Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online

You must be logged in to do that.

Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 327 328 329 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-24 20:07:08
Link | Citer | R

It wasn't struck down, I think Obama will approve it on his own, Congress was just trying to look important. Their approval isn't required.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 20:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Temporary work, that's the crux of the Obama administration.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-24 21:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
>.> man that is riddled with spelling mistakes.

/neurotic tick before Onorgul goes nuts.
I really don't comment on typos often. Not nearly as often as I could. It just eventually hits a critical mass and I have to say something.

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
All the oil passing through the pipeline should and would be taxed. It would be huge revenue indefinitely.
Is revenue the only goal? A fair bit of research suggests that the material being passed through the pipeline would be rather dangerous in the event of basically anything happening. And there's a lot to suggest that the profits associated with the pipeline have been rather over-estimated. I know the benefits of fracking here in Ohio and Pennsylvania have turned out WAY below what the oil companies told us they'd be.

Money, as far as most of us are concerned, is a largely imaginary concept. Even if the Keystone pipeline could do what its proponents promise, which I very much doubt, who is really going to get that money? Maybe a couple dozen executives and some trickle down to their investors, a couple contracts for the construction crews, a handful of maintenance jobs... in terms of impact for the average American, it's inconsequential. Why should I worry about producing revenue for an industry that is actively blocking its competition and has a long history of, shall we say, loose interpretations of planetary stewardship?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-24 21:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

i say solar panels because the left wing lunatics that want to cut off all fossil furks poste hadte and immediately transition to 100% renewable do not chip in right here, right now buy purchading solar panels or ekectric cars.
Who on here has made that argument?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 21:25:33
Link | Citer | R

So giant hamster wheel then?
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-24 21:29:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I've said it before, if I could get a bicycle-type generator that'd let me sit at my computer and watch videos of kittens on YouTube (actually, I watch science and video game videos, but whatever) for "free," I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I don't get why people think that alternative energy sources are something to be reviled. If I could afford to install solar panels and owned the building I live in (I don't, I rent an apartment), I'd do that, too. What's so laudable about giving a massive energy conglomerate more of my sweat, blood, and tears?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 21:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Currently I pay dirt cheap prices for natural gas from Gazprom. They have an abundant source. (800 dinara per month ~ $8/month during winter)

What exactly is my incentive to purchase expensive batteries and solar panels?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-24 21:36:55
Link | Citer | R

Guilty verdict, Life Sentence. That didn't take long. Bad movie, but at least justice was served.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-24 21:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura go head to head on 9/11 attacks, censorship of the internet, invasion of Iraq, Jesse says initial invasion of Iraq was a mistake, hypothetical conversation, if the US was invaded by another country.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-24 21:52:48
Link | Citer | R

Giving a damn about the day after tomorrow?

***, there I go alluding to a right-wing philosopher again.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-24 22:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura go head to head on 9/11 attacks, censorship of the internet, invasion of Iraq, Jesse says initial invasion of Iraq was a mistake, hypothetical conversation, if the US was invaded by another country.
YouTube Video Placeholder

What an interview, we should've never even entered iraq, if any bombs should of dropped or invasion taken place, like we did in afghanistan or iraq, it should of been saudia arabia. What back stabbing " allies" America has when we do our enemies dirty work by taking out there competition. Enough is enough, a change is going to come.
By fonewear 2015-02-24 22:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Only if the hamster is feed non GMO hamster food !
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-24 22:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, we knew that 10 years ago.
By fonewear 2015-02-24 22:11:12
Link | Citer | R

9/11 was an inside job by *** Cheney !
By fonewear 2015-02-24 22:14:05
Link | Citer | R

Currently I pay dirt cheap prices for natural gas from Gazprom. They have an abundant source. (800 dinara per month ~ $8/month during winter)

Solar panels will make you a target for criminals you'd have to be one of those rich environmentalist to afford them !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 22:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »

Giving a damn about what the day after tomorrow?

That all of Russia's natural gas deposits aren't depleted? Very unlikely.

Ample supply of gas in reserves? They have got plenty.

Price? Can't be beaten.

So exactly what then, CO2?

According to the EIA, natural gas releases the fewest particles of CO2 compared to all other sources.
http://www.eia.gov/environment/emissions/co2_vol_mass.cfm
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-24 22:26:51
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity, when do you buy laundry detergent? Do you keep an eye on when it goes on sale and you know you're likely to run out within the month, or are you like most people and frantically scrambling to get a new bottle halfway through loading the washer?

It makes the most sense for you, personally, today, to rely on natural gas. For the species as a whole, less so. Especially because as we seek more sources of natural gas, we run a really nasty risk of unleashing one of the many massive underground deposits of carbon dioxide. Of course, there are risks involved with acquiring and manufacturing the rare earths needed for solar cells. Assuming that tomorrow will be the same as today, though, is a pretty huge gamble to bet on.

I don't feel like doing any looking around, but I'd be curious to know if there are other viable uses for natural gas besides heating your home. I will admit that if I live long enough that we lose flame-based stovetops, I'll cry a small tear as electric coils are just not the same.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-24 22:29:36
Link | Citer | R

I'd shed a tear if I ever care about anything !

Nihilism all the cool kids are doing it !

While people are busy trying to save the world I'll watch it burn.
 Bahamut.Omael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-02-24 22:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Some cars run on liquified natural gas. You won't find many of them in America, though.
[+]
By Altsmithra 2015-02-24 22:34:43
Link | Citer | R

Giving a damn about what the day after tomorrow?

