Random Politics & Religion #25

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 59 60 61
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-20 21:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
They make news with the fake-polls to promote the narrative.

"Everyone hates Trump! Look at these polls that confirm it! We're gonna win big."
Never mind that those polls were taken in California, not Georgia where the election was being held....
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-20 21:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Both sides were calling it a coin flip, didn't see any polls that said Ossoff was gonna win big, but idiots will be idiots.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-20 22:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Both sides were calling it a coin flip, didn't see any polls that said Ossoff was gonna win big, but idiots will be idiots.

There were 2 polls with Ossoff up 7 points.

Naturally those numbers tightened towards the end, which is becoming an odd trend lately with Democrats who lose elections....
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-20 22:06:48
Link | Citer | R

it wasn't a coin flip though.

Look at this.

Do you think Handel's voters just magically appeared?

From Russian vote tampering perhaps?

The alternative explanation is that she was always in the lead and the polls were just wrong (again).
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-20 22:21:50
Link | Citer | R

Both post the exact same link that says they were neck and neck almost the entire time, both candidates called it a coin flip, but..idiots will be idiots.
By fonewear 2017-06-20 22:22:54
Link | Citer | R

You guys must be running low on outrage...you need that super brain juice from Alex Jones.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-20 22:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Both post the exact same link that says they were neck and neck almost the entire time, both candidates called it a coin flip, but..idiots will be idiots.

You're not usually a name-caller, Vic. Don't worry, the soreness goes away after a few days.

Seven points is not what I'd call "neck and neck", but I guess now that we live in an era of sucky polling you could get away with that.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-20 22:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

You're not usually a name-caller, Vic. Don't worry, the soreness goes away after a few days.

Seven points is not what I'd call "neck and neck", but I guess now that we live in an era of sucky polling you could get away with that.

Since when do you take a couple of polls, amongst many, one of which had a different number two weeks later, and go with that? Thats something nausi and trump do. It was a coin flip, and the final result was within the polls margin of error.
By Nausi 2017-06-20 22:35:23
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-20 22:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Since when do you take a couple of polls, amongst many, one of which had a different number two weeks later, and go with that? Thats something nausi and trump do. It was a coin flip, and the final result was within the polls margin of error.

You said you didn't see any polls that said Ossoff was going to win big. I pointed out a couple.

I have my own system for analyzing polling data which, as with the presidential election, was closer to the actual result than Nate Silver's predictions which mostly had Ossoff winning by a few percentage points (I say mostly because he produces several variations. These serve as convenient scapegoats when he is wrong).
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-21 03:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Normal margins of error for polling candidates is generally 3-4%. The error margins for differences in candidates propagates to roughly twice that so around 6-8%. This puts a 7% difference within the boundaries. Basically, a coin flip.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-21 06:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Anything to explain away another liberal/democrat loss, huh?

"Russia changed the votes, yo!"
"We were this close from winning an election we all thought would be a landslide for the democrats!"
"We paid this much just to come in first runner up!"
"We need our safe space!"
"All Americans are deplorable! This election proved it because the person I wanted lost!"
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-21 06:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Actually it's just how math works.
By Nausi 2017-06-21 06:52:05
Link | Citer | R

Right so... which is it?

All the polls were somehow in full margin of error showing the democrat as having more support than he really did

OR

All the polls were pretty much accurate but Handel got a huge bump in the end from something?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-21 07:05:03
Link | Citer | R

It's hillarious how Dems are reacting to this.

The last election the six term incumbent spend 2 million while the Dem challenger spend .... get this ... $346. Hillary got about 47% in this district during the last Presidential election, so basically the Dems poured a ***ton of money, picked an outsider and tried to "prove American really doesn't want Trump", then failed spectacularly. They used the exact same tactics Hillary did turning on full Trump-Hate mode.

As for those "Polls", done by the same people using the same methodology and "averaging" tactics as the Presidential election. The methods where they over value the pro-Democrat Hispanic and Black and undervalue the pro-Republican white male vote.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-21 07:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
white male vote
Triggered!
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-06-21 07:32:14
Link | Citer | R

Close election in Georgia last night. Almost had that one.

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-21 07:45:24
Link | Citer | R

white male vote
Triggered!

They seriously do that, it's kind of sickening. What, your a white male, well since your over represented in the population we're going to make your vote only worth 2/5th of a person, for equality and all. What you are a transgender homosexual half Mexican half Syrian non-binary, your vote is worth five people, for equality.

Then they wonder why they get it wrong every time.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-21 07:48:04
Link | Citer | R

white male vote
Triggered!

