Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 175 176 177
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-30 00:08:02
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
There's no major reason to go Acro-only for those augments, so doubling up is a good call if you wanna use those pieces for PUP. :)

I am completely blind. Very sorry for the dumb question.

To make it better, I'll ask another dumb question. I'll preface it with the fact that I know very little about BST and heavy armor jobs in general, so my apologies. What is it that makes Otomi and the Xaddi pieces superior to, say, 2 TA 20 acc/atk Taeon for master TP? I would think that 4 TA on the legs would outweigh 2 DA and 3 STP, and that 2 TA and 2 crit would beat out the 3 DA for the head. Just in general, Taeon seem to be the better TP pieces for some slots. I only generally play BLU, DNC, MNK, and similar jobs, so I'm not sure on the specifics behind gearing for BST.

Appreciate any help you could give, and hope for not too much judging my ignorance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-03-30 06:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
There's no major reason to go Acro-only for those augments, so doubling up is a good call if you wanna use those pieces for PUP. :)

I am completely blind. Very sorry for the dumb question.

To make it better, I'll ask another dumb question. I'll preface it with the fact that I know very little about BST and heavy armor jobs in general, so my apologies. What is it that makes Otomi and the Xaddi pieces superior to, say, 2 TA 20 acc/atk Taeon for master TP? I would think that 4 TA on the legs would outweigh 2 DA and 3 STP, and that 2 TA and 2 crit would beat out the 3 DA for the head. Just in general, Taeon seem to be the better TP pieces for some slots. I only generally play BLU, DNC, MNK, and similar jobs, so I'm not sure on the specifics behind gearing for BST.

Appreciate any help you could give, and hope for not too much judging my ignorance.

Your question was good! The guide is now updated with Taeon sets for our fellow PUP enthusiasts. :)

And you're right, most slots in the Haste/Marches gearset should ideally be Taeon with TA/Acc/Atk/STR/DEX. Shortly after the Alluvion update I shared the WS Acro pieces with that particular set out of convenience, but will update now to reflect the superior Taeon options. Thanks!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-03-30 08:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Falkirk, I just want to thank you for all the hard work you put into this guide. It's seriously the most updated and comprehensive on this site. Best OP ever.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
Serveur: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-03-30 14:29:15
Link | Citer | R

trying to decide on a relic to build, and i was wondering if guttler is a decent choice or i should stick to another main hand and build a different relic?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-30 16:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Thanks a ton for the answer, Falkirk. This is a wonderful guide, and has helped me not be too terrible at BST so far.
[+]
By Mavrickx 2015-03-31 08:56:20
Link | Citer | R

What exactly does Spur + JP Enhancement do? I know it says it increases physical attack by 3 each upgrade, but that does not seem to be the only case. +30 ATK does not account for the Major damage increase while spur is active. Additionally I notice that magical ready moves also gain a damage increase while Spur is active. I have JP+Spur 10/10, Fireball does 4045 damage w/o spur. With spur fireball jumps to 5258... that's effectively MA B+30. With this, i fall to the conclusion that Spur is giving pet ATK+30 and increasing Ready damage by 30%. If I'm right, I fear this might be an unintended buff. Spur 10/10 granting +30 Atk and increases Ready (Physical and Magical) damage by 30%? That just seems too good to be true.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-03-31 18:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Wow, you're right. o_o That's amazing, nice find!

Did some testing just now and found the same results. 10/10 Spur enhancement:

Lizard vs. Wild Rabbit (lightsday)
3000 TP Fireball = 3513
3000 TP Fireball w/Spur = 4566
3000 TP Fireball w/Spur+Nukumi Ocreae = 4566 (Just checkin'.)

Melee data vs. Wild Rabbits:
non-Crit range: 648~680
non-Crit range w/Spur: 648~680

So Mavrickx is correct, the hidden DMG+30% bonus from Spur only seems to apply to Ready moves. Very cool, thanks for the info.

Certainly helps explain why this damage gets pushed so high:

~19,000 damage Razor Fang with +60% damage tacked on from Ready/Unleash/Spur job points?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-04-01 13:03:28
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have a suggested priority for job points on BST? I have very few points because I only ever used it for events, but now that I am using it somewhat regularly, seems worthwhile to start the grind again.

