | Citer | R

Magic WSs cannot miss, ranged acc has no impact on magic WSs. ranged Attack also does nothing for magic WSs.
By Afania 2016-04-25 16:37:24
Link | Citer | R

kaempfer0080 said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
kaempfer0080 said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

pixie +1 is pretty much a must have for leaden, too good, especially when you have buffs from GEO. You can probably get away with herc head mab augment, but with GEO buffs pixie +1 should still pull ahead.

I was actually coming here to ask about Pixie +1 as well. Would a Herc helm augmented with 17 or more MAB be better than Pixie? I would think it must be, but is there something about the "Dark" MAB that makes it better? The Herc helm could also potentially have AGI and/or WSD, and good for WF too. What am I missing here?

Herc helm could win, if you have very high mab augment and wsd on it. Checking my excel, it shows that 40 mab and 5 wsd augment beats pixie +1 with nq malaise(malaise favors pixie+1). But if you only have mab but not wsd, even with 50 mab augment pixie still gonna win.

Also, your leaden set should be separate from wf set. Leaden has higher AGI mode than WF, thus they should be geared differently. Some gear that's good for leaden may not be good for wf.

Thanks again for the replies, that cleared up some questions I've had about gearing for COR WS's. They still generally confuse me though, it seems like a lot of stats can affect COR Magic and Physical WS. For example, do RAcc and RAtk have an effect on LS and Wildfire? If they do, what sort of effect do they have in comparison to Magic Accuracy, Magic Damage, etc. I would guess that Racc helps the WS to land in the first place and then Macc is used in magic resist calculations, but how about ratk? I'm wondering what to prioritize, although to be clear I'm not thinking of prioritizing either of those stats over magic oriented ones.

physical and magical ws are geared differently in this game. But to start with your question about macc:

Unless I missed some info posted somewhere, I think magical ws acc is one thing that is not confirmed nor tested by the player base.
At one point of time there were rumors about racc may affect magical ws/QD acc. But I've never notice any difference with more racc and I highly doubt that's true.

Also at one point of time there were rumors that AGI could affect QD/magical WS acc, but it's also not confirmed.

I'm pretty sure your marksmanship skill and macc could affect magical WS acc though, the difference is quite noticeable on higher lv targets by changing macc buffs around.

So if you're worry about resists, just go for more macc from GEO buffs/temp items.

FYI, magical ws can't miss like the above poster said. But if you get a resist, you do 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 damage like other magic damage such as BLM nukes.

For magical ws, just gear for AGI, mab, WSD. If you can't decide which one to prioritize, you can check the WS formula on 1st page:

{[2 * (Your AGI – Enemy INT)] + {fTP * [152 + [(WeaponLevel-99) * 2.45] + (AGI)]} + (Magic Damage)} * Affinity * MAB * staff bonus * day/weather bonuses

Or use my excel to calculate magical ws damage:

https://docs.zoho.com/file/n7dt9737650532eb84988a9ce4192efd00fff

For magical WS, you don't need to worry about gearing for macc for now. You won't face resist issues until very high level content(Reisenjima T3/T4, WoC etc). And 90% of the community don't use DD COR in those content. If you happen to be in the minority of groups that incorporate leaden salute into death rotations in high level content, fat chances are you're going to have an idris GEO doing macc buffs as well. Therefore, for leaden salute/wf just gear for damage, damage and more damage.

For physical WS, there is also a formula that calculates physical ws damage:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Weapon_Skill_Damage#Calculating_Physical_Weapon_Skill_Damage

(floor(( Weapon Base Damage + (Ammo Damage) + fSTR(2) + WSC ) × fTP))x pDIF

racc determines your hit rate, AGI is your WSC, rattk affects your pDif. WSD also works pretty well on some of the COR physical WS such as last stand and savage blade.

To quickly answer your question about Racc/rattk, both can affect your physical ws damage, but both also has a cap that once you hit certain amount of racc/rattk, it's not going to add anymore damage.

To decide which gear to prioritize when gearing for physical WS, the fastest way is to use montenten's dps spreadsheet:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?usp=drive_web&id=0B0A0wGYYRRdaZjdlNTdkNTEtMDMyYy00OTVmLWI4N2ItNDMwMDI1N2VkYWZk&ddrp=1#

The older version is kinda obsolete since SE changed the pdif cap last update. Nightfyre and I are currently working on a new one though, so you may have to wait for a bit if you want a more accurate ws calculations.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-28 17:11:31
Link | Citer | R

Since the 1st page didn't list 3000 tp leaden salute set, decided to post some sets that I've been playing with:

ItemSet 343439

Fotia neck over mab neck if you're hitting damage cap 99999 with 3k tp, for 1% of chance to keep 3000 tp after WS. If you can hit 99999 without obi then feel free to use fotia belt for 1% more chance to keep your tp as well :p....although it's going to be quite hard to hit 99999 without obi unless soldier's drink is used, or you have very good gear/buffs.

