Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 176 177 178
 Shiva.Xenorex
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-08-05 10:42:14
Link | Citer | R

Sweet two axes to macro in for spur.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-05 11:49:17
Link | Citer | R

Lol...

File this under ***we didn't want or need. Cracks me up, took it for laughs.

Cerberus.Avalon
Serveur: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-05 11:52:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Lol...

File this under ***we didn't want or need. Cracks me up, took it for laughs.

Nice - Auction House notices conveniently delivered to you anywhere you're adventuring.

Which fight offered those rewards?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-05 11:59:02
Link | Citer | R

Sovereign Reign. The Augments and loot pool is really random. I got what were definitively the best GEO feet in the game in my first pool and my GEO mule doesn't have access. Made me sad.

It's ilvl 130. It's taylor-made for a few BST + support to just wreck it upside-down. We went in blind as shittyPLD + COR/WHM + BST/NIN (without lua) + idris GEO/RDM and won 2/2 with 0 difficulty.

The reward 35 cracks me up so much though, because they obviously thought "we should make it competitive with 119 relic feet" But beast healer and more MND. Like...really? lol.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Serveur: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-05 12:15:27
Link | Citer | R

Sovereign Reign. The Augments and loot pool is really random. I got what were definitively the best GEO feet in the game in my first pool and my GEO mule doesn't have access. Made me sad.

It's ilvl 130. It's taylor-made for a few BST + support to just wreck it upside-down. We went in blind as shittyPLD + COR/WHM + BST/NIN (without lua) + idris GEO/RDM and won 2/2 with 0 difficulty.

The reward 35 cracks me up so much though, because they obviously thought "we should make it competitive with 119 relic feet" But beast healer and more MND. Like...really? lol.

That's cool. I'm anxious to check it out.

Speaking of the GEO feet.. do you remember what they were?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-05 12:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

That's cool. I'm anxious to check it out.

Speaking of the GEO feet.. do you remember what they were?

ib4 wrong thread.

Medium's Sabots
WHM, BLM, RDM, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO
DEF:66 HP+11 MP+20 STR+10 DEX+11
VIT+10 AGI+33 INT+17 MND+19 CHR+34
Magic Accuracy+25
Evasion+55 Magic Evasion+107
"Magic Def. Bonus"+6
Divine magic skill +15
Enfeebling magic skill +15
Handbell skill +5 Haste+3%
"Cure" potency +7%

Augmented with conserve mp +1, MND+4, something else dumb+number.
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-08-05 15:01:08
Link | Citer | R

What skillchains are bst doing just using there pets?

Our bst guide shows nothing except SCing with bora axe or one of your WS's.

Specifically I was looking to use Warlike Patrick and try out some Acumex in who gates (sp). What order of abilities would you use?
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-08-05 17:52:45
Link | Citer | R

cervelo84 said: »
What skillchains are bst doing just using there pets?

Our bst guide shows nothing except SCing with bora axe or one of your WS's.

Specifically I was looking to use Warlike Patrick and try out some Acumex in who gates (sp). What order of abilities would you use?

Warlikepatrick can make fusion
/bstpet 4 > /bstpet 1 = Fusion

He can also mb himself
Mb with /bstpet 2

Just make sure you time the mb correctly.
By cervelo84 2015-08-05 18:52:08
Link | Citer | R

Thats it! thx
By cervelo84 2015-08-05 19:24:18
Link | Citer | R

It's all about the magic accuracy! I use puppet roll and my gear is only +37 magic accuracy ( I am poor) and my maab is + 34 and I am NOT using food. Acuexs in Who gates are VT and I am MBing for 13k or 18k if I roll an 11 with Puppet roll. It is enough to kill :D my sic is 13 sec recast I think so I need to get 100 Job points.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2015-08-06 07:17:21
Link | Citer | R

New axe Skullgrinder is pretty sexy.
164/296 Spur+15/Haste+8/Da+5
R15 C adds DMG+15, Pet:Acc+20, Pet: Atk+20
R15 D adds DMG+15, Pet:Mab+15, Pet: Regen+2

3 x Escha+2 to cap, can be dual wielded. :D

Drops from Dverger T2 in new escha zone.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-08-07 07:49:19
Link | Citer | R

The 1200 Beast Job gift - "Increases familiar TP Bonus by 40" - this seems to imply the Familiar already had some type of TP Bonus boost, and this gift just increases it slightly?
[+]
 Shiva.Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-08-07 09:27:17
Link | Citer | R

Regarding familiar, I have noticed it makes no impact to your pets magic damage. Which is surprising, since you'd think adding 30 int (10 JP levels) to your pet you'd see some difference, but you will see zero difference. This also makes me conclude there is no tp bonus associated with familiar until you get to the 1200 bst job gift.

Frankly, I'm not sure if this was intended that int does not have any affect on pet's magic damage or if it is a bug.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-07 09:55:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Inx said: »

ACC20 ATT20 DA5 is nice, sorta like a Kerecahtl -1 with some DA, or an Arktoi with ACC, however you want to look at it. Unsure if it's worth 7.5m (on my server anyway) worth of +2 vs. just making a TP200 ACC25 DA5 Kumba.
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-08-07 11:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
The 1200 Beast Job gift - "Increases familiar TP Bonus by 40" - this seems to imply the Familiar already had some type of TP Bonus boost, and this gift just increases it slightly?
Thats how i read it as well. I kept thinking that our 1200 jp gift was a bit underwhelming, then i realized that i didnt recall that familiar already had a pet tp bonus.

One thing ive learned recently is to never take SE's posts as exact data. They can make mistakes too. So im going to hold my lack of enthusiasm for our 1200 until someone can fully test it out and post some results.

