Experimental Fluid (peach)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Experimental Fluid (peach)
Experimental Fluid (peach)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-04-16 19:28:34
Link | Citer | R

Adamantite shines the most on tank jobs because you can keep DT and HP higher on certain sets while casting. If you can cap Fast Cast without the body, it is best in slot for that. Not only is it the best piece for a PDT set, but it opens up more options in many other sets. Melees can cap PDT easier to make stronger hybrid sets. The only place it falls is if you need to stack magic evasion to resist status effects. It's probably somewhat competitive for taking magic damage on Paladin, but Rune Fencer is difficult to decide because its AF coat has Resist All Elements +39.
By drakefs 2024-04-17 00:06:53
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
On which jobs and in which sets is it really best in slot and used?

Any job that doesn't have the BiS alternative.

SE could of done better but if they had, people would feel compelled to farm one. Farming the box is already a pain in the ***, that I do not do anymore (seriously SE, make it a permanent login points item) and the drop rate is abysmal, so lets be glad most people do not want it.

Otherwise you end up with this:

Valefor.Kriz said: »
Also, I'd love to stop running this fight, but we still need two more armors after running daily since January...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-04-17 00:46:10
Link | Citer | R

I gave up for the moment. Granted I only run the fight ~47 times, maybe 50.

Despite the frustration of only one person in our group getting the meat, I don't have particular complaints.
I mean I could say the same things darkefs said, which I agree with 100%, but then again I'm sorta glad they released "content" like Princess Peach. I honestly hope there's gonna be more little things like that in the future.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-04-17 05:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Philemon said: »

I'm officially no longer 'up to speed' with FFXI. Idk what 'Flan Princess' is, nor why said meat matters.

Albeit, it is certainly a little sus for a women to be packing meat. But I digress.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-04-17 06:01:29
Link | Citer | R

tl;dr

"Peach Power" is a fight which takes place in the Ashu Talif, inspired by old FF games.
You can enter with up to 6 people once a day (reset jp midnight) with a special item which can be stolen from the ilevel imps under specific conditions.

Once you enter there will be one Flan Princess for each player (so from 1 to 6). They're all very resistant to physical damage and susceptible to magical damage.

Each time you kill one you get 10k Exemplar Points and a chance to obtain a Guimauve meat.
Guimauve Meat can be traded to a specific NPC for a Adamantite Armor or for a Fluid that, once used, gives you a bit more than 10k EP on the job you use it on.
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-04-17 10:13:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »
Idk what 'Flan Princess' is
[+]
By K123 2024-04-17 18:21:55
Link | Citer | R

drakefs said: »
On which jobs and in which sets is it really best in slot and used?

Any job that doesn't have the BiS alternative.
[/quote]
This is still a non answer. I don't play every job, but most, and don't see anywhere it is really that useful.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-17 18:22:58
Link | Citer | R

I don't see anywhere it is really that useful.

Because, it isn't. But it was an accurate answer. You only wear it when you lack the better option. If you're a lifer, that should mean you never wear it.

It's never option 1 on any job or any scenario
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-04-17 19:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
Idk what 'Flan Princess' is

[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-17 19:44:57
Link | Citer | R

Would
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-04-17 19:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Would
lmao that's a double-bagger for sure
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-04-17 20:49:06
Link | Citer | R

Adamantite Armor seems niche but it has outstanding HP/MP, DEF, magic def bonus, -DT and I think also VIT and MND.
Although it's not ideal for full time melee as it's missing stats like stp or multiattack the lack of haste doesn't hurt as bad anymore since there are decent belt options to compensate.

imho it's a swap piece for hairy situations and I wouldn't compare it 1 to 1 with other bodies, you have to evaluate it in conjunction with all slots. For instance you could drop Malignance Boots for some EMPY +3 boots as they tend to have better magic def bonus and meva but some are missing -DT.

It might be usefull for waltz, white wind and convert. If there are any jobs that can cap fast cast without armor, maybe RDM or SCH, it would make their precast sets safer.
It could also fit IDLE tanking situations on jobs that usually don't tank, BLM mana wall for instance.

I find it remarkable that some jobs can cap -DT with just 3 pieces.

If I had one I'd see if it can make DEF builds viable for certain situations, cruel joke odyssey pulling in particular.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-04-18 01:02:53
Link | Citer | R

To me Adamantite Armor is useful mostly in midcast sets for situations where a lot of your slots are bound to other items because of the spell you're casting, and you want to reach DT and have good defensive stats in that set.
Adamantite armor gives a pretty nice boost to those stats using a single slot, so it can be really nice for those sets.
By K123 2024-04-18 02:03:54
Link | Citer | R

For PLD? RUN? WHM? RDM? SCH?
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-04-18 02:57:02
Link | Citer | R

*** those imps, we only did it like 10-15 times and it was obnoxious farming them, even with maxed steal gear. Luckily, I had it drop in the first 5 runs or so, and I would have kept going (at least to the fights) with my friends, but they got tired of it as well. I certainly wouldn't keep farming it for myself.

That being said, it's a pretty great body to have to mix into your tanking sets. I think it's arguably the best RUN SIRD body you can get. Obviously you can mix and match a hundred different valid tank sets, so it's not needed, but it massively helps open up previous DT slots for mixing SIRD around. I don't need the shitty Rawhide Gloves anymore, for example. That's about it though, RUN's Empy body is insane and just irreplaceable for idle and engaged.

PLD uses it in a couple sets. I should probably work it into my general Idle sets as well, just been too lazy to tweak all of my sets and recalculate HP balance etc. Right now, it's in my Dynamis sets for both idle and SIRD. You can't use Empy body in there at all because SE refuses to fix the bug and you will get one-shot for 20k-99k wearing it. Hjarrandi and Souv are the only alternatives and as they are outdated, their base stat lines are weak in comparison to Empy and Adamantite.

Again, I found it horribly obnoxious and wouldn't keep farming it if I had gotten unlucky and it didn't drop fast, I absolutely would not waste my time farming it, but it is a good piece for some sets here and there and if you have the extra time, it's definitely worth getting for tank jobs. I honestly wouldn't bother for mages and DDs though. Mages want the 3-4 refresh bodies and DDs shouldn't really be getting hit in idle sets outside of maybe BLU or THF pullers and random ***.
[+]
By K123 2024-04-18 03:42:48
Link | Citer | R

I don't play PLD or RUN so that's good. Didn't realise they still hadn't fixed that, have they even acknowledged it?
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-04-18 04:48:19
Link | Citer | R

Not as far as I know. If they acknowledged it, they would have to put steps towards fixing it and I don't think they give a ***. It's also a completely unimportant mechanic on the body. If they can't code it properly, remove the 'Damage Taken varies based on Enmity' and put flat DT on it like literally every other DT piece. If you have enmity, you basically have the DT anyway, if you don't have enmity, you don't need the DT and the your group is probably about to wipe anyway. It's just flat DT with extra steps and broken (in dynamis) to boot.
By Shichishito 2024-04-18 10:45:17
Link | Citer | R

The impbox farming ruins the entire event.
It's concerning that we went from decent drop rates on high difficutly
to shitty drop rates on high difficulty
to shitty drop rates on high difficutly with increased merit entry requirements
to shitty drop rates with hour long impbox farming. All that for a side grade.

If they'd ever add new content I'm starting to get worried we'll be doing quest lines as draged out as the REMA ones just to get a shot at a BCNM.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-04-18 12:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

I'm sure she has a lovely personalty.

Its what's on the inside that counts.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut