First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-25 14:45:56
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
DRK PLD COR BRD GEO RDM for Aminon

You're right, it would be this setup DRK (or DNC)WHM COR BRD GEO RDM. Don't know why I was thinking we brought a SCH, probably from months of our SCH or double-SCH 8 boss runs.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-25 15:04:25
Link | Citer | R

Meva aside, WHM stands no chance of tanking Aminon. Threat issues aside (which they would abound), they also have the issue that they take (at minimum) 4x as much damage as a PLD from every auto-attack of Aminon.

They do get 20 MDB from traits though, so there's that!

I would also like to see a video of someone attempting this, please and thanks!
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-25 15:33:08
Link | Citer | R

they also have the issue that they take (at minimum) 4x as much damage as a PLD from every auto-attack of Aminon
I wouldn't rule it out that quickly, they can use any sub for additional hate tools and they have the option of cureskin if stoneskin recast proves to be an issue.
By Dodik 2024-04-25 15:37:58
Link | Citer | R

It's more a question of where the MDT that Pld gets from Aegis is coming from, and how much MDB can they stack to compensate.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-25 15:42:40
Link | Citer | R

RUN can tank it, and per Martel ( https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56855/sortie-release-info/148/#3699919 ), you're not getting a whole lot of value out of valiance/vallation. I would think if you can hold hate on WHM, you should be able to maintain stoneskin or cureskin. If there's a RDM or SCH present(and there likely will be), you have phalanx available without sub.

Whether it's actually got any real benefit besides novelty is a greater question, but it seems feasible at face value.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-25 15:45:53
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
It's more a question of where the MDT that Pld gets from Aegis is coming from, and how much MDB can they stack to compensate.

If you're hoping that a WHM can stack more MDB than PLD while capping DT, you're going to be very disappointed.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
they can use any sub for additional hate tools

Additional hate tools = any hate tools. WHM has no hate tool, except curaga, which has an innate -25 enmity. I haven't looked into WHM +enmity sets, but I'd imagine it's probably very difficult to get +225 enmity in a casting set, especially if you want to have any amount of cure potency.

Also consider they have 0 phalanx potency pieces, except what you can get with DM augs perhaps? Compare to PLD with +33~37.

and they have the option of cureskin if stoneskin recast proves to be an issue.

If stoneskin is down and you're resorting to cureskin, you've already taken over 0 damage and given Aminon TP, so it's too late to do your job. Would work in emergencies, but if it's happening on a regular basis you might as well just have anyone else in the party tanking.

Not saying it's impossible, just pointing out problems WHM would face.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-25 15:48:28
Link | Citer | R

WHM has no hate tool, except curaga, which has an innate -25 enmity.
flash

If stoneskin is down and you're resorting to cureskin, you've already taken over 0 damage and given Aminon TP, so it's too late to do your job.
cancel+cast after a certain number of swings, overwrite with stoneskin

don't think it's really going to be that hard if you had a whm fully geared for it[I doubt many people would, especially phalanx potency gear], but I'm also struggling to see how it changes any other aspect of the run enough to be worth the prep
[+]
By Godfry 2024-04-25 15:48:32
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't mind sacrificing a run to see how this bad-boy would perform on aminon hard mode:

-50% MDT and stoneskin for pet and master.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-25 15:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Shoutout to the dude who uploaded their Lorg Mor to ffxi screenshots. Picked the weapon for their fav job they play most instead of what the mob told them the best weapon is.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-25 15:56:34
Link | Citer | R

LOL I power searched Enmity+ for WHM in all slots ilvl, and there's nothing other than weapons and necks.

With accessories, I think a WHM can get their cures to be at -5 enmity. My PLD has +69 (nice) in cure set. I mean...it's not quite double, I guess, that's nice!

Flash set would suffer from this problem, but worse, ditto all JA sets (assuming they're using Sentinel, Valiance, or w/e from subjob for threat). PLD enmity set is something like +130 enmity, WHM would be maybe +35?

Actually if you don't mind swapping main/sub, you can get to 55. If you want to wear 3 pieces of non-ilvl armor, up to 63. -25 to these values for cures

ItemSet 395501
[+]
By IGDC 2024-04-25 16:10:03
Link | Citer | R

LOL I power searched Enmity+ for WHM in all slots ilvl, and there's nothing other than weapons and necks.

