Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 176 177 178
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-21 18:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Of the pet jobs, BST is the only one that is balanced between high damage and is sturdy. PUP is extremely sturdy, but horrible damage. SMN does high damage, but pets die easily.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Serveur: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-08-22 09:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Dray, are you missing ComEatMeBro?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Serveur: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-08-22 09:51:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Think the reasons BST is semi broken is because, BST can pretty much be a DD and a Tank at the same time. No other job can do that in the game. You can stay in Pet DT, and still do good damage because your damage is tied into your ready timer, not gaining TP. Plus, it takes tremendously bad luck for BST to die, or the BST was unprepared/did something stupid.

I don't want it nerfed. Just find it amusing how on one hand people are bragging about how good bst is, but when you mention it with nerf tied to it, people completely undersell it saying "it takes millions of gil/jps to be viable!"

Most people QQing about bst QQ because of the damage; and damage wise there are other thing more OP than bst at the moment
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-22 12:28:44
Link | Citer | R

for items like [Totemic jackcoat +1] the reward +22 is that +22% potency?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-22 12:35:05
Link | Citer | R

If only there was a seriously in-depth and phenomenally well-written guide that took a lot of time and effort to make, but was still free and easily accessible, that you could reference for that info.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-22 12:53:55
Link | Citer | R

actually i already did, i was just looking up other info and didnt edit that post yet. - But that aside, confirming a detail on a job iv never rly used before isnt such a horrific thing.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-22 12:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Think the reasons BST is semi broken is because, BST can pretty much be a DD and a Tank at the same time. No other job can do that in the game. You can stay in Pet DT, and still do good damage because your damage is tied into your ready timer, not gaining TP. Plus, it takes tremendously bad luck for BST to die, or the BST was unprepared/did something stupid.

I don't want it nerfed. Just find it amusing how on one hand people are bragging about how good bst is, but when you mention it with nerf tied to it, people completely undersell it saying "it takes millions of gil/jps to be viable!"

I challenge u go spend least amount of time and Gil on bst And do great damage. Then we can say it's overpowered
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-08-22 13:05:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ccl said: »

Most people QQing about bst QQ because of the damage; and damage wise there are other thing more OP than bst at the moment

Yes, but BST is incredibly safe to use and pretty flexible. And I love beast master, I've enjoyed it for a decade, but there's no coincidence that 50% of my server are BSTs right now.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-22 14:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Amy, I already have spent most of the gil. Having multiple sets of Taeon for pup. As for JP, BST is at least top two easiest/fastest jobs to do JPs on(did about 200 jp in a couple of hours with a BST on whm in Woh).

Think the damage QQing is more along the lines of things are not really melee friendly right now. So, sure things may do more damage than BST on high level content, but they will get either stomped or require a lot of support just to melee.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-08-22 15:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »

Yes, but BST is incredibly safe to use and pretty flexible. And I love beast master, I've enjoyed it for a decade, but there's no coincidence that 50% of my server are BSTs right now.

50% of all servers lol. I find it funny people are sending me hate PMs over BST, get real people.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-22 15:53:15
Link | Citer | R

Amy, I already have spent most of the gil. Having multiple sets of Taeon for pup. As for JP, BST is at least top two easiest/fastest jobs to do JPs on(did about 200 jp in a couple of hours with a BST on whm in Woh).

Think the damage QQing is more along the lines of things are not really melee friendly right now. So, sure things may do more damage than BST on high level content, but they will get either stomped or require a lot of support just to melee.

Stamos I'm not asking u to spend millions of Gil I'm asking to bring ur bst out there and see what a beginner bst can do. Then maybe you or other people might agree that bst does take a bit of work to be serviceable.

One month has passed and I still hadn't brought bst to any new content.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-22 16:06:38
Link | Citer | R

I'll do Legion with it soon enough for P Cloths :p
 Leviathan.Hyriu
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-08-22 16:26:40
Link | Citer | R

I can send you hate mail over notBSTs
By geigei 2015-08-22 17:36:44
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

One month has passed and I still hadn't brought bst to any new content.

I'm sorry, what? my 3 days bst does new content.
 Asura.Ccl
Serveur: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-08-22 20:34:01
Link | Citer | R

cor blms; geo and schs don't need to be in range to do damage.
By geigei 2015-08-23 16:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Pet pdt from gear won't cap at 50%?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-23 16:51:20
Link | Citer | R

No. Last I recall, Falkirk mentioned the pet DT caps at 87.5% and we currently can get up to 72% PDT.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-08-23 17:27:05
Link | Citer | R

Does call beast gear such as relic hands apply to the loyalty ability?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-08-23 19:30:45
Link | Citer | R

Gear that augments Call Beast works with Loyalty, yes. :)
By geigei 2015-08-24 07:03:16
Link | Citer | R

Fencer bonus work on pet? if not there's any reason NOT to dual wield?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-08-24 07:12:19
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Fencer bonus work on pet? if not there's any reason NOT to dual wield?

