Random Politics & Religion #18

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #18
Random Politics & Religion #18
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 65 66 67

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-20 10:58:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
P. S.

Hate to break it to you Chanti, but the DOW doesn't the economy make.

It's an indicator, nothing more.

The "economic recovery" has largely been confined to the wealthy cities with the rural area's being sucked dry. President Obama's policies, largely focused on "nice to have benefits" which did absolutely nothing for rural area's where it's a struggle just to put food on the table and keep a roof over the head. These people just want jobs, doesn't need to be some high paying all benefits included job, just anything that draws basic income. ***like inflated national minimum wages, Obamacare and various labor board practices only serve to drive rural business's to close shop or move to big cities which deprives the rural area's of their economic livelihood.

That's primarily why I absolutely don't agree with national management of the job economy, that's something that needs to be done on a state by state basis. Places like Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky and Alabama simply can't function on the same economic model as California, New York or Illinois. Hell Michigan can't either which is why we see the dead city of Detroit and that state going Red this last election. Both of those wealthy states benefit from the massive advantage that is being the center for major industries. The Tech industry is largely based out of California which draws a large tax benefit in the form of higher taxable wages and business income. The Financial Industry is based out of New York and serves the same function. Texas also benefits from the resource industry but at least they are smart enough to realize this and not attempt to push that model down everyone else's throats.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-20 11:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
And as the clock slowly winds down on Obama, remember back when I called it at the beginning of what is termed the "stupidity of Obama."

And you were proven wrong because it ended up working just fine.
Under what sort of reality do you think that taxing banks who did not participate in TARP is a good thing?

Better yet, how is a dismal ~1.5% average economic growth any much better (where economic growth under any other administration averages 4-5%, including Bush II)?

Don't forget that Obama is the first president since Hoover to not even break 3% GDP growth under his watch in any economic quarter.

His (and his administration's) policies have kept the US down for almost a decade. We can all finally breath a sign of relief now that he is officially out the door.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-20 11:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah considering he is leaving behind a strong economy, a very low unemployment rate, a strong US dollar, and a higher number of people with health insurance behind, looks like that fear mongering didn't work out.

Also I am surprised this website doesn't prune threads.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-20 11:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Digging up 7yo threads could be seen as mildly obsessive.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-20 11:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Yeah considering he is leaving behind a strong economy,

Unless, of course, you think that a strong economy is something that took almost 8 years just to get back to the levels before the Great Recession, which most administrations, including Bush II, have done the same in less than 2. Or that the economy "growth" is benefiting a small group of people a whole lot more, including the ex-president instead of the population at whole is an indicator of a strong economy. Or that the economy is practically propped up on wooden sticks because of an unnaturally low federally-mandated interest rate, one that could see automatic repercussions when the interest rates change to reflect actual lending practices.

But what do you know, anything to redefine Obama's tenure as a success, right?

a very low unemployment rate
It's not even at the level of normal unemployment yet. Normal unemployment is 4.5%, and best-guess (and actual economic numbers, not the redefined numbers made to make Obama look good) unemployment numbers are still hoovering around 6%. The FLA reports every month are very dishonest to the American people, and even you should see that.

a higher number of people with health insurance behind
Mandated by law. Most of which cannot afford it, most of which cannot afford going to the doctor still, most of which cannot see the doctor they saw before, most of which doesn't even get the care they need, most of which are on waiting lists and some even die while waiting for care. Huge success....

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-20 11:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
That all you have to say about it?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-20 11:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Hahaaaaaaa, this inauguration speech. Holy crap. I almost feel sorry for the politicians sitting behind him.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-20 11:14:35
Link | Citer | R

And as the clock slowly winds down on Obama, remember back when I called it at the beginning of what is termed the "stupidity of Obama."

And you were proven wrong because it ended up working just fine.
Under what sort of reality do you think that taxing banks who did not participate in TARP is a good thing?

Better yet, how is a dismal ~1.5% average economic growth any much better (where economic growth under any other administration averages 4-5%, including Bush II)?

Don't forget that Obama is the first president since Hoover to not even break 3% GDP growth under his watch in any economic quarter.

His (and his administration's) policies have kept the US down for almost a decade. We can all finally breath a sign of relief now that he is officially out the door.

