Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 156 157 158
By Triffle 2016-02-03 15:40:33
Link | Citer | R

I have a question about guns. Is the gun Holliday from the T2 Reisenjima NM better than Doomsday? Seems like you could get more MAB and Agility on it than you can on Doomsday.
By Sidiov 2016-02-03 16:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Triffle said: »
I have a question about guns. Is the gun Holliday from the T2 Reisenjima NM better than Doomsday? Seems like you could get more MAB and Agility on it than you can on Doomsday.
My big problem with Holliday is there is no magic path on it. MAB is a off-path augment only, so rare and crappy in my experience.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-02-03 17:03:26
Link | Citer | R

I have seen large amounts of agi on Holliday but being that it's all or nothing random augments you can usualy get better overall on doomsday with pinpoint random augments.
By Triffle 2016-02-03 17:27:19
Link | Citer | R

I've had really shitty luck on my Doomsday which is why I was wondering. Been trying to get MAB higher than 16 with no luck and I've used at least a hundred of Leafslits and a hundred leafstips without any luck on even getting 1% WS damage.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-02-03 17:30:27
Link | Citer | R

idk about you but when I was augmenting doomsday I had almost no money lol, so I used all NQ for awhile and was still able to get 19 MAB and 4% WSD.
By Triffle 2016-02-03 17:34:19
Link | Citer | R

I was using a mixture of NQs, +1s and +2s. I guess that's RNG for you.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-02-03 17:49:00
Link | Citer | R

good ole augment system, but doomsday unlike most other skirmish weps has held its value quite well, so still a decent investment.
By Sandmaster 2016-02-03 22:10:38
Link | Citer | R

I've thrown well over 300 tip's, had crit rate, crit dmg+, but for now I just have to stick with STP+6. I also have MAB&MACC on it. +15 of each and +17 STR+AGL which I'm a little annoyed because I was offerec +23AGL a long while ago whilst I was going for +20 of each. I would ideally want MAB&MACC+20 - that 20Macc play's it's part for QD. Personal Choice for that.

Also I have a Doomsday with D+16 Racc&Ratt Snapshot+7 that I don't use - would that make much of a difference to Last Stand? Also, Last Stand I typically use to solo WKR to close light. Its for Trust times where yuo have to use King and feel like pushing the digit's up. It's not really hard to end up with 27K+ Last Stands. I would love a geo in my pocket as once you pass 12K LStand's each time you drop a mob's defence further you see substantial K's of DMG on top. I tried Sylvie (UC) for this but Chaos Roll & LightSt DIAIII was just to much for her and switched from Fury/Frail or Torpr/Vex when Acc is overly capped out. That's before I get started with the Box Steps on NM's.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-06 22:51:26
Link | Citer | R

Hi all,

I need some gear advice for gearing sneak attack savage blade. Since I've read about ppl beating Erinys with DD/THF and SA WS, decided to put together a set in advance in case I need it in the future if not going /SMN.

I don't know how sneak attack works though, do we gear for crit-hit damage for it?

Does Molybdosis(crit-hit dmg+10%) beat Ataktos(tp bonus +1000%)?

Is it ideal to use Adhemar Bonnet for crit-hit dmg+5% over WSD +3% head(herc or lilitu)?

Thanks in advance.
By BilunSalaes 2016-02-08 09:38:56
Link | Citer | R

Good morning everyone. Question about Fotia Belt / Gorget: Would it be worth it to use as WS pieces for Leaden / Wildfire or would the 15-20ish MAB from equipment beat out? I assume they stack, so that seems like a 20% boost to WS damage combined.... would be worth more than the MAB... thoughts?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-02-08 10:04:22
Link | Citer | R

MAB wins, I asked in here before about WS belt/gorgets they just add ftp which does almost nothing for magic WS.
By BilunSalaes 2016-02-08 14:12:41
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, I wish SE wouldn't put the +10% WS damage increase because that's very misleading for MAB ws.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-02-08 15:52:27
Link | Citer | R

Get a weather effect and use the Obi. :)
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2016-02-10 07:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Death Penalty reforge:
DMG:101 Delay:480 Magic Damage+217 Marksmanship skill +269 Enhances "Quick Draw" effect V "Leaden Salute" Aftermath: Increases Ranged Accuracy and Ranged Attack Occasionally attacks twice or thrice Afterglow Dispense: Living bullets
<1/1 0:10/[1:00:00, 0:10]>

Living Bullet
DMG:245 Delay:240 Magic Accuracy+25 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+35

I can't even. Time to break the bank on those 10k beitetsu. God help me if that Aftermath is for melee and ranged.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-10 08:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Here is list of new COR gear in .dat mine so far:

Armageddon 119 III
DMG:143 Delay:582 AGI+50 Magic Damage+217 Marksmanship skill +269 "Wildfire" Aftermath: Occasionally attacks for triple damage Afterglow Dispense: Devastating bullets

Best WF gun. Also it should be the gun for cor with the highest racc in this game. Skill+269 and AGI+50 is massive boost to racc, it also dispense new bullets with massive racc.

