Forum » FFXI » Escha » Reisenjima T4s
Reisenjima T4s
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 45 46 47
By rcobb 2016-05-27 22:02:45
Link | Citer | R

bump
By Colossusx 2016-06-02 22:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Trying Vin and was wondering if there is a way to force him into stance that allows for normal magic dmg. Seems to switch almost immediately after going into stance.
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2016-06-02 22:11:58
Link | Citer | R

You need to keep 4 debuffs on him
By Colossusx 2016-06-02 22:17:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
You need to keep 4 debuffs on him
You use SCH to do that seems they wear too fast and he swaps to DT stance. What buffs work best for that as well we currently try slow para blind and poison. Thanks for the reply LoTs
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2016-06-02 22:41:09
Link | Citer | R

Everyone in party should be doing them and any debuffs work E.I. Bio 2, Blind, Frazzle, Poison 2 , Gravity, Slow, Paralyze etc
[+]
By Verda 2016-06-02 23:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Does it have to be exactly 4 debuffs or can you have more than that? Impact would technically be like 7 right?
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2016-06-02 23:22:11
Link | Citer | R

can do more. Impact doesn't usually stick long enough. just pile them on!
By Verda 2016-06-02 23:48:41
Link | Citer | R

Cool thank you :)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-03 00:58:49
Link | Citer | R

Colossusx said: »
Trying Vin and was wondering if there is a way to force him into stance that allows for normal magic dmg. Seems to switch almost immediately after going into stance.
Like Lord said, the threshold is 4 debuffs.

I suggest to keep LESS than 4 debuffs on him, and go above 4 only when you need him to swap stance.

As for which debuff "count" to make him swap stance, I have no clue.
Blind, Paralyze, Slow, Bio, Dia, Poison do count for sure.
Other stuff like Frazze, Distract, BRD songs, Helix, BLM's elemental debuffs... I don't know about those. I've been wondering that myself but never had a chance to test it.
By Colossusx 2016-06-04 12:44:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Colossusx said: »
Like Lord said, the threshold is 4 debuffs.

I suggest to keep LESS than 3 debuffs on him, and go above 4 only when you need him to swap stance.

As for which debuff "count" to make him swap stance, I have no clue.
Blind, Paralyze, Slow, Bio, Dia, Poison do count for sure.
Other stuff like Frazze, Distract, BRD songs, Helix, BLM's elemental debuffs... I don't know about those. I've been wondering that myself but never had a chance to test it.
ty and strat with keepin 3 on and using 4th when need swap sounds like a winning one. we beat him again but seems more like it was luck vs a "plan". ty again for the help
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-04 12:53:07
Link | Citer | R

I meant "keep less than 4" btw. "less than 3" makes no sense since the threshold is 4.

What I meant is "keep 3, or, less than 4". Same thing since 3 < 4.
Oh well, I'm sure you read through my little error anyway :D
By Colossusx 2016-06-04 12:56:40
Link | Citer | R

I meant "keep less than 4" btw. "less than 3" makes no sense since the threshold is 4.

What I meant is "keep 3, or, less than 4". Same thing since 3 < 4.
Oh well, I'm sure you read through my little error anyway :D
yea knew what ya meant ^^
 Fenrir.Zirove
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Zirove
By Fenrir.Zirove 2016-06-07 21:43:18
Link | Citer | R

Hey everyone, so my group has been having problems with Zerde. We def have the damage down but we always die to his Bio Aura which wipes us around 30% about 2mins in the fight. Stunning Just Deserts is also all in check. Anyone know how to avoid the Bio Aura or what gives him in aura to begin with?

Seems like you can remove it with light or blue proc, but not sure exactly what procs it other then high MB fire, thunder.

Has been pretty frustrating lol, stupid slime.
By Verda 2016-06-07 22:11:36
Link | Citer | R

The OP says you can avoid bio aura by having the distance be 23' at #2. If properly distanced only the PLD and WHM should be in bio aura range.

As far as I understand it though, if Just Desserts is properly stunned then adds and bio aura never even pop, I could be wrong but that's just my observation. Sometimes a BLM will forget to use ES or it wore, or they stun too late and it still goes off.
 Fenrir.Zirove
user: Zirove
By Fenrir.Zirove 2016-06-08 09:19:43
Link | Citer | R

Never missed a stun in like 6 fights, don't have adds but bio is def there haha. Something else must give it bio.
By Jumeya 2016-06-08 11:58:38
Link | Citer | R

Huzzah for having to rely on elevation exploits....
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-06-08 12:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Jumeya said: »

There's nothing wrong with killing these NM's at particular portals that offer terrain features SE designed themselves at the pop spots. If it works to help eliminate and/or reduce annoying issues, then /cheers for that.
[+]
By Verda 2016-06-08 12:36:31
Link | Citer | R

Yes I'd call it an advanced game mechanic (given that it's non intuitive and esoteric knowledge), but it's been around since forever so it's not really considered either a bug or exploit just how the game works.

If still dissatisfied the OP states you can also kill the adds and the bio aura goes down. However, I don't remember ever seeing bio aura up when adds aren't so that's really weird, I didn't have to do the distance of 23' thing we just did the distance of over 20'. You can also zombie him as long as you your initial zerg is really good, just have a COR or GEO drop party and zombie it while the rest the alliance recovers. Might take 3-4 goes but it worked for me when stunners kept missing their stuns. I'm not sure what blue proc does either but it seems to happen a lot if you're magic bursting fire. If having trouble can always try adding more BLM with the same supports or having SMN conduit meteor strike on magic bursts for even more zerg damage. The more these are done the more people find out about them, and improve on prior strats. Iteration is a beautiful thing so if you guys find a way to beat it easier or remove bio aura another way I'm sure lots would like to know.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2016-06-08 12:58:57
Link | Citer | R

Jumeya said: »

What kind of 2008 troll
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-08 14:24:19
Link | Citer | R

I don't care for elevation exploit and been using it for ages and I'll keep using it.
At the same time though I have troubles believing SE MEANT those NMs to be killed that way.

