By Odin.Geriond 2016-10-28 11:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Xijaah said: »
Asura.Avallon said: »
Asura.Avallon said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Good that they've noticed MNK, it's in the worst position out of any job atm. Indirectly affects PUP too but you don't really look at it for the master's damage. A large boost in H2H base dmg could be pretty scary, though not sure how far it'll go without a change to some H2H WSs unless they plan to focus on white dmg.

Depending on what they do with Smite, DRK and WAR (does DRG get Smite?) could be pretty disgusting. SMN buffs are a bit strange since it's already a pretty powerful and almost riskless DD, but I guess we'll see what happens.
I don't want to be that guy, but we should consider the possibility of smn getting nerfed this time. I'm thinking about how flaming crush would become too stronk with the incoming h2h changes, so they might tweak the formula a bit to compensate that.

Nerf SMN. Right. The one job that's not been bandwagoned and has remained quietly used here and there for end game but whose potential is only maximized by having a COR and GEO.

This is where I politely extend you the middle finger.
Did you care to read what i wrote before pulling ur finger out of your...glove?

Of course I read what you posted, and in all honesty, I'm not trying to be rude to you. What I don't understand, though, is how people can frivolously suggest nerfs for SMN based on nonsensical forecasts on the strengths of how Flaming Crush will react to upcoming changes.

I honestly don't think people understand the asinine amount of effort and resources that go into SMN's gear before they can even output respectable BP damage - especially for high-tier end game content. If we're closing a skillchain with Flaming Crush for capped damage, in most (if not all) cases, it's due to the SMN's gear, having COR and/or GEO buffs or all of the above.

Right now SMN isn't in a good place to bust out serious DPS on it's own without the aid of other support jobs. I wish this wasn't the case but it is what it is. There are plenty of monster weakness to exploit and superior gear can still offer capped damage or burst damage, but at the end of the day for high-tier end game, you aren't seeing people shouting for SMN in /yell (as of yet).

I can't possibly fathom why this job should be altered, changed, tweaked or otherwise messed with in any way shape or form (unless it were positive changes).
Ok, let me rephrase it, as i suspect you did misunderstand me after all.
I did not suggest that smn deserves a nerf, only that, since it is my understanding that flaming crush's physical part is treated as h2h, with the upcoming buff for h2h damage, they might tweak the formula down to keep its numbers closer to what they are now. It's only pure speculation, not different from half(more?) of the latest posts in the thread. No reason to get your feelings hurt, i wish your job all the best things in the world from now till the servers (may that never happen, lord) shut.
There are two different terms being referred to as H2H here; the weapon type, which monks use, and the damage type, which H2H weapons inflict, as well as some blood pacts. The fact that they share the same name is an unfortunate relic of our limited knowledge of it years ago.

They are adjusting the H2H weapon type, not the H2H damage type; the latter is simply a multiplier to the final damage depending on what mob you're hitting, and doesn't have any equations or stats associated with it at all. SE adjusting the H2H weapon type won't affect the damage done by other sources of damage that are classified as inflicting H2H damage type.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-10-28 13:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
We’ve got a couple of job adjustments on top, included some adjustments to summoner blood pacts, and a review of the hand-to-hand weapon damage calculation formula. These changes include an increase to physical blood pact attribute caps and increase maximum hand-to-hand damage, providing further strengths to damage-dealing capabilities. We’ve also got several adjustments to the Smite job trait.

I don't know why y'all are assuming this means Smite's getting buffed. They're making a point of specifically not saying that, in contrast to H2H and blood pacts.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-28 13:12:38
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't be too surprised if they just give additional trait levels to the jobs that get less of them, and maybe give it to a job or two that don't get any naturally (SAM, maybe RUN).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-28 13:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Need a cor version of daken!! Call it Akimbo or something Idk! *wants things too*
[+]
By Treizekordero 2016-10-28 13:28:17
Link | Citer | R

2 weeks away... ugh.. I can't wait to see what Smite and H2H are gonna do post update.

I hope they change the levels the smite jobs get. I'd like to see DRG and MNK have 3 tiers of smite like WAR, 2 tiers for PUP and SAM.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-28 13:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Need a cor version of daken!! Call it Akimbo or something Idk! *wants things too*

Trigger Finger
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-28 13:48:26
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
My actual prediction is that PUPs come out of this on top. MNK will get a boost to make them competitive but not over the top, whereas a high-end PUP is already competitive, and this will just inch them farther along.