In regards to familiar jp effecting our pets magic damage. I thought this was proven already? What were your conditions when you were testing out the pet magic damage (pet, ready move, mob, gear, food, attempts, etc.)? Im curious to know how you came up with that conclusion. Admittedly, i usually always use familiar when using magic ready pets so im more interested to see if your theory has some basis.
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-08-07 12:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Inx said: »

ACC20 ATT20 DA5 is nice, sorta like a Kerecahtl -1 with some DA, or an Arktoi with ACC, however you want to look at it. Unsure if it's worth 7.5m (on my server anyway) worth of +2 vs. just making a TP200 ACC25 DA5 Kumba.

The new axes look nice but since they dont have TP200 on them doesn't that automatically rule them out?
 Shiva.Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-08-07 16:06:55
Link | Citer | R

I've noticed fighting acuex and any mob where I'm using cursed sphere or fireball on groups of them. Magic damage is rather straight forward. Once you tweak your MAB and MACC gear so you break the tier conditions the damage comes in the exact same except for the oddball resist. I'll be hitting for 9875 fireballs on 20 acuex in a row for example, then I'll pop familiar and hit for 9875. The exact same. So, I'm left thinking either INT does not affect pets magic damage, or there is a bug and the pet is not getting the INT, or I'm hitting some other kind of cap. I use Rolanberry daifuku for the MACC %, usually does the trick for MACC on anything VT and below, and then every other slot is MAB. My MAB is +138, and I have around 870 total tp bonus on my MAB kumbra axes plus Nuk hands.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-07 19:06:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xenorex said: »
I've noticed fighting acuex and any mob where I'm using cursed sphere or fireball on groups of them. Magic damage is rather straight forward. Once you tweak your MAB and MACC gear so you break the tier conditions the damage comes in the exact same except for the oddball resist. I'll be hitting for 9875 fireballs on 20 acuex in a row for example, then I'll pop familiar and hit for 9875. The exact same. So, I'm left thinking either INT does not affect pets magic damage, or there is a bug and the pet is not getting the INT, or I'm hitting some other kind of cap. I use Rolanberry daifuku for the MACC %, usually does the trick for MACC on anything VT and below, and then every other slot is MAB. My MAB is +138, and I have around 870 total tp bonus on my MAB kumbra axes plus Nuk hands.

As I understand it, the reason that INT affects magic damage is because of how dInt figures into base magic damage. I would assume that if adding Int doesn't adjust damage at all, there are only two possibilities. A. dInt has an incredibly low cap, which is very unlikely. B. Base magic damage on ready moves has a fixed value that doesn't behave like spells. This is the more likely.

The only way I could figure to test it would be to somehow lower pet Int without adjusting ANY other stat, or by testing that ***in PvP using extremely low int and extremely high int, and doing enough testing to make sure that your results aren't just because your magic accuracy is going to ***with low Int.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that Falkirk or someone has already tested it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Saylor
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Camolle
By Quetzalcoatl.Saylor 2015-08-07 20:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xenorex said: »

Falkirk's testing is on page 15. There you will see the Int boost from familiar does not affect damage directly, however it does decrease the chance your magic ready move will resist because of dInt.
[+]
By jopa 2015-08-07 21:10:04
Link | Citer | R

All job points and gifts say "increase(s)" even if it adds an effect that wasn't there at first.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-08 00:10:23
Link | Citer | R

I come bearing glad tidings. NQ my Hexed Gauntlets -1 which made me sad, but then this.

A: HP50 STR10 ATT15
B: HP50 DEX10 ACC15
C: Pet: (ACC15 ATT15 DA3) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D: ACC20 DW5 Pet: ACC20

Abjuration drops from Bia T1 Escha 2 NM. Easy as pie. Enjoy.
 Shiva.Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-08-08 15:47:51
Link | Citer | R

ACC15 ATT15 DA3

Hey not bad 35 pet attack is great, but hands slot is taken by the tp bonus Nuk gloves, hopefully the same 35 pet attack can be achieved on the other slots.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-08 15:52:58
Link | Citer | R

Since it is a C, the whole set has that augment.
 Siren.Barber
Serveur: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2015-08-08 16:19:42
Link | Citer | R

If that is the case the head will have 35 att/15 acc/3 DA, the body will have 15 att/15 acc/3 DA, legs will be same as body with 3 extra crit and DA, and feet will be same as body with extra regen.

Head looks like the best piece. Also, is there any chance the set bonus for the +1 (enhance double attack) is talking about the pet rather than the master? I wouldn't think so but I'm not a historian on pet gear formatting.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-08 16:21:23
Link | Citer | R

It is the case. Just uncursed head as well and A, B, C are the same.

D is ATT20 STP6 Pet: STR+15
 Shiva.Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-08-08 16:48:05
Link | Citer | R

not terrible, but a little disappointing body is only 3 DA better than a Mirke, which we've had for years. And now get legs and feet equivalents to Mirke body. I'll probably stick with acro except for head.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-08 17:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, though the D: paths have been interesting. Unfortunately I'm like 0/30 on haubert -1 so I don't have one of those to try, and no access to hose. Will be uncursing feet tonight hopefully so we'll see D path on those soon.
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
user: kyahaha
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2015-08-10 03:19:09
Link | Citer | R

hello my fellow bst brothers, i was wondering if theres a list of pet sc??

cause from the main page theres only the sc list for master and pet, but i was wondering if it has for multiple pets?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-10 06:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Emicho Gambieras (feet)
D: ATT20 Subtle Blow 4 Pet: ATT25

Oh well, still a good pet.idle piece. I am completely whelmed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-10 07:17:07
Link | Citer | R

jopa said: »
All job points and gifts say "increase(s)" even if it adds an effect that wasn't there at first.

Does this mean 40 or 400? Cause 40 when we tp at 1000 is very low lol
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 176 177 178