Also, is Morimar hidden zone the best for CP on BST solo? I kinda figure it would be since Efts and Raptors would be weak to Randy, but I'm not sure if there is something better.
By honeycomb 2015-04-02 01:49:19
Link | Citer | R

I was wondering if Blackbeard can skill chain with Sams to make double light or single light chains? Ive been doing events in Vagary and black beard does awsome and even better with cor buddy am trying find a way to team up with Sams to do light chains so mages can magic burst very helpfull on the bosses. I have 325 job points into the job and very happy and win the parse alot depending on the fight anyways cant wait finsh the mythic axe its gonna be alot fun and thank you for any info if pets can skill chain with Sams doing light and dark chains.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-04-02 06:37:59
Link | Citer | R

honeycomb said: »
I was wondering if Blackbeard can skill chain with Sams to make double light or single light chains? Ive been doing events in Vagary and black beard does awsome and even better with cor buddy am trying find a way to team up with Sams to do light chains so mages can magic burst very helpfull on the bosses. I have 325 job points into the job and very happy and win the parse alot depending on the fight anyways cant wait finsh the mythic axe its gonna be alot fun and thank you for any info if pets can skill chain with Sams doing light and dark chains.

You need to be more creative if you want to use Randy, but it's quite doable.

Razor Fang > Spinning Axe > Razor Fang > Shoha > Fudo Will get you double light. It's long and complicated, but if you are good at team work, it's pretty consistent.

You could replace Spinning Axe with Kagero or Shoha with Cloudsplitter if you wanted, but chances are your buffs will be Sam oriented, and you'll net more damage that way.

UNLESS you are in the mage party and getting MAB buffs and malaise. Then Cloudsplitter will probably be ideal.

On that note, If you use the Tulfaire pet and use Swooping Frenzy > Cloudsplitter, you'll self light and inflict MDB down, which in turn will result is some pretty awesome nukes. I've found that when I solo for CP, Tulfaire is better. Swooping > Cloudsplitter does around 15k solo at 1k tp.

Also, Swooping > Cloudsplitter > Fudo will net a double light with the added MDB down.
By honeycomb 2015-04-02 16:24:27
Link | Citer | R

thank you for the info :)
 Asura.Psylo
Serveur: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-04-03 02:08:42
Link | Citer | R

Hello, i've just begin to gear my BST, and i have a quick one.

On the Kumbhakarna, OP said we can get TP Bonus +200 for Pet.
But i didn't find any info about this on BG page, so if its true, what stone i have to use and if i get that on both axe, did the effect is cumulative.

the idea is get a TP bonus + 1000 with empy hands reforge +1.

(like a mythic bst ^^)

thks in advance.
 Lakshmi.Deces
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2015-04-03 02:52:29
Link | Citer | R

Kudos Falkirk, I have been looking for something like this for years, better late than never.
I was looking at your ideal "idle Regen" set and noticed that you left out the old school Rune Axes, that is 10 right off the bat to add, all you need is a refresh item and HP fills up and no reliance on daylight stipulations. Seeing as you are calling it and idle set, would this be better? Just a suggestion. What is your 2 cents?

Edit: unrelated to the above. the knife Machismo can be augmented for Familiar, as to what is does & how much? I have no clue. I walked away from the game after I made the knife. Again, What are your thoughts. Lol.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-03 03:04:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm very unfamiliar with pet jobs, so I'm completely lost on how to properly gear myself for situations in which both my pet and myself are fighting. I don't know what trade-offs to make, as I've only ever played jobs where all of the stats are focused on the player. I currently have a full set of pet engaged/ready move Taeon, working on a set of pet tanking Taeon, and a set of master focused Taeon, but I'm just confused on what sacrifices I should be making to improve my pet + master set. If it helps at all, I'm planning on using BST primarily in party situations, as I have BLU and DNC for my solo jobs (which I am far less inexperienced with).

Thank you in advance for any advice you have.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-04-03 04:34:17
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
trying to decide on a relic to build, and i was wondering if guttler is a decent choice or i should stick to another main hand and build a different relic?