Edit: And don't forget crit-hit rate +5% afterglow effect for your BLU DNC THF friends.

Devastating bullets
DMG:277 Delay:240 Ranged Accuracy+35 Magic Accuracy+35

This beats Animikii bullet for dark/light shot with 5 more macc. It's also the highest racc bullet.

Death Penalty 119 III:

DMG:101 Delay:480 Magic Damage+217 Marksmanship skill +269 Enhances "Quick Draw" effect V "Leaden Salute" Aftermath: Increases Ranged Accuracy and Ranged Attack Occasionally attacks twice or thrice Afterglow Dispense: Living bullets

Not sure if OA 2~3 is a typo until someone post jp .dat mine result. If it is then it'll be BS op......OA3 proc on ranged ws can I has :D!

Living bullet:

QD/magical WS.

Fomalhaut new stat:

DMG:167 Delay:600 Magic Accuracy+40 Magic Damage+155 Marksmanship skill +269 "Store TP"+10 "TP Bonus"+500 "Last Stand" Aftermath: Increases skillchain potency Increases magic burst potency Ultimate Skillchain Dispense: chrono bullets"

Last stand gun, also dispense new bullet for last stand.

Chrono bullets:
DMG:300 Delay:240 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+20

D300 bullet! Unless I'm missing something this should be the bullet with the highest D. pretty interesting that our best physical DD bullet has as much D as RNG now. It even has higher D than Anni's bullet, just 10 less rattk.

Kustawi(NQ/HQ)
DMG:113 Delay:195 Ranged Accuracy+24 Ranged Attack+15 Evasion+22 Dagger skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Enmity-4 Unity Ranking: "Rapid Shot"+3~7

DMG:114 Delay:189 Ranged Accuracy+25 Ranged Attack+16 Evasion+22 Dagger skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Enmity-5 Unity Ranking: "Rapid Shot"+3~7

New /ra dagger, haven't check if this dagger beats other current options for melee dps. I highly doubt it though, since this dagger doesn't have any relevant melee stats.

Note that /DNC dual wielding this dagger with fettering blade or both NQ/HQ version of this dagger has higher racc than /RNG single wield when sharpshot isn't up.

Looks like Armageddon for WF/high racc builds, dp for leaden/QD and maaaybe AM3 if it's not typo, Fomalhaut for last stand.

With such crazy amount of racc we have now, maybe rng burn harder NM would be viable? Since DW 2 high racc weapons give 52 extra racc, alone with bullet slot for extra +35. That's one advantage many melee jobs don't have.....they only have ammo slot available and some can't even DW.

Edit: Just noticed I forgot to mention arma is the best racc gun for COR only, fixed!
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2016-02-10 08:41:44
Link | Citer | R

It's hard to tell if the OA2-3 is a typo since Gastra's description is also messed up.

I love Living Bullets as a shootable Animiiki Bullet. Chrono Bullets might make me pick up the work on Fomalhaut as well.

Wonder if Deathlocke got any interesting paths.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-10 08:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Stepth said: »

Wonder if Deathlocke got any interesting paths.

Quoting someone else:

Valefor.Madranta said:
A friend is telling me: Deathlocke rank 11
Magic Damage +22, MAB +8, AGI +8

Sadly it seems to got gimped DD stats, was expecting some utility stats so there's a use for it. No reason to pick it up unless you don't have better options(or really need -enmity build for w/e reason).
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2016-02-10 08:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Sadly it seems to get gimped DD stats, was expecting some utility stats so there's a use for it. No reason to pick it up unless you don't have better options(or really need -enmity build for w/e reason).

Yeah was wondering if it got something akin to Compensator. Oh well, it's gonna remain in storage.
 Sylph.Xijaah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-10 08:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Armageddon 119 III
DMG:143 Delay:582 AGI+50 Magic Damage+217 Marksmanship skill +269 "Wildfire" Aftermath: Occasionally attacks for triple damage Afterglow Dispense: Devastating bullets

Best WF gun. Also it should be the gun with the highest racc in this game. Skill+269 and AGI+50 is massive boost to racc, it also dispense new bullets with massive racc.

Devastating bullets

This beats Animikii bullet for dark/light shot with 5 more macc. It's also the highest racc bullet.

Death Penalty 119 III:

Not sure if OA 2~3 is a typo until someone post jp .dat mine result. If it is then it'll be BS op......OA3 proc on ranged ws can I has :D!

Living bullet:

QD/magical WS.

Fomalhaut new stat:

DMG:167 Delay:600 Magic Accuracy+40 Magic Damage+155 Marksmanship skill +269 "Store TP"+10 "TP Bonus"+500 "Last Stand" Aftermath: Increases skillchain potency Increases magic burst potency Ultimate Skillchain Dispense: chrono bullets"

Chrono bullets:

D300 bullet! Unless I'm missing something this should be the bullet with the highest D. pretty interesting that our best physical DD bullet has as much D as RNG now. It even has higher D than Anni's bullet, just 10 less rattk.

