Equipment Exploit
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 10:49:08
Link | Citer | R

I've sent task force reports and GM calls, but I haven't posted it in the official forum. As that requires you to tie an account in, they may be upset at the information sharing and have positive identification of who shared it. Seems like a risky move.

Anyone else is welcome to, though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-18 10:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Not really on the same scale as this but I pretty much outlined the step by step process of replicating a duplication glitch on there and didn't get dicked

that said im not even confident that technical details get relayed to the JP side/devs at all
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 10:51:46
Link | Citer | R

Hmm when I get home I'll ask a GM about it. Even though he seemed real laxed about it.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-18 10:53:24
Link | Citer | R

If they didn't log the packets (seems impractical to me from a storage point of view), the server logs could still be used to pick out unusually high HQ rates.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 10:56:46
Link | Citer | R

They do log all packets, as was evident after a lot of less known exploits were fixed and the resulting bans. Can think of one situation where server logs were almost certainly insufficient, but packets would have been. How long they log for is questionable, in the case I'm thinking of it was only a few days.

Whether they are willing/capable of adequately parsing that much data, I don't know. I don't see them trying to pick out HQ rates because they could accidentally nail lucky people who only did a few synths. I wouldn't be surprised if they just fixed it and parsed the character db to ban anyone currently wearing inappropriate gear.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-18 11:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Whether they are willing/capable of adequately parsing that much data, I don't know.

I used to think this until I wrote someone a relatively innocuous addon that ended up getting them banned. It wasn't doing anything illegitimate either. I'm certain that they do parse logs on a regular basis looking for indications of sketchy activity. I doubt that they are currently looking for spikes in crafting rates currently, but it is easily possible to do this and be relatively confident in at least some of the exploiters.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2017-01-18 11:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So, if anyone happens to be lucky enough to get a few HQs, that's a reportable transaction in your mind?

I better stop selling Meat Chiefkabobs then.....
this guy is always the so cynical. no KN, getting lucky on synths is not reportable, but this is:

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/79183

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 11:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
So, if anyone happens to be lucky enough to get a few HQs, that's a reportable transaction in your mind?

I better stop selling Meat Chiefkabobs then.....
this guy is always the so cynical. no KN, getting lucky on synths is not reportable, but this is:

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/79183
You are 1 hour, 13 minutes late son. Get with the program, or GTFO.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 11:13:40
Link | Citer | R

eslim said: »
ha......

SE can run a scan for craft levels exceeding the current max and finding duplicated equipment used when the player executed a synthesis, might take weeks tho- the biggest question is how nice SE handles this situation among the community of players that still play.

GMs are the only victims here
Simple: No1currs.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 11:14:18
Link | Citer | R

I mean, it doesn't have to be isolated to crafting either. Someone wearing 12 of any bodypiece on a job like BLU or MNK would make for a pretty amazing DD/tank hybrid in instanced areas. I don't think parsing for crafting is the right solution, but we'll see what they do.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 11:15:54
Link | Citer | R

Please, everyone knows that you should just exploit a brew from Abyssea and use it anywhere/everywhere. Who needs to wear 12 HQ bodies when you can just brew cheat your way.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 11:16:12
Link | Citer | R

eslim said: »
ha......

SE can run a scan for craft levels exceeding the current max and finding duplicated equipment used when the player executed a synthesis, might take weeks tho- the biggest question is how nice SE handles this situation among the community of players that still play.

GMs are the only victims here
Simple: No1currs.
Lol yeah the GM I talked to this morning was like "yeah it's bug blah blah." But who knows maybe they care I think
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-18 11:16:34
Link | Citer | R

Please, everyone knows that you should just exploit a brew from Abyssea and use it anywhere/everywhere. Who needs to wear 12 HQ bodies when you can just brew cheat your way.
Lol
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 11:19:57
Link | Citer | R

Brew is honestly weaker than 12 adhemar bonnet+1(path B).

+492 HP
+372 STR
+396 DEX
+228 AGI
+180 VIT
+48% triple attack
+672 attack
+588 evasion
+708 m.eva
+1224 defense
+72% crit damage
+36 mdb

capped subtle blow/haste

if the set bonus is coded in a way that it applies, would be 24% critrate on top of all that

(maybe toss in some samnuha tights since store tp would be pretty valuable with so little of it)
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-18 11:29:29
Link | Citer | R

Do this at your own risk. As Bro stated, the fixes and hammers come slowly. When ban waves happen (regularly and periodically) it's generally for an offense (or offenses) that happened months ago. It's one of those things where the person getting canned doesn't even remember what they did to warrant the stick in the first place.

Frankly, I don't see why people risk their accounts at all - especially people actively engaged in end game. It's just not worth losing it all.

