Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 201 202 203
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-07-28 07:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Let's just say, I'm pretty happy to have 9 mules right now.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-07-28 08:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Screw skirmish augments right in the eardrum, somebody else can play that lottery.

Hopefully I can make a few pennies from those with better luck than I have.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-07-28 08:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Now that SE is adding dusk stones to the Red Mog Pells, I'm happy I still have some leftover from the previous free giveaway event. I probably could have made some nice gil from selling the stones before when Snow +1's were like 3-4 mil a stack, but I mainly just used the pells to get stones I could use.

Also I just checked to see if SE added the new items to the Red Mog Pells, but they haven't yet, so they'll probably add those items during the update. I figured they didn't add them yet, but I was hoping SE did so I could get some dusk stones early.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-07-28 08:29:26
Link | Citer | R

Kinda happy I have 15 mules for all those logins campaigns and now red pells ;p
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-28 08:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Kinda happy I have 15 mules for all those logins campaigns and now red pells ;p
There is someone on Cerberus who regularly gets my gil for Savory Shanks, he told me how many characters he had, think it was 12, he said he makes about 30m each login campaign.

I should just make crafting mules already.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-07-28 16:58:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Guess I'll get the stack of Dusklit +1 and play the Skirmish lottery.

Dusk slot is the worst. They nerfed, or seemingly nerfed, the upper end augments that are possible with NQ stones, which affected snow and dusk the most. But for stats with small ranges (crit dmg or WS dmg) I've gotten the best results from Dusk +1s. Random numbers and all that but for price/reward the Dusk+1s are where it's at.

I'm going to make a dozen mules, I guess. My Taeon augments are pretty much done for PUP, but I've got my wife's Taeon Dusk augments to do, and I still need WS dmg on SAM legs/feet (currently have max STR augments). Skirmish augments are pretty garbage but getting free stones, a dozen per character, I can live with that :)
By Draylo 2015-07-28 17:01:01
Link | Citer | R

Would it kill them to add costumes!? I haven't seen the mandragora costume back yet.
 Shiva.Zykei
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-07-28 17:10:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Wait a minute, so we can create a new mule and receive 12 duskorbs +1? 12 X 350k (price of dusk +1)
Does this actually work? The mules are technically still in their "fee-free period" no (unless you get charged within the next few day...)?
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-07-28 17:51:41
Link | Citer | R

I think you get charged for mules right away. If SE didnt want this to motivate people to create more mules they would have said that characters active between June 1st and July 27th (yesterday) would be eligible (instead of July 31st).

Edit: I was completely wrong - there is a 30 day free trial period even for mules so creating mules now do no good for this campaign.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-07-28 17:59:32
Link | Citer | R

In regards to dusk, I thought for sure they'd add a Alluvian Ra'Kaznar that would drop mostly Dusk and Snow.

Early Alluvian Skirmish: Snow+Leaf stones
Yorcia Alluvian Skirmish: Leaf+Dusk stones
Ra'Kaznar Alluvian Skirmish: Dusk+Snow stones

And that we'd get the +1 versions of the armor, but I'm guessing they're not planning to do that.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-07-28 18:53:38
Link | Citer | R

If they were to add a new type of stone to Alluvion Ra'kaznar, my guess would be the Dawn stones and they could add different type of augments
 Cerberus.Ganlere
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-07-28 19:08:14
Link | Citer | R

A fourth stone would need augments not available and well worth it to redo gear; unless there is no redo and only a fourth slot. Before the gear increased in level to go +1, now it is 119 already. Which augmenta are left?

Refresh
Regen
DT
QA
Job specific augments
Etc

Could make for some interesting augments if the list included job specifics and would keep peeps constantly getting stones. Otherwise, just another redo for more 119 armor.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-28 21:01:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Ganlere said: »
A fourth stone would need augments not available and well worth it to redo gear; unless there is no redo and only a fourth slot. Before the gear increased in level to go +1, now it is 119 already. Which augmenta are left?

