Pokémon GO! - (Savage)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 61 62 63
 Cerberus.Jiko
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-20 21:41:25
Link | Citer | R

This might help a bunch of you out"

http://www.pokevision.com

Long story short, it takes the games api, and displays it on a map in real time, showing you how long until certain pokemon depop.

It's GPS based or you can enter a location manually. Looks like it could be quite useful.

Edit: I do want to note that I did 3 tests using pokemon shown on the sites radar to the game. All 3 matched up. Locations are off about 50 yards or so, but not anything ground breaking.

Edit 2: 15 tests thusfar, all accurate in the generally shown area; again, it is a little bit off, but it's nothing major... 3 houses at most for me thus far.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-07-21 07:44:49
Link | Citer | R

So anyone who watched DBZA and Team Four Star content, they issued a challenge to their viewers to recreate their Leaf Green Nuzlocke final team in Pokemon Go, it's a pretty hefty challenge as this is the team you would have to assemble:

Charizard
Dragonite
Gyarados
Raichu
Sandslash
Snorlax

Forget what the reward was, think it was a signed Lakigr (their nuzlocke character) shirt or whatever.

Out of that list Snorlax is straightforward albeit a bit rare, the others are pretty damn challenging as I never encounter 4 of them in any evolutionary form and the Gyarados would just take a while even though it's easy to find Magikarps
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-21 10:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Jiko said: »

Long story short, it takes the games api, and displays it on a map in real time, showing you how long until certain pokemon depop.

It's GPS based or you can enter a location manually. Looks like it could be quite useful.

Edit: I do want to note that I did 3 tests using pokemon shown on the sites radar to the game. All 3 matched up. Locations are off about 50 yards or so, but not anything ground breaking.

Edit 2: 15 tests thusfar, all accurate in the generally shown area; again, it is a little bit off, but it's nothing major... 3 houses at most for me thus far.

There are instructions on how you can do this manually from your pc on reddit using Python. It is a third party tool, and I am not sure how long Ninantec will go until they patch it (if ever), as it allows players to have personal access to every pokemon that spawns in their area, which IMO they absolutely should, since the in-game's tracking method is unreliable. great website.
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-07-21 10:02:31
Link | Citer | R

I have gotten like 3 sandslash' before.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 12:50:25
Link | Citer | R

My sister hatched a Vulpix. Why not me?!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-21 13:03:28
Link | Citer | R

wish I could trade you anna. I found like 3 :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-21 13:09:16
Link | Citer | R

Hackers cracked the current game and found some nice information.

Source: http://www.pu.nl/artikelen/nieuws/master-balls-levelcap-en-zeldzame-pokemon-gevonden-bij-pokemon-go-datamine/

- The Trainer Level Cap is 40.
- Egg's cap at Level 20, so if you get an Egg at Level 37 it'll still hatch at the same quality as if you were level 20.
- Wild Pokemon cap at Level 30, meaning after Level 30 everyone will find the same max CP Pokemon and it'll be a matter of spending the candy and stardust to upgrade them to your level's cap based on their CP arc.
- There is an achievement/badge rank above gold.
- Curveballs and Accurate Throws (Nice, Great, Etc) have been confirmed as helping with the capture chance of a Pokeball throw.
- There may be future Incubators that reduce the amount of kilometers needed before they hatch. (There is an incubator called "distance" in the code)
- Moves have an Accuracy and a Critical Hit Rate.
- Each unique Pokemon has it's own Capture and Flee rate.
- Move Damage may go up with Trainer Level.
- Pokemon do become harder to catch as you level up.
- Mewtwo, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno are Legendary.
- Mew is Mythic.
- Farfetch'd is out there... somewhere. As is Ditto.
- The Charge Meter is filled 0.5 for each 1 HP of damage dealt. This means a super effective move that does more damage will charge the special attack faster - that is actually really important to know.
- To level from 39 to 40 takes FIVE MILLION EXPERIENCE, and going from 1 to 40 takes Twenty Million. On my best day I can get about one hundred thousand exp, maybe 125k. So that's like 3-4 months to go from 39 to 40. Won't be seeing that any time soon! lol
- Pokemon have a base Attack, Defense and Stamina (HP) - thus they do not have a Attack and Special Attack stat like in the 3DS games.
- Dragonite has the strongest base attack for non-legends, at 250.
- MewTwo has a base attack of 284.
- Moltres has the highest base attack of the three legendary birds.
- Articuno has the highest base defense of the three.
- Zapdos is almost as high as Moltres in base attack but is likely lower due to Type Advantage.
- Pokemon have an evolution modifier AND a HP modifier when they evolve both CP and HP go up a set multiplier.
- Defending Pokemon at a Gym attack every 1.5 seconds.
- The Master Ball is in the game, no clue where it is found.
- The Legendary Pokemon do have a spawn rate - BUT - they have no capture rate, could this mean they require a Master Ball?
- STAB is present in the game, giving a 25% Bonus to an attack move. STAB stands for "Same Type Attack Bonus" and means if a Grass Pokemon uses a Grass move it will hit harder than if a Ground Pokemon used the same Grass move.
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-21 14:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Apparently in Japan.