I think the general perception is there are no GM's that care anymore, or that the STF has been whittled down to 2-3 anti-hygienic guys sitting in their cubicles with empty pizza boxes strewn all over the place. But someone is pushing that big red button when you least expect it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-18 11:29:49
Link | Citer | R

+492 HP
+372 STR
+396 DEX
+228 AGI
+180 VIT
+48% triple attack
+672 attack
+588 evasion
+708 m.eva
+1224 defense
+72% crit damage
+36 mdb

capped subtle blow/haste

if the set bonus is coded in a way that it applies, would be 24% critrate on top of all that

Not your intent, but damn that was funny that it worked out that 12x "piece of gear" was better than a brew.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-18 11:31:44
Link | Citer | R

No accuracy though.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-18 11:33:22
Link | Citer | R

+396 dex stronk
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 11:33:39
Link | Citer | R

If turning it into a serious set, I would assume ideal would be some combination of wristbands/bonnets. A GEO doing frailty and a BLU wearing a set like that could probably clear most relevant content. Still see it as a death sentence to use it though.

edit: Moonbow belt+1 would be pretty interesting too, especially if subtle blow II doesn't cap. Could give the mob 0 tp and still pump up stats pretty high with a half dozen bodies(does subtle blow apply to being hit as well? that'd be silly on anything without regain).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 11:38:26
Link | Citer | R

+492 HP
+372 STR
+396 DEX
+228 AGI
+180 VIT
+48% triple attack
+672 attack
+588 evasion
+708 m.eva
+1224 defense
+72% crit damage
+36 mdb

capped subtle blow/haste

(maybe toss in some samnuha tights since store tp would be pretty valuable with so little of it)
so...that is considered weaker than this?

Source

Quote:

HP+9999
MP+9999
STR+999
DEX+999
AGI+999
VIT+999
INT+999
MND+999
CHR+999
Att+9999
DEF+9999
MAB+999
MDB+999
Regen+300/tic
Refresh+300/tic
Regain+500/tic

Where you basically WS every 2 seconds....and magical WS is key...

And you consider that weaker than 1 item in 12 slots....
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-18 11:40:35
Link | Citer | R

Shame on everyone here for forgetting onca suit
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 11:41:12
Link | Citer | R

a tick takes 3 seconds, so it's a free WS(or free ftp) every 6 sec

stats are still half as high, base damage still applies, and the m.evasion is sufficient to resist everything

1 brew in omen or master trial wouldn't get you very far, and in reisenjima it's barely enough to kill WoC and not enough to kill schah

the gear would last the entire time and not be that far behind defensively
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 11:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Shame on everyone here for forgetting onca suit
Not going to go back on mule to test, but I assume it still blocks hands/legs/feet. If you could wear it on the other 9 slots, it'd be pretty *** amazing though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-18 11:43:16
Link | Citer | R

a tick takes 3 seconds, so it's a free WS(or free ftp) every 6 sec

stats are still half as high, base damage still applies, and the m.evasion is sufficient to resist everything

1 brew in omen or master trial wouldn't get you very far, and in reisenjima it's barely enough to kill WoC and not enough to kill schah

the gear would last the entire time
Right, and you think that people who cheat in this game are only going to do it once, and be done with it? I mean, what's keeping them from using a brew fulltime, if they are going to take it out of Abyssea to use?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-18 11:44:35
Link | Citer | R

Aside from the gear being an actual exploit that exists and can be done now, if you could take a brew out of abyssea you would only be able to take one as it's rare marked. If you want to go back and forth that's your perogative, but you couldn't get more than 1 per char into omen and running laps for high tier escha would be much slower than killing them with the gear.

Encumbrance can be resisted, and using something like 9 onca suits or 12 bodypieces would give you more m.eva than using a normal set with bolster attune/vex..

Getting pretty far into the hypothetical here, though.
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-18 11:49:31
Link | Citer | R

These guys are in so much trouble in a year and a half! I wasn't around during the second salvage bans but all I can think about is how long SE took to respond with the first bans and blinkers (which wasn't necessarily bad, unless you were botting the cruor).

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I used to think this until I wrote someone a relatively innocuous addon that ended up getting them banned.

Curious as to what it did?

if buffactive.great_power or player.main_job == "WHM" then
equip(sets.great_responsibility)
end

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Is it too much to ask? I just wanna wear pants on my head.

Makes sense, what commoner hat would fit Goku's hair?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-18 12:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Am I the only one who thought of wearing Ochain and Aegis at the same time? /pldbrain.
[+]
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2017-01-18 12:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Been wondering how people are doing so much dps. I actually pondered the idea they were midcasting into crit items and post midcasting into stat items giving them both bonuses. Next time someone out DD's me by 50% I'll know they be hackin da packets!

Thanks for the info, I don't feel like I need 40 more items to catch up to their dps anymore.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13