With accessories, I think a WHM can get their cures to be at -5 enmity. My PLD has +69 (nice) in cure set. I mean...it's not quite double, I guess, that's nice!

Flash set would suffer from this problem, but worse, ditto all JA sets (assuming they're using Sentinel, Valiance, or w/e from subjob for threat). PLD enmity set is something like +130 enmity, WHM would be maybe +35?

Actually if you don't mind swapping main/sub, you can get to 55. If you want to wear 3 pieces of non-ilvl armor, up to 63. -25 to these values for cures

ItemSet 395501

Probably could make an Oseem augment set on whm for +enmity if you wanted for gear.outside dm augs, i THINK +5 is max. so that would make their set +80 emnity
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-25 16:11:18
Link | Citer | R

IGDC said: »

ItemSet 395501

Probably could make an Oseem augment set on whm for +enmity if you wanted for gear.

Chironic can't roll +enmity, only -enmity, but maybe with DM augs!
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-04-25 16:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Additional hate tools = any hate tools. WHM has no hate tool, except curaga, which has an innate -25 enmity. I haven't looked into WHM +enmity sets, but I'd imagine it's probably very difficult to get +225 enmity in a casting set, especially if you want to have any amount of cure potency.
Tranquil heart enmity- is a separate multiplicative term from gear enmity. So you can't overpower it with more gear enmity+.

That said, as PLD keeping hate on Aminon is extremely easy. to the point that after the initial JA enmity actions, I hardly even flash. I just cure the whole time. And this is on PLD/SCH, so I'm dealing with tranquil heart too(if at lower potency due to lower skill), and my cure set is not enmity+ spec'd, it's an meva hybrid cure set I built for surviving casting cure during fetters. I don't wear burtgang for Aminon either. I do maintain Crusade though.

WHM doesn't have very good enmity gear options, but at the same time, I feel like the bar for keeping hate on Hardmode/melee Aminon is very low for a non-MB/non-elmental WS strat. I haven't mathed anything out for it, and I think they'd have to work at it a lot harder, but I wouldn't completely dismiss the possibility that they could potentially keep hate.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-25 16:32:23
Link | Citer | R

Since Whm can sub run and get all the JAs plus crusade, holding hate is certainly doable.

I just don't see a world where the whm is not feeding enough TP to stop it doing a TP move.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-25 16:40:50
Link | Citer | R

But every time someone pops up to say "Sam solo DD on that is easy, just watch" and drag the LS over to watch them do it, they "neglect" to mention it is not possible without said cheat.

reading thru the thread now but this caught my eye: wdym by this? I don't use tako, just facetank fullers and I can solo DD Kei, you just need to put some extra HP in your sets. I swap in Tuisto earring for TP and Dualism Collar for WS and it's fine. Without a human WHM giving you cureskin right before fullers you may need a bit more HP on top to ensure you survive the follow up attack (or well timed Third Eye) but it really isn't that complicated.

Same thing works for Ou, which I don't even bring a WHM for, just GEO+SAM (to get 1 extra pop set per rotation).
[+]
By Godfry 2024-04-25 16:52:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I don't use tako, just facetank fullers and I can solo DD Kei, you just need to put some extra HP in your sets.

Doesn't fuller increase damage based on how many things get hit by it? Won't your alts get hit? Or you don't even use alts?
By Dodik 2024-04-25 16:52:50
Link | Citer | R

wdym by this?

I was referring to the Do SC and run away from fullers method, usually with a geo bubble in there too (so 5k dmg not 2.5k).

That needs ja0 or you get animation locked when doing WS to get him over the percentage and die. Especially with long-a$$ animations like shoha.

Or be extra awesome like Kragga and learn to only do the short animation WSs while creeping at max range, I guess. But no one does that other than him.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-25 16:55:39
Link | Citer | R

So like idk why you guys seem to think it takes a physics degree to figure this out but again it isn't complicated. You run all besides the SAM away from the boss and Full Circle before the Fullers. In my setup only me, my geo, and the bubble are in range so it's as simple as hitting full circle and moving her back out of range before WSing to bring down to Fullers threshold.
By Chimerawizard 2024-04-25 17:01:12
Link | Citer | R

you can also widened compass a bubble outside fullers range while still getting the effect. actually useful for that if you aren't spamming the NM faster than recast.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-25 17:01:55
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
you can also widened compass a bubble outside fullers range while still getting the effect. actually useful for that if you aren't spamming the NM faster than recast.

hadnt ever actually thought about this, good tip, will try this next time
By Godfry 2024-04-25 17:02:50
Link | Citer | R

So like idk why you guys seem to think it takes a physics degree to figure this out but again it isn't complicated. You run all besides the SAM away from the boss and Full Circle before the Fullers. In my setup only me, my geo, and the bubble are in range so it's as simple as hitting full circle and moving her back out of range before WSing to bring down to Fullers threshold.