Ishavara may beat Crematio with lots of mab buffs.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-01 06:04:15
Link | Citer | R

What does "Affinity" mean in the Wildfire/Leaden calc? Finally getting back to looking over my COR sets.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-01 07:16:51
Link | Citer | R

It's a separate multiplier from mab specific to the element. So it's quite powerful.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-01 07:34:13
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's a separate multiplier from mab specific to the element. So it's quite powerful.

So like Pixie hairpin?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-01 07:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-04 03:28:12
Link | Citer | R

What are the ideal swords/daggers to use for TP with Last Stand and Leaden Salute? I was looking at Demersal Degen +1/Demersal Degen for Last Stand and Fettering Blade/Demersal Degen +1 for Leaden Salute. Am I overrating Demersal Degens for COR?
By Afania 2016-05-04 03:32:45
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
What are the ideal swords/daggers to use for TP with Last Stand and Leaden Salute? I was looking at Demersal Degen +1/Demersal Degen for Last Stand and Fettering Blade/Demersal Degen +1 for Leaden Salute. Am I overrating Demersal Degens for COR?

Last time when I checked spreadsheet before pdif update it was blurred knife +1/blurred knife +1 for last stand. Fettering/atoyac for leaden salute assuming no issues with acc. If acc is an issue then fettering/blurred knife +1.

It may change post update because I currently don't have new sheet and waaay too busy to finish adding gears to it.

Assuming blurred knife +1 has same OAT rate as degen, it should be better weapon than degen for cor. It's not ex rare, so you should be able to get 2 I think, unlike degen you're stuck with nq if using both for last stand.

That being said, last stand is pretty much sub war or bust, I would suggest just sub war and don't offhand anything .-.
By Afania 2016-05-07 20:59:33
Link | Citer | R

Been playing with wf calculatior this afternoon and I think wf may have the potential to beat leaden salute in situations that you're only spamming one ws at 1000 tp repeatedly instead of multi step, just because wf can sc with each other.

Assuming the target takes equal amount of dark and fire damage, 220 mab and agi, nq malaise(-30 mdb), 13% weather bonus(obi+ zodiac ring), 119 III REM, 33 affinity, 10% wsd, 237 magic damage.

Leaden salute at 1000 tp with DPIII: 23019
2 leaden salute=46038

Change gears to wf, got 50 more AGI from arma III, 9 more AGI from ring, 25 more agi from herc head and 40 more mab from the same slot, so 304 agi and 260 mab.

16963 ws dmg. With fire shot 25% bonus= 21203. Leaden salute is only 9% ahead of wildfire. If using 2 wf for darkness(it should do the same damage as closing ws no?), it would be 63609 with fireshots, 50889 without.

Also it seems that makes DNC sub potentially superior to RDM sub for WF spamming assuming someone else is giving out storms. Although DNC loses mab job trait, but it gains 4 more AGI (I think?), and offhand slot which is 10 mab 12 AGI, plus 8% SC bonus.

Using the same set, sub DNC dmg would be 16825, darkness sc would be 18171 from 8% sc bonus.

Sub rdm total dmg (no fire shot): 50889
Sub dnc total:51821

Thoughts? I think people often underestimate wildfire damage, was kinda shocked to see wf dmg this close to leaden at 1000 tp.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-09 11:40:55
Link | Citer | R

Is the front page up to date or is there another more update to date sets somewhere on these back pages? If not does anyone have an up to date tp set, quick draw and ws set ? Thanks in advance
 Sylph.Jrpg
Serveur: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2016-05-11 22:57:25
Link | Citer | R

What would be a good first Ambuscade melee cape for COR? Not sure if I should go STP or DA.
By Triffle 2016-05-12 13:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Is Odium still the second best offhand for COR for accuracy if you can't afford at Blurred Dagger +1?
By Afania 2016-05-12 17:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Triffle said: »
Is Odium still the second best offhand for COR for accuracy if you can't afford at Blurred Dagger +1?

I believe so, unless I'm missing something.

