Horizon strikes again
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Toeknee
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2024-04-09 22:03:17
Link | Citer | R

don't yall get bored of rehashing these same talking points for each side every month or so for 20 pages
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-04-10 08:20:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toeknee said: »
don't yall get bored of rehashing these same talking points for each side every month or so for 20 pages
It is all about revenue! the more their brains rot the more likely they click ads. Over engagement in these topic can clearly cause brain rot. FOLLOW THE MONEY who benefits from ads clicks?
By Homsar 2024-04-10 09:47:05
Link | Citer | R

don't yall get bored of rehashing

You're asking FFXI players this?
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2024-04-10 10:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
It is all about revenue! the more their brains rot the more likely they click ads. Over engagement in these topic can clearly cause brain rot. FOLLOW THE MONEY who benefits from ads clicks?
it's peak ffxiah that you asked for this to be hidden, it got hidden and you're still posting here.

just peak ffxiah poster
By RadialArcana 2024-04-10 11:17:52
Link | Citer | R

GetHelpNerd said: »
it's peak ffxiah that you asked for this to be hidden, it got hidden and you're still posting here.

just peak ffxiah poster

No they are correct, it's hidden from the front page (which is good and appreciated) but you can still see it from the forum page. Honestly why have it at all, every single post is people being mad and trolls trolling them to be more mad.

To a point I get it, they need adrev and they need a thing that gets interaction up. However having a private server forum is a stab in the guts to someone that really likes the game, especially one that is as hated as Horizon is.

Most people do not have a problem with the base open source project itself or most PS, but this one is different due to their actions and people don't want it in our faces every time we come here.

Horizon is the worst PS that has ever been setup (so no surprise some of the scumbucket dregs all went there too) and has actively hurt and divided the entire 11 community in a way no other server ever has before, in that the people who own and run it are scumbags and do not care about FFXI or the FFXI community and only care about themselves and their own ego (and probably wallet). Not only do they happily hurt retail but other private servers too by advertising like a $10 hoe everywhere shamelessly, they also give nothing back to the place they took everything from in the first place.

As I said before, the majority of the adrev of this entire site is based on AUCTION HOUSE interactions and effectively promoting a server that does not work with that will hurt the site long term far more than any short term gain.

Also since Yoshida is effectively throwing FF11 a bone and adding a FF11 raid to FF14, and that will lead to ff14 players potentially checking out the game. Having a PS forum here is really damn crappy behavior, it does condone it from one of the biggest remaining ff11 sites and makes people think it's ok to go there. When it's not ok at all.

They can do what they want, but it's still objectively bad.
By Homsar 2024-04-10 11:36:38
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
However having a private server forum is a stab in the guts

How does one make it through life being this fragile? How do you type out a post like yours' without any sense of shame or self-awareness?
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2024-04-10 12:00:14
Link | Citer | R

just peak ffxiah poster

No they are correct, it's hidden from the front page (which is good and appreciated) but you can still see it from the forum page. Honestly why have it at all, every single post is people being mad and trolls trolling them to be more mad.

To a point I get it, they need adrev and they need a thing that gets interaction up. However having a private server forum is a stab in the guts to someone that really likes the game, especially one that is as hated as Horizon is.
jesus christ you are insufferable. you literally have to click into the forum and click on the private server to even SEE that there are new posts. you have to ACTIVELY BE LOOKING to see new posts. not to mention 99% of people likely only use the active topics widget on the front page.

also didn't you say you had blocked me at one point?

the quality of poster on this forum really has deteriorated over the years, this is peak entitled baby behavior
[+]
By Homsar 2024-04-10 12:43:30
Link | Citer | R

this is peak entitled baby behavior

It's honestly both sad and weird to the point where I want to believe that Draylo and Radial are shitposting. They write mopey wistful posts about FFXI as though it's their lover that died an early, tragic death. They complain about private servers as if they have an actual measurable effect on retail. If FFXI were the Titanic, SE is the iceberg and private servers are the people tossing furniture into the water to stay afloat. Draylo and Radial are the guys in first class sitting on the deck as the ship sinks, bemoaning the people tearing up the furniture as ruining the splendor of the ship.
[+]
 Asura.Toeknee
By Asura.Toeknee 2024-04-10 13:10:55
Link | Citer | R

Horizon is the worst PS that has ever been setup (so no surprise some of the scumbucket dregs all went there too) and has actively hurt and divided the entire 11 community in a way no other server ever has before, in that the people who own and run it are scumbags and do not care about FFXI or the FFXI community and only care about themselves and their own ego (and probably wallet). Not only do they happily hurt retail but other private servers too by advertising like a $10 hoe everywhere shamelessly, they also give nothing back to the font they took everything from in the first place.

I think you're overestimating this entire community thing. im betting the majority of gamers on both sides just log in, play whatever, and log off and don't care about any of these extracurriculars. i can't for the life of me understand how and why people are upset about any of it. horizon and every private server that's existed over the last decade isn't impacting retail in any significant way. the 'community divide' is 13 people arguing on a forum. on the flipside, the 'scumbucket' GM's and RMT on horizon isn't impacting the normal person's gameplay either, you're still just logging in and AFKing while looking for a party as you take 3 months to hit 75 and farm stuff with your LS.

i get that it's a forum so discussion is the only function here, but the way these discussions end up going just shows some of you take this gaming hobby a bit too serious. we're not 16 anymore, who actually cares - just log in to wherever you want spend your time, enjoy yourself, and log off.
By Zehira 2024-04-10 13:40:53
Link | Citer | R

Honestly why have it at all, every single post is people being mad and trolls trolling them to be more mad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You act like it's totally our fault. We are not bullfighters playing your eyes with our muleta where it shows HorizonXI.
By Homsar 2024-04-10 13:51:54
Link | Citer | R

i can't for the life of me understand how and why people are upset about any of it.

Are you not paying attention? The retail folks occasionally see lines of text on their screen saying "If you miss classic FFXI, give Horizon a try" or "Horizon has a big population these days". Do you not see how problematic that is?
 Asura.Toeknee
By Asura.Toeknee 2024-04-10 14:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Homsar said: »
i can't for the life of me understand how and why people are upset about any of it.

Are you not paying attention? The retail folks occasionally see lines of text on their screen saying "If you miss classic FFXI, give Horizon a try" or "Horizon has a big population these days". Do you not see how problematic that is?

when you put it that way i'm left with no other choice but to apologize. we can't have this blasphemous speech out in the world slowly eroding away our beloved FFXI.
 Asura.Creole
user: Creole
By Asura.Creole 2024-04-11 14:34:20
Link | Citer | R

Homsar said: »
Is this the part where we pretend retail is actually challenging?
you for sure need a hobby my guy
By Homsar 2024-04-11 17:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Creole said: »
you for sure need a hobby my guy

My hobby is actually playing games instead of paying others to do it for me. You should give it a shot.
 Cerberus.Fishmonger
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pometeme
By Cerberus.Fishmonger 2024-04-12 08:45:17
Link | Citer | R

Also since Yoshida is effectively throwing FF11 a bone and adding a FF11 raid to FF14, and that will lead to ff14 players potentially checking out the game. Having a PS forum here is really damn crappy behavior, it does condone it from one of the biggest remaining ff11 sites and makes people think it's ok to go there. When it's not ok at all.

We can't wait for the XI-XIV raid bump. We are going to steal all of those precious new players from you and there is nothing you can do about it.
By Homsar 2024-04-12 10:40:24
Link | Citer | R

Neither game is stealing a relevant number of players from the other.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9