Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)
Are We Hypocrites? (Aeonic SMN Discussion)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Senaki 2017-11-24 06:17:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
clearlyamule said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
You don't even deny that SMN is broken though Frod. It's the SMNs acting like it's not.

I don't deny that smn is broken. i also don't deny that there's several other factors that cause it in addition to smn being strong.

It's those factors that tend to be ignored in favor of "nerf smn"
Nerf Frod

Nerf your face.
Kinky

It's only awkward if you make it awkward.

Th-that sounds awakward..
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-24 11:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
How is this thread not locked yet ?

Have you seen our mods!?

Sloth is their standard, cowardice is their motto and ignorance is their trademark.

They we're culled from the lowest dregs of our unwashed ranks when the CO asked for volunteers to work for free and anyone with any sense took a giant step backwards.

The only thing more sad than how hard they had to work to become volunteers is how long they have been forsaken and abandoned without ever realizing it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-24 12:13:59
Link | Citer | R

The only thing the SMN exploitation should be compared to is SCH/Modus Veritas/Helix exploitation that happened several years ago. Why did SE patch it? Was it because they were doing it on their precious not-meant-to-be-beatable-by-legit-means AV? There is no incentive to patch this and also I don't understand all the comparisons to any other legit burn strategy. Ex: SAM+DRK burning required RDM/BLM to stun lock things back in the day. One resisted Stun meant dead alliance. That said even though Astral Flow is a cheap win, it's still a win. Players using it and are in denial need to accept its a cheesy strategy, and players not using it need to quit hating and put more efforts into bettering themselves with whatever method they choose instead.

Astral Flow = Modus Veritas pre-nerf and unless it starts affecting the game's enjoyment on predominantly JP servers, it will remain un-patched. SE just doesn't care about NA/EU problems made up by a select few loud butt-hurt players that have yet to complete an Aeonic and are latching onto this as an excuse.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-24 12:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Hell they never even beat AV with it just tested it out on a couple of mobs and poof gone.
 Bismarck.Phaded
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-11-24 12:29:18
Link | Citer | R

One of the biggest reasons this will remain un-patched is because SE believes they fixed the problem ahead of time by removing Revitalizers from Escha zones. Resetting 1-hrs right now either requires a trip to Abyssea and kill a mob or a trip to Maze Mongers and talk to a gob. How come no one is petitioning SE to remove those? Is it because that affects everyone and not just SMN? (Hyprocricy? Perhaps.)

To get SE's attention someone would have to show all the current hardest mobs being destroyed in a few hrs time along with the resetting process and that's just not going to happen. Move on people, there are better things to do than try and ruin people's fun.
By Justuas 2017-11-24 12:41:11
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Have you seen our mods!?

Sloth is their standard, cowardice is their motto and ignorance is their trademark.

They we're culled from the lowest dregs of our unwashed ranks when the CO asked for volunteers to work for free and anyone with any sense took a giant step backwards.

The only thing more sad than how hard they had to work to become volunteers is how long they have been forsaken and abandoned without ever realizing it.
Don't forget that they don't even play the game either.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-24 12:50:33
Link | Citer | R

Have you seen our mods!?

You forgot extremely biased.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-24 14:22:47
Link | Citer | R

Bias is merely a syptom of ignorance.

As each of us grow, so does our understanding and as our knowledge increases our viewpoints change over time.

Unless you clamp that whole process off with staunch pigheadedness.

Dumb people can get smarter but arrogant people never will admit there is more to learn. They will cling to the most proposterous notions all the way to thier graves.

For some reason I can not explain, a lot of them wind up here as mods.
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2017-11-24 14:44:10
Link | Citer | R

As each of us grow, so does our understanding and as our knowledge increases our viewpoints change over time.

Dumb people can get smarter but arrogant people never will admit there is more to learn. They will cling to the most proposterous notions all the way to thier graves.

Where you Quoting this from? I have not said that at all in this thread ?
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-24 14:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Failed quoting is merely a symptom of ignorance.

As each of us grow, so does our understanding of words.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-24 20:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Lmao!

my ignorance knows no bounds!
 Odin.Meansa
Serveur: Odin
user: Meansa
By Odin.Meansa 2017-11-25 01:11:38
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By kishr 2017-11-25 02:16:11
Link | Citer | R

you are all hypocrites
thread solved
/closethread

dont like it? dont do it.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-11-25 03:35:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Things
Incorrect. They shouted for RME when VW was a thing, because there were enough people around to be exclusive in your build. That's not the case anymore and it has become a solidly exclusive smn problem fueling REMA only mentality.

When the lowest class citizens have it, it becomes acceptable to expect everyone has it, even the ones that can't be bothered to get it.

BS.

Nobody is expecting a whm, rdm, smn, blm, geo or cor to have an aeonic. They generally aren't being invited to hit things.

Nobody is going to turn down a mythic cor.

Nobody is going to turn down an empy sam.

Most people are fine with a Rag WAR or DRK.

Nobody is going to turn down a mythic DRG (that is, if they want DRG at all).