Kustawi(NQ/HQ)
DMG:113 Delay:195 Ranged Accuracy+24 Ranged Attack+15 Evasion+22 Dagger skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Enmity-4 Unity Ranking: "Rapid Shot"+3~7

DMG:114 Delay:189 Ranged Accuracy+25 Ranged Attack+16 Evasion+22 Dagger skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Enmity-5 Unity Ranking: "Rapid Shot"+3~7

New /ra dagger, haven't check if this dagger beats other current options for melee dps. I highly doubt it though, since this dagger doesn't have any relevant melee stats.

Note that /DNC dual wielding this dagger with fettering blade or both NQ/HQ version of this dagger has higher racc than /RNG single wield when sharpshot isn't up.

Looks like Armageddon for WF/high racc builds, dp for leaden/QD and maaaybe AM3 if it's not typo, Fomalhaut for last stand.

With such crazy amount of racc we have now, maybe rng burn harder NM would be viable? Since DW 2 high racc weapons give 52 extra racc, alone with bullet slot for extra +35. That's one advantage many melee jobs don't have.....they only have ammo slot available and some can't even DW.

Nice, although anni is still the highest racc gun by far, given its baseline 60racc, +30 on its bullet.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-10 08:58:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Xijaah said: »

Armageddon 119 III

Best WF gun. Also it should be the gun with the highest racc in this game. Skill+269 and AGI+50 is massive boost to racc, it also dispense new bullets with massive racc.

Devastating bullets

Death Penalty 119 III:

Living bullet:

QD/magical WS.

Fomalhaut new stat:

Chrono bullets:

Kustawi(NQ/HQ)

Nice, although anni is still the highest racc gun by far, given its baseline 60racc, +30 on its bullet.

Sorry forgot to mention, this is COR forum, so Arma is the best racc gun for COR in this game ;p

Btw, Anni RNGs can also 119 III Arma for 5 more racc on bullets!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-02-10 09:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Looking like Arma is the top all-around gun now by far. DP will always be best on Leaden, but if you're shooting, have to use last stand or wildfire...Arma is there. And it's Leaden's will still be awesome, too.
 Sylph.Xijaah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-02-10 09:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Guys, since you're much more awesome than rngs (and this forum is much more active than rng one), did you find out whats the new cap for ranged attacks?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2016-02-10 10:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Looking like Arma is the top all-around gun now by far. DP will always be best on Leaden, but if you're shooting, have to use last stand or wildfire...Arma is there. And it's Leaden's will still be awesome, too.
I'm definitely afterglowing my armageddon, probably before DP because I play ranger as well (hello 50AGI and mdmg for trueflight on ranger). Really happy the 'zebra gun' got some love
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-10 10:56:41
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Xijaah said: »
Guys, since you're much more awesome than rngs (and this forum is much more active than rng one), did you find out whats the new cap for ranged attacks?

Quoting Dasva on BG, which is 3.5:

Quote:
So using a 120 dmg gun with 214 dmg bullet I should have 376 base dmg with capped fstr2. Did 2385 crit 1316 regular both out of true shot range. So looks like 3.5 for regular ranged and and 4.375 for crits
By Sandmaster 2016-02-10 10:59:41
Link | Citer | R

DPS On Arma should be good with Triple Shot and Triple Damage proc's.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-10 11:15:44
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I'm definitely afterglowing my armageddon, probably before DP because I play ranger as well (hello 50AGI and mdmg for trueflight on ranger). Really happy the 'zebra gun' got some love

Me too, there's only very 2 very short period of time that arma was the best all around gun for this job, besides using lv 85/90 for wildfire access in 2012. When lv 99 and 119 Arma was just out, it was the best last stand/wf gun at that time, very versatile since you can use both WS on the same gun. Eventually other alternatives beat it and it became lol weapon.

Really hard to decide which gun to upgrade first. If OA3 on dp is real, then upgrading dp may be more increase than anything else, especially if OA3 proc on WS. If OA3 is just mistranslation, then 119 III dp is just another +35 mab/+217 mdmg/+12D and +27 skill for leaden salute, v.s Arma being a more versatile weapon for ws/racc AND has a much more useful afterglow(crit-hit rate +5% for mainstream DDs like BLU THF DNC)

I see Arma being a lot more versatile weapon than dp as well.

Laser tag rifle gogo! :D
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2016-02-10 11:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Findings thread on BG said that the JP DP text remained the same between original and new 119, so the OA2-3 is a big fat lie, sadly.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-10 11:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
Findings thread on BG said that the JP DP text remained the same between original and new 119, so the OA2-3 is a big fat lie, sadly.

They probably copied and pasted text on mythics.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2016-02-10 11:49:22
Link | Citer | R

They probably copied and pasted text on mythics.

If only they copied and pasted the programming for them as well.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-02-12 09:57:43
Link | Citer | R

I hope I'm not wrong to assume the bullets dispensed by RME does not dispense one at a time but rather 99 at a time?
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 156 157 158