Guttler is definitely a solid choice, and in terms of skillchains, having access to Onslaught gives you a strong physical WS (+Aftermath/additional effect) compared to Cloudsplitter/Primal Rend while maintaining similar options for darkness.

With all of the available axes we have for BST, I feel like Guttler's main usage falls within the middling content range between low level foes (where OAT/Crit Haatxik/Hunahpu shine) and high level fights (where Accuracy+ from Tramontane/Kerehcatl/Izizoeksi is super helpful and can allow you to sometimes eat meat/kusamochi instead of sushi/shiromochi). So if you're looking to make a relic for the purpose of excelling at a job, take that into consideration.

Or if you're just hella gung-ho about BST, then go for it!

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Does anyone have a suggested priority for job points on BST? I have very few points because I only ever used it for events, but now that I am using it somewhat regularly, seems worthwhile to start the grind again.

For someone starting fresh, and with all of the recent changes to Pet:Accuracy, Ready moves, and introduction of Pet-based Foods, I'd say...

Spur Effect >
Ready Effect >
Unleash Effect >
Familiar Effect >
Pet Accuracy Bonus >
Reward Effect >
Enmity+ >
Run Wild Duration >
Pet Attack Speed >
Charm Success

If you swap pets often you can switch the Familiar and Pet Accuracy order. The Unleash bonus is powerful, but is dropped down in the list because it's only usable once per hour. I personally am a fan of the Reward bonus, but had to rank it so low because everything else is so helpful! :)

Asura.Psylo said: »
On the Kumbhakarna, OP said we can get TP Bonus +200 for Pet.
But i didn't find any info about this on BG page, so if its true, what stone i have to use and if i get that on both axe, did the effect is cumulative.

I got this info via PM, but looking at the Alluvion Famitsu article again, I think the Pet:TP Bonus actually might cap at +100. It's from Duskorb stones - hope that helps!

Lakshmi.Deces said: »
I was looking at your ideal "idle Regen" set and noticed that you left out the old school Rune Axes, that is 10 right off the bat to add, all you need is a refresh item and HP fills up and no reliance on daylight stipulations. Seeing as you are calling it and idle set, would this be better? Just a suggestion. What is 2 cents?

Thanks, I had totally forgotten about Rune Axes. :) Certainly an old-school option! Similar to the Regen bow (and anything else that would potentially remove your TP between fights) I'll add it to the alternative options list.

Lakshmi.Deces said: »
Edit: unrelated to the above. the knife Machismo can be augmented for Familiar, as to what is does & how much? I have no clue. I walked away from the game after I made the knife. Again, What are your thoughts. Lol.

Just like the other Evolith SP augments, the Familiar augment reduces the recast time (actually, looking at the Evolith page, I don't think Machismo can get the Ability Delay- slot. So this would only apply to the Ebon armor set). Back when Familiar was a 2-hour ability the timer was reduced by 1 min for every +1 point. But when they reduced those JAs to 1 hour recast, the augments were brought down to 30 seconds per +1 point. Kind of interesting but not terribly useful - cool looking knife though!

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I'm very unfamiliar with pet jobs, so I'm completely lost on how to properly gear myself for situations in which both my pet and myself are fighting. I don't know what trade-offs to make, as I've only ever played jobs where all of the stats are focused on the player.

Since your pet's white damage is pretty negligible in high level content, especially in the context of a party, your best option is to focus on master-related stats. All of your pet's usefulness comes from their Ready moves so if you've already made armor for that then you're set! :)
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-04-03 21:35:03
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Jacaut said: »

Guttler is definitely a solid choice, and in terms of skillchains, having access to Onslaught gives you a strong physical WS (+Aftermath/additional effect) compared to Cloudsplitter/Primal Rend while maintaining similar options for darkness.

thanks! one other question, the 10% haste from relic legs augment, does that count towards the 25% cap or is seperate like hasso for sam? its been a long time thanks ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-04-03 21:58:12
Link | Citer | R

It's separate. :)
By honeycomb 2015-04-04 18:20:04
Link | Citer | R

Is the skirmish leg augment for pet -4pdt +3 regen Pet Def +25 better then the empy legs when comes to pet tanking and stout servent +2 might be dumb ? but just wondering?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-04-04 18:44:17
Link | Citer | R

Both are useful in different situations.

