Ebola Patient Coming To U.S.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 42 43 44
By fonewear 2014-10-17 10:36:24
Link | Citer | R

I imagine it would look like this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-17 10:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
You just might say the thread.... contracted Ebola.

*shades*

Do we have a nurse on the forums for a scapegoat?

Nope. But us Obama zealots are all lord Nausi needs to stroke his member in public.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 10:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Dallas nurse Briana Aguirre on Today Show

Quote:
Aguirre did take care of Pham, the first of two nurses who contracted Ebola while caring for Duncan. Aguirre said she was shocked by the insufficient protective gear she was provided. The hospital provided gloves, protective gowns and a mask but a gap of several inches around her neck was left exposed.

“I’ll be honest, I threw a fit. I just couldn’t believe it,” she said. “In the second week of an Ebola crisis at my hospital, the only gear they were offering us at that time, and up until that time, is gear that is allowing our necks to be uncovered?”

She said she asked several infectious disease nurses and CDC officials about the suits but never got a response.
Oh wow, I wasn't aware that one could contract this thing via some skin on their neck, oh wait: they can't. Unless they have an open wound in which case they shouldn't be working in that setting in the first place. Their concerns are fine to say and repeat, but it doesn't make them legitimate in the first place, same with this garbage from these union leaders.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 10:44:17
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

I would love to see you explain that to the police. Seriously I would. Where are you? I'll head your way today.

The negligent transfer of a known ID has brought the charges in other cases (usually HIV), but purposeful would come into the realm of premeditated, which comes with conspiracy to murder charges (depending on area). Keep with your posturing, you've already proven yourself to be immature like that of a ranting child, flail away.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 10:50:59
Link | Citer | R

you fail at the quote train sir, or that'd be funnier.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-17 10:51:50
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Everyone coming from south america is automatically an illegal? Sounds quite racist to me.

Strawman!

Oops Jet called me a hypocrite, I'm ROFLing as we speak. I'm not canceling my plans so you don't have to get my strep. Call me a selfish *** if you must, but otherwise prepare yourself, take your "cold ease", and bring your hand sanitizer. You don't have the right to quarantine me for something as trivial as a strep, and my proximity to you on a plane places you in no mortal danger. Feel entitled to sue me if you must, but you're gonna end up *** off.

You can laugh all you want but it couldn't be more accurate.

That makes you selfish and a ***, but if I did manage to catch something from you and could prove it was due to your negligence I could sue you, 'Murica. (Doubt it though, as I never get sick, as well I'm not an idiot, and wash my hands, etc).

Strep can kill you, but then again I don't expect you to comprehend that.

I really hope I can actually meet you one day Jet, I'll sneeze all over you just to watch you freak out.

Sunlight can kill you also, so can the over consumption of water. Doesn't mean we all run out to sue the restaurant that served it to us...

I'll have you charged with attempted murder and assault but thankfully I'll never go anywhere near your crazy republitard ***.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-17 10:52:24
Link | Citer | R

I gave it a [+], At least I'm a generous ***.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-17 10:53:46
Link | Citer | R

I would love to see you explain that to the police. Seriously I would. Where are you? I'll head your way today.

The negligent transfer of a known ID has brought the charges in other cases (usually HIV), but purposeful would come into the realm of premeditated, which comes with conspiracy to murder charges (depending on area). Keep with your posturing, you've already proven yourself to be immature like that of a ranting child, flail away.
This is fun.

How would you prove I intentionally sneezed on you with the intent of harming you?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-17 10:56:15
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Dallas nurse Briana Aguirre on Today Show

Quote:
Aguirre did take care of Pham, the first of two nurses who contracted Ebola while caring for Duncan. Aguirre said she was shocked by the insufficient protective gear she was provided. The hospital provided gloves, protective gowns and a mask but a gap of several inches around her neck was left exposed.

“I’ll be honest, I threw a fit. I just couldn’t believe it,” she said. “In the second week of an Ebola crisis at my hospital, the only gear they were offering us at that time, and up until that time, is gear that is allowing our necks to be uncovered?”