Sylph.Jrpg said: »
What would be a good first Ambuscade melee cape for COR? Not sure if I should go STP or DA.

You may want to check spreadsheet for DW+10, since it frees up your body and ear slot for herc body and DA or stp earring when sub nin, or whatever DW extra slot that you use when sub dnc without samba.

Considering melee cor neverrrr gets haste anyways, maybe it's better to keep a high DW melee set for low haste situations. 10 DW on a backpiece seems to solve half the problem.

I can see STP+10 has other none melee tp use though, such as using it as part of occult acumen set in high lv content mage setup, or QD stp sets.
By Afania 2016-05-13 00:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
I forgot I did this, but a while back I subbed Dark Knight. For Occult Acumen. Seriously.

We were fighting WoC and I felt my tp generation was too slow with just Tacticians. I was thinking about my sub job and realized that it didn't matter that much. Healing was a non-issue, I was essentially just doing rolls and waiting for TP to Open RLB for Gravitation. So for fun I went out and made an Occult Acumen build for COR. Bio II is the best spell for TP. With an 11 Samurai roll I was getting 60tp per Bio II, effectively doubling my TP generation. The base recast of Bio II is so low you can essentially just spam it. With my refresh vorseals, MP was never an issue either.

It's pretty worthless for a lot of scenarios, but being able to drop in those magical WS to open or close chains with the SCH is a useful boon to a group. Probably not worth using on a lot of stuff, but it worked quite well for WoC.

Hey Trulusia,

Besides /drk, sam roll and stp sets, did you also use Arendsi Fleuret and oneiros rope for occult acumen build? Seems quite unlikely to get 60 tp off bio II with just sam roll and stp gears since it's only 25% of mp.
 Cerberus.Shurakai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Shurakai
By Cerberus.Shurakai 2016-05-13 07:07:23
Link | Citer | R

So I'm trying to work a bit on my melee TP set and would be happy to have some input.

What I'm currently using:

ItemSet 343702

Adhemar Jacket Path A
Adhemar Wristbands Path D
Max Tights and almost max Tam
Herc Boots: Acc+25, Att+36, TA+2

This is what I'm currently aiming for:

ItemSet 343703

Cape would be augmented with DW as I came to the same conclusion as Afania regarding CORs issues with capping haste.

Is there anything you would change about that set considering I can do up to Reisen T2s (maybe T3s) and cannot afford any +1 abj. gear?
By geigei 2016-05-13 08:01:42
Link | Citer | R

Windbuffet+1? also what ws you use?
By Shurakai 2016-05-13 09:38:12
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Windbuffet+1? also what ws you use?

Windbuffet +1 is definitely an option considered I'm overcapped on gear haste, so the 3% on Sarissaphorai Belt are wasted. Thanks for the input!

My WS depends on what I'm fighting, but mainly Leaden Salute, Wildfire and Savage Blade (my Last Stand set is not that great and the other options seem superior imho).
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-05-13 09:54:23
Link | Citer | R

don't forget Dignitary earring, great acc and STP piece.
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2016-05-13 11:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Kentarch Belt +1 is also a great option, especially with COR's lower combat skills.
And the free sTP if your Unity ranking is decent.
By Afania 2016-05-13 15:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Shurakai said: »
My WS depends on what I'm fighting, but mainly Leaden Salute, Wildfire and Savage Blade (my Last Stand set is not that great and the other options seem superior imho).

It is not your last stand set being bad that you can't get high numbers from this ws. Savage blade is 50% STR 50% MND, last stand is 85% AGI. With all that stat vomit on newer gears SB just gets much higher WSC. My SB had like 100 more WSC if I remember correctly.

Also SB starts at 10.25 ftp with magian gun before moonshade, last stand has like 4(I think?) before gorget, belt, fencer , aeonic bonus and moonshade. Even at 3k tp it still has less ftp than Savage.

SB may also have higher attack for being STR mod.

Unless you have aeonic, needs piercing dmg ,opening SC or doing ranged damage, I don't see it worth using IMO. And if Im using it Id probably /war for it and kill myself without defense and shadows .-.
 Cerberus.Shurakai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Shurakai
By Cerberus.Shurakai 2016-05-13 15:32:42
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Phoenix.Cyrinn said: »
Kentarch Belt +1 is also a great option, especially with COR's lower combat skills.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do have some pieces to swap in for accuracy like Zennaroi, Grounded Mantle, Kentarch+1, Sanctity neck / Lissome neck.