Refresh
Regen
DT
QA
Job specific augments
Etc

Could make for some interesting augments if the list included job specifics and would keep peeps constantly getting stones. Otherwise, just another redo for more 119 armor.
I would love to get refresh on ilvl hands and feet, and say goodbye to Serpentes Cuffs/Sabots.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-07-28 21:53:06
Link | Citer | R

They did add Mellidopt Wings (6) this time around...that's new, I think? The wings can't be sent across mules, but the Alluvion weapons/armours (unaugmented) can be sent across accounts no? I know the previous unaugmented Skirmish gear was transferrable, but didn't check the (A) types.

If so, so long as the mules can get to the ??? in Yorcia, then maybe I should set aside one mule (6 wings) for odds-and-ends pieces I might be missing and others for stones...hm.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-28 22:27:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
the Alluvion weapons/armours (unaugmented) can be sent across accounts no?

Yes, they can. There's still the matter of getting the mule to Yorcia, though. That means getting them to Adoulin, getting watercrafting/etc, all of that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-07-28 22:39:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
the Alluvion weapons/armours (unaugmented) can be sent across accounts no?

Yes, they can. There's still the matter of getting the mule to Yorcia, though. That means getting them to Adoulin, getting watercrafting/etc, all of that.

Might not be so bad, just mostly clearing reives then running the mule across. Although I probably should do it for all of them, I probably would only need one or two at most--doing it for all the mules would certainly be time-consuming. :p
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-29 01:51:32
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Would it kill them to add costumes!? I haven't seen the mandragora costume back yet.
Think those fall under Green Mog Pell, don't get why they won't give us those too.
 Siren.Flannelman
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Flannelman 2015-07-29 02:25:06
Link | Citer | R

You can actually tractor up in Woh Gates at I-7. This will put you by the third waypoint in Yorica. No need to get watercrafting or climbing at all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-07-29 12:15:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
I think you get charged for mules right away. If SE didnt want this to motivate people to create more mules they would have said that characters active between June 1st and July 27th (yesterday) would be eligible (instead of July 31st).

Edit: I was completely wrong - there is a 30 day free trial period even for mules so creating mules now do no good for this campaign.

I read elsewhere that if your character is active 1 day during 7/1-7/31 you will be a red pull. Can anyone confirm that? Lol
By Zyla 2015-07-29 12:47:18
Link | Citer | R

I read elsewhere that if your character is active 1 day during 7/1-7/31 you will be a red pull. Can anyone confirm that? Lol

I would like to know this as well, or a source of some sort stating the opposite. was considering making many mules for this
By Wordspoken 2015-07-29 12:53:22
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't it 5 days?
 Valefor.Seranos
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-07-29 13:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
In thanks for your dedicated service to the world of Vana'diel, we will be giving special in-game gifts to those with an active PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI subscription via a SQUARE ENIX account during the period of Monday, June 1, 2015, to Friday, July 31.

Campaign Summary

Clear out your bags and ready your satchels, for the movers and shakers of Vana'diel will be rewarding those with an active PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI subscription via a SQUARE ENIX account during the period listed below with fabulous in-game prizes.

Period of Eligibility

Characters active on a PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI subscription via a SQUARE ENIX account active for at least one day during the period of Monday, June 1, 2015, to Friday, July 31, 2015, are eligible.
* This campaign applies to those who have paid usage fees in the above period and who have active accounts. (The fee-free period is not counted.)
* This campaign also does not apply to those taking advantage of the free trial.

* Characters who need to be renamed due to changing worlds and have not yet done so are not eligible.
* After Friday, July 31, characters who change worlds before receiving the in-game item are no longer eligible.
* Plays must migrate their PlayOnline ID to a SQUARE ENIX account. (Read on for information about this procedure.)
By Wordspoken 2015-07-29 13:28:39
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I kinda just skimmed most of the text and picked number 5 for some reason. Thanks for clearing things up.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-29 13:30:59
Link | Citer | R

That sounds painful.
 Valefor.Seranos
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-07-29 13:35:35
Link | Citer | R

Wordspoken said: »
Yeah, I kinda just skimmed most of the text and picked number 5 for some reason. Thanks for clearing things up.

I was honestly surprised because I had to go back and read it again. I believe the last time they did this, you had to be active before the event started (it was more reward than upping mule subscriptions).

