user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-31 17:36:31
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
EPHRAMAD RULEZ AND LBUE MAGES DROOLS!!!

*Releases Lamiae everywhere*

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
What buffs were you using?
I'm assuming geo uses malaise to boost sc dmg up if that's what you focus on?

Geo did Haste/Malaise, I did Hunter's/Samurai, other COR used Wizard's/Chaos, and both of us got Voidstorms/Hastes from the WHM. With Tenebral Crush and Dia2, the BLU was still able to hit some pretty massive CDCs for himself, so the focus on LS damage really didn't hurt him.

I really want to try this again with a SMN/SCH or RDM/SCH instead of a WHM so we can replace the Haste bubble with Acumen or Frailty. Possibly just drop the PLD altogether and add another GEO to Vex/Attunement everything instead of letting him take the hits.
[+]
By BilunSalaes 2016-01-13 12:14:45
Link | Citer | R

I'll continue looking through these posts but did anyone ever say how much MAB was enough? I'm close to 200 MAB right now for my WS sets and am pretty sure I could get this even higher with a couple more pieces. At what point, though, is my MAB enough? (LS / WF)
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-13 12:25:24
Link | Citer | R

That's not really a relevant question. If you can improve your overall damage (whether it be through AGI or MAB), continue to do so.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-13 14:34:59
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
That's not really a relevant question. If you can improve your overall damage (whether it be through AGI or MAB), continue to do so.

He probably misunderstood how magical WS works, and used physical WS formula, since there is a cap for attack when calculating physical WS dmg.

BilunSalaes said: »
I'll continue looking through these posts but did anyone ever say how much MAB was enough? I'm close to 200 MAB right now for my WS sets and am pretty sure I could get this even higher with a couple more pieces. At what point, though, is my MAB enough? (LS / WF)

Short ans: Stack AGI, MAB and WSD+ until you hit 99999 damage cap, then you use stp pieces.
By swordwiz 2016-01-13 15:31:49
Link | Citer | R

Would the sets for DP be the same as the ones for Molybdosis? looking to gear cor now i have this beast of a gun (was never going to make DP)
By BilunSalaes 2016-01-13 15:32:17
Link | Citer | R

Afania,
Yes, my mistake. I'll keep stacking as much as possible. Thank you.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-13 15:37:41
Link | Citer | R

swordwiz said: »
Would the sets for DP be the same as the ones for Molybdosis? looking to gear cor now i have this beast of a gun (was never going to make DP)
Same. At most you could make a point about capping ranged attack when shooting..but meh, we tend to stack accuracy and stp in ranged anyway.
By swordwiz 2016-01-13 15:55:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah that's what i was thinking to thanks for the input
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-01-13 16:31:56
Link | Citer | R

if you want some reference I've got about 230ish MAB in wildfire and 190ish base MAB in salute +28 from pixie.

Edit: this is only from gear.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-13 21:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Asked in random question thread, no reply.(I guess RNG is dead that's why?) Decided to ask here:

Anyone know how true shot works on WS?

1. Does true shot bonus apply on the full WS damage, or first hit only? So if I have 10% true shot bonus, do I only get 5% dmg bonus from last stand since last stand is 2 hits and 10% dmg bonus only apply on 1st hit?

2. Do I still get small amount of true shot bonus instead of 0% bonus damage if I'm 1 step away from sweet spot? Say if I have 10% true shot bonus, marksmanship sweet spot is 4'5 yalms, and I WS at 4 yalms instead of 4'5, do I still get certain amount of true shot bonus since I'm quite close to sweet spot?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the dps/tp speed decrease by WSing 1 step out of melee range for true shot bonus when WSing in melee mode.....11% dmg bonus from true shot seems a lot when doing 10k+ WSs.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-17 04:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Got bored and decided to math out wf dmg gun hierarchy using my current sets ._. Looks like Armageddon may beat perfect augment doomsday against targets with neutral mdb after Feb update if it gets magic dmg+ 186 AGI+40 like promised.