I do plan on getting a Dignatary earring as another accuracy option for earring slot (and hopefully Telos earring too at some point).

Afania said: »

It is not your last stand set being bad that you can't get high numbers from this ws. Savage blade is 50% STR 50% MND, last stand is 85% AGI. With all that stat vomit on newer gears SB just gets much higher WSC. My SB had like 100 more WSC if I remember correctly.

Also SB starts at 10.25 ftp with magian gun before moonshade, last stand has like 4(I think?) before gorget, belt, fencer , aeonic bonus and moonshade. Even at 3k tp it still has less ftp than Savage.

Unless you have aeonic, needs piercing dmg ,opening SC or doing ranged damage, I don't see it worth using IMO. And if Im using it Id probably /war for it and kill myself without defense and shadows .-.

Ok, that does make sense. I did update my SB set recently making some Carmine pieces and so on, and it's starting to pull some decent numbers. That said, would you recommend getting fotia belt + gorget for SB? (Currently using Caro necklace + Grunfeld Rope) Also I'm guessing SB is ideally used at ~2k TP?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-13 15:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shurakai said: »

Thanks for the suggestions. I do have some pieces to swap in for accuracy like Zennaroi, Grounded Mantle, Kentarch+1, Sanctity neck / Lissome neck.

I do plan on getting a Dignatary earring as another accuracy option for earring slot (and hopefully Telos earring too at some point).

Ok, that does make sense. I did update my SB set recently making some Carmine pieces and so on, and it's starting to pull some decent numbers. That said, would you recommend getting fotia belt + gorget for SB? (Currently using Caro necklace + Grunfeld Rope)
Cerberus.Shurakai said: »

I Use caro and prosilio. And no, you don't use sb at 2k tp, you use tp bonus magian and ws at 1k tp.

With crooked card lucky chaos roll and right gears, you should be doing 25k-34k SB on t1.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-05-13 22:45:42
Link | Citer | R

If anyone would be willing to share some updated cor sets that would be really great. Need to know what all I am missing.

melee, melee DW, acc, acc dw, leaden w and w/out weather/day, wildfire w and w/out weather/day, savage blade, last stand. /ra, /ra acc.

I keep hearing these massive numbers and I would really like to know the gear you are all running for top tier.
By Afania 2016-05-14 00:14:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Thorva said: »
If anyone would be willing to share some updated cor sets that would be really great. Need to know what all I am missing.

melee, melee DW, acc, acc dw, leaden w and w/out weather/day, wildfire w and w/out weather/day, savage blade, last stand. /ra, /ra acc.

I keep hearing these massive numbers and I would really like to know the gear you are all running for top tier.

I'm not a "top tier" player so I don't have anything interesting to share. However I may be able to give you some pointers to improve your dmg.

1. Doing dmg in FFXI has always been 50% buffs 50% gears. Every epeen WS numbers you see on forums all came from having appropriate buffs and party setups.

Therefore, if you're not seeing same lv of dmg, first (and probably the easiest way) is to get the right buffs.

*In Escha you can use temps, popping temps will increase your WS dmg drastically.

*If using physical WS, always upgrade it to dia 4 with lightshot. Pdif cap is quite high these days, there is a huge difference between low attack and high attack.

*You can super buff your rolls by saving your crooked card/snake eye/fold on rolls that increase your WS dmg, which is chaos roll and wizards. That means always do chaos/wizards first because first roll will often have higher buff potency with JA on. Additionally, you can pop drk or blm trusts to force proc job bonus for even more potency.

*If you have a real whm in PT, make sure to use boost agi for magical WS, or boost str for savage. It's +25 if I remember correctly, which is a lot.

Additionally, if Cor is your main DPS in PT and you have Geo, all 3 bubbles should be bubbles that can directly boost dmg.

*Fire shot WF!! Or abuse true shot bonus for last stand if you can.

*More importantly, you need to setup the PT yourself 90% of time, and learn how to lead and organize PT. COR is never a mainstream DPS job in FFXI, the that means every PT setup you read on the forums, or every PUG you see in town, are not built for DD Cor. Most likely you'll see a PT that's built for blm or blu, and you are just there to buff *** and not expected to do dmg. If you join those groups, you'll just get buffs that's suitable for blu or blm, but not suitable for Cor. In the end you won't do dmg very well regardless of gears, because boost INT and INT bubbles dont do jack ***for leaden and wf. Years of playing this job, I've learned that if I want any chance to play COR like DD and look good on parse, I have to make my own parties, otherwise I'll just do subpar dmg that's not worth a damn. Back in delve 2 days I even went as far as purposely enter delve before darksday so my leaden do more dmg and parse higher.

