Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-19 17:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
On the 1st TP set, if no Shetal Stone, Patentia Sash or Windbuffet belt? Assuming everything as outlined below the gearset?

Blu isn't on Patentia, sadly.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-08-19 20:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Oh damn, never saw that!
 Asura.Vinedrius
Serveur: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-08-20 08:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Which is more reliable against debuffs, 2x rune (+ plfug) for the right element or healing waltz? I am using /dnc for salvage mostly for para against cerb and some emergency cures just in case (e.g. right after homing missile). Of course, I can carry remedies for paralyze but... yeah, I admit I am being cheap :p
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-08-20 08:36:56
Link | Citer | R

With /run and barparalyze more often than not you will full on resist
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-08-20 08:40:37
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
With /run and barparalyze more often than not you will full on resist

Oops, yeah totally forgot to add barspells, thanks. Not only barparalyze but barblizzard helps too. They stick para on me almost all the time despite all the magic evasion vomit on the ilvl gears. I was wondering if /run would easily fix that.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-08-20 08:56:49
Link | Citer | R

It does and with anguine blade at your disposal chariot shouldnt be an issue
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-08-20 08:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Sanguine*
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-08-20 10:04:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Of course, I can carry remedies for paralyze but... yeah, I admit I am being cheap :p

Yeah, probably. I used to care about resists and evading magic damage from Cerberus (fire), but ever since I started learning the monster, this fight against cerbers and ocerberus became shockingly easy.

I actually do this as /war and finish the zone in about 30minutes, skipping single gears and just mass genocide all of the other monsters. Cerberus is a joke with Magic Barrier, Blank Gaze, Sudden Lunge, and an occasional Magic fruit (I save blood drake for when im really in a bind). Piece of cake. /dnc or /run not even necessary, and adds nothing to you that you will be able to use the prior 3 floors. Kind of a waste I think.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-20 10:13:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Of course, I can carry remedies for paralyze but... yeah, I admit I am being cheap :p

Yeah, probably. I used to care about resists and evading magic damage from Cerberus (fire), but ever since I started learning the monster, this fight against cerbers and ocerberus became shockingly easy.

I actually do this as /war and finish the zone in about 30minutes, skipping single gears and just mass genocide all of the other monsters. Cerberus is a joke with Magic Barrier, Blank Gaze, Sudden Lunge, and an occasional Magic fruit (I save blood drake for when im really in a bind). Piece of cake. /dnc or /run not even necessary, and adds nothing to you that you will be able to use the prior 3 floors. Kind of a waste I think.

You can avoid most, if not all, of his attacks by just keeping him stunned. If you have a good Macc set and focus on killing the crap out of him, you can have either of them dead in maybe 6-8 stuns, before it gains a significant resistance.

I've found that just using requiescat is more than enough to keep him from gaining a significant damage resistance as well.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-08-20 12:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Both wikis don't seem to have this info so I figure I'd ask here. Can different Aftermaths stack? Like if I use Expiacion on a mainhanded Tizona and then used CDC on an offhand Almace, would I get the effects of both?
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-08-20 12:04:47
Link | Citer | R

No the aftermath only applies from the main handed weapon.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-20 15:43:33
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Grekumah
Community Rep
Grekumah's Avatar Join Date
Jul 2014
The development team has finalized their plans for the new effect to replace the current “Learning Chance” category for job points, and they will be switching this category to enhanced accuracy for physical blue magic spells’ additional effects. By placing points into this category, for example, it would increase the chances of an enemy becoming stunned when using Sudden Lunge. As mentioned previously, this change will take place in the September version update.

I got some work to do...
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-08-21 00:43:45
Link | Citer | R

The guide says, "All pieces of Hagondes gear should be augmented with at least some Magic Attack Bonus. It does not take much to make each piece superior."