With fire weather up for zodiac ring/obi(it's often not ideal to use both weather items btw, garuda+1 is better most of the time, don't copy and paste this set since it's for testing purpose only :p), against enemies with 200 INT, I have 243 AGI 212 MAB WSD+5% in WS sets minus gun slot

Skill 269 Armageddon: (166+2039+186)x3.05(mab)x1.05(wsd)x1.13(affinity)= 8851

perfect doomsday: (126+1973)x 3.25x1.12x1.13= 8819

Molybdosis: (136+ 1985)x 3.35x 1.05x1.13=8606

High mdb on target may favor doomsday though, since they're incredibly close and armageddon doesn't have any mab on it.

For leaden salute, mythic is pretty much unbeatable, even without magic damage + 186 from skill 269 version it's still ahead of 2nd best choice doomsday. Guess it's better to upgrade empy first after Feb update because I don't like to deal with doomsday augment :X

Edit: *** up on my mab value, fixed.
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2016-01-17 07:17:05
Link | Citer | R

I augmented Herculean Trousers with MAB +14/WSD +5%. Alternately, I got MACC +13/MAB +28. Which should I go with? (One pair of pants, not two) Obviously the MAB +28 would be better for QD, but I'm not sure if the 5% WSD would win over the extra 14 MAB for Leaden/Wildfire.
By Zeak 2016-01-17 07:21:46
Link | Citer | R

1. Does true shot bonus apply on the full WS damage, or first hit only? So if I have 10% true shot bonus, do I only get 5% dmg bonus from last stand since last stand is 2 hits and 10% dmg bonus only apply on 1st hit?

2. Do I still get small amount of true shot bonus instead of 0% bonus damage if I'm 1 step away from sweet spot? Say if I have 10% true shot bonus, marksmanship sweet spot is 4'5 yalms, and I WS at 4 yalms instead of 4'5, do I still get certain amount of true shot bonus since I'm quite close to sweet spot?

1. I'm about 90% sure the bonus applies to all hits. I mean, my Last Stands consistently do 11% more on RNG when I'm in the sweet spot, and within the same TP threshold. That's equivalent to the 11% TS I have from traits/gifts.

2. There is no partial bonus, but if you're wondering if it's better to step back for the full bonus, that's more situational than mathematical. Generally speaking, no, you shouldn't, since the more common strategy nowadays is to have a single melee or SCH create a SC for mages to consistently MB off of. Both COR and RNG can do this effectively with access to both solo-Light/Darkness, but chances are, no one is relying on your damage output in the first place. It's much more effective to just stay in range and not risk missing an attack round to keep your TP gain constant and not miss a closer. Closing a SC at the sweet spot is less risky, if you amass TP fast enough that the back-pedal doesn't make you miss your window. COR does have some leeway in this regard due to S.TP roll, but there's the more common issue that no one else is buffing you. In which case, use your own discretion, but I'd advise just sticking with melee range if you don't have capped Haste.

As for solo strats, I'd still say "No", as you're better off multi-stepping. You begin the run into the same issue as above, as the window for SC past step 2 gets smaller and smaller, making TP gain that much more vital. And the added SC damage should far outweigh the TS damage bonus, making TS not often worth the risk. The only exception is if you have a partner to multi-step with, as that should lax your own TP reliance. I often close step-3 or 4 Last Stand with a partner at TS range, as that extra 1k WS damage also translates to almost 3-4k SC damage. It's probably the most practical use of melee/ranged hybrid fighting that I can think of.

Well, there's also circumstances where you could potentially 1HKO a trash mob with the added damage, but again, it's mostly a case-by-case scenario. Sometimes the added damage goes to waste, sometimes it actually saves time; experiment and use your judgment based on what you're fighting or what your role is.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-17 11:54:05
Link | Citer | R

Zeak said: »

1. I'm about 90% sure the bonus applies to all hits. I mean, my Last Stands consistently do 11% more on RNG when I'm in the sweet spot, and within the same TP threshold. That's equivalent to the 11% TS I have from traits/gifts.

2. There is no partial bonus, but if you're wondering if it's better to step back for the full bonus, that's more situational than mathematical. Generally speaking, no, you shouldn't, since the more common strategy nowadays is to have a single melee or SCH create a SC for mages to consistently MB off of. Both COR and RNG can do this effectively with access to both solo-Light/Darkness, but chances are, no one is relying on your damage output in the first place. It's much more effective to just stay in range and not risk missing an attack round to keep your TP gain constant and not miss a closer. Closing a SC at the sweet spot is less risky, if you amass TP fast enough that the back-pedal doesn't make you miss your window. COR does have some leeway in this regard due to S.TP roll, but there's the more common issue that no one else is buffing you. In which case, use your own discretion, but I'd advise just sticking with melee range if you don't have capped Haste.