She said she asked several infectious disease nurses and CDC officials about the suits but never got a response.
Oh wow, I wasn't aware that one could contract this thing via some skin on their neck, oh wait: they can't. Unless they have an open wound in which case they shouldn't be working in that setting in the first place. Their concerns are fine to say and repeat, but it doesn't make them legitimate in the first place, same with this garbage from these union leaders.

I believe it can be absorbed into the body via skin pores.
Pretty sure if you have even a scratch on your neck, that's plenty.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-17 11:01:24
Link | Citer | R

No no it doesn't matter. Who cares if it's a healthcare professional criticising the CDC and hospital. The nurse is always at fault. That's the mentality sooner pic these posters are perpetuating.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Serveur: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 11:03:44
Link | Citer | R

No no it doesn't matter. Who cares if it's a healthcare professional criticising the CDC and hospital. The nurse is always at fault. That's the mentality sooner pic these posters are perpetuating.

She's at fault for traveling with it.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 11:03:55
Link | Citer | R

This is fun.

How would you prove I intentionally sneezed on you with the intent of harming you?

Man you're dense.
By wormfeeder 2014-10-17 11:04:26
Link | Citer | R

Geeze our idiot in chief picked someone to be the "Ebola czar" and he has no medical experience what so ever. When are you Obama supporters going to wake up to the fact that he has no clue what so ever about what it is to be a leader.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-17 11:06:08
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
The CDC told her she could travel.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 11:08:37
Link | Citer | R

The CDC told her she could travel.

Yeah. I've already said earlier that if they did, those individuals are wrong too, but she shouldn't have even had to consult them.

It's layers upon layers of mistakes, errors in judgment, and poor planning. Some excusable, some not.

I'm not saying put her to death, or that she even can't be forgiven for having traveled, but strictly speaking, she should have had the common sense to have stayed the *** put. Same for the twits on the cruise. They're a bit less forgivable, since they already saw what was unfolding otherwise and still inappropriately went on with their plans.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 11:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Yes, she is.

No, a scratch isn't enough unless it's open, nor can you get it through your pores (unless you're soaked in the *** (literally), but even that is such a remote possibility...

If you have a scratch or any wound that protective clothing doesn't cover most standard practice is to have it covered with a bandage when you're around sick patients, at least the little backwoods hospital I've worked at.

So, again: people are freaking out and think you need a damn hazmat suit, when you don't (as long as you adhere to standard policies and procedures).

However (interestingly enough) apparently a lot of hospitals aren't legally able handle the waste generated by an ebola patient because it counts as infected waste (once it reaches a certain volume) and at least in VA it's illegal to ship unless sealed properly, hopefully the CDC can at least pitch in there and supply to the hospitals as needed (if not just you know, move the patients, which of the 2 still alive they've already done).
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 11:10:50
Link | Citer | R

The CDC didn't tell her she could not travel.
ftfy, still her fault.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-17 11:16:29
Link | Citer | R

wormfeeder said: »
Geeze our idiot in chief picked someone to be the "Ebola czar" and he has no medical experience what so ever. When are you Obama supporters going to wake up to the fact that he has no clue what so ever about what it is to be a leader.

We get an Ebola czar before a Diabetes czar. Hilarious.

Totally wish someone made a game where you got to be the POTUS. I'd have crime at 0, full employment, racial divides mended and the environment fixed.

I'd also have no planet Earth because I'd have started nuclear war with Putin, China and Iran.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 11:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Don't you know that diabetes is only caused by your own indulgence and you deserve it?
[+]
By wormfeeder 2014-10-17 11:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Don't you know that diabetes is only caused by your own indulgence and you deserve it?