Does any one have any idea how much is not much? At least +10 on all pieces?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-21 00:47:57
Link | Citer | R

I think OP used NQ stones, so you can start with those. Honestly you really don't have to +1 hagondes unless you have the gil to blow. You can augment an NQ set, get another NQ set and HQ those and slowly try to augment the HQ while you keep your NQ for use. That way you can spend gil on cheap v stone +2 (they are 200k each on my server atm) or +1 and augment a nice +20 something MAB.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-08-21 14:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Would a Subduction build work with Bolelabunga and Gabaxorea instead of 2x Gabaxorea? How much dmg difference between the 2 setups assuming same equipment?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-08-22 02:13:03
Link | Citer | R

I guess it comes down to being worth the gil and the risk factor of random augments or not. Since there is no mp cost and recast issues with Subduction, I wonder if there is a point where it is just overkill. Where people use this and wreak havoc, do they really ever "need" a few more +mab on a slot?

That said, what do most people dress up as a nuker for, where you can't already succeed just as well or even better with swords? Low tier solo Ra'kaznar? Is this mostly for fun or really worth it to pump gils on augments?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-08-23 09:07:08
Link | Citer | R

Dual wield new clubs, 6 hit (+ws) build = new best thing.
 Bismarck.Alkalinescissor
Serveur: Bismarck
user: alkyalky
By Bismarck.Alkalinescissor 2014-08-25 01:40:31
Link | Citer | R

Elaborate ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-25 04:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Blue mages will be capable of learning the following spells.
Restoral (Lv.99, Recast time: 10 sec.) Restores the caster’s HP.
Rail Cannon (Lv.99, Recast time: 180 sec.) Deals light damage to an enemy.
Diffusion Ray (Lv. 99, Recast time: 45 sec.)Deals light damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from caster.
Sinker Drill (Lv.99 Recast time: 75 sec.)Delivers a fivefold attack. Damage varies with TP.

New spells only available under the effects of Unbridled Wisdom:
Uproot (Lv.99, Recast time: 30 sec.)Deals light damage to enemies within range. Also removes status ailments from caster.
Crashing Thunder (Lv.99, Recast time: 30 sec.)Deals lightning damage to enemies within range.
Polar Roar (Lv.99, Recast time: 30 sec.) Deals ice damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Bind.

The job point category “Learning Chance” will be changed to “Physical Blue Magic Effect Accuracy.”
Increases the accuracy of the additional effects of physical blue magic.
* Any job points spent in Learning Chance will automatically be carried over into Physical Blue Magic Effect Accuracy.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-08-25 05:36:04
Link | Citer | R

It looks like even more aoe damage spells we will never use. Only Uproot sounds interesting to me but it is JA only. It is a different story if the normal ones will open up higher tiers of some useful traits, though.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-25 05:54:54
Link | Citer | R

*** holy ***i came

all of them except diffusion ray have the potential to be awesome, but with things like subduction existing it's very difficult to say that any of these will definitely be disappointing. excited about Uproot the most out of the UL spells, finally a way to remove status ailments.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-08-25 06:40:57
Link | Citer | R

3 minute recast on rail cannon, I'm guessing its strong but SE has fooled me before. Hopefully these new magic spells have an actual mod so BA has a function
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-25 06:43:30
Link | Citer | R

I suspect that rail cannon will. the recast is too long for it to act like the other spells we've received recently
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-08-25 07:29:44
Link | Citer | R

If the casting time is low, it will hopefully be fun to MB with it. 130 sec recast calls for some nice damage.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-25 08:00:11
Link | Citer | R

If the casting time is low, it will hopefully be fun to MB with it. 130 sec recast calls for some nice damage.
What's a good spell to use with to self-light with CDC?

I use spikes for darkness, but I know there's a spell to self-light with CDC.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-08-25 08:21:39
Link | Citer | R

squeeeeee

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What's a good spell to use with to self-light with CDC?

I use spikes for darkness, but I know there's a spell to self-light with CDC.

CDC--->Thrashing Assault (Fusion)
Savage Blade--->Thrashing Assault (Light)
CDC-->Tourbillion (Light)

or my favorite....

CDC--->CDC
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-25 19:46:10
Link | Citer | R

CDC -> Thrashing -> Rail Cannon would be the ideal situation unless you have got the buffs to self SC with CDC. This is before knowing the properties for Sinker Drill though, I'm hoping for Fusion or Gravitation.
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 445 446 447