Yeah PUP could come out of this as a real monster DD, as opposed to today where it's really more tank-oriented, or pet-party focused for those lovable oddball pet LSes ;)

MNK has some native offensive advantages over PUP with KA/Footwork, Impetus, Focus. But automatons have been beefed up substantially over the past year, and can easily more than make up for the gap from the players themselves. This is already clearly the case today, but nothing looks to be changing with a non-job specific H2H buff. Gear is largely the same these days with a few exceptions (most notably, PUP not having access to Adhemar gear, and some JSE weapon differences - but arguably PUP comes out better on that front with stuff like a Mythic that also gives OA2-3x to the puppet).

For reference, my typical current master/automaton damage split is something like 60%/40% with a good hybrid set. In some circumstances, the puppet can pull ahead or at least be more like 50-50. And my PUP (master only, not counting the major contribution from the puppet) probably does roughly 80% the DPS of an equally well geared MNK. That all adds up to master+puppet combined really thrashing a MNK. Also doesn't account for stuff like PUP can pretty easily "self" light or dark SC with the master+puppet team, which obviously isn't something MNK can do (or PUP's generally superior SC flexibility thanks to Stringing Pummel).

What will be particularly interesting to see is how weapon base damage plays into this change, as there are some pretty significant differences in DMG/Dly H2H options. Perhaps DMG isn't quite as major if H2H WS remain not really the highlight of H2H users' overall DPS. But then again, maybe the overall formula is adjusted to give DMG more weight for "white damage" too.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-10-28 14:37:38
Link | Citer | R

On the PUP front, I wish they would remove skillchain aspect from inhibitors, or give a stand alone STP attachment.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-28 14:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Good changes.
Now fix Scythe, SE
or nerf gsword
What?
What's there not to understand?
Scythe is super weak, probably the 2nd worst weapon in the game.
Great sword is stronger than most 2h weapons, to the point where WARRIOR is going to be using greatsword over gaxe in most situations.

Gsword might be a little too strong, but it's probably ok. The best solution is to fix scythe (and gaxe? I dunno what's wrong with gaxe don't play war)
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-28 14:50:59
Link | Citer | R

Incorrect.

to the point where WARRIOR is going to be using greatsword over gaxe in most situations.
Is your point really that every job should be using their highest skill weapon or there's a flaw in the game?
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-10-28 14:56:47
Link | Citer | R

I actually parse very well using my Anguta and spamming Cross Reaper.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-28 15:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
On the PUP front, I wish they would remove skillchain aspect from inhibitors, or give a stand alone STP attachment.

Seriously. Especially now that Speedloaders exist and have better SC logic, there's really zero reason to keep the SC properties on Inhibitors. Would be far better off as a purely Store TP attachment.
By Pantafernando 2016-10-28 15:07:36
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Announcing the November Version Update

A fine day to you, adventurers! Matsui here to provide you with some tidbits of information about the upcoming version update, scheduled for Thursday, November 10.

We’ve got a couple of job adjustments on top, included some adjustments to summoner blood pacts, and a review of the hand-to-hand weapon damage calculation formula. These changes include an increase to physical blood pact attribute caps and increase maximum hand-to-hand damage, providing further strengths to damage-dealing capabilities. We’ve also got several adjustments to the Smite job trait.

Of course, it wouldn’t be a version update without new foes and rewards for Ambuscade, and we hope you enjoy tackling the new challenges on offer in November.

In terms of quality-of-life improvements, we’ve added some teleportation locations for survival guides and home points, a topic that has been of some debate on the official forums. These additions will make traveling throughout Vana’diel even easier, so take this opportunity to explore the world!

November also brings along with it XI Day (11/11), and we’ve got a special anniversary event complete with rewards boasting all-new graphics. We’d like for as many people to experience this event as possible, so we’re also hosting a Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign—bring your friends back to XI and enjoy spending time together! This campaign brings along with it a plethora of other mini-campaigns and events, the details of which we will make available at a later date.

