Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 266 267 268 ... 836 837 838
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-04-16 16:55:36
Link | Citer | R

Anyone kind enough to summarize the popular NM strat and pt setup for delve 2? I tried to read through pages of page BG discussion and FFXI discussion, but the information kinda scatter everywhere with 10000 different opinions :X
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-04-17 04:30:18
Link | Citer | R

I haven't looked at the conditions of server transfers since they changed it. With the old ones you could transfer to a new server and then call a GM to move you back to the old one without paying twice as long as you did it within a week of the initial transfer.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-17 05:15:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Anyone kind enough to summarize the popular NM strat and pt setup for delve 2? I tried to read through pages of page BG discussion and FFXI discussion, but the information kinda scatter everywhere with 10000 different opinions :X

If you can read jp or can understand it through google translate, Two man cell is a very informative JP blog with delve 2 info: http://vanafratello.seesaa.net/
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
user: Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-04-17 12:30:26
Link | Citer | R

Any idea how to de-augment skirmish gear?

I know that you can de-aug synergy gear, by just putting it in the machine with no scraps, and bam it's storable...

But I no loner use any of my iuitl gear, and wanted to mule it, I tried a few methods I could think of but no results.

I've been +1'ing the pieces and muling them, since that drops augs, but is that the only way to do it?
 Sylph.Kawar
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-04-18 13:43:42
Link | Citer | R

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get the trust Sakura?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-04-18 14:32:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get the trust Sakura?

Any FoV book. costs 500 FoV points
By Pantafernando 2014-04-20 03:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

What are the conal type moves (magic or ws) the players have access?

Trying to cleave some mobs for merits in abyssea, but would like to reduce pulling time by avoiding mass killing with AoE, as exp is just limited to 8 mobs per turn.

Thanks in advance.
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-04-20 13:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Players have < 10 conal moves...

off the top of my head, benthic typhoon....Sonic thrust....Helldive....Corrosive Ooze... (all?) Breath attacks....

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Cone_Attack

There's very few, and I think Sonic thrust is the only not-BLU cone move in the game I can recall offhand.

Spinning attack (h2h) radius is so small that if used @ 100% it won't hit enemies behind, or on the side of you.

Your best bet is to just pull the 8-10 at a time, or pull 8 light aoe pull 8 light aoe, so they all have different hps and don't die at the same time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-04-20 13:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Sonic thrust is very short range. I believe the conal area is thinner than normal as well. Hits rather hard too.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2014-04-20 14:39:36
Link | Citer | R

As a dirty quitter, I cannot know--

what is the hp gap like between races now? My love for paladin always made me wish I was E, despite my loathing for every other aspect of elves. (galka had great hp but mp pool made me sad, though mp buffs came too now)
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-04-20 15:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Do stats like "Enhanced enfeebling effect" and the RDM JA "Saboteur" provide additional defense down past 15% to the spell "Dia III"?
 Asura.Flufferkins
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2014-04-20 15:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Omnys said: »
what is the hp gap like between races now? My love for paladin always made me wish I was E, despite my loathing for every other aspect of elves. (galka had great hp but mp pool made me sad, though mp buffs came too now)

The HP and MP profiles were recently raised, They are within negligible range. Tarutaru and Galka I believe are within 200hp of one another now as opposing ends of the spectrum.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-04-20 16:22:57
Link | Citer | R

The gap between every race and the highest HP/MP race was reduced by roughly 50%.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-04-21 11:50:48
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone noticed a bug with pescatora(possibly other hp food?) and scherzo? Normally use tacos for AA, but I was out so I used pescatora for a DM run the other day. I always open with SV n/t scherzo+minnes for tank party, so duration is much too high to be overwritten ruling out manual error(confirmed it hit me in log). Took an arrogance for 2400, with my max HP at 23xx, so it should have proced whether the pescatora was factored in or not.
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-04-21 14:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Songs were changed so that they're overwritten regardless of time remaining on them.

It's possible you over-wrote it not knowing that?

Otherwise, scherzo is ***, I've had at least 10 plds die to arrogance while they "said" they have scherzo on.