And if doing NM that uses death rotation strat, always use leaden as part of darkness SC. Otherwise Cor can't parse high period.

2. Now on to gears which is what you ask about.

*Like every other DD job these days, having both AG weapons help a lot. DD jobs just can't compete without legendary. Owning AG DP gives you access to 33 more mab in ammo slot, which is very significant. Also 50 AGI from arma makes a difference for wf.

*Again, like every other DD job in FFXI, 80% of your gear set quality are based on your luck with DM augment. WSD goes up to 9% with DM, MAB goes up to 50. Not sure about AGI but it's probably higher that 15? Hitting high numbers on all 3 stats means a big boost in your WS dmg that no other gears can come close. If you have bad luck then your set will be weak. So make sure you keep your account active during DM campaign or toss Gil and do good deeds for good karma.

*The ideal Aug for leaden wf is AGI/mab/wsd, for savage is strictly/attk/wsd. If you feel you are not hitting hard enough on Cor, you simply need better Aug. You can probably roll with HQ set if you can't get high Aug, but for wf legs and head slot, I can't find good alternatives that's anywhere close to DM Aug gears.

3.Last but not least, passion ._. If you love the job, you will be able to do dmg and vice versa.

And be nice to Spicyryan .______.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-14 01:14:56
Link | Citer | R

{Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.}
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-14 05:09:04
Link | Citer | R

If you're wondering anyway the guide will be updated this summer(probably july)

YouTube Video Placeholder

please hang in there.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-05-14 07:57:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm not a "top tier" player so I don't have anything interesting to share. However I may be able to give you some pointers to improve your dmg.

1. Doing dmg in FFXI has always been 50% buffs 50% gears. Every epeen WS numbers you see on forums all came from having appropriate buffs and party setups.
Therefore, if you're not seeing same lv of dmg, first (and probably the easiest way) is to get the right buffs.
I was figuring a lot of my lacking in dps would be in the buffs clause but wasn't sure, I don't by any means feel I am a top tier good, maybe above average if I am lucky.

Quote:
*In Escha you can use temps, popping temps will increase your WS dmg drastically.

*If using physical WS, always upgrade it to dia 4 with lightshot. Pdif cap is quite high these days, there is a huge difference between low attack and high attack.

*You can super buff your rolls by saving your crooked card/snake eye/fold on rolls that increase your WS dmg, which is chaos roll and wizards. That means always do chaos/wizards first because first roll will often have higher buff potency with JA on. Additionally, you can pop drk or blm trusts to force proc job bonus for even more potency.

Something I do forget to do is run temps a lot of the time. As for Dia I think it is time to start hounding the mages in my party. (I finally got them to start using haste....)Crooked cards is another thing I almost never use and need to start.
Quote:
*If you have a real whm in PT, make sure to use boost agi for magical WS, or boost str for savage. It's +25 if I remember correctly, which is a lot.

Additionally, if Cor is your main DPS in PT and you have Geo, all 3 bubbles should be bubbles that can directly boost dmg.
What bubbles should be used? I assume M. Acc, MaB, and -M. Def
Quote:
*Fire shot WF!! Or abuse true shot bonus for last stand if you can.
I rarely use any other element, pretty much pop fire shot whenever timer is there. That is 2.5k+ dmg just from the shot alone.
Quote:
*More importantly, you need to setup the PT yourself 90% of time, and learn how to lead and organize PT. COR is never a mainstream DPS job in FFXI, the that means every PT setup you read on the forums, or every PUG you see in town, are not built for DD Cor. Most likely you'll see a PT that's built for blm or blu, and you are just there to buff *** and not expected to do dmg. If you join those groups, you'll just get buffs that's suitable for blu or blm, but not suitable for Cor. In the end you won't do dmg very well regardless of gears, because boost INT and INT bubbles dont do jack ***for leaden and wf. Years of playing this job, I've learned that if I want any chance to play COR like DD and look good on parse, I have to make my own parties, otherwise I'll just do subpar dmg that's not worth a damn. Back in delve 2 days I even went as far as purposely enter delve before darksday so my leaden do more dmg and parse higher.
Already dealing with this, most the times I am buff *** and end up buffing myself
Quote:
And if doing NM that uses death rotation strat, always use leaden as part of darkness SC. Otherwise Cor can't parse high period.
Another reason to lead parties, so many people only think that sch and sc and refuse to let cors close a sc.
[/quote]
2. Now on to gears which is what you ask about.