The table below contains a specific list of items scheduled for the November version update. As always, last-minute issues may arise that may cause some of these items to be pushed back to a later date.

Content and System-related
Ambuscade
・Add new notorious monsters
Survival Guide
Expand areas in which survival guides are found
Home points
・Add home points
Mog Garden
・Adjust the growth system
・Add messages
Adventuring Fellow
・Add more equippable equipment and weapons

Battle-related
Summoner
・Adjust pet commands
Smite
・Adjust effect values
Hand-to-hand
・Adjust damage calculations

Item-related
Ambuscade
・Create new reward items
Guild Shops
・Add new items
Synergy
・Add new recipes
Porter Moogle
・Add to the list of supported items
Synthesis
・Adjust the amount of deliverable items requested
Certain recipes
・Add help text
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-10-28 15:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Seriously. Especially now that Speedloaders exist and have better SC logic, there's really zero reason to keep the SC properties on Inhibitors. Would be far better off as a purely Store TP attachment.

Yeah, when you're in a melee heavy party that is just spamming WS. If you have set, it mostly just sits there
By Pantafernando 2016-10-28 15:12:24
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Blue Magic List
The following blue magic spells are learnable as of Thursday, October 27, 2016.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51569-Blue-Magic-List-%28By-Family%29?p=586764#post586764

Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2016-10-28 15:39:41
Link | Citer | R

Sweet Jesus adventuring fellow update!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2016-10-28 20:37:06
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Good changes.
Now fix Scythe, SE
or nerf gsword
What?
What's there not to understand?
Great sword is stronger than most 2h weapons, to the point where WARRIOR is going to be using greatsword over gaxe in most situations.

Gsword might be a little too strong, but it's probably ok. The best solution is to fix scythe (and gaxe? I dunno what's wrong with gaxe don't play war)
If you do that then Wars will just buy blurred lances instead since stardiver is just as good a ws as resolution on paper.
It's also alot more complicated than simply buffing scythe and gaxe to not suck.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-28 21:30:35
Link | Citer | R

Great Axe has its uses. Sadly it falls behind in high buff situations. Ukkos limited to 2-3 hits normally. The damage is amazing if a Windbuffet+1 procs. If it was turned into a 4-5 hit weaponskill it would be pretty beastly. A warrior can still be good/competitive with it but it takes a lot of effort. Great Axe's biggest pro is its utility. Its very powerful when skillchaining or when used to self skillchain. It also pairs well with a CDC spamming BLUs.

The weaponskill damage is lower than other options but I found the frequency and skillchain properties make up for that lack of damage.

Wanting to nerf greatsword is stupid when the vit mod on upheaval, amount of hits on ukkos, and int mods on entropy/quietus are the issues.

If you want to use GAXE so bad make a conquerer. I know its next on my to do list. Atleast GAXE gains a lot from the 40% crit boost that blood rage gives. For rag it only boosts white damage.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-28 22:31:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Wanting to nerf greatsword is stupid when the vit mod on upheaval, amount of hits on ukkos, and int mods on entropy/quietus are the issues.
WS mods that aren't STR for 2h weapons really make no sense. Especially an INT one...

It would be really easy to fix scythe and gaxe, you just fix their ftps/"damage varies with tp" and their modifiers to not be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE(hi int).
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-10-28 23:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

You mean a 3rd roll;;
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-10-28 23:50:10
Link | Citer | R

WS mods that aren't STR for 2h weapons really make no sense. Especially an INT one...

It would be really easy to fix scythe and gaxe, you just fix their ftps/"damage varies with tp" and their modifiers to not be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE(hi int).

I would like for them to someday change entropy to str, keep the values the same so it can be somewhat competitive.

Another thing I'd love is if they made 1 hit ws's 99% accuracy so I would stop seeing catastrophe miss so much <.<
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-29 01:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Great Axe has its uses. Sadly it falls behind in high buff situations. Ukkos limited to 2-3 hits normally. The damage is amazing if a Windbuffet+1 procs. If it was turned into a 4-5 hit weaponskill it would be pretty beastly. A warrior can still be good/competitive with it but it takes a lot of effort. Great Axe's biggest pro is its utility. Its very powerful when skillchaining or when used to self skillchain. It also pairs well with a CDC spamming BLUs.

