The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 80 81 82
 Carbuncle.Conini
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2015-09-06 17:39:14
Link | Citer | R

Unlocking Rudra's/Pyrrhic should be first on the list~ those are the dancer's main weaponskills

Once you finish your stories, making gil will be easier (if that's a problem); have you done your Rhapsodies of Vana'diel to the highest point possible? It's either Rhapsody in Umber of Rhapsody in Azure (permanent KI) that allows you to spam salvage/dynamis every hour...

Anyways...

Taeon gear is only as strong as you make it which equivalates to dumping massive amounts of gil into the armor unless you're incredibly lucky

So I would say the priority list would look something like...

.Rudra's/Pyrrhic
.AF119 (farming sparks is somewhat mindlessly easy to do nowadays for ch. 1-10, could make groups for it too)
.Delve wins (Gear/Accessories)

Eminent + Homestead really aren't bad daggers for their level... but yeah, Izhiikoh (Foret De Hennetiel delve) and an Atoyac aug'd with OaT will last for quite awhile until you get into all the skirmish nonsense... but, I would say stay away from augmenting at this early in the game for you <___< it's such random horseshit that you shouldn't focus on until you're done with stories and have a steady income of gil

Thank you for focusing on your stories btw, that's definitely the best thing atm lol
By Ulthakptah 2015-09-07 13:22:06
Link | Citer | R

I have a question about how often dnc should use steps. Should they be used as quick as possible to stack debuffs on the mobs or are they more of just something you do to get finishing moves?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-07 19:40:09
Link | Citer | R

Ulthakptah said: »
I have a question about how often dnc should use steps. Should they be used as quick as possible to stack debuffs on the mobs or are they more of just something you do to get finishing moves?

Depends on the situation. By and large, I'd say that you should precharge Presto when possible and stack them with other JAs or in dead battle time. For instance:
* If you're waiting for a fight to start then you should have Presto up so you can get a level 2 Box Step off immediately.
* If your skillchain partner is getting TP a little slowly and you need to kill some time, use another step or Presto Step.
* If you're waiting for the monster to TP (because it has an amnesia/terror/stun/knockback+bind move and you don't want it to block your skillchain) or phase change and you have extra TP, use a Step.

Any time that you don't need more TP and you aren't in the middle of a skillchain, you might as well get to steppin. Whether or not you already have capped FMs should play into it to some extent, but you shouldn't really be spending that much time with capped FMs if you're only stepping in the above situations.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2015-09-11 13:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Quick question, does anyone know why Wanion is being out preformed by the fotia belt for a terp wielder? I am not sure if my spreadsheet is broken.

Photobucket isn't working x.x

Nevermind! I found out that I set the wrong weaponskill ^^;
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-11 13:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Pyrrhic Kleos's fTP replicates across all the hits now, so Foetia belt/gorget are generally going to be your best options.
[+]
By Bamboom 2015-09-12 11:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, I was just wondering how Dnc is at soloing endgame content or high tier battle fields?
 Asura.Hoturi
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoturi
By Asura.Hoturi 2015-09-14 20:05:26
Link | Citer | R

It can solo, not as well as BST though. I don't think it would be able to do any HTBFs above difficult even in really good gear. Still worth pursuing if you want.

Well for non-solo, I've heard people have been using DNC for Sinister Reign because it can reach the required accuracy caps and keep itself alive.
By Bamboom 2015-09-14 20:15:07
Link | Citer | R

Nice! I was thinking normal difficulty or below just so I can 119 my gear or farm drops even if it will take longer. I just don't have much playtime and Dnc seemed like a solid versatile job to get things done
 Carbuncle.Skudo
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-09-16 02:47:48
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Resolved issues
* The issue wherein the potency of "Waltz" effects receive attribute would not activate when the "Waltz" potency effect attribute was at its maximum value.

\o/

On another note: ternion dagger and ternion dagger +1. Just a few months late.