As for solo strats, I'd still say "No", as you're better off multi-stepping. You begin the run into the same issue as above, as the window for SC past step 2 gets smaller and smaller, making TP gain that much more vital. And the added SC damage should far outweigh the TS damage bonus, making TS not often worth the risk. The only exception is if you have a partner to multi-step with, as that should lax your own TP reliance. I often close step-3 or 4 Last Stand with a partner at TS range, as that extra 1k WS damage also translates to almost 3-4k SC damage. It's probably the most practical use of melee/ranged hybrid fighting that I can think of.

Well, there's also circumstances where you could potentially 1HKO a trash mob with the added damage, but again, it's mostly a case-by-case scenario. Sometimes the added damage goes to waste, sometimes it actually saves time; experiment and use your judgment based on what you're fighting or what your role is.

Thanks for the true shot info and all of the input :)))) Was about to go out to test it since I got 0 reply everywhere, you saved some time by providing the info :))))

I agree that whether it's more beneficial to step back or not is completely situational. I think it may be better if you're heavily relying on ranged WS dmg for w/e reason, and don't have capped haste/acc thus you're not losing tp as much by spending 1 sec to move 1 yalm away from target, especially if you're last stand is doing over 15k.

Also I wonder if that makes true shot+ pieces better for last stand if WS at sweet spot.

If I understand how ranged attack sweet spot system work correctly, you should still get more ranged attack for being closer to sweet spot, even if there are no true shot bonus.
http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Distance

Unless SE change how it works, even without true shot bonus cor should stand at max melee distance for last stand I think.

Shiva.Nokturnall said: »
I augmented Herculean Trousers with MAB +14/WSD +5%. Alternately, I got MACC +13/MAB +28. Which should I go with? (One pair of pants, not two) Obviously the MAB +28 would be better for QD, but I'm not sure if the 5% WSD would win over the extra 14 MAB for Leaden/Wildfire.

WF/leaden formula is on the first page, I think it's better if you just plug in the number from your WS sets. I don't know rest of your gears so there's no way I can tell which is better unless I know your total mab/agi. Since there's no definite answer about which stat(MAB/AGI/WSD) is better as they highly depending on how much MAB/AGI/WSD you already have. Since mab/wsd are separate multiplier, I think there's greater increase when those stats are lower. Each point of mab has more value when you don't have any mab or if the mob has high mdb.
By Sandmaster 2016-01-19 08:25:06
Link | Citer | R

I noticed my Wildfire's firghting Raaz'z in Resenjima yesterday, swapping from Odium to Atoyac MAB I remeber seeing an additional ~150dmg on what was static number's, ~766? went to over 7800, but obviously target's MDB is a lot lower on trash mob's meaning in that situation I was gaining nearly 2% more WSDMG from the 10MAB. For trash mob's its safe to say the 5%WSD%+ would win.

Regarding our Magical WS's, do they get resisted similar to QD does (when they resist). So 1/2 1/4 1/8? I've been getting fed up of having LS or WF resisted, saying that to many NM's are dark resistant, even the Beastmen NM's in Incursion seem to resist my Leaden's over my WF's. Unless i'm solo I often find (using /equipset's and SE's wait < 1 >) getting the +25% dmg from Fireshot often gets quickly taken away from a SC or spell as I have to wait those couple of second's.

Fighting trash in Reisenjima is fun though, keeping Iroha II out to buff STP roll, and King for his Haste2 (as the other rdm NPC's Flurry us), mob's fall at your knee's. Little time to play so still on the last 500JP's to Master the job. The Job Gift's have really been a massive help in closing the gap some on CL 135etc Content whilst inceasing the gap over easier content.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-19 08:48:07
Link | Citer | R

Sandmaster said: »
Regarding our Magical WS's, do they get resisted similar to QD does (when they resist). So 1/2 1/4 1/8? I've been getting fed up of having LS or WF resisted, saying that to many NM's are dark resistant, even the Beastmen NM's in Incursion seem to resist my Leaden's over my WF's. Unless i'm solo I often find (using /equipset's and SE's wait < 1 >) getting the +25% QD dmg from Fireshot often gets quickly taken away from a SC or spell as I have to wait those couple of second's.