I decided to grab 2 mules, which I was going to do anyways. Been surviving with just one since 2009 or so...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-07-29 14:16:12
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
In regards to dusk, I thought for sure they'd add a Alluvian Ra'Kaznar that would drop mostly Dusk and Snow.

Early Alluvian Skirmish: Snow+Leaf stones
Yorcia Alluvian Skirmish: Leaf+Dusk stones
Ra'Kaznar Alluvian Skirmish: Dusk+Snow stones

And that we'd get the +1 versions of the armor, but I'm guessing they're not planning to do that.

I think the above sounds exactly like what may still happen. It makes too much logical sense, and is pretty consistent with the general development philosophy of the game in the Adoulin era.

And remember, they don't have to pair stones with further armor/weapon upgrades, 4th augment slot, etc. Could always do something like new accessories or other completely new drops.

I still kinda assume it's coming, one of the few completely logical non-Rhapsodies additions left that could arrive, and would be exactly the kind of thing they'd put in September-October to add some content in between the final two Rhapsodies updates.

In order of likelihood, I'd guess the remaining significant non-Rhapsodies content could be:
1) ORK Alluvion Skirmish
2) A final round of high tier battlefields (a couple WotG fights?)
3) More UNMs
4) Maybe, maaaaaaybe ilevel Salvage/Nyzul armor (don't care what comments may have been made months/years ago, this is one of the last sensible "reforge" sets and seems more likely to me given the Neo-abjuration armor coming in August)
[+]
By Chyula 2015-07-29 14:35:15
Link | Citer | R

They need to add a surge for wkr just like woe.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-29 15:10:51
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to see some of the old BCNM's bumped up to i-level as part of an event. Under Observation, Royal Jelly, even the low-level fights like Shooting Fish.
By Pantafernando 2015-07-30 16:51:22
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
While we are not planning to make any adjustments to beastmaster in terms of directly lowering their attacking capabilities so that they cannot elicit the power they’ve been able to output until now, we are planning to revamp the stats of certain special abilities that have a higher effect than expected. In the version update set to take place on August 5th, we will be making the following adjustments:

The effect of Infrasonics used by the following pets will be changed.

Warlike Patrick / Audacious Anna / Lizard Familiar / Coldblood Como

Effect

• Reduced evasion effect value will change from -25% to -40.

• Accuracy will be increased.

Additionally, as a future adjustment we are looking into aspects where the master takes on more of a risk. The concept is to shorten the distance certain pet commands can be used to create more opportunities to be close to monsters. We’ll first monitor how the adjustments are going in the August version update and announce further details later.

Quote:
In the August version update, we will be reducing the recast delay for Avatar's Favor.

Currently we do not have any plans to make adjustments to the effects of Avatar’s Favor. This is not to say that we will not be tuning this job ability in the future, so please continue to let us know your feedback.
By Pantafernando 2015-07-31 04:25:34
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
[dev1281] Quality of Life Improvements

Player characters' equipment sets will now be saved server-side when saving settings files such as macros and configuration settings to the server.

Read on to learn more about saving settings files.
US Game Manual (http://www.playonline.com/ff11/manual/index.html?loc=en&#020400&_ga=1.216604830.960631.1426331958)
EU Game Manual (http://www.playonline.com/ff11/manual/index.html?loc=en-GB&#020400&_ga=1.12593087.960631.1426331958)

It will now be possible to view the current status effect icons of targeted and sub-targeted party members.

A new focus-targeting feature will be added.
Selecting "Focus" from the "Party" category in the main menu will allow one party member to be set as a focused target.
Party members who are focus-targeted will always display current status effect icons, even when targeting other characters.

* Only player characters within the same party will display status effect icons. Adventuring fellows, alter egos, familiars, and alliance members will not display any status effect icons.
* You cannot focus-target your own character.
* Logging out of the server will clear any focus-target settings.

A new argument will be added.

• <focust>
    Returns the name of the current focus-targeted character.

The following new text command will be added.

• /focustarget <player character name or argument>

Example:
    /focustarget <p3>
    Focus-targets the third party member in the party roster.

• /statusparty [subcommand]
    →Displays the party members' status icons.

>>Subcommands:<
    on Enables display of status icons.
    off Disables display of status icons.
    Toggles between on and off if no subcommand is specified.

First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 201 202 203