Upbeat's Stream!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Upbeat's Stream!
Upbeat's Stream!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-09 12:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Phoenix.Upbeatglitch said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Shadows would be easier to keep up than RDM? Really?

I mean, Suzaku tears through them pretty quickly as I'm sure you're aware. Can't really say how much you could bring her accuracy down as a Ninja, but I would wager her hit rate would still be pretty damn fair. Also not sure how well you would be able to land Ninjutsu debuffs, but I'm fairly confident in saying you will struggle alot with landing the paralyze spell.

With no haste, and, assuming you opt for /RDM, little FC, I can't see it being easier to be honest. Got me pretty interested though!
(Allowing trusts for now, would be a whole other level to kill them without trusts.)

Ninja's native evasion + an evasion set actually allows NIN to evade attack rounds. RDM on the other hand has no chance with evading attacks. Ninja also gets Kurayami: Ni, Blade: Kamu, Yonin, & the extra shadow.

I'll stream an attempt here in a little bit.

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
With ease.
Impressive! I'd pay to see that. I've given it a try or two with no success. What was your strategy?

I didn't use a strat I just winged it......... :O

Pretend you're a PLD using Genbu Shield (This is a life saver) and any source of PDT, cocoon, and "try" and headbutt any Aga spells. That's the only really Painful part, Aga spells can whooop you. I grabbed Book Buffs before though for Obscene pro/shell and I think those values have been made rather strong (pro and shell generally) since 75 cap days..

I'll redo it later and make a video for ya.

not to mention being able to hoard abillion Yag drinks cos Wardrobe holds all your gears!

I'm not in the business of completely denying a possibility when it comes to jobs like Red Mage and Blue Mage. That being said, I highly doubt you solo'd Suzaku on Blue Mage at Lv.75. And if we're talking about doing it with trusts, it's not a true solo and to be perfectly honest, isn't all that impressive.

Head Butt at the 75 cap was never a reliable means of stun against HNMs, you'd be eating alot of aga's, then followed by melee attacks. If you aren't able to follow up that aga with shadows for whatever reason, cooldowns, reaction times, whatever, she'll slam you pretty hard there and then. I mean if she casts an aga when you just casted NI, or have it on a significant cooldown, and stun failed, what you have to fall back on is pretty bad. I don't see Blue Mage having the tools necessary to survive against her solo, and I have a fair deal of knowledge on the job, particularly at Lv.75.

But then again, since the 75 cap blue magic has received some buffs I believe, and all sorts of other adjustments like book buffs and the defense buff, so perhaps what wasn't possible then, can be done now. No offense intended anyway, I don't doubt you're a good Blue Mage. I'm interested in seeing your video aswell.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-11-09 13:36:42
Link | Citer | R

Gonna have to agree with Kenrusai. Suzaku just hits too hard. BLU would be forced to use /nin. BLU has a very difficult time keeping shadows up(Compared to NIN or RDM), and blu has a far more difficult time dealing with MP conservation.

Straight tanking probably won't be possible throughout the whole fight & gravity isn't going to land easily without tons of luck and a nearly perfect gearset.

Bind is out of the question.
Straight tanking long without shadows is out of the question.
Kiting is out of the question.

MP Drainkiss & Magic Hammer will most likely be resisted on every cast.

Now that's enough for why it won't work..

Let's talk about how it could work....!

* Metallic Body takes half the casting time now due to the recent BLU magic update.
* Disseverment + Cold Wave are great DoT spells. Can get roughly 30dmg/tic
* Actinic Burst will help to keep shadows up.
* Has access to 3 different gravity spells! Bad Breath, Magnetite Cloud, Mysterious Light..
Bad Breath is kinda out of the equation; costs too much MP & has a long cast time.
Magnetite cloud & Mysterious light are both possibilities.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-11-09 13:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Grabbing NIN gear & a suzaku pop set. Gonna stream a suzaku attempt here in the next few hours... Actually, I'll let you guys pick!

Which job would you guys like to see me attempt suzaku on?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-09 13:45:54
Link | Citer | R

I'd watch a NIN attempt, though you mention the use of trusts, which would detract the interest I have in watching. It would still be a interesting challenge to watch though, as trusts perform quite poorly in intense situations anyhow.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-09 14:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Blu/nin but gear like you expect a hit incase it gets one through.

I tried this at 75 (before the stupid number of updates) and it was painful. The boost we got to alot of spells helps tremendously.

And I don't take insult Ken, healthy amounts of skepticism is good.

I used Dot spells incase I got owned and wanted to zombie it.

Who the hell calls using trusts solo anyways?!

That would defeat the point!
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-11-09 14:24:36
Link | Citer | R

Some people do because they're available to everyone and are classed as spells. At least those were 2 excuses used in the BST solo thread awhile back.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-09 14:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Some people do because they're available to everyone and are classed as spells. At least those were 2 excuses used in the BST solo thread awhile back.

..... lolz
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-09 15:44:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »

I know a lot of people who don't believe pet job solo's are actually solo's. Go figure a bunch of BSTs would consider a party of 5 to be a solo.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-11-09 16:44:46
Link | Citer | R

iirc regurgitation stuck on suzy at 75 but been so long conagh go test because im a lazy american