Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 267 268 269 ... 839 840 841
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-04-28 17:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
People probably avoided answering this for two reasons:

1) They don't know the answer. I can tell you that you can't go overboard on Acc against that Mandy. We use ES Impact, Hunter's Roll, and Marcato Blade Madrigal + Sword Madrigal with very well-geared melees eating Sushi and they generally still do not have a capped hit rate.

2) You used the phrase "punch through counter." This implies that you can somehow overcome enemy's Counter trait using accuracy, which isn't true. You can reduce their counter rate by increasing your evade rate, but not by increasing your accuracy.

Hmm, it was my understanding that the attacker had to fail an accuracy check in order for the defender to counter under normal circumstances. Not sure where that came from lol o.o Anyway, thanks for clearing it up for me.
By Fasaga 2014-05-01 14:00:35
Link | Citer | R

What's the command to save macros to the server?
By Pantafernando 2014-05-01 14:15:12
Link | Citer | R

Fasaga said: »
What's the command to save macros to the server?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Macro

There are the commands for ps2, xbox and pc in the link

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Jezzus
Serveur: Asura
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2014-05-02 03:43:30
Link | Citer | R

You can prob find some info if you poke around bg forums im pretty sure ive seen a post on it jimmbo

Edit: decided to poke around
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/120086-Skirmish-III-findings?highlight=skirmish+armor
By Pantafernando 2014-05-02 04:31:25
Link | Citer | R

I think the augments of wailing are exact the same than the verdigris plus a chance of mdt, aside weapons, where some new categories were implemented.

If you dont find a particular augment for +1, try researching the nq version.

Well, as the talk is skirmish, someone know the acuex gimmicks (to prevent him to be spammy)?
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-05-02 04:32:59
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I've never heard of that theory carrelo : o

And I deliberately didn't answer you as well because I've never fought that NM.
Probably just another instance of getting my wires crossed about something. XD

The basic point of the question was to get an idea of how much accuracy (like, a numerical value to shoot for) people have been using for that NM, but I'm glad that my apparent misunderstanding of counter mechanics was cleared up at least.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-05-02 09:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Can upgraded Skirmish weapons (113, 119) be mailed to mules as long as they are unaugmented? BG Wiki says yes but I just wanted to confirm.
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hinamori
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-05-02 09:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Question: What is the best way to earn Moblin Marbles fast?
 Siren.Finality
Serveur: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-05-02 18:28:02
Link | Citer | R

@safiyyah Yes they can be sent to same PoL.
[+]
 Siren.Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-05-02 18:29:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm a noob to gearswap. Is there any increased risk of detection for potential ban hammers from using gearswap? I know it uses packets, which if I recall correctly is how claim bots work. Thanks~
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-05-02 18:56:40
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Finality said: »
@safiyyah Yes they can be sent to same PoL.

Thanks.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-02 18:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Finality said: »
I'm a noob to gearswap. Is there any increased risk of detection for potential ban hammers from using gearswap? I know it uses packets, which if I recall correctly is how claim bots work. Thanks~

Increased risk? Hard to say, but thousands of people are using packet manipulating tools and aren't banned. I see people flee hack through Jeuno daily.
 Siren.Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-05-02 19:06:10
Link | Citer | R

Not the answer I was hoping to hear. Thanks though. ^^
 Sylph.Shipp
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-05-02 19:11:03
Link | Citer | R

What are the staple blu spells to set now? .I have a 99 blu and was wanting to get back into it and farm the SoA spells, but I remember a couple years ago you set certain ones for traits, or certain ones to proc in aby, but you also basically had a set of spells for basic utility that did high damage and were versatile. Disseverment, magic fruit, the erase spell (promivion wind maybe?), and the spell you could use to self dark sc. Was wondering what that currently is so I can get back into BLUing it up.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-02 19:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shipp said: »
What are the staple blu spells to set now? .I have a 99 blu and was wanting to get back into it and farm the SoA spells, but I remember a couple years ago you set certain ones for traits, or certain ones to proc in aby, but you also basically had a set of spells for basic utility that did high damage and were versatile. Disseverment, magic fruit, the erase spell (promivion wind maybe?), and the spell you could use to self dark sc. Was wondering what that currently is so I can get back into BLUing it up.