SAME goes for MNK.

Empy/mythic nin? This is fine

Empy/mythic thf or dnc? Nobody is complaining.

See the trend?

There is precisely one job where people expect you to have an aeonic if you wanna do content. Bard. All the rest of the jobs can solo their RME without SMN and get into virtually all elitist end game event shouts just as reliably as an aeonic holder.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-25 04:27:14
Link | Citer | R

Another thing i've been seeing since the rage on smns started with the aeonic business is people think smn equals to scrub.

If you make your aeonics with AC zerg, you must be a scrub with no skill regardless of your achievements (and the groups mercing aeonics in asura cleared all master trials and basically everything already, that's not scrub level to me).

If you get your aeonics made by mercs, you must be a scrub. And this affirmation can split in at least 2 types of players, the ones that achieved everything, want aeonic/s but there's no groups left on their server to make them and actual bad players that pay for them.

In my personal experience, i never expect jobs like WHM to have a yagrush but BRD to have at least the relic and the oboro harp, if people over the most populated servers demand aeonics, full pimped gear and the like to do normal ambuscade, there's something wrong here but its not the shouters fault, its the people that acomodate to ridiculous demands.

Most content can be cleared with normal weapons and master jobs really, when people are demanding REMA + everything on the book to do content, dont blame the smns, blame the people with elitist mentality only.

Here in ragna you are happy to fill a couple ambuscade shouts on EU/NA prime if anything lol, most ppl are just boxers and closed groups.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-25 06:01:15
Link | Citer | R

SMNs are like working at McDonlads.

If you saw a frycook driving a Bugatti, you'd know he didn't earn it. You'd be like... maybe they should nerf frycooks....

If you like pet jobs, yay for you, but you're not fooling anyone. The only people that play SMN are the ones not good enough to play anything else. And getting an aeonic for a job you aren't good enough to play doesn't now make you good enough.
By pchan 2017-11-25 06:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
There is precisely one job where people expect you to have an aeonic if you wanna do content. Bard.
I only expect bards to have carnwenhan, daurdabla and gjallarhorn. The aeonic is a side grade, but I semi-agree with you in that it's the only aeonic worth the effort. All other aeonic suck. The mechanism behing ultimate sc is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and in most if not all cases it's a dps loss.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-25 06:47:33
Link | Citer | R

If you saw a frycook driving a Bugatti, you'd know he didn't earn it. You'd be like... maybe they should nerf frycooks....

If you like pet jobs, yay for you, but you're not fooling anyone. The only people that play SMN are the ones not good enough to play anything else. And getting an aeonic for a job you aren't good enough to play doesn't now make you good enough.

There's so much wrong on this lol, if i saw someone with a bugatti i'd think good for him and keep my way and mind my own business, nothing in this world gives me the right to judge people the way you are describing here.

I think the issue here is totally personal on your behalf, people over there on asura looked down on you and they were summoners or something lol.

And the last paragraph is just lol, i played bst for 11 years and smn on and off just to play it fully the last 2 years, you telling that me or career summoners arent good enough to play anything else because we like pet jobs.

I think you are aiming your gun to the wrong people and again, i think this crusade is just an attempt to get revenge on summoners there, good luck with that!

Revenge always destroys the avenger.
[+]
By geigei 2017-11-25 06:47:35
Link | Citer | R

pchan said: »
All other aeonic suck

lol wut?
 Asura.Rathood
By Asura.Rathood 2017-11-25 07:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Where you Quoting this from? I have not said that at all in this thread ?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-25 08:47:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

Not quite. It's to be expected though, that's literally your only go-to move.

It's pretty straight forward, there's no hidden agendas or meanings. ***'s undeniably brokenly imbalanced. Not for any reason other than it's broken.

Broken = bad. This is kindergarten level knowledge.

I do realize you still don't understand, even though it's something you learned when you were 4.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Serveur: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-11-25 09:18:36
Link | Citer | R

I only expect bards to have carnwenhan, daurdabla and gjallarhorn. The aeonic is a side grade, but I semi-agree with you in that it's the only aeonic worth the effort. All other aeonic suck. The mechanism behing ultimate sc is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and in most if not all cases it's a dps loss.

[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-25 09:20:55
Link | Citer | R

All having an aeonic means is you have the right jobs/people in your linkshell. It isn't validation that you are the best people to ever play FFXI. The people that have their aeonic merc. Mostly can't get into a linkshell to obtain one. Cause a lot of people are elitist *** . So they buy an aeonic and skip all the ***. Kinda smart if you ask me.
[+]
By ocean 2017-11-25 09:45:35
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
There is precisely one job where people expect you to have an aeonic if you wanna do content. Bard.

Edit: inappropriate comment. Please forgive me.
By fonewear 2017-11-25 09:47:54
Link | Citer | R

ocean said: »
Quote:

Were you born HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? or did this mechanism happen over time?

That's a pretty cool story bro you published on Amazon.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-11-25 14:31:49
Link | Citer | R

Hey, kids!
It's time for the 3rd Annual "This Summoner Thread Again" awards!

