Random Politics & Religion #24

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 79 80 81
By fonewear 2017-05-23 17:43:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
That's a bit of a stark contrast from "Obama was a guest on your show and you had the audacity to ask him a tough question?!? YOU MONSTER!"

I read the Audacity of Hope I found it frivolous and self serving !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-23 17:54:37
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
That's a bit of a stark contrast from "Obama was a guest on your show and you had the audacity to ask him a tough question?!? YOU MONSTER!"

I read the Audacity of Hope I found it frivolous and self serving !

Once his library is finished you'll find him there every day, signing copies of his book for the low, low price of $400,000.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-23 17:55:42
Link | Citer | R

Who the hell goes to libraries let alone Presidential ones ? If I wanted to read I'd go on the internet.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-23 18:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Who the hell goes to libraries let alone Presidential ones ? If I wanted to read I'd go on the internet.

Most content on the internet may be worthless tripe, but at least we recognize it as such (except for people that read the HuffPo, apparently). If you put words on paper between book covers suddenly you have a relic that cannot be destroyed without committing an unpardonable sin against the first amendment.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-23 21:11:04
Link | Citer | R

Most content on the internet may be worthless tripe, but at least we recognize it as such (except for people that read the HuffPo, apparently). If you put words on paper between book covers suddenly you have a relic that cannot be destroyed without committing an unpardonable sin against the first amendment.
Its not only Pepperidge Farms that remembers, the internet remembers too.

Think you can delete stuff and it disappears or something?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-23 21:22:10
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Think you can delete stuff and it disappears or something?
Obviously you can.

I mean, people keep forgetting that Donald Trump won the election. They all seem to think that he assumed power by kicking Obama out of the white house.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-23 22:39:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm betting it's more of a 3rd possibility: Washington Post has nothing, so they just make this ***up just to stir the pot/gain advertising revenue. How again did that whole "Trump released classified info to the Russians" narrative go again? Oh, right, it didn't do a damn thing on it's intended target (impeach and/or embarrass Trump) but it did something unintended (released classified information about Israel).
Lol so the REAL story is that the media leaked a leak. That's enough spin to throw us out of orbit.
By fonewear 2017-05-23 23:16:37
Link | Citer | R

What is real though it is subjective...how do I know any of you guys are real anyways...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-23 23:35:03
Link | Citer | R

I so need an alt so I can rate that up again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-24 02:00:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I'm betting it's more of a 3rd possibility: Washington Post has nothing, so they just make this ***up just to stir the pot/gain advertising revenue. How again did that whole "Trump released classified info to the Russians" narrative go again? Oh, right, it didn't do a damn thing on it's intended target (impeach and/or embarrass Trump) but it did something unintended (released classified information about Israel).
Lol so the REAL story is that the media leaked a leak. That's enough spin to throw us out of orbit.

Considering the fact that outright lies have come from these so-called anonymously sourced stories just recently, why should we expect anything else? Do you actually believe that there is nobody in the MSM that would stoop so low as to completely make up a story under the guise of an anonymous source when there is zero accountability either way? It's not like any of these stories are verified before being reported anyway, so what's the difference?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-24 07:33:35
Link | Citer | R

Put it this way I trust some of the users here on FFXIAH to be more honest than the Washington Post. So there you go you guys could work for Jeff Bozo's newspaper.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-24 09:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Fox News retracts controversial story on Seth Rich’s death and alleged WikiLeaks contact
WaPo

Quote:
A week after publishing a problematic account about the death of former Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich — an article that said Rich made contact with WikiLeaks before he was shot and killed in Washington — Fox News retracted the story, saying it did not meet the organization’s editorial standards.

“The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting,” Fox said in a brief statement posted on its website Tuesday. “Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.” ...
TLDR: "It was facts I don't like"
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-24 09:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Tfw you believe all the anonymous sources the media reports because you can't cope with loosing to Trump.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-24 09:53:38
Link | Citer | R

I have an anonymous source that Trump drinks pig blood to give him power.
By eliroo 2017-05-24 09:59:19
Link | Citer | R

So he consumes the blood of Bannon?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-24 10:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Fox News retracts controversial story on Seth Rich’s death and alleged WikiLeaks contact
WaPo

Quote:
A week after publishing a problematic account about the death of former Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich — an article that said Rich made contact with WikiLeaks before he was shot and killed in Washington — Fox News retracted the story, saying it did not meet the organization’s editorial standards.