They seriously do that, it's kind of sickening. What, your a white male, well since your over represented in the population we're going to make your vote only worth 2/5th of a person, for equality and all. What you are a transgender homosexual half Mexican half Syrian non-binary, your vote is worth five people, for equality.

Then they wonder why they get it wrong every time.

Hey how do you know me ?
By fonewear 2017-06-21 07:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Actually I'm 40% Mexican 20% male and 40% female.
By fonewear 2017-06-21 07:49:42
Link | Citer | R

I was transgender when people were just cross dressing. I set the trends honey !
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-21 07:50:02
Link | Citer | R

Now to be serious, what happened in Georgia was the Democrats testing the effectiveness of their Nuke-Trump media strategy. All the hypocritical biased and often plain fake entertainment they've been pumping into people's living rooms and radios non-stop since Trump got elected was designed to prejudice every voter possible against Trump and thus make Democrat victories easy. Instead of spending money on individual elections to fight Republican candidates one at a time, they would spend all their money fighting a singular enemy "El Presidente Dictator Trump" and then make every election about him for "easy wins". By their own Politically Correct Equality Focused Trans-Inclusive Globalist modeling they had huge masses of support everywhere in the USA and they only had to motivate them to vote and defeat their Republican oppressors.

Yeah not working out quite the way they thought it would.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-21 09:13:45
Link | Citer | R

Now to be serious, what happened in Georgia was the Democrats testing the effectiveness of their Nuke-Trump media strategy. All the hypocritical biased and often plain fake entertainment they've been pumping into people's living rooms and radios non-stop since Trump got elected was designed to prejudice every voter possible against Trump and thus make Democrat victories easy. Instead of spending money on individual elections to fight Republican candidates one at a time, they would spend all their money fighting a singular enemy "El Presidente Dictator Trump" and then make every election about him for "easy wins". By their own Politically Correct Equality Focused Trans-Inclusive Globalist modeling they had huge masses of support everywhere in the USA and they only had to motivate them to vote and defeat their Republican oppressors.

Yeah not working out quite the way they thought it would.

Its failing them indeed (thank god), but theyve built a machine thats so large and so loud, none of them can escape their own echo chamber.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-21 09:20:43
Link | Citer | R

And from the Liberal farm... apparently our legal system is heavily male biased due to the reasonable doubt standard favoring male sexual assault defendants over female sexual assault accusers and thus should be removed and replaced with the University grade "preponderance of evidence" standard.

As if there wasn't already enough proof that the left wants a Authoritarian Communist state.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-21 09:24:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The ACA went through 79 committee hearings and almost 200 witnesses testify. The current Republican plan has had none. There's not even a comparison.

we have a plan?...first I'm hearing about it... I think you're tossing that word around pretty loosey goosey...

I think blaming obamacare for everything has been working out pretty great for us... so...why would we try to fix it?

I mean...how much can you really count on the terminally ill to make it to the polls in the next election anyways? or old people for that matter...

you've already pissed off the young and the middle aged/class trying to force them to pay for it all...they aren't going to vote for you anymore...

I think we should just keep saying nonsensical things like "drain the swamp" for three and half more years and coast through 2020....

How could you quantify how much or how little we succeeded in theoretically draining a hypothetical figment of our own imagination?

you can't! it's a win/win!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-21 09:26:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
How could you quantify how much or how little we succeeded in theoretically draining a hypothetical figment of our own imagination?

You just described Global Warming.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-21 09:27:45
Link | Citer | R

so...why would we try to fix it?
Because if the Republicans don't, they more than likely won't be re-elected.

Do you really want to see a turnaround like we saw in 2010 onward, but in the direction of the liberals/democrats?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-21 09:29:43
Link | Citer | R

The thing is, liberals are protected from their mistakes on global warming.

By the time it's proven wrong or incorrect enough to state with certainty that the liberals/democrats methods were very ineffective, centuries would have gone by by then. And they would have gone straight to the next faux catastrophe event.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-21 09:44:09
Link | Citer | R

no...see global warming, or the distinct lack thereof, can be measured but you can't measure the depth of a metaphor.

the swamp is perfect.

when we blame illegal immagrants then they find some teary eyed little blighters to tug at people's heartstrings and call us racists.

everyone already hates swamps anyways, it's the perfect boogeyman, and the swamp is an inanimate object and this is a metaphorical swamp that we just made up.

if it was a real swamp that we promised to drain some *** would eventually measure it and find out we have done nothing.

but imaginary swamps have no mass to be measured
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-21 09:48:23
Link | Citer | R

/hangs out a sign

Gon Fishin

BBL...DRAINING THE SWAMP

/puts feet up on desk and takes a nap
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 59 60 61