*Like every other DD job these days, having both AG weapons help a lot. DD jobs just can't compete without legendary. Owning AG DP gives you access to 33 more mab in ammo slot, which is very significant. Also 50 AGI from arma makes a difference for wf.
[/quote]
I have doomsday, but as it started I only leveled cor about 3-4 weeks ago to get in groups, not really sure I want to commit to r/e/m on cor just yet.
Quote:
*Again, like every other DD job in FFXI, 80% of your gear set quality are based on your luck with DM augment. WSD goes up to 9% with DM, MAB goes up to 50. Not sure about AGI but it's probably higher that 15? Hitting high numbers on all 3 stats means a big boost in your WS dmg that no other gears can come close. If you have bad luck then your set will be weak. So make sure you keep your account active during DM campaign or toss Gil and do good deeds for good karma.
DM?
Quote:
*The ideal Aug for leaden wf is AGI/mab/wsd, for savage is strictly/attk/wsd. If you feel you are not hitting hard enough on Cor, you simply need better Aug. You can probably roll with HQ set if you can't get high Aug, but for wf legs and head slot, I can't find good alternatives that's anywhere close to DM Aug gears.
Does AGI help with resist? I have been learning that MaB, at least for me, puts AGI to shame most times. I have even gone as far as sekkanoki popping at 100% tp just to swap 1 piece at a time to find my highest possible dmg. My leaden caps at just over 10k at 100% tp and 25k without any buffs and 300% tp. I feel I am fairly decent on leaden. My WF is pretty stagnant at about 11k. I have removed almost all wsdmg pieces outside of gear that has MaB on it already as I was seeing for me that MaB was a much clearer winner in dmg, not by just 10-20 dmg, I mean a few MaB was showing several hundred to at some points over 1k more dmg than if I used strictly wsdmg.
However I do see I run into resist on higher tier nm's and was debating adding m. acc set for leaden/wf to see if that helps. I just have yet to do it as I have not found evidence to support M. Acc will help with resist.
Quote:
3.Last but not least, passion ._. If you love the job, you will be able to do dmg and vice versa.
Can do dmg because I love to do dmg, sadly again, only really on cor to help ls out when cor needed. Not my first job choice, but I don't want to half *** a job and make those around me suffer.
Quote:
Yeah... I tried that, even had him in my shell, but the need to be the center of attention by intentionally going around finding ways to mess with people for child like self entertainment gets old. I won't deal with a troll no matter how much he whines about it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-14 08:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Please keep interpersonal drama out of this thread. Thank you.
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-14 09:35:13
Link | Citer | R

stuff
Bubbles: mdef-, mab, AGI for lower tier stuff, macc if you see resist. Or macc if you're in a PT of blm and they need macc.

DM=dark matter Aug.

1 mab would beat 1 AGI, yes. There is a formula to calculate the WS dmg, which is on the first page. Or you can use my calculator I posted few posts back to calculate the dmg to decide how to gear.

DM=dark matter Aug on herc gears. Honestly asides new JSE back piece and herc, there aren't many new gears that's upgrade from 1st page. If you have gears from the 1st page and buffs, and still not hitting hard enough, then it's probably the difference between Aug.

There are no evidence to support macc helps with resist, but my personal experience is they do help. So if you get resist, you can use macc bubbles or eat macc food. I don't find sacrificing mab gears for macc worth it though, you can get lots of macc from food, but there are no high mab food that I'm aware of(are there?) Sacrificing gear slot for macc seems like a waste to me.

There are also no evidence that AGI helps with resist.

If you are just lving the job to get invite, you are good enough. Most groups don't give a damn about Cor output in PT, as long as they get rolls and ja reset, you are good. If you can pop a 10k WS here and there, they'll be super satisfied and think you're good. The expectations of this job is damn low. Unlike Sam in 2014 or blu in 2016, you won't see elitists pop a parse result in PT chat after a run then start drama because you parse low.

So yeah, don't worry about it.

That being said, a well geared Cor still has ability to do dmg that's comparable if not more than blms in certain situations/setups. I wish the community could recognize that, but I stopped trying to convince people after failing to do so for years.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Please keep interpersonal drama out of this thread. Thank you.

Sorry, was meant to be a joke because Spicyryan is like the most hated player on this website ._.
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 156 157 158