Price? Can't be beaten.

So exactly what then, CO2?

According to the EIA, natural gas releases the fewest particles of CO2 compared to all other sources.
http://www.eia.gov/environment/emissions/co2_vol_mass.cfm

Forcing people to think outside the black and white, yes and no world they have so willingly fallen victim too. Be prepared for more posts like this.

Out of curiosity, when do you buy laundry detergent? Do you keep an eye on when it goes on sale and you know you're likely to run out within the month, or are you like most people and frantically scrambling to get a new bottle halfway through loading the washer?

It makes the most sense for you, personally, today, to rely on natural gas. For the species as a whole, less so. Especially because as we seek more sources of natural gas, we run a really nasty risk of unleashing one of the many massive underground deposits of carbon dioxide. Of course, there are risks involved with acquiring and manufacturing the rare earths needed for solar cells. Assuming that tomorrow will be the same as today, though, is a pretty huge gamble to bet on.

I don't feel like doing any looking around, but I'd be curious to know if there are other viable uses for natural gas besides heating your home. I will admit that if I live long enough that we lose flame-based stovetops, I'll cry a small tear as electric coils are just not the same.
By fonewear 2015-02-24 22:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Nevermind the fact that 45% all the electricity in the US is produced from coal.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 22:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Laundry detergent is sold in units of 3kg (~6.6 lbs) here and is shared between 4-6 people. So when that sack is down to ~200 grams, at least 2 people end up buying another 3kg sack for 250 dinara (~$2.50).

Basically we have about ~8kg of laundry detergent now, and whenever the supply run lows, multiple people buy a sack, continuing the ample supply of detergent.
By fonewear 2015-02-24 22:42:27
Link | Citer | R

You can put up your solar panels if it makes you feel good. The amount of time it would take to save you in energy cost you may live long enough to see. Maybe.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-24 23:08:37
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
You can put up your solar panels if it makes you feel good. The amount of time it would take to save you in energy cost you may live long enough to see. Maybe.
Oh, right, my life is the only one that matters. My grandkids may freeze to death, assuming they haven't caught measles or some other formerly eradicated plague, but as long as I'm comfortable, I'm morally and ethically right.

ample supply
Oh, good, I was afraid you'd actually get the point of what I was saying. Thanks for meeting my expectations.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 23:17:23
Link | Citer | R

ample supply
Oh, good, I was afraid you'd actually get the point of what I was saying. Thanks for meeting my expectations.
No problemo bro.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-24 23:20:57
Link | Citer | R

I am all for solar panels. I looked into getting them installed on or near my house when I replace my roof in the next couple years. It was going to cost a fortune, at least 9 grand, and I would still be on the grid. It is just too expensive now. I have replaced all of my light bulbs with LEDs. The price was reasonable when I bought a lot of them and the light is actually really good. Not like those CFL pieces of crap that they tried to force everyone to buy. I like many other people will go "green" when it makes sense in my wallet. Trying to force our entire economy away from fossil fuels when the technology to replace them is too expensive and inefficient is a national disaster.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-24 23:22:23
Link | Citer | R

That was my point. I'm not against alternative/green energy but the idea that we can save the planet with solar panels and wind energy is laughable.

Captain Planet level of absurd !
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-24 23:34:41
Link | Citer | R

Nuclear is cheap and would supply more than enough power.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-25 00:02:33
Link | Citer | R

So what do you think of this bed? I think I am going to get it.

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-25 00:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R) wants to reform the rules of end-of-life medical care so that more cancer patients can simply flush out their disease using baking soda.

Fiore, who is also CEO of a healthcare company, told listeners to her weekly radio show on Saturday, that she will soon introduce a “terminally ill bill,” to allow more non-FDA-approved treatments for those diagnosed as having terminal illnesses.

As first reported by Jon Ralston, Fiore told listeners: “If you have cancer, which I believe is a fungus, and we can put a pic line into your body and we’re flushing, let’s say, salt water, sodium cardonate [sic], through that line, and flushing out the fungus… These are some procedures that are not FDA-approved in America that are very inexpensive, cost-effective.” The American Cancer Society warns that while cancer patients whose immune systems are weakened by high doses of chemotherapy can sometimes contract fungal infections, “there is no evidence that antifungal treatment causes the patients’ tumors to shrink.” Cancer Research UK dismisses the claim that sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) can cure cancer as a debunked “persistent cancer myth.”

Fiore added that Nevada is already “the capital of entertainment” and this bill could help “make it the medical capital of the world as well.”

Weeks after being removed from her position as Republican Majority Leader over allegations of more than $1 million in tax liens, Fiore made news last Wednesday for her assertion that “young, hot little girls on campus” need to be armed with guns to prevent themselves from being raped, saying that every citizen should “have the right to defend him or herself from sexual assault.”

In 2012, she proposed arming school officials and college students as a way of combating school shootings.

Although Fiore’s views on cancer are particularly fringe, the bill she is backing is gaining traction in a number of states. At least five states have now passed similar legislation that allows patients to use drugs not cleared by the FDA, dubbed so-called “right to try” bills. The campaign to pass these bills has been led by the libertarian Goldwater Institute.
Nevada Lawmaker Says Cancer Is A Fungus, Recommends Simply Washing It Out
First Page 2 3 ... 327 328 329 ... 1375 1376 1377