More once I've looked at the .dat mining results...
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-16 02:55:48
Link | Citer | R

Ternion+1 is not THAT bad.
If you already have it it's a decent offhand.
Of course there are clearly better options and if you already have those you can ***on Ternion, but for everybody else it's a decent and viable offhand option.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-09-16 03:55:55
Link | Citer | R

It's not that bad; hence "a few months late". For what it's worth, whoever has actually cared even just a little bit about loldnc probably has something better by now.
By Bamboom 2015-09-16 04:36:42
Link | Citer | R

what augs would be best for ipetam? I doubt I'll have access to the shark dagger anytime soon :(
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-09-16 23:47:46
Link | Citer | R

First things first: Spreadsheet! https://goo.gl/tk10gx

I think there's no "outstanding" piece of gear in this update; it's all small upgrades over what's available already. The "bad" part however is that the new things are in addition to the previous update (which was mostly Adhemar, to be fair), so we still have to farm whatever we needed from last update.

(Aside: Whatever SE does, it's wrong! Obsolete gear the very update after and we QQ for obvious reasons. Don't obsolete gear the very update after and we still QQ, because we have to play existing content still!)

Bamboom said: »
what augs would be best for ipetam? I doubt I'll have access to the shark dagger anytime soon :(

Accuracy/Attack+15, something capped on the Leaf- slot, DMG+16.

I reckon that for the (combined) price of one Snowslit Stone +2, one Leafslit Stone +2, and one Duskslit Stone +2, you can bribe people into doing Dakuwaqa with you though. If those shouts happen on your server, a Ternion Dagger +1 (Mephitas UNM, Garlaige Citadel) might be more attainable to you, too. Sure, there's better stuff out there, but I don't know if dumping what's potentially a LOT of $$$ into Ipetam is worth it, especially when playtime and hence $$$ making time is limited.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-09-20 18:24:03
Link | Citer | R

accidentally got the 550 jp gift oops
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-20 20:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I capped out this morning. I haven't gotten much of a chance to use 9 FMs yet, but I'm interested in the possibilities.
[+]
By Bamboom 2015-09-21 11:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys which salvage zone would be best to farm as Dnc? I'm loving the hourly dynamis entry for farming gear but it seems like Alex is the best thing to farm nowadays. I have never done it before so not sure what to expect.

Also I'm going to skip ipetam and try to get some help with the shark as you guys suggested. Would the same be true for Taeon gear? Can I skip it in place of other gear?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-09-21 11:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
accidentally got the 550 jp gift oops

Come on, man; min/maxing doesn't matter at this point. The impact of the 550 JP gift is a funny data point but *** it, go for the finish line.

Hey guys which salvage zone would be best to farm as Dnc? I'm loving the hourly dynamis entry for farming gear but it seems like Alex is the best thing to farm nowadays. I have never done it before so not sure what to expect.

Arrapago II is the easiest but you're limited to once a day. Zhayolm II is pretty DNC-friendly: the main source of difficulty there is the armor unlocks are way at the end, a problem Fan Dance allows DNC to mitigate.

Quote:
Would the same be true for Taeon gear? Can I skip it in place of other gear?

What improvements on Taeon exist are going to be tough if you're having a hard time getting a shark clear. Just stick with Taeon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2015-09-23 10:06:21
Link | Citer | R

As an aside:

I just recently hit the 100 JP gift for DNC, and have been playing around with my newly enhanced abilities. I was fighting Arke with some friends to try and get a WHM the staff he drops. When the fight opened, I ate some Tuna Sushi, opened with a Prestoed Box Step and then a Quickstep and another Box Step to get my FMs maxed. Then I hit Rudra's -> Reverse -> Climactic -> Rudra's. The WS hit for around 8k each, and the Darkness thwapped him for 14k. HP went from 90% to 40% in one blow (of course, he used Benediction right after that, but still). The other members of my party were all "How in the heck did you do that?"