Winners of the "proving ***rolls uphill" category:
All other aeonic suck.
Asura.Azagarth said: »
So you lv smn to get said weapon, to then have it on a job you still cannot use having said weapon.
To be quite frank, it's an asura only issue.

Winners of the "people still waiting for the May 10th summoner nerfs" category:
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
People label the pro-nerf crowd as jealous/toxic people when it could not be further from the truth.
It's an unsustainable business plan that will eventually dry up and leave the game worse off if not addressed.
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
You don't even deny that SMN is broken though Frod. It's the SMNs acting like it's not.
Asura.Saevel said: »
Dude give it up, SE's not going to let you continue using AC SMN to easy button everything.
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Unfortunately, it's coming to an end and no amount of personal insults, whining, flawed logic, or rants on this forum will stop it.

Winner of the "people who didn't finish leveling summoner" category:
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I think people are mad that smn is the most op way of clearing content because the skill cap is so low that any dotard with a credit carr can do it

Winners of the "come at my 70jp thief, bro" category:
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
I think it might because people associate REMA with a mastery in the job.
So, people having one on a job they don't really play creates a false impression of skill on that job for some folks.
If you like pet jobs, yay for you, but you're not fooling anyone. The only people that play SMN are the ones not good enough to play anything else.
And getting an aeonic for a job you aren't good enough to play doesn't now make you good enough.

Winner of the "maybe 6~7 hours later" category:
Bismarck.Phaded said: »
To get SE's attention someone would have to show all the current hardest mobs being destroyed in a few hrs time
along with the resetting process and that's just not going to happen.

Congratulations!
We're all really looking forward to seeing this thread again in 2018!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-25 14:41:08
Link | Citer | R

Not quite. It's to be expected though, that's literally your only go-to move.

It's pretty straight forward, there's no hidden agendas or meanings. ***'s undeniably brokenly imbalanced. Not for any reason other than it's broken.

Broken = bad. This is kindergarten level knowledge.

I do realize you still don't understand, even though it's something you learned when you were 4.

You dont learn what bitterness is at the age of 4.

About being broken, i already said that like 10 times, but its only broken for 1 event, this isnt like kraken zerg back then all ranger all the things be4 the hammer fell.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-25 15:21:16
Link | Citer | R

About being broken, i already said that like 10 times, but its only broken for 1 event, this isnt like kraken zerg back then all ranger all the things be4 the hammer fell.

You're right, it's 10x worse than Kclub DRK and rngallthethings was. At least you had to be good enough to get a KC. And still needed gear sets to support it. It would take a year to buy a KC, it takes me 3 days to make 100m and fully gear a SMN. And a WHm had to actually keep you alive/attacking. Conduit consists of 3 afk people that take 2 actions and 3 half-afk people with no gear changes and 1 macro.

and it's not broken "for one event"

Conduit burns happen for all big 10 helms.
Conduit burns happen in Omen.
Conduit burns happen in Dynamis-D
Conduit burns happen in ambuscade.

I've even seen people take conduit for Delve. For Vagary. For infailsion. For SR (just smn party, not conduit).

SMN is a problem.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-11-25 15:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
Stuff.

Reading that entire post in your Avatar's voice made me very happy.

Also, you suck because you don't have the only useful Aeonic yet.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-25 16:47:13
Link | Citer | R

You're right, it's 10x worse than Kclub DRK and rngallthethings was. At least you had to be good enough to get a KC. And still needed gear sets to support it. It would take a year to buy a KC, it takes me 3 days to make 100m and fully gear a SMN. And a WHm had to actually keep you alive/attacking. Conduit consists of 3 afk people that take 2 actions and 3 half-afk people with no gear changes and 1 macro.

and it's not broken "for one event"

Conduit burns happen for all big 10 helms.
Conduit burns happen in Omen.
Conduit burns happen in Dynamis-D
Conduit burns happen in ambuscade.

I've even seen people take conduit for Delve. For Vagary. For infailsion. For SR (just smn party, not conduit).

SMN is a problem.

You are really mistaken lol, with 100m you'll be a below sub-par smn, first of all you need a good group and coordination, i've seen AC burns fail big time because of it, second you need the correct buffs, food and gear and not just toss 100m and outparse everyone, you also need master on the job and when you have all this, you need to know details of what you fighting, what to expect and what to do.

I've AC burned koryu with 2smn, run and geo with outside cor buffs because i fought him maybe 50 times be4 that and knew everything about it, if you go blindfolded to these fights you'll get a good surprise.

And you talk like DD-zerg requires much really, its all about pressing 1 WS macro, 1 DT set if u happen to pull hate and................................... that's it.

And about events, its 9 helms if you include koryu on the lv150 ones not 10, in omen the only AC friendly one is fu, the rest have some anti-ac stuff that make it not suitable, you dont AC bosses in dyna-D and i think has been 2-3 ambuscades SMN friendly so if this is all you got, fail lol.

Btw you needed 1 set for kraken zerg.

And with this im out of this endless loop, have fun!!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8