Proth's guide has a really solid breakdown depending on subjob and situation, but the key traits to set are Dual Wield (if any sub besides NIN, which you basically never sub now), Double Attack/Triple Attack (again depending on sub), Store TP (depends on weapon delay, total DW, and what other traits you NEED), and the rest is kinda up to your playstyle. Most of the spells you'll want to cast are contained in those traits with the exception of some healing, refresh, other support spells, specific debuffs, etc.
By SwearingTom 2014-05-02 19:27:56
Link | Citer | R

A merited WHM with 5/5 Shellra5 gives ~23% -MDT, yes? Which is part of the 50% cap, and not independent of -MDT/-DT from gear, yes? (Disregarding Aegis)

A PLD says he wears -45% MDT taken in gear because Shellra5 adds nothing to it and the MDB it grants is factored in entirely separate and differently. He SWORE this on his 10 years of playing PLD.

Everything I've read states what I wrote above to be true, but after talking to this PLD I could really use some confirmation here.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2014-05-02 19:31:49
Link | Citer | R

Personally i ride out full MDT/then stack mdb or int where i can just because i can't always count on shell being a factor, a quick dispel or it wears while the whm is busy i just prefer to be safe. To my understanding is yes shell is part of your total mdt but yes you can kinda of stack mdb after cap but with marginal differences. I also use aegis but on jobs like war or drk i prefer to just sit in 50% DT gear and not worry about shell.
 Sylph.Shipp
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-05-02 19:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Sylph.Shipp said: »

Proth's guide has a really solid breakdown depending on subjob and situation, but the key traits to set are Dual Wield (if any sub besides NIN, which you basically never sub now), Double Attack/Triple Attack (again depending on sub), Store TP (depends on weapon delay, total DW, and what other traits you NEED), and the rest is kinda up to your playstyle. Most of the spells you'll want to cast are contained in those traits with the exception of some healing, refresh, other support spells, specific debuffs, etc.
Thanks, I'll have to check his guide out since I know he always had good info in the past about BLU. Been so long since I've played it that I couldn't even remember the spells I used to set all the time, and it was becoming a headache to try to remember since there are so many and I forgot which combos produce the traits. ><
By Wordspoken 2014-05-02 21:26:11
Link | Citer | R

SwearingTom said: »
A merited WHM with 5/5 Shellra5 gives ~23% -MDT, yes?
27.3? BG.A bit more with aug/reforged af2 pants, don't know how much. I haven't checked exact numbers in a while, but I do know it's more than 23%.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-03 16:14:55
Link | Citer | R

everything that matters dispels, if you're planning to be in range of it and need magic defense, aim for capped mdt in a full turtle set and count shell as a bonus to use a more hybrid set, never have your most defensive sets rely on outside buffs.

Edit: fully merited shellra V with Aug Relic legs/109/119 is -29.3% MDT, if you're wearing sheltered ring or an equivalent when it's cast on you, you get an additional, but very small, boost. You need -21% MDT in gear to cap.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-05-03 16:36:57
Link | Citer | R

everything that matters dispels, if you're planning to be in range of it and need magic defense, aim for capped mdt in a full turtle set and count shell as a bonus to use a more hybrid set, never have your most defensive sets rely on outside buffs.

Edit: fully merited shellra V with Aug Relic legs/109/119 is -29.3% MDT, if you're wearing sheltered ring or an equivalent when it's cast on you, you get an additional, but very small, boost. You need -31% MDT in gear to cap.
Shouldn't that be 21%? 29.3+31=60.3. Cap is 50%.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-03 17:06:08
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Edit: fully merited shellra V with Aug Relic legs/109/119 is -29.3% MDT, if you're wearing sheltered ring or an equivalent when it's cast on you, you get an additional, but very small, boost. You need -31% MDT in gear to cap.
Shouldn't that be 21%? 29.3+31=60.3. Cap is 50%.

Yes, I fat-fingered it.
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2014-05-03 20:33:22
Link | Citer | R

What is the fastest way to gain summoning skill, fighting high level mobs or just running a script to summon/desummon?
By Pantafernando 2014-05-03 20:37:00
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
What is the fastest way to gain summoning skill, fighting high level mobs or just running a script to summon/desummon?

Using skillup tomes.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-03 20:37:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Staleyx said: »

It's much faster to actually use blood pacts on mobs, but you have to be at the computer, actually playing. Scripts let you skill up, much more slowly, but while you're off doing other things.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 267 268 269 ... 839 840 841