Pet engaged only - Alluvion legs are better for pure pet tanking, but the difference is minor. This also doubles as an idle piece with the Pet:Regen+3.

Master/Pet engaged - Nukumi Quijotes +1 are superior as a hybrid tanking piece when the accuracy/attack are valuable for the master. Empyrean+1 legs also have an advantage because they don't involve RNG augments and are storable on a slip.
By honeycomb 2015-04-04 18:52:59
Link | Citer | R

thank you falkirk for info
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-04-05 09:03:51
Link | Citer | R

So a jugs ilvl is dependent on both main weapon level, and the players ilvl currect? but once ive summoned my pet, gearswapping wont drop his level will it?
By FaeQueenCory 2015-04-05 10:20:09
Link | Citer | R

Wait. BST was just main hand. Wasn't it? For PUP and SMN they made it the ammo slot, and for DRG and BST it's the main hand slot... Right?
Trusts determine by average level.
But if I'm misremembering, and BST is more than main hand only... Then if you swap down, your pet should "delevel" after a moment. The reverse is true for swapping up.

And unless you live in Japan, there's enough server lag to not have the server adjust Trusts. Maybe there is there too, but I know that for halfway across the globe, when I "level up" in a WS on jobs that have a lower average iLv for their TP/idle sets, the Trusts don't adjust because there's not enough time it seems.
Should BST function like Trusts, dropping down or dropping up for 1~2s shouldn't affect your pet.
Though I was fairly confident that it's just main hand for pet level...
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-04-05 10:36:23
Link | Citer | R

It's main hand only, so you can freely swap the rest of your gear.
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-04-05 10:52:08
Link | Citer | R

oh okay thanks guys i was just over thinking it ^^
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-04-07 15:37:15
Link | Citer | R

I got this info via PM, but looking at the Alluvion Famitsu article again, I think the Pet:TP Bonus actually might cap at +100. It's from Duskorb stones - hope that helps!

I have two augmented axes with Pet: TP Bonus 160 on each, so cap is higher than 100, not sure how much higher.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-04-08 12:05:40
Link | Citer | R

Cool, thanks for the additional testimonial. :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-04-09 15:14:53
Link | Citer | R

I'm looking to make a hybrid TP set. Most items will focus on the pet, but I want my BST to have enough accuracy to swing accurately in Difficult ratings.

So far, I'm trying to augment or perfect pet: accuracy on every Acro piece and my two Kumbhakarnas but that leaves myself relatively accuracy weak. Any insights or suggestions would help. All of my accessories are garbage. Suggestions on those would be even more appreciated.

ItemSet 334379

I'm sitting at about 815 accuracy. Hurch'lan sash would give an additional +15 acc, but I've yet to touch Delve. +108 from Shiro. I'd be resting at about 938, which I think is about 70 shy of Difficult rating.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-04-09 15:24:48
Link | Citer | R

What about durgai leggings?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-04-09 16:21:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I'm looking to make a hybrid TP set. Most items will focus on the pet, but I want my BST to have enough accuracy to swing accurately in Difficult ratings.

The only hybrid stat you will care about, if you want to make a hybrid set, is going to be Pet: dt-.

Pet's dps from attacking is garbage. Like, it's really bad. As such, that pet acc needs to be in your ready set. Like 99% of your pet's damage is going to come from spamming ready moves. Once you get that 10 second ready timer, it's like you are in a different world. Your pet will be using ready moves so often that it MIGHT swing once between ready moves.

But if you want a hybrid set, having pet dt- with acc for master is a really solid choice.

That's just my opinion though.

As an aside, if you find that both you and your pet need acc, Kerehcatl or whatever from the bee delve is a fantastic piece. I use it 99% of the time, because it's such a huge acc boost. Bee is probably one of the easiest delve's to beat, next to Tojil with a BST set up.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 175 176 177