He faced an economic crisis and left the country in a much better shape than he received it. It ended up working just fine, you can try to nitpick at every little details possible it's not changing that fact.
He faced an economic crisis, and not only basically ignored the problems, he created new problems. Tell me this: Why do you think it is a good idea to have a healthcare law comprised of mostly tax code?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-20 11:16:40
Link | Citer | R

Yeah considering he is leaving behind a strong economy, a very low unemployment rate, a strong US dollar, and a higher number of people with health insurance behind, looks like that fear mongering didn't work out.

Also I am surprised this website doesn't prune threads.
Into the trash those claims go...
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-20 11:20:07
Link | Citer | R

Economic growth under Bush II didn't even come close to averaging 4-5% btw. The Great Recession pretty much guaranteed that.

I would say history will grade Obama as average for the economy, he inherited an economic disaster and turned it into something better. It isn't stellar but its a positive score. He also had a pure obstructionist Congress that year after year broke its own record for least productive Congress ever. History will definitely remember that and soften on Obama.

Trump is inheriting a way better economy that Obama did.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-20 11:25:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm kinda eager to see what the NRA does since they won't have much at a federal level to *** about. They'll have to work by state whenever a governor says something.

Federal ammo is pretty good btw, but their loads are a tad hot for their brass in .357, polish your chambers.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-01-20 11:26:15
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm kinda eager to see what the NRA does since they won't have much at a federal level to *** about

They can always chime in on abortion or economic issues where they theoretically shouldn't even have an opinion.
By Viciouss 2017-01-20 11:27:48
Link | Citer | R

The latest thing from the NRA is silencers, so I would say times are good for them.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-20 11:29:45
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
I'm kinda eager to see what the NRA does since they won't have much at a federal level to *** about

They can always chime in on abortion or economic issues where they theoretically shouldn't even have an opinion.
Ah, but how wrong you are, sir. It depends on {click-click} HOW we're aborting said fetus.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-20 11:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Economic growth under Bush II didn't even come close to averaging 4-5% btw. The Great Recession pretty much guaranteed that.
Inflation adjusted, sure

Even then, it's still by far and away better than what Obama has put up. Even by his own, adjusted scorecards.

I would say history will grade Obama as average for the economy,
Probably not. But you know what? Even by your own standards, starting at a very low point, and "grading" average still shows that Obama's economic policies are dismal, as every single economic recovery under every other administration has shown very high (6-8%) GDP recovery bounces, where Obama's "recovery" bounce never hit over 2%.

he inherited an economic disaster and turned it into something better.
It took him almost 8 years to make it at the level before the Great Recession. How can you quantify that as a success?

Trump is inheriting a way better economy that Obama did.
I will give you that.
By Ramyrez 2017-01-20 11:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Ah, but how wrong you are, sir. It depends on {click-click} HOW we're aborting said fetus.

You have to wait until they've been born and grow up poor in bad neighborhoods with little hope and no encouragement. Then when they turn to a life of crime you gun them down.

Then when they turn 18 you can have a 75th'ish semester abortion with a Smith & Wesson brand medical device.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-20 11:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Apparently, you haven't changed at all in 7 years. So there's that.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-01-20 11:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Okay that was a trainwreck of a post because I had to stop and do math but the point got across.
By Viciouss 2017-01-20 11:34:24
Link | Citer | R

Post a more recent article maybe?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-20 11:39:54
Link | Citer | R

Find me someone in here who has.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-20 11:49:48
Link | Citer | R

Post a more recent article maybe?
I'll do one better, since you probably won't read it:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-20 11:51:06
Link | Citer | R

It also means that I stick to my principles, and that I believe what I say.

Also, I know what I'm saying instead of parroting whatever MSM is reporting that day.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-20 11:52:47
Link | Citer | R

Also, I know what I'm saying instead of parroting whatever MSM is reporting that day.

Well, that would be hard to do today anyway. Too many heads exploding.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-20 11:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Thats one of those graphs that assigns Bush's final 1.4T deficit to Obama, isn't it? Its amazing how you can find those, there can't be many out there.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-20 12:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Thats one of those graphs that assigns Bush's final 1.4T deficit to Obama, isn't it? Its amazing how you can find those, there can't be many out there.

Well it's nice that you can cherry pick the one chart that you can explain away and ignore the rest. It really helps the argument.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2017-01-20 12:09:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Find me someone in here who has.

Politically speaking or...

I mean, this isn't so much to brag, but I've undergone major life changes for the better in the past 8 years.

Just sayin'.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 65 66 67