The master's Fencer bonus doesn't transfer to your pet, so there's no pet-related reason to ever single-wield.
[+]
By Beaztmaster 2015-08-24 18:34:16
Link | Citer | R

I love single wielding when playing with other BST as /WHM for support in events where my damage output is not critical to party success. Sometimes it's huge to be able to remove status ailments or raise someone, especially since not everyone keeps meds/items handy.
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-08-25 00:38:01
Link | Citer | R

It's mentioned in the first post to use Emicho Haubert Path D for "Physical Ready Moves" ...How do you know Path D?

I searched quite a bit and can't find Path augments for the new Abjuration gear. None seem to stand out...so the augments are a deciding factor for me. (So far, it looks like you can get better stats with close-to-perfect Skirmish augments on some pieces, like Emicho Haubert's Pet: MAB+21/DT-4%)
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-08-25 04:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
It's mentioned in the first post to use Emicho Haubert Path D for "Physical Ready Moves" ...How do you know Path D?

I searched quite a bit and can't find Path augments for the new Abjuration gear. None seem to stand out...so the augments are a deciding factor for me. (So far, it looks like you can get better stats with close-to-perfect Skirmish augments on some pieces, like Emicho Haubert's Pet: MAB+21/DT-4%)

The first post says to use Emicho Haubert for Magic-based Ready moves.

Path D is Pet:INT+15 for the NQ.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-25 06:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

To clarify this a bit, Beastmaster magic based ready moves do not have Dint values for damage like spells do. However, they do function the same for magic accuracy, where 1INT= 1M.acc until Dint > +10.

So essentially on anything worthwhile, this pieces gives 20MAB and 15M.acc. While you can get more MAB on Skirmish, it's kinda worthless when you might be getting resisted. This pieces gives you both, and that makes it great.
[+]
 Siren.Barber
Serveur: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2015-08-25 20:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Picture

Ok, so for the first time since I started running gearswap I went /thf. I got the messages on the screen in this screenshot. Basically, gearswap is putting in charmer's merlin to offhand before ready (good), putting in aymur for the ready (good) and switching to pdt axe after (good). What is potentially bad is the fact it is switching to pdt axe between charmers and aymur. I'm starting to question if I've ever readied in Aymur as the window seems really tight. I'm using the GS from here. Is this ok? Should I be re-reading my inputs? Timestamp included to show how tight the window is.
 Bismarck.Artanticos
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2015-08-25 20:42:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to ask a dumb question. from that lua gearswap, how do you do the ready commands so that it works for all pets?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-08-25 21:04:32
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Barber said: »
Picture

Ok, so for the first time since I started running gearswap I went /thf. I got the messages on the screen in this screenshot. Basically, gearswap is putting in charmer's merlin to offhand before ready (good), putting in aymur for the ready (good) and switching to pdt axe after (good). What is potentially bad is the fact it is switching to pdt axe between charmers and aymur. I'm starting to question if I've ever readied in Aymur as the window seems really tight. I'm using the GS from here. Is this ok? Should I be re-reading my inputs? Timestamp included to show how tight the window is.

I can't see the picture, but I think I understand what you're getting at...

Here's a way to double-check if the swaps are effective or not:

Unload gearswap, equip your magical Ready gearset and use Fireball or Cursed Sphere (or whatever) on a Wild Rabbit in West Ronfaure.
Load gearswap and use the same Ready move again on a Wild Rabbit. See whether or not the damage is the same.

---
The swaps happen very quickly (insanely fast, such that you can quickcast a spell and still swap to potency gear). But when it comes to pet_midcast there are some events that occur too quickly to react upon (PUP's automaton WSs come to mind).

Most Ready moves like Razor Fang will work fine, but Foot Kick and Sickle Slash will be hit-or-miss because they happen so fast.

Bismarck.Artanticos said: »
I'm going to ask a dumb question. from that lua gearswap, how do you do the ready commands so that it works for all pets?

Universal pet macros for the BST.lua.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-08-25 21:56:19
Link | Citer | R

I'll be keeping BST at 75 and curious what you think would be the best merit options for it considering less reliability on jugs.
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-08-25 23:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

Thank you sir!
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 176 177 178