Yes magical WS can be resisted. I can't read jp very well but on jp wiki it seems to mention something about high magic accuracy? Source: http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/21103.html

My experience is that WF gets resist less often than leaden salute as well.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-24 20:53:40
Link | Citer | R

Sandmaster said: »
I noticed my Wildfire's firghting Raaz'z in Resenjima yesterday, swapping from Odium to Atoyac MAB I remeber seeing an additional ~150dmg on what was static number's, ~766? went to over 7800, but obviously target's MDB is a lot lower on trash mob's meaning in that situation I was gaining nearly 2% more WSDMG from the 10MAB. For trash mob's its safe to say the 5%WSD%+ would win.

Since it's often too time consuming to figure out which stats are better when augmenting gears, I made a new version of WF calculator to figure it out.

Link: https://docs.zoho.com/file/v7xm9e8c142dd28764eeba6ea950e5ed09a56

*Compare with the old WF calculator many years ago, this version of calculator has a slot for mob mdb value for situations with GEO malaise. If you use 900 skill+ dunna GEO, type -30. -45 for idris GEO.

*This calculator only works for ilv 119 weapon. Since I replaced the "152+(WeaponLvl-99)*2.45" term with 201. I'm lazy :C.

*It seems that the old 1 mab= 2~2.25 AGI WF formula no longer apply, now it's more like 1 mab= 1.25 AGI? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

*I don't know how to floor numbers in excel, so the dmg may be a little bit off. :C If any excel experts can provide advice it'd be great :)

*Feel free to pm me if I make any mistake with numbers. I may do leaden salute calculator too, maybe!

Edit: Just noticed that I forgot to add magic damage in wf calculator, please forgive me :S
[+]
By kithaofcerb 2016-01-25 22:47:38
Link | Citer | R

Looking to gear COR, anybody have updated sets? Is all of Pursuer's outdated by Herculean or is there any of it that's still useful?

Mostly looking for WF/Leaden/Last Stand/Melee ACC sets.

Thanks in advance
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-26 04:23:14
Link | Citer | R

kithaofcerb said: »
Looking to gear COR, anybody have updated sets? Is all of Pursuer's outdated by Herculean or is there any of it that's still useful?

Mostly looking for WF/Leaden/Last Stand/Melee ACC sets.

Thanks in advance

Byrth tested possible augments of herc gears, you can check out this page before trying for herc augment.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards/Arcane_Glyptics_Inscription

Basically, for WF sets it should be something like this:

ItemSet 341527

This is a more obtainable set without getting max herc augment. It's possible for herc body/hands to beat samnuha coat/pursuer hands if your AGI/mab/WSD augment is really, really good. But gl on that!

But true BiS WF set would have 5/5 herc with max AGI/MAB/WSD augment.

Change head to pixie +1, ring to archon ring and earring to tp bonus moonshade and you get a set for leaden salute.

If you have mythic, then mythic is better than doomsday for leaden salute. If you can't get good augment on doomsday(AGI+23 MAB+25 WSD+7%), then Molybdosis may beat it for both leaden and WF.

Here's a list of high melee acc gears that I found:

ItemSet 341540

Carmine legs path D, adhemar path A.

Do not use everything together in this set in most situations, you will tp like a snail if you use everything in this set together, it's often better to use DW/multiattack pieces in some slots. You should have around 1200 acc or more without food/buff/ionis if you have max acc pieces in every slot and mainhand dagger. I have close to 1160 last time I checked, and I'm missing tons of stuff.

I highly recommend a savage blade set btw, on escha T1~T2/reisenjima T1 NM it's easily a 15k~20k WS with just self/trust buffs and temp(chaos+dia4, no real GEO nor BRD), sometimes it even spike higher than 20k and got close to 25k. I don't see my last stand ever doing that much on NM with just self buff...at least not without dragon cannon aeonic.