Tauros are NA exclusive, Mr. Mime is Europe.

A few other Pokemon are region locked to encourage use of the trading feature they plan to add.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-21 14:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »

Apparently in Japan.

Tauros are NA exclusive, Mr. Mime is Europe.

A few other Pokemon are region locked to encourage use of the trading feature they plan to add.

Yep, Khangaskhan is AU, but iirc, you can get him in an egg, also..which makes me wonder if you can get the other 3 in an egg?

Watch ditto be one of these 1000 rattatas I been grinding up for the professor.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-21 16:14:25
Link | Citer | R

That's a great list - Jiko, thank you so much for posting this!
Much of the listed was already known without this hack, but great confirm.

Although anecdotal, I always experienced the higher catches with the curveballs. When im lazy, I don't do them, and it caused me to lose dozen of pokeballs. Wont ever throw a straight ball again.

STAB Bonus and Type advantage are really your keys to beating gyms with strong trainers. I heard it reported earlier in the week about this being in the game, though still haven't gotten an answer to the 2x type bonus. Maybe you're right and it doesn't exist.

The "Defending Pokémon" information is unbelievably helpful, but could potentially be misleading. That rate is great for dodging moves if you are counting and NOT watching for the moves. The animation for certain moves are different than others, meaning that you could mistime your dodges if you go solely based on the animation frames and watching the motion. Also, keep in mind that Blizzard & Earthquake currently CANNOT be dodged (from what I'm hearing) Otherwise, VERY Awesome find here, I don't think people realize how useful the counting method is compared to eyeballing it! Will help everyone out a ton.

Also, you can view the PGO tier lists of total combined stats, defense, attack here -> Pokemon GO SILPH ROAD

I lol'd at the exp required for lvl40. Way to promote longevity.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-21 16:23:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Only 10,000 10km eggs with a Lucky Egg active!

Or 199,000 or so repeat pokemon...!
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-21 16:50:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That's a great list - Jiko, thank you so much for posting this!
Much of the listed was already known without this hack, but great confirm.

Although anecdotal, I always experienced the higher catches with the curveballs. When im lazy, I don't do them, and it caused me to lose dozen of pokeballs. Wont ever throw a straight ball again.

STAB Bonus and Type advantage are really your keys to beating gyms with strong trainers. I heard it reported earlier in the week about this being in the game, though still haven't gotten an answer to the 2x type bonus. Maybe you're right and it doesn't exist.

The "Defending Pokémon" information is unbelievably helpful, but could potentially be misleading. That rate is great for dodging moves if you are counting and NOT watching for the moves. The animation for certain moves are different than others, meaning that you could mistime your dodges if you go solely based on the animation frames and watching the motion. Also, keep in mind that Blizzard & Earthquake currently CANNOT be dodged (from what I'm hearing) Otherwise, VERY Awesome find here, I don't think people realize how useful the counting method is compared to eyeballing it! Will help everyone out a ton.

Also, you can view the PGO tier lists of total combined stats, defense, attack here -> Pokemon GO SILPH ROAD

Thanks, and while I can't claim any credit for any of the above posts findings, I was trying to manually test some of said findings. The defending pokemon was one I was most interested in. I knew attack times were close together, but thought it was based on the different attacks themselves; thought never occured to negate the animation times between hits for some reason. Was good to know.