I really wish this was one of those things they didn't base content around having...

if they didn't base incarnate on being forced to bring a brd, I'm not sure it'd be survivable... earthen armor etc but yeah.
 Shiva.Galbir
Serveur: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2014-04-22 22:31:05
Link | Citer | R

Do you still need to wait till jp midnight for the Cor af quest Navigating the Unfriendly Seas. Wasn't sure if wiki is up to date.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-04-22 22:49:29
Link | Citer | R

You can overwrite the same song if duration is low, but the lowest duration song will always be overwritten. Given that SV doubles scherzo duration and stacks with n/t, no song would be able to overwrite it for over 7 minutes because the lesser duration songs would just be overwritten and the songs they were overwritten with would still be shorter than scherzo.

That said, I was both of the BRDs in alliance and the one from tank party was shifted to a RNG party immediately after initial songs and never returned. The PLD holding adds confirmed they had scherzo(I didn't give them seperate songs) and there's no dispel(not that elv can even dispel scherzo) or additional song effects in my log.

Very irritating.
By Pantafernando 2014-04-23 06:40:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Do you still need to wait till jp midnight for the Cor af quest Navigating the Unfriendly Seas. Wasn't sure if wiki is up to date.

At least the missons of toau are still the same, with lots of "wait jp midnight". It shouldnt be diferent with af quest.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Serveur: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-04-23 08:43:35
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Nvm, got it working
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2014-04-23 14:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Shiva.Galbir said: »

At least the missons of toau are still the same, with lots of "wait jp midnight". It shouldnt be diferent with af quest.
Just got them you were correct, Thanks Panta.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-04-25 16:54:17
Link | Citer | R

Delve2 question.

For Ircinraq (Yorcia mandragora NM), exactly how much accuracy is recommended for DD before buffs?

I'd assumed it was something like 950 base + double madrigals + sushi. Is this enough to punch through its counter? Too much?
 Shiva.Msthief
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2014-04-26 19:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Back after a long break.

As Nin, if I mainhand Kaitsuburi (eminent katana) and offhand eminent dagger, what stats do I get from the offhand dagger? I ask because I only get the parrying skill from one, but the katana skill doesn't even show up. Essentially, how does 100+ gear work in the offhand?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-04-26 20:23:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Msthief said: »
Back after a long break.

As Nin, if I mainhand Kaitsuburi (eminent katana) and offhand eminent dagger, what stats do I get from the offhand dagger? I ask because I only get the parrying skill from one, but the katana skill doesn't even show up. Essentially, how does 100+ gear work in the offhand?

Each weapons accuracy is specific to the hand it is equipped in only. This is shown in /checkparam, with it showing Primary Acc/Atk (main hand) and Secondary Acc/Atk (offhand)
 Shiva.Msthief
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2014-04-26 20:47:21
Link | Citer | R

I appreciate the quick and concise response from both of you. Much thanks.
By Zoltar 2014-04-28 08:51:39
Link | Citer | R

Regarding trading Pulse Cell x5 for body gear:

If you haven't cleared the boss that drops the gear, can you still trade 5 Cells you purchased and still obtain it from the NPC?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2014-04-28 09:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Zoltar said: »
Regarding trading Pulse Cell x5 for body gear:

If you haven't cleared the boss that drops the gear, can you still trade 5 Cells you purchased and still obtain it from the NPC?

Not only do you have to kill it, but also have to have their respective Tier KI to be gain the title if you're trying to trade 5 Cells to the NPC
By Zoltar 2014-04-28 09:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Thanks!
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-04-28 15:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Delve2 question.

For Ircinraq (Yorcia mandragora NM), exactly how much accuracy is recommended for DD before buffs?

I'd assumed it was something like 950 base + double madrigals + sushi. Is this enough to punch through its counter? Too much?
Bump. :< Anyone?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-04-28 15:32:46
Link | Citer | R

People probably avoided answering this for two reasons:

1) They don't know the answer. I can tell you that you can't go overboard on Acc against that Mandy. We use ES Impact, Hunter's Roll, and Marcato Blade Madrigal + Sword Madrigal with very well-geared melees eating Sushi and they generally still do not have a capped hit rate.

2) You used the phrase "punch through counter." This implies that you can somehow overcome enemy's Counter trait using accuracy, which isn't true. You can reduce their counter rate by increasing your evade rate, but not by increasing your accuracy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 266 267 268 ... 836 837 838