Alternatively you can check my itemset to give you a rough idea of any sets that's not listed on the 1st page. I don't have BiS in every slot though, so don't expect too much :p
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-26 04:36:58
Link | Citer | R

I'd suggest ignoring Ej +1 and instead going with combatant's torque, which is probably easier to obtain, honestly.

cessance earring is also a good substitute for Zennaroi for more offensive benefit for a slight acc drop.

Edited about 8 times because I haven't slept in almost 2 days and I messed up practically everything I was trying to say.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-26 04:46:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I'd suggest ignoring Ej +1 and instead going with combatant's torque, which is probably easier to obtain, honestly.

Combatant is actually not so easy with ***drop rate ;x It requires a bit of farming and....luck.

Ej+1 is just gil, takes 10 sec to buy them from AH if it's up.

Otherwise torque is a solid neck piece if you already have it....I can't get it to drop so I'm stuck with AH items :<
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-26 04:49:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm stuck on Sylph, where we literally have seen one +1 Ej in the history of the server, so I was forced to go for Combatant's. If you're on a server that has more than 8 players, you should be fine to pick up Ej, though.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-01-27 13:01:50
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious why you use Pers gloves in Your WF/LS set rather than Leyline? 10 more MAB and 33 Macc.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-27 13:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Leyline have rather poor AGI, so it's 10 MAB versus 22 AGI.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-27 13:32:45
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Leyline have rather poor AGI, so it's 10 MAB versus 22 AGI.

speaking of which I completely forgot about carmine hands +1, which has 12 agi 42 mab from augment.

Fixed!!!

ItemSet 341527
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-01-27 13:39:44
Link | Citer | R

Combatant's torque is better anyways, given what cor will actually melee on, Eji is worthless anyways. Everything that you will have a melee cor on atm they can hit currently without either, so.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-01-27 13:39:47
Link | Citer | R

according to the 1MAB = 1.25 agi stated above that's only like 6 or so more MAB vs 33 Macc, unless agi helps with Macc on these WSs aswell?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-27 14:04:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
according to the 1MAB = 1.25 agi stated above that's only like 6 or so more MAB vs 33 Macc, unless agi helps with Macc on these WSs aswell?

I don't think there's any testing about how much agi/macc helps magical ws acc, so I just go with dmg.

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Everything that you will have a melee cor on atm they can hit currently without either, so.

Since COR is often used in BLU melee zerg pt, my experience is that it's still hard to hit many things without a very high acc set unless you waste extra eva- bubbles just for COR....which is probably not ideal because BLU doesn't need that many acc/eva- bubbles.

Sov behemoth comes to mind, it uses melee zerg strat, but without GEO 1hr it's quite hard to hit them, with buffs that I use normally anyways.

Edit: Forgot to mention, besides melee tp, max acc sets are also useful for /DNC steps on high evasion targets that COR can't cap acc with normal buffs. Since steps depends on melee hitrate but you don't need stp/multi-attack for it.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-01-27 21:36:55
Link | Citer | R

I don't think there's any testing about how much agi/macc helps magical ws acc, so I just go with dmg.

Everything that you will have a melee cor on atm they can hit currently without either, so.

Since COR is often used in BLU melee zerg pt, my experience is that it's still hard to hit many things without a very high acc set unless you waste extra eva- bubbles just for COR....which is probably not ideal because BLU doesn't need that many acc/eva- bubbles.

Sov behemoth comes to mind, it uses melee zerg strat, but without GEO 1hr it's quite hard to hit them, with buffs that I use normally anyways.

Edit: Forgot to mention, besides melee tp, max acc sets are also useful for /DNC steps on high evasion targets that COR can't cap acc with normal buffs. Since steps depends on melee hitrate but you don't need stp/multi-attack for it.

Hmm interesting. Any content I've done on cor with melee hasn't had an issue. Granted I also have 6 of the ACC vorseals from quetz and all the normal ACC vorseals.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-28 00:57:10
Link | Citer | R

Hmm interesting. Any content I've done on cor with melee hasn't had an issue. Granted I also have 6 of the ACC vorseals from quetz and all the normal ACC vorseals.

Have you tried melee burn on T3 reisenjima? I wanted to mention Seiryu which also uses melee burn strat and needs very high acc, then I remember COR isn't ideal buff job on Seiryu.
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 156 157 158