I don't know how everyone else plays, but I'm more dps focused. I don't use the charge abilities unless I know that pokemon is about to faint, therefore, the main attack is always the one I choose for what pokemon I use for gym battles. STAB on the main attack is perfect in that case.

Speaking of DPS, I think its kind of ironic that quick attack is a lot slower (therefore, less dps) than a bunch of other base attacks.
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-07-21 17:55:26
Link | Citer | R

Do you guys think with the current battle system 1v1 pvp would be horrible in the game? i think it would have to change.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-21 17:57:34
Link | Citer | R

yeah. if you have a good vaporeon or pokemon with water gun, you can basically abuse the dps against slower pokemon, or any defending ones. There is a fast move list that you can review. Basically, QA is garbage. You can land 3 water guns or so in the time it takes to have to dodge an attack from an enemy. One of the reasons Vaporeon is broken.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-21 18:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Aye. 1720 (I'd have to double check the exact CP.) Vaporeon currently. Absolutely rekt Valor gym last night.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-21 18:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Do you guys think with the current battle system 1v1 pvp would be horrible in the game? i think it would have to change.

If anything, 6v6 battles trainer battles are what would happen.

I wish they'd make it so you could use a full team when building up gyms. Im here getting my gym to lv 8, getting 400ish every go; fainting at r5. Absurdly slow going solo, but.. meh.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-21 18:21:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Wonder if you can sleep on a house boat and just slowly float down a river, get distance each night lol

Or live in cali. The earthquakes alone will give you 10km.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2016-07-21 18:58:07
Link | Citer | R

My brother found this recently too, he got quite a few with it already. He picked me up from work and we went slightly out of the way to catch a Geodude and a Parasect. Pretty cool.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 19:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Poke vision just went down for maintenance.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-21 20:30:54
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Poke vision just went down for maintenance.

It's usually quick maintenance, but its due to the sudden 3-4 x serverload from yesterday into today, so there have been multiple. :(
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-21 20:40:59
Link | Citer | R

Farfetch'd is only in Asia apparently

I'unno man. That theory sounds kinda... Far fetched.

[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-07-21 20:49:45
Link | Citer | R

After coming to term with the death of my iPhone 6, what is a typical android model that reaches the minimum OS version needed for Pokémon GO while not costing an arm? Any idea?

Something on the lower end of 100-200$. I have a Galaxy S2 but it doesn't go high enough (and is already getting killed by Dokkan Battle).
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-07-21 20:53:34
Link | Citer | R

I'unno man. That theory sounds kinda... Far fetched.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-21 21:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
After coming to term with the death of my iPhone 6, what is a typical android model that reaches the minimum OS version needed for Pokémon GO while not costing an arm? Any idea?

Something on the lower end of 100-200$. I have a Galaxy S2 but it doesn't go high enough (and is already getting killed by Dokkan Battle).

I have a Galaxy S4 zoom that i got off ebay maybe two years back myself. Got it originally because i was looking for a good camera and my brother had this model phone so i knew the pic quality was rly good. Only in the last two weeks did i bother putting my sim card into it tho. But i does have android version 4.4.2 which is enough for this pokemon go. - Current price on ebay is around the 150ish mark give or take. There might be better options, but its the one im aware of'

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-07-21 21:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Considering the price it's decent, goes up to 5.0.2 so yeah, more than enough. It's indeed 150~$ on many websites. Thanks, gonna look it up and see if there are any cheaper sidegrades (usually the Chinese sidegrades are a lot cheaper).

Ouch, what happened?

And it should still be under warranty if you did buy warranty from Apple upon its release.
Findmyphone.

It's both a good thing and scary when it comes out of nowhere (repaired the screen and the person who did so thought it was a good idea to factory reset the phone).
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 21:55:55
Link | Citer | R

I bought a Moto X 2013 used on Amazon for $150. Good phone for its day but it's dated now. That said, it did start with 4.4 Kit Kat and mine was 5.1 Lollipop when I swapped to my Nexus 5x.

If you saved up a bit more, you could buy a brand new Nexus 5x but mine was like $400~ I think when I bought mine. Though I did opt to pay the extra $50-ish for the 32gb over the 16gb.

You could also look into a Nexus 5.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 61 62 63