Actually you are only partially right Ramirez.some people were just unlucky.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-17 11:22:31
Link | Citer | R

Nothing to do with processed food or capitalism, nope.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-17 11:22:55
Link | Citer | R

SHOULDA MADE BETTER CHOICES.
[+]
By wormfeeder 2014-10-17 11:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Sparthosx. This is the reason why people around the world laugh at the citizens of the USA. Because keep letting our government make bad decisions while not speaking up or just ignoring the problems.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 11:26:01
Link | Citer | R

Sparthosx. This is the reason why people around the world laugh at the citizens of the USA. Because keep letting our government make bad decisions while not speaking up or just ignoring the problems.
This might be a better case for the reason people around the world laugh at some of us.

What's funnier is that you think everyone here that isn't supporting the mass panic that certain people want to perpetrate are Obama supporters, I'm rolling.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 11:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Or even, you know, the fact that there's more than one type of diabetes*, one of which you have literally zero control over contracting.

Technically there are more than two, also, but since diabetes mellitus is what 99.9% of people know about and get treatment for, and diabetes insipidus is entirely unrelated, we'll leave it at discussing DM.
By wormfeeder 2014-10-17 11:27:47
Link | Citer | R

I said nothing about mass panic. Never assume.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 11:29:03
Link | Citer | R

That may be the case for some folks, but I've found that in speaking to people from other countries, they more frequently laugh at the US for having no clue about what's going on in the world, or assuming that the world centers around the US when, in fact, most of them give about as much of a *** about the US as you give about their country you may or may not be able to locate on the map. (Not you specifically, "you" as in average American).

Or for our food.

Actually, most of the grief I get from European friends is about our food.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 11:29:15
Link | Citer | R

There's 2apparently 3 main forms of:

Quote:
Types of Diabetes
Although there are three main types of diabetes, there is also a stage before diabetes called pre-diabetes. Pre-diabetes, also known as Impaired glucose tolerance is a condition where your Blood sugar level elevates to a level higher than the normal range for most people, but is still low enough not to be considered diabetes.

People who have pre-diabetes are at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes later in life if they do not monitor their condition carefully.

People who have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes can help keep from progressing to a full blown diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes by watching their weight, exercising and eating the right foods.
The first main type of diabetes is Type 1 diabetes, an Autoimmune disease where the pancreas produces very little insulin or no insulin at all. People who get Type 1 diabetes are usually under the age of 20, usually presenting itself when the person is a child or young adult.

Some scientists believe that Type 1 diabetes is a genetic condition where the cells of the Pancreas are attacked and then stop functioning. Others feel the disease may be caused by a virus that prompt the immune system to begin attacking the pancreas.

Because the pancreas cells that produce Insulin are destroyed, people who develop Type 1 diabetes will have the disease for life and will need treatment in the form of insulin shots or an insulin pump.

In addition to insulin therapy, exercise and careful attention to diet is necessary to prevent fluctuations of blood sugar.
Type 2 diabetes is normally found in people who are overweight as they get older. Although it is sometimes called adult onset diabetes, in some country, such as the United States, more children and young adults are being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes because they are not getting enough activity.

About 90 percent of all cases of diabetes are Type 2 diabetes. The difference between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes is that with Type 2 diabetes the pancreas does not produce enough insulin or the body does not properly use the it.

Type 2 diabetes is sometimes considered a lifestyle disease because it is normally triggered by living a fairly sedentary life, being overweight and not participating in exercise. However, age is a factor as well as heredity. If a parent or sibling develops Type 2 diabetes later in life, a person has greater chances to getting Type 2 diabetes as well.
The third main type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which is a condition that women can get when they are in the second trimester of pregnancy. About 4 percent of all pregnant women will develop gestational diabetes. Unlike Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes will disappear after the baby is born.

When a woman has an occurrence of gestational diabetes during pregnancy, she is more likely to have it again in the next pregnancy and puts the woman at a higher risk of developing Type 2 diabetes later in life. The older a woman is when she is pregnant, the higher the risk of developing gestational diabetes during pregnancy.

http://www.diabetes-info.co.uk/what-is-diabetes/types-of-diabetes.html

(I find it mildly amusing that this isn't a US site).
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 42 43 44