The many subtle joys of being a well-geared and practiced Dancer. *laughs*
By Wordspoken 2015-09-23 18:42:49
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »

Arrapago II is the easiest but you're limited to once a day. Zhayolm II is pretty DNC-friendly: the main source of difficulty there is the armor unlocks are way at the end, a problem Fan Dance allows DNC to mitigate.
I spammed BRII with DNC while building my mythic. Boss is a pushover, 5 min fight though, 2-3 if sp2 shenanigans. This was with mediocre gear too. A bit of choice here, try both zones and see which suits you better, I'd say.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-25 21:57:41
Link | Citer | R

I managed to get a perfect Dampening Tam yesterday, but other perfect Sinister Reign augments for DNC continue to evade me.

My Samnuha Tights (STR+9, DEX+8, DA/TA+2) are probably 1 off perfect, but perfect ones are useful for TP while these are kinda not. Same story with Taming Sari (D+14, STR+9, DEX+8), except that it's definitely worthwhile for TP even though it isn't perfect. I still only have FC+1 Leyline Gloves, but they're at least worth using.
 Bahamut.Cdubs
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cdublov
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2015-09-25 23:37:18
Link | Citer | R

Also I'm going to skip ipetam and try to get some help with the shark as you guys suggested. Would the same be true for Taeon gear? Can I skip it in place of other gear?

I would still say, unless people just aren't buying it, dynamis is still the best way to make gil if you can withstand the mind numbing procs over and over and over and over............
By Bamboom 2015-09-25 23:56:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Cdubs said: »

I would still say, unless people just aren't buying it, dynamis is still the best way to make gil if you can withstand the mind numbing procs over and over and over and over............

Is dynamis a lot better than alex? I heard it's hard to get the dynamis currency to sell as opposed to alex but I'm not sure how true that is :/
 Bahamut.Cdubs
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cdublov
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2015-09-25 23:59:36
Link | Citer | R

Is dynamis a lot better than alex? I heard it's hard to get the dynamis currency to sell as opposed to alex but I'm not sure how true that is :/

I dunno, I dont farm either anymore but probably over a year ago, could pull 500-600 currency from a dreamlands easy.
By Bamboom 2015-09-26 00:05:36
Link | Citer | R

Ah kk, I'll give it a shot just to see how it is. I should probably level my thief for dynamis but I feel like going dnc would make it less boring @.@ Also is there a good place to farm capacity points solo?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-26 23:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Spent another 200k Bayld in Sinister Reign to no effect.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-09-27 11:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Boohoohoo, 0/450-ish capped Sari. At least that was the last count quite a while ago.

Ah kk, I'll give it a shot just to see how it is. I should probably level my thief for dynamis but I feel like going dnc would make it less boring @.@ Also is there a good place to farm capacity points solo?

Solo (or with Trust NPCs), you can just hop into either Escha zone, if you want easy but not so fast CP, or you can go to either Gates zone to kill level 121-123 mobs for faster, but possibly more difficult CP. I used to do Soundsplitter Bats in Woh Gates II (F-10, or so), but that camp might be taken more often than not.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-09-27 12:21:42
Link | Citer | R

I dunno, I dont farm either anymore but probably over a year ago, could pull 500-600 currency from a dreamlands easy.

That wasn't what he asked.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-28 13:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
My Samnuha Tights (STR+9, DEX+8, DA/TA+2) are probably 1 off perfect, but perfect ones are useful for TP while these are kinda not.

FWIW, my Samnuha Tights are slightly better (STR+8, DEX+9, DA+3, TA+2) so it seems there's another step below perfect augs. Does seem like there are common "steps" on augments though with several levels of augment possibilities with consistent mix of stats.

I'm not sure why you're saying either of those near max choices would not be useful for TP though: what alternative are you using?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-28 13:41:31
Link | Citer | R

20 acc/atk, 2% TA, 7str/dex taeon.

I got slightly better Leyline gloves last night!

Also, the 200k bayld was just since the last marginal upgrade. I am legitimately doing coalition crap again because SR is draining my bayld so hard.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-28 14:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
20 acc/atk, 2% TA, 7str/dex taeon.

Is that specifically for Terps thanks to devalued multi-attack? I was under the impression that for Sari/Sari, Samnuha with max/near max augments would be better for TP.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 80 81 82