The weaponskill damage is lower than other options but I found the frequency and skillchain properties make up for that lack of damage.

If you want to use GAXE so bad make a conquerer. I know its next on my to do list. Atleast GAXE gains a lot from the 40% crit boost that blood rage gives. For rag it only boosts white damage.
Alright I did some minor testing with my crap freshly dinged no new end game gear DRK's gear.

Resolution and cross reaper do about the same damage on the puk/dragons in escha(cross reaper doing a bit more), and I assume that's because my gear is so bad I'm not actually pdif capped on them so the -15% attk penalty on resolution is actually a penalty.

theorycraft: The reason resolution is one of the strongest WS in the game right now is because when it doesn't have an actual -15% attack penalty on things thanks to geo's and other jobs insane -def down debuffs, it does more damage than most WS in the game. It's balanced around that -15% penalty, but you can get so much attk(You can stack on that attk since STR gives attk, and it's boosted by str.) and defense down that the penalty is no longer a thing. Resolution seems pretty well designed and balanced, tbh.

My conclusion from this:
Obviously STR modded WS are going to be better than ones with much less important damaging stats, such as INT or VIT without some type of secondary bonuses such as much ftp or something.

If geo, and more specfically, idris, was not as powerful at removing defense from enemies resolution would not be that much further away than some of the other weapons in strength. However, stuff like entropy would still be bad so...

They should just make all 2h WS scale with str, there's no actual reason they shouldn't I think?

Seems like a pretty easy fix. Make every 2h WS scale with STR, give at least every 2h weapon 1 decent ftp/damage varies with tp/str scaling WS. Try to rebalance around that. I'm not exactly sure why they haven't done this already.

edit:
I'm sure this is all information that anyone who's played current FF14 for more than 15 minutes can realize, but yeah.
By tristenn 2016-10-29 02:08:32
Link | Citer | R

I don't think Resolution overkills. What I mean by that is it will only show damage for the HP the mob has left that may be why your seeing the same damage. If you want to test with capped pdif the WKR's are a better place for that.

At 100 tp Resolution pulls ahead of Cross Reaper quite a bit for me even Catastrophe and entropy are close in damage to Cross Reaper at 100 tp (10-12k). At 275 TP my highest Reso was 39k avg 24k and for crossreaper 24k is the highest I've noticed and normally around 18-20k. Base Damage for both weapons were around the same for testing.

Edit: Miss read you were saying you think were NOT pdif capped. What I said above is still true I think there isn't enough HP left on those weaker mobs for you to see the reso damage. Even when I don't have capped pdif Reso always pulls ahead of Cross reaper for me.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2016-10-29 02:20:02
Link | Citer | R

tristenn said: »
I don't think Resolution overkills. What I mean by that is it will only show damage for the HP the mob has left that may be why your seeing the same damage...

I'd be very surprised if that was the case. The only other thing in this game that I can think of that behaves that way is healing magic. You can auto-attack for much more hp than a mob has remaining, you can even drain more hp than a mob has. Why would this one WS cap it's display damage at the mob's remaining health when nothing else in the game does that?
By tristenn 2016-10-29 02:23:42
Link | Citer | R

I think all of the merit WS don't over kill. Maybe I'm remembering wrong get back to you tommorrow.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-29 02:24:51
Link | Citer | R

the additional hits of a multihit weaponskill will not land if the damage would exceed the remaining HP of a mob. so if 5 hits deal 1k each and a mob has 2k hp you will only get 2 hits.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-10-29 02:28:22
Link | Citer | R

Its almost 2017 and we still have to explain that multi hit WS's stop dealing damage when the mob dies.

example:
mob has 10k hp, using a 5 HIT ws that deals 3k hp per swing.
swing 1: 3k/10k
swing 2: 6k/10k
swing 3: 9k/10k
swing 4: 12k/10k mob dies, WS deals 12k damage
swing 5: never registers
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-29 02:37:41
Link | Citer | R

That's how multi hit ws DD used to lose parse in Einharjer because dealing full ws dmg on final blow is serious business.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2016-10-29 02:44:40
Link | Citer | R

I suppose that would be a problem for Resolution since it's ftp carries. I've never noticed any such variance with MNK multi-hit WSs for what I'm sure are obvious reasons.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 201 202 203