My bad, I misread solo with solo DD. Yeah, there isn't anything difficult with Kei if you aren't soloing it.
By Dodik 2024-04-25 17:03:35
Link | Citer | R

My point was that anyone that I have ever seen demonstrate Sam solo DD on Kei has magically run away from fullers during an animation. That is the common method.

Not that it's not possible to do it while full circling the bubble or eating the fullers or w/e.

Just that is not the common method and is a lot harder than the popular alternative. Which needs special sauce to work. That last bit gets left out of explanations though.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-25 17:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Godfry said: »

My bad, I misread solo with solo DD. Yeah, there isn't anything difficult with Kei if you aren't soloing it.

Even solo w/ trusts you can do it, you just have to use trusts that remain at range. Yoran-Oran, Cherukiki, manually placed Kupipi, Ulmia, Joachim, Koru Moru, etc.

Which needs special sauce to work.

Is it considered special sauce to manually play the game and not have AutoWS or some ***force Fullers early or something? To have your support do more than hit their bubbles and afk until you kill it? I really don't think that playing the boss's mechanic properly is "special". If anything, outranging the ability with fleehacks or JA0 is the "special sauce" that no one wants to talk about and is absolutely not the intended way of doing the fight.

edit: nvm I see what you mean now and I agree. The "common method" is stupid and is not even the easiest way to do it, just eating it and healing the damage is braindead simple as it is.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-25 18:42:57
Link | Citer | R

What is the best reported Hard Mode sortie run for groups not using DNC? Is it still possible to do Aminon + 7 bosses, or not even?

Best we've done using DRK for HM Aminon is 5 bosses (ABCEG) but we're scrubs so I'm sure others have done better. I'm not sure if anyone has done HM + 8/8 with anything other than DNC.

It sucks that, again, one job will shine above all others.

Funny that DNC is catching flak for this when the other 5 jobs are also required and there's no flexibility there. Guess DDs are finally feeling what supports have been putting up with for years lol. There are also plenty of other pieces of content in FFXI where a specific DD is required/meta.

And it's that DD. Whatever will they lockstyle to cover up their non-manly shame?

They don't ban as much as they should or could. The game is full of botters. But, that doesn't mean an individual bot is impervious. If you're botting or cheating(especially speed) on your 15 year old character, you're gambling against losing the entire thing, and it's malicious to represent the situation in any other way.

Yeah man, and then I go to bed at 9pm instead of 11pm. I'm old like everyone else here, sounds like a good time either way. If they blow up my accumulated gear treasure horde, then I'm done. That monthly sub is never coming back and I'm certainly not spending more money on the game after an account ban when I know every EP zone is being permanently bot farmed and RMT shouts are going out all the time.

What am I going to miss? Being prepped for that very real future expansion they have planned? Another Prime Weapon? Grind some more ML50 jobs?
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-25 23:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Sirvente from BRD! :P
By Ranoutofspace 2024-04-25 23:37:17
Link | Citer | R

Flash?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-26 00:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

Sirvente from BRD! :P

Enmity retention, not actual enmity. If you're taking 0 damage from all hits, which you should in this run, Sirvente might as well be Pastoral.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-04-26 01:08:20
Link | Citer | R

Animus Augeo would be a +20 enmity buff. But.. I don't think any melee/hard mode Aminon composition is going to include a SCH. lvl 85 spell, so no subbing it.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-26 01:09:34
Link | Citer | R

Best enmity+ I could find. Like previously mentioned, probably have to fill the rest with DM augs.
ItemSet 395502

/RUN for foil/JAs or /BLU for hate spell spam along with flash. COR could keep magus's roll on just the whm, sch could Animus Augeo (not foe sirvente, my mistake) but like ppl said, not bringing sch to that comp.

It's probably a terrible idea in reality, but would be fun memeing on this content.

Edit: could also swing your merits for +10 effective enmity.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69