Or take fights like Erynis. I hardly doubt SE meant that fight to be fought the way we currently do (with Mewing Lullaby spam etc).

I'm pretty confident most of those NMs, including the annoying random WoC, have very specific Gimmicks. It's just that we don't know them because the player base shrunk, hardly anybody does serious testing (and shares it) anymore, so once someone finds a strategy, everybody sticks to that and nobody looks for alternative anymore.

I'm not complaining, just saying that I'm very skeptic on SE planning those fights to be fought the way we do atm.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-06-08 14:26:59
Link | Citer | R

I agree. Maybe SE should come out with their intent on those fights now that everyone and their mothers have gotten aeonics 8D
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-08 14:32:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Zirove said: »
Never missed a stun in like 6 fights, don't have adds but bio is def there haha. Something else must give it bio.
Bio aura is definitely there with or without adds. I think adds either just increase the range of the aura, increase the potency of it, or both, 'cause when we try muscling through a missed stun, we don't last very long, lol. If your backline is dying to the aura without adds up, you're most likely just standing too close to it. In our Zerde video, you can see the BLMs aren't being affected by it.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-06-08 14:36:35
Link | Citer | R

The potency absolutely increases with the adds out. It's at least 500 HP per tick, which can potentially equate to a nightmarish scenario for the WHM(s) involved.

It just depends on the WHM's. ;)
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-08 14:55:23
Link | Citer | R

Tanks should never be dying on that fight, but your BLMs are rendered pretty much helpless since your WHM is limited to only 2 Curagas in a different party within 2 minutes. Of course, one solution is bringing a second WHM for the BLM party, but I'd rather just poke fun at my members for missing the stun in the first place.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-06-08 15:16:54
Link | Citer | R

cough mana wall cough wicce sabots +1 cough taranus's cape

rip geos and sch though
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-08 15:20:02
Link | Citer | R

We actually were wondering a few days ago if that would defend against auras/DoTs as well. Good to know.
By Nocki 2016-06-08 15:25:55
Link | Citer | R

We discovered you can manawall through DoTs on Teles's Dia aura a while back, it's quite the handy JA!
By Verda 2016-06-08 15:29:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty confident most of those NMs, including the annoying random WoC, have very specific Gimmicks. It's just that we don't know them because the player base shrunk, hardly anybody does serious testing (and shares it) anymore, so once someone finds a strategy, everybody sticks to that and nobody looks for alternative anymore.

I'm not complaining, just saying that I'm very skeptic on SE planning those fights to be fought the way we do atm.

I like you Sechs :) But I'm gonna disagree on this point. I'm not really a fan of people saying there must be a gimmick because often times there isn't, and it is also something often repeated by people that just don't want to take the time and effort to keep improving. I don't think you're like that probably just like gimmicky fights, or the satisfaction of doing it as was intended. It is often repeated by those that just aren't at that level yet and don't want it to be so hard and wish to think there's some magical solution out there to make it all easier if only they knew what it was... it reminds me of people who play the lottery thinking one day it'll solve all their problems. I'm not saying you're like that Sechs just saying I find the idea of gimmicks being baked into every fight tiring and distasteful.

For instance when I did old shuck the very first time people kept insisting there must be *some* way to proc him or whatever and then it wouldn't be so hard. On any other NM we'd lose to at first it was always the answer according to them we just don't know the gimmick. Even if those gimmicks exist which they often don't using them isn't always the best answer, sometimes (ok almost all the time) the answer is dress better and suck less but most people won't want to hear that so you get these huge roundabout discussions about people wanting or thinking there's gimmicks and it essentially boils down to finger pointing at anything other than themselves. Again, I don't think you're like that, but I do think a lot of people are that think there is gimmicks to everything because of how they use it and always wanting an easy way. One thing I have against Delve in fact is just how obscenely gimmicky it is. Some NMs you have to play by those rules to even win. Gimmicks are annoying not an answer to difficulty, imo. I do understand you wanting a "proper" way to win but imho there really isn't one, though maybe devs did have a few ideas how players might tackle a few of them.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-09 05:16:57
Link | Citer | R

I think there is a small misunderstanding about the word "gimmick".
I don't mean it like "a magical trick that makes the NM incredibly easy and straightforward".

I mean, it *CAN* be that, but I meant it more like "the strategy SE had in mind when they created a certain NM".

And no, I don't think they meant people to be spamming Mewing Lullaby and SA Rudra to beat Erynis or for a group of strong DDs to zerg Old Schuck before he levels up too much, just to make two examples.

Again I'm not complaining, as long as we're beating those nms it's all fine for me (and trust me we are) but really, I have a hard time believing that was the exact way SE meant players to defeat those NMs.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-09 06:06:55
Link | Citer | R

I also agree that some of the strategies we use are not as intended. But they are also some of the easier ways to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a way to remove the aura on Eriyns if it goes up. Or even a way to lower it's evasion.

I wouldn't be surprised if its possible to by-pass the gimmicks Zerde too with the Aura and stuff (But we just simply kill it so fast that it doesn't really batter).

theres alot we just simply don't know about these NMs. Look at WoC. Thats basically a blind zerg for some groups. But there clearly intended to be some kind of strategy to prevent the 1hours as so many people try to lock them.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 45 46 47