“The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting,” Fox said in a brief statement posted on its website Tuesday. “Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.” ...
TLDR: "It was facts I don't like"

I'm sure many think this was a win against Fox, but think about this for a second. If Fox News, the poster child for biased news, has the wherewithal to retract a major news story based on a lack of evidence, what then does that make CNN, WaPo, MSNBC, etc. when they refuse to do the same? That's right, they're now at a lower level of journalistic integrity than Fox. Think about that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-24 10:05:39
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Tfw you believe all the anonymous sources the media reports because you can't cope with loosing to Trump.

That's got nothing to do with Fox retracting the story to avoid litigation from Rich's family.

How about Trump telling Duerte that we got two USN Subs off the coast of Korea? Somebody needs to tell Donny he's out of his element. Not to mention he made a big to do on the campaign trail that wouldn't do things like this.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-24 10:06:16
Link | Citer | R

What is real though it is subjective...how do I know any of you guys are real anyways...

Perception of reality is subjective, reality itself isn't.

Chanti could identify with a bird and her subjective reality is that she can fly, she jumps off the top of a thirty story building and reality asserts itself harshly.

Human perceptions of reality are illusions we maintain to comfort ourselves and hide behind because reality is far too brutal for people to deal with directly. All religions are created in order to help humans deal with this brutal reality. Progressive atheists, lacking a religion, have instead turned their political beliefs into a religion. They attribute meaning and actions where they don't exist in order to give their own lives meaning.

Or to put another way, if reality was subjective bridges would collapse, planes would fall out of the sky, the planet would fall apart, the sun would instantly explode and the universe would collapse into itself and cease to exist. The fact that people can read this website at all is unarguable proof that reality is firm and unchanging. Reality doesn't change, only our perception of it.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-24 10:13:53
Link | Citer | R

Nothing you do inside your brain will change the molecular properties or quantum state of anything in the universe. Only by working within the laws of physics, which are themselves nothing more then our feeble attempts to understand reality, can we effect a change on reality. The exact same laws of reality apply to every last molecule in the universe.

In other words, you are not special, unique or in any way different from any other collection of matter in the universe. You don't matter.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-24 10:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Blue daffodils so your wrong.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-24 10:20:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Perception of reality is subjective, reality itself isn't

There are personal realities (things as they appear) and then there is the universal reality (things as they are). The problem is that people believe that a collection of similar personal realities determine universal reality, as if the latest manmade logic of the day is somehow unalterable truth, even though it changes constantly.

Today's enlightenment is tomorrow's ignorance.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-05-24 10:23:22
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

This is a fun conversation. How do you know reality isn't subjective?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-24 10:48:41
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Quote:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-24 11:02:59
Link | Citer | R

By fonewear 2017-05-24 11:34:12
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Quote:

As Descartes would say the only thing you know for sure. Is that you are a thinking thing. Everything else is up for debate.
By fonewear 2017-05-24 11:37:18
Link | Citer | R

Video explains it with a British accent so you know it is legit:
By fonewear 2017-05-24 11:45:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Perception of reality is subjective, reality itself isn't

There are personal realities (things as they appear) and then there is the universal reality (things as they are). The problem is that people believe that a collection of similar personal realities determine universal reality, as if the latest manmade logic of the day is somehow unalterable truth, even though it changes constantly.

Today's enlightenment is tomorrow's ignorance.

As Nietzsche would say "There are no facts only interpretations" Meaning what is true for you isn't necessarily true for me.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-24 11:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Democrats are in real trouble.

Yougov poll reports that 55% of democrats believe Russia hacked the election (changed vote totals). A narrative that democrats and their media cohorts have created and pushed since day one. This is literally astonishing, give new light to the Regan quote:

"It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so."

What are these people gonna do when they ultimately find out there no "there" there? Why're gonna be pissed at the democrats, hopefully for leading them on and lying to them. Probably a big reason their fundraising totals are in record lows.

This 55% was 52% last December, meaning more democrats are believe it now than then DESPITE THE LACK OF ANY EVIDENCE in support of it. To me that means liberals love their media echo chamber